Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) (15853 Views)

Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion / Residents Protest As EFCC Storms Ambode’s House (Photos) / Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Adebowale89(m): 8:19pm On Apr 21, 2017
sometimes

I wish being a Nigerian only happened in my dream and not in reality embarassed

1 Like

Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 21, 2017
Safi used to have uninterrupted electricity less than 10 years ago. In the days of 'two days on one day off'.
Chai! Why does Nigeria keep driving on reverse gear?
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by obonujoker(m): 8:33pm On Apr 21, 2017
Boscojugunu:
see the rubiish Jonathan did. That guy is a curse to Nigeria

What is the woe (dullard) doing to undo wat the curse did??
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by sweerychick(f): 8:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
Boscojugunu:
shut shut shut shut and shut up forever undecided
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by babapressy(m): 8:41pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rugged town. I once lived there
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by joinnow: 8:43pm On Apr 21, 2017
This is Nigeria

Where PHCN office is run on generator

The ... Simple.... Truth
is you cannot give what you don't have.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by destinysaid(m): 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2017
jbcul4ril:
That is the result of bombing dnt be a foo
Who light epp? grin grin grin grin grin grin
don't be a fool, when HV u ever seen in the news that SAPELE residents arry bomb go blow pipeline.

You just open ur mouth to spew rubbish. Ode
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Jamesify17: 8:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
Asaba is the worst no electricity they just brought me Bill of 13k for just a month, no body to help, delta state government is just wicked.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by destinysaid(m): 8:50pm On Apr 21, 2017
Ambassador1x:
Hehehe.... Sapele..... I did my NYSC at Obule
Schools Sapele. Out of 1 whole year, we saw light less than 2 weeks. Whether BEDC, EEFC ID, or whatever, they are all fraud.
ahh Dnt be a liar now, ppl that stay in SAPELE are on nl o, even as early as Jan when I was home in SAPELE light always dey dey for night, from 10 - 1:30ish

In fact at shell Rd, Mona sch area, the time table is as follows,and has followed this routine for 2 years.from 10-3ish in d afternoon then @0-1:30ish at night.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Kiakia(m): 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2017
Nigeria is now on auto pilot. The President is nowhere to be found. Nothing seems to be working anymore. By the way, where is Fashola? Is he not supposed the Minister of Power,etc? What is he doing about this darkness that pervades the entire nation. The other day, it was the Enugu State Assembly giving EEDC quit notice out of the State. Today, it is another State protesting the ineptitude of BEDC. And so it is all over the country. Is Nigeria a failed State?
I guess it is, for now. Unless....
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by destinysaid(m): 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2017
Jamesify17:
Asaba is the worst no electricity they just brought me Bill of 13k for just a month, no body to help, delta state government is just wicked.
lol, which govt, the one ibori is still running behind shadows? The ppl I pity are those that praise and sing songs to that theif
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
SINCE EVERY PROTEST LEADS TO SHOOTING LIVE AMMUNITION AND TEARGASS TO PEACEFUL PROTESTERS IN NIGERIA HOW MANY CANONS OF TEARS GASS AND BULLETS WHERE SHOT HERE NONE EVEN THOUGH THEY BLOCKED THE ROAD DESPITE THE WARNING FROM THE ARMY.....

WHY: BECAUSE POOR ELECTRICITY PROTEST IS NOT A CHALLENGE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF LATE DICTATOR IN CHIEF OF FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA (MUHAMMADU BUHARI) but if it's the SHEITE'S OR BIAFRANS THEY WILL SHOOT ON SITE
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Ncsamuel(m): 9:10pm On Apr 21, 2017
Sapele, e don tey were i reach dat city last! Were i grew up in.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by ioreth69(f): 9:38pm On Apr 21, 2017
Lollipop247:
It's really a national disgrace & embarrassment that in 2017, the giant of Africa should still be experiencing blackouts. angry
Naija which way cry
Sleeping giant grin
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by niyogeol(m): 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2017
9jakohai:
Problem with power supply in Nigeria

1.It needs a lot of money to fix....and we mean trillions of naira.(Hence privatisation).

2.We need to at least quadruple our generating capacity to get light 24/7....and that will take a long time.

3.And anyway, the transmission system is in a mess, and needs replacement.

4.Most Nigerians and most govt parastatals do not pay their light bills. Even when prepaid meters are installed...some people go and bypass them.Then there is the issue that we do not even pay enough for light at current billing methods.

5.If you want power 24/7.....metering, people paying bills on time, and fixing transmission might help.

Modified

Allow DISCOS to compete in areas that they do not cover. If I live in Lagos, and I find out that Kaduna DISCO is cheaper, why should I not pay Kaduna DISCO bills while living in Lagos?
You have stated the problems associated with the industry to the best of your knowledge, I guess. The truth remains that the present crops of people handling the Industry are not willing to invest their money. Can any of these companies vouch that they have invested any tangible sum since they took over in November, 2013??

If truly you understand the system, you will know its not possible to live in Benin and be serviced by Kaduna or Abuja disco with the present infrastructure setup of the power system in Nigeria. One thing that is going for the discos is monopoly.

Government has a huge role to play if the power situation is to get better. There is need for tougher laws and consequent sanctions against discos whenever they default. Government also need to review the power sales agreement. The discos should stop blackmailing government with this issue of backlogs of MDAs.

In the word of Minister of Power, Works and Housing- Babatunde Raji Fashola: if you cannot cope with the heat in the kitchen, you don't have any business there. Get out.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by ogbonti: 10:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
the zoo is active, i see animals on the prowl embarassed
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Prechy08(m): 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2017
And efe Is in Abuja
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Esepayne(f): 10:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Second to last and last pics, look like Okpe Road, close to Olympia Roundabout.
thats Olympia roundabout
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Esepayne(f): 10:53pm On Apr 21, 2017
destinysaid:
ahh Dnt be a liar now, ppl that stay in SAPELE are on nl o, even as early as Jan when I was home in SAPELE light always dey dey for night, from 10 - 1:30ish

In fact at shell Rd, Mona sch area, the time table is as follows,and has followed this routine for 2 years.from 10-3ish in d afternoon then @0-1:30ish at night.
10 to 1:30 care, mrng lite is 9 to 12 then nite is 11 to 2am
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nothing shall stop the flow of Sapele Water. angry
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by sapele914(m): 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Second to last and last pics, look like Okpe Road, close to Olympia Roundabout.
Correct I see that yeye uduaghan tv for Olympia roundabout.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by sapele914(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
9jakohai:

The problem with power supply in Nigeria predates Jonathan, and is much bigger and complicated than you think.
Sure no doubt and the mumu presidon donatus added to our woes by selling our energy companies to quacks who were all pdp members.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by sapele914(m): 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
Goddex:
Buhari govt is
the worst
But na Jona sell the power plants to pdp quacks you done forget? That was why when I was in Sapele 2 years ago I dey laugh them una dey support Jonatus never worry una suffer still dey front. I guess dey are beginning to see their stupidity where is the state step down electricity project that uduaghan and pdp said they spent 35 billion on? But they claim they deltans only love pdp don't worry una go suffer well, the blind leading the blind.
Re: Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) by mikolo80: 1:31am On Apr 23, 2017
Boscojugunu:
you de mine them and yet they voted 98% for the buffoon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Criticises APC's Take Over Of Their State Party Secretariat In Calabar / Nigeria At The Intensive Care Unit / Months To Tenure Expiration, FG To Build New Medical Centre In Buhari’s Hometown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.