Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt (34151 Views)

Ola-Brain: 27-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide In Lagos / 20-Year-Old Girl Raped By Security Guard In A Catholic Church In Enugu. / Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by doyinbaby(f): 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2017
alignacademy:
What a tragedy.

How can we help our young people know they can still talk things over?

Why is our society becoming so individualistic that people can no longer feel free to talk about things that matter, to share their burdens with others?

We guys can sit down and discuss all the goals scored by Messi since 2009 but we can't be free to open up to each other and get support and encouragement.

I wish this guy had at least posted on Nairaland...

May GOD comfort his family and friends
discussing your problems with some people is like going to radio Lagos...however man should never commit suicide it is wrong
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by Jakama90(m): 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
Buhari .. Buhari... This ur regime self.. The rate of suicide wey this your regime carry come, e don much ooo... People now dey commit suicide like say NA birthday celebration... They can suicide for Africa.
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
The thing with suicide is its the surest way to end the pain... but society frowns at this easy way out. Imagine the amount of free space and population check that would be in place if suicide is allowed by law. The world can use one less man.
ijustdey:

http://punchng.com/breaking-20-year-old-man-commits-suicide-inside-catholic-church/

File photo
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by Deilluminator(m): 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2017
Austinoiz:

Cataway there! Which cleansing, who send am go die dia ni?
So if person hang emsef for ur yard now, u go park out until your Javier pastore comes to extort u under the guise of deliverance and cleansing eeh?
Calc well oooh!
By committing an abominable act in a sacred place, he has desecrated the Holy place, therefore the sacred place needs cleansing and the issue investigated. Read your Bible well. 20 years old? What must have pursuit this young to go and hang himself in a place where he's supposed to be saved?
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 1:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
When will this epidemic called suicide reach national assembly?
As for me myself and I, I must leave to chop my own share of the national cake.
Suicide is an act of cowardice.
I don't know whether to say RIP.
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by Cityguy: 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2017
alignacademy:
What a tragedy.

Why is our society becoming so individualistic that people can no longer feel free to talk about things that matter, to share their burdens with others?

We guys can sit down and discuss all the goals scored by Messi since 2009 but we can't be free to open up to each other and get support and encouragement.

It's sad development. People were seeing him active, dedicated, hardworking and so on while he was hurting deeply on the inside. The retrieval of the said vehicle just tipped him over and that was it. In times past, a problem shared used to be problem half solved but these days, a problem shared becomes topic for gossip and ridicule. Head or tail, suicide shouldn't have been an option. He is gone rest, in peace or not, I don't know but we living should try to see things broadly. We should be our brothers keeper, appreciate help when given and be grateful to our Maker for every second he has given us to use here, whatever we go through.

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by oglalasioux(m): 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2017
What you get when you put 100% trust on an illusive god. He killed himself there because he believes all hope is lost; at his age!

Work hard, believe in your abilities, stand up when you fail and try again. There's nothing else that ensures success
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
Cityguy:

It's sad development. People were seeing him active, dedicated, hardworking and so on while he was hurting deeply on the inside. The retrieval of the said vehicle just tipped him over and that was it. In times past, a problem shared used to be problem half solved but these days, a problem shared becomes topic for gossip and ridicule. Head or tail, suicide shouldn't have been an option. He is gone rest, in peace or not, I don't know but we living should try to see things broadly. We should be our brothers keeper, appreciate help when given and be grateful to our Maker for every second he has given us to use here, whatever we go through.

I agree with you: we should look out for one another.

So many people are hurting inside, hiding behind fake smiles and fake "it is well" declarations.

By the way, the people who feel the need to be "Radio Without Battery" about other people's problems also have their own issues.

A problem shared can still be a problem half-solved, even if it takes much of the burden off you...

And even from the feedback, you'll learn who NOT to share your issues with next time.

Suicide just cuts short the whole learning process.

What a waste!
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by Ubenedictus(m): 2:09pm On Apr 22, 2017
rest in peace, ur hustle is ended. may God look upon u wit pity and have mercy, may He receive ur soul

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by glossy6(f): 2:09pm On Apr 22, 2017
Why does commenting suicide look so easy these days?
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by Benekruku(m): 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
Good One!

He will meet with Jesus in Heaven
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by funshint(m): 2:39pm On Apr 22, 2017
If someone is depressed and decides to commit suicide, pple open their dirty mouth to pronounce judgment on him. whereas he only saved u d burden of having another mad man roaming the street. The question is where were u when he was going through all those pain?
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by otemanuduno: 2:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
RIP to the dead. But why didn't Yahweh save him right inside his own very church. This again is a proof that yahweh is handicappedly inside his spiritual prison and there shall he remain until the whole world will know that Yahweh cannot save a cockroach let alone their nations from evil. Assuming that guy was a brain user, he wouldn't have followed his emotions, but he would have followed his brain and remain alive till today.

cc: Junia, Kingebukasblog, Felixmor, Analice107, Oaroloye, Petra1, Blueagent
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by Bobby808: 2:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
nkemdi89:
Most churches hardly assist their members when they are in need despite collecting huge offerings and tites also most members prefer to make big public donations in church and be awarded good Christians but they will never assist their members in need for little stipends, that's the type of Christianity we practice in Nigeria.
Even some pressed members request for very small loans, they are told out right that they should only think of what they should do for God and not to request and collect.

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by Bobby808: 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:
We warned that suicide rates will go up under Buhari but Zombies laughed ...now see everyday every hour another suicide
whether the zombies will agree or not, we have not recorded these different type of deads before since independence, except this Buhari government to the extent that our own fighter jet flew straight to idp, bumb them and kill them in hundred. These zombies will always disagree that Buhari is a strange Nigerians which no normal man will evaluate and explain who he is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by petra1(m): 3:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
otemanuduno:
RIP to the dead. But why didn't Yahweh save him right inside his own very church. This again is a proof that yahweh is handicappedly inside his spiritual prison and there shall he remain until the whole world will know that Yahweh cannot save a cockroach let alone their nations from evil. Assuming that guy was a brain user, he wouldn't have followed his emotions, but he would have followed his brain and remain alive till today.

cc: Junia, Kingebukasblog, Felixmor, Analice107, Oaroloye, Petra1, Blueagent

Man has a choice. Yahweh created you, yet you insult him, you see, he didn't kill you for it . It's your choice until judgement time

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by otemanuduno: 3:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
petra1:

Man has a choice. Yahweh created you, yet you insult him, you see, he didn't kill you for it . It's your choice until judgement time
It's only those who have never met their creator that'll be claiming that a god far middle eastern world created them. The creator of my ancestors is Aluna and if you want the Genealogy of my higher self, I'll give you. However GOD the Universe who created goddess Aluna is the same who created Yahweh. All things are from GOD THE UNIVERSE, the father of both your adopted god and my goddess.

DOCTUFOS: Otem Erectus 2 & 3

20. Now the astrologers said, do you have the genealogies of your lineage? And Asuku said, I know it from the days of Aluna upon the earth, even to my own time. For my ancestors pass their genealogies from father to children until my days.
21. But this good culture has stopped since the days when the religions of your people were forced upon us. For now, my people foolishly study the genealogies of the homos of Juda and Makka, forgetting their own genealogy.
22. And whereby I know the name and image of my own great grandfather to the fiftieth generation, the homos of our time do not know anything about their great grandfather. But they can tell you of one named Brahama, who is the great grandfather of Juda to the forty-sixth generation.
23. I tell you, o homos, this is foolishness.

Chapter Three
1. Now Asuku said, this is my genealogy from the beginning till these days. God the Universe created Tem, Aten, Moloki, Chimedi, Alla, Yahweh, Visinu, Yukilidi, Olorun, Chuku, Abasi, Janusi, Makuri, Wayioyi, Inyami, Inzami, Ogene;
2. Iweya, Eloim, Esu, Eresi, Enlili, Enuki, Astaroti, Masada, Waiguru, Barahama, Siva, Orunmila, Pita, Bakuba, Noliudu, Unkulunkulu, Wirakokha, Pangu;
3. Anu, Ometeoti, Dagida, Ra, Tani, Odini, Bonidiye, Peruni, Indovilikusi, Gaholi, Khimidise, Gagoa, Batala, Dusara, Maginipo, Dagasimi, Ranginui;
4. Feruba, Koyote, Somitaka, Uko, Raveni, Busika, Daramiki, Fureto, Mikulasi, Lugi, Belenosi, Manana, Loki;
5. Sol, Vida, Vali, Miha, Belebogi, Chenobogi, Mumu, Sahiseniye, Susanu and thousands of their brothers.
6. And God the Universe made many goddesses also, for he knew that the gods have need of female counterparts. For according to Aluna, all the goddesses including herself exist within the inner universe in the head of God Almighty until the time when the gods requested for them to come and be their counterparts in the outer universe.
7. Now these are the names of the goddesses whom God the Universe brought out of the inner universe; Gai who is also called Mother Earth, whom we call Ete in our tongue, Aluna whose abode was the Gondwana, Yemoja, Osun, Tetis, Muti, Ninusaga, Marima, Seliki, Kubiriki, Sarasiwati, Ninisuni, Danu, Dia, Toki, Babaloni, Pakhamama;
8. Zemiliya, Venusi, Aditi, Kunapipi, Minigaropi, Mawu, Papatuwanuku, Nuwa, Mami, Ingana, Kura, Bahik, Fesibu, Duruki, Ubilo, Behira, Khaki, Arohirohi, Butumbenu, Sakuro and thousands of their sisters.
9. Now the gods and goddesses went into different parts of the universe of God, for he had told them to go and make findings of his unlimited works. And while they departed to make findings, God their father made other bangs to fom other universes where no one knows till today. And so the light of God the Universe revealed to our forefathers that God as a personality can no more be seen because he is all things, making himself manifest. And all those who have discovered it so shall manifest like superhomos.
10. God has made other universes, even when the universe he made before is unlimited in space and time and knowledge. For only God himself can determine the limit of his creations, because their limits are unlimited to human understanding.
11. Now the astrologers were amazed at the sayings of Asuku. And they asked him saying, do you study in the greatest schools in Urope? And Asuku said, I did not go to school at all. And this language which I manage to speak with you was taught me when you foreigners colonized our land.
12. For I was four years old when you came and took our land by force.
13. Now listen and hear the remaining part of the genealogies of my ancestors till today.
14. Now when Aluna had left her sisters and brothers, she came to a mountain here and possessed the lands. And she made some homos for herself. And among the first homos she made were Enesi, Ohomorihi, Nyenene, Ira, Serankuwa, Ojo, Adavi, Rupete, Ivovo, Igala, Jukun, Igal, Idom,
15. And Ohomorihi married Ohunene and gave birth to twenty-nine children. Now the names of the children of Ohomorihi were Akuvada, Ele, Ojo, Itopa, Uhuoto, Adeiza, Onume, Ajimituwo, Ajagu, Anataku, Adooro, Omata, Otori, Onyeche, Asipita, Opete, Okene, Ihima, Ohinoi, Obaji, Ogori, Ede, Awarimpo, Agada, Otubi, Mahuru, Esusu, Enesi and Onoko.
16. And the children of Akuvada were Obanjere, Epoto and seven other children.
17. And the children of Adeiza were Iraje, Idu, Adina, Adobe, Esugu, Obangede, Okehi and seven other children.
18. Now the children of Okehi were Iresu, Ovavi, Ipeku, Umata, Onotu, Opaku, Onozare, Omeiza, Otori, Oseiza and eight other children.
19. Now the children of Omeiza were Ireyi, Orahachi, Eniyamere, Anoze, Ezuhio, Enesi, Avidime and twelve other children.
20. Now Enesi gave birth to Aduho, Onoto, Adabara, Adomuha, Aduvo, Onotu, Adajinege, Onoruoiza, Onuwoji and ten other children.
21. And Aduho was exiled from the land. Now Aduho was punished for such because Onoto his immediate younger brother wanted to be the heir to the seat of rulership to the throne of Enesi their father.
22. And Onoto went into the swamp and caught toads, saying, help me prepare these frogs my brother. And when Aduho had prepared it, Onoto took a toad whole and squeezed it inside his own mouth.
23. And when their father saw it, Onoto said that it was Aduho who gave him the food of toads. For he squeezed them into my mouth, saying, eat and die so that you shall not inherit the seat of my father with me.
24. Now Enesi was angry. And he pulled out the toad from the mouth of Onoto his son. And he gave him palm oil to drink, for the poison was great. For Onoto was like one who would die shortly.
25. Now Enesi said to Aduho, why do you set your mind at killing your own brother?
26. And Aduho said, I do not know anything. For Onoto was he who went and brought all these things. And he told me saying that they are Oyintuete and not toads. And he begged me to prepare them for him.
27. And when they are ready, he put it in his mouth to swallow.
28. Now Enesi their father said, if anything bad comes upon your brother, you shall be sent away from the land. And you shall live like a vagrant all your lives.
29. Now on the third day, Onoto died. And Enesi was angry. For he loved Onoto the most. Therefore he sent Aduho away, but Eniyamere one of the daughters of Ireyi who loved Aduho ran away with Aduho. For they were lovers before.
30. And this made Enesi and Ireyi his brother become enemy such that their predecessors continued in enmity with each other.
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 3:48pm On Apr 22, 2017
20 is too young to even claim hardship. Drug addiction could have led to this.
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by Bobby808: 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
maduinfo:
Teacher, English is foreign!, if I may ask, what's your grade in English..
Am very very sure, I will be better than Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by Jabioro: 3:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
May him be able to answer all the question put to him at gate of at all his permitted to smell it.
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by NaijaBlend: 4:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
Posterity will always record it that while one man was the president was when the highest number of suicides was recorded!
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by Radiohead6(f): 4:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
ITbomb:

So Fabregas is so dedicated to church activities
hahaha I wonder oh
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by oheni(f): 4:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
burkingx:
grin grin grin and the eeediot no even take em last Selfie grin grin grin
he hehehe abi
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by fpeter(f): 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
mexxmoney:
But why inside church nah? RIP

If he actually committed suicide, then it's because he thought he would gain access into heaven.

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by Mbediogu(m): 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
The churches rarely help their members now. in the past the churches gave scholarship to indigent students. These days the act as if it is more blessed to take than to give. All pastor's drive on hummer suv cars.
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 22, 2017
alignacademy:
What a tragedy.

Even people on Nairaland are very insensitive as well. Or have you not seen the replies they give on suicide threads? Mental illness is still a joke to Nigerians
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by petra1(m): 5:32pm On Apr 22, 2017
otemanuduno:
It's only those who have never met their creator that'll be claiming that a god far middle eastern world created them. The creator of my ancestors is Aluna and if you want the Genealogy of my higher self, I'll give you. However GOD the Universe who created goddess Aluna is the same who created Yahweh. All things are from GOD THE UNIVERSE, the father of both your adopted god and my goddess.

You know that's what they told you but the Bible has all the answers
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 22, 2017
AnonyNymous:

Even people on Nairaland are very insensitive as well. Or have you not seen the replies they give on suicide threads? Mental illness is still a joke to Nigerians

You have a point.

Posting on Nairaland would have been a LAST resort.

Ideally, family should be there for one to lean on in times of stress.

However, materialism has eroded family values and you'll likely get a rough rebuff "So what do you want me to do? Do what others are doing and stop looking for excuses, my friend!"

It's really a deep problem. Suicide doesn't happen in a vacuum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by AustineAlex(m): 5:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
Keneking:
This Buhari/Osinbajo/Wike combination sef
where did u see wike?
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by millionboi(m): 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
mexxmoney:
But why inside church nah? RIP
because thy refused to help him.
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by FrancisIgya: 6:27pm On Apr 22, 2017
Kachi should have narrated his ordeal to the church for help instead of committing suicide.
Re: Man Commits Suicide In A Catholic Church In Port-Harcourt by farem: 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
nonstan:
Till we meet again, suicide aint the solution, RIP

Where?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SARS Assaults A Boy And His Mother In Edo (Photos) / Indian Mob Bashes Kenyan Student, Thinking She Is Nigerian - Thisday / Commotion As Two Ladies Fight In Public After Heated Argument. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.