Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN (7021 Views)

Troops Dismantle Boko Haram Fuel Terrorist Depot (Photos) / Top 5 most terrorist nations ,Nigeria included / Fg: Nigeria’s Classified Documents Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by ChapelleS: 11:44am On Jan 04, 2010
Soon we will be classified among the notorious four-Cuba,Syria,Iran and Sudan.We are witnesses to the devastation caused by our northern brother,a stigma which its full negative effect is yet to be fully unraveled. Undoubtedly,the classification of Nigeria among potential terrorist country with introduction of full body scanners and random checks gives us a grim picture of what is yet to come.

Check it out on CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/01/03/tsa.measures/index.html
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by Justcash(m): 11:50am On Jan 04, 2010
LOL! This is just the beginning!! Watch out for part 2!!!!! grin
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by DrKnow1(m): 11:58am On Jan 04, 2010
Somebody is not doing her public relations job by telling them what we are not, at least. Where is Madam Rebranding just when we need her?
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by ChapelleS: 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2010
Madam re branding has seen situations that surpass her. She is helpless.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by Gaco(f): 12:28pm On Jan 04, 2010
Sad indeed, This is what one careless individual has caused d nation.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by yeswecan(m): 12:32pm On Jan 04, 2010
Leave the media , they are controlled .
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by ChapelleS: 12:35pm On Jan 04, 2010
yeswecan:

Leave the media , they are controlled .
Controlled? Is like you live in one small bush? If you live outside Nigeria you will understand. Just one small scare at Newark Airport,New York yesterday there was 6 hours delay because a man breached security. My brother this is real life
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by chidichris(m): 12:40pm On Jan 04, 2010
long before the civil war, this classification has been long over due.
our northern terrorists have been killing in the name of religion.
this is just the international community just noticing that, the igbos have confirmed the northerners as potential terrorists over the years.
it is good that what the igbos have been crying ovber for long has been finally recognised by the international communities.
this is not just one person, rather it is the system that have seen some govs turned their states into sharia states leaving the constitution of the country behind.
all the same, it is becoming very important by the day that this entity called nigeria be seperated so that we will be able to differentiate paul from barnabass.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by idiopathic: 12:44pm On Jan 04, 2010
I think the high handed approach on Nigerians is evident of our diminshed stature in International community.
There are other countries who have more terror prone populace than nigeria, whose names are not on the list.
Saudi is busy spreading wahabisim and bulk of september 2003 bombers.
Egypt- the country of origin of muhammed atta and alquida deputy.
UK- the shoe bomber
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by Abagworo(m): 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2010
@topic.that is why we need a ''republic of southern nigeria'' different from the fanatical north.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by r231(m): 1:46pm On Jan 04, 2010
Nigerians are not Terrorist but Umar is the 1st and last, i promise U, Why Nigeria among the listed countries,

Is too sad that this is happening to Nigeria ,believe me an average nigeria is not a terrorist, NO nigerian will want to die for such a thing, personally i fill the suspect dont have the Nigeria mentality ,the nigeria blood even if he happen to have origins from nigeria. All what i can see is foriegn influence on him, its so sad cos we have bad image already ,all the years trying had to change this for better then this stupid ,evil and cowardly act , i just pray that the hands of the LORD should rest upon our country Nigeria , cos we are peace loving people.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by ChapelleS: 1:53pm On Jan 04, 2010
r231:

Nigerians are not Terrorist but Umar is the 1st and last, i promise U, Why Nigeria among the listed countries,

Is too sad that this is happening to Nigeria ,believe me an average nigeria is not a terrorist, NO nigerian will want to die for such a thing, personally i fill the suspect dont have the Nigeria mentality ,the nigeria blood even if he happen to have origins from nigeria. All what i can see is foriegn influence on him, its so sad cos we have bad image already ,all the years trying had to change this for better then this silly ,evil and cowardly act , i just pray that the hands of the LORD should rest upon our country Nigeria , cos we are peace loving people.

My dear,we are all terrorist now,don't mind the bongerfish,anu ofia and slowpoke who should have been celebrating xmas with some nice chicks @ one beach with pretty girls all around or jiving in his village with a nice automobile with all the umu nwa( pretty ladies) swarming around him(his parents can afford that) going to bomb plane. If he was searching for a job after his education to earn a living he would not have had time for his 'animalistic' radicalism This stigma will live with Nigeria for a long time to come.We should pray that another one should not happen because that will signal our waterloo.Invasion.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by kokoA(m): 2:10pm On Jan 04, 2010
Why are my not surprised?
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by naso2(m): 2:25pm On Jan 04, 2010
At times like this I seem to miss OBJ, The guy for don use PERSONAL GRAGRA and AU clout shakara even Obama. But wetin man go do?

Infact things like this only further challenge the reason for our continued stay as one nation.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by stiyke(m): 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2010
I just read that piece in pointblank news, of course i asked the question y should nigeria be dubbed state sponsor of terrorism? YYYYYYY? I then realised i had to ask myself what is terrorism?? U see its not only when u take a bomb and try to blow souls that u are a terrorist. Terrorism comes from the word terror. pls check the meaning of terror.

Nigerians are constantly under terror of/from their state. so i think they r right. You live in terror of NEPA(PHCN) if u own a business that depend on electric power u will know what i mean, terror of the death traps called roads or highways (please say sincerely that u dont feel the fear when u travel on our roads), terror of police brutality, terror of press freedom, terror of getting ill due to sick hospitals, terror of unemployment, terror of fuel scarcity, terror of , terror of , , terror of, ,

Please complete the list.

Nawa for Naija.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by Mekusxyz: 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2010
na_so:

At times like this I seem to miss OBJ, The guy for don use PERSONAL GRAGRA and AU clout shakara even Obama. But wetin man go do?

You are somewhat right. This classification of Nigeria as a terrorist state (or something to that effect) may not have taken place under ObJ's watch. Virtually anybody can piss on Nigeria's head as of today because of its very complacent leadership or lack of leadership. Shame.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by OvieE: 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2010
Nigeria is a big disgrace to Africa.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by otawa: 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2010

Infact things like this only further challenge the reason for our continued stay as one nation.

It seems you dont know your history!

OBJ has always being a coward: he was hiding under Chief Mabogunje bed when Dimka Coup brought down Murtala!

When Bush sneezed, he quickly ask Nigerian Army to arrest Charles Taylor, same Taylor OBJ told he can leave Nigeria for Libya!

What did OBJ do when Bush/Blair/Kofi/Chirac went back on their support for his 3rd Term project if he could deliver 'Bakassi' to France?
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by MrCoon: 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2010
OvieE

Nigeria is a big disgrace to Africa.

So true. If not for Nigeria, Africa would now be riding high. Africa would be up there with Asia. There would be no wars, or despoiled South African children, no Lord Resistance Army, Somalia, Congo, Sudan, Liberia, Algeria and all the African countries Nigeria helped bring problems to.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by MrCoon: 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2010
stiyke (m)

I just read that piece in pointblank news, of course i asked the question y should nigeria be dubbed state sponsor of terrorism? YYYYYYY? I then realised i had to ask myself what is terrorism?? U see its not only when u take a bomb and try to blow souls that u are a terrorist. Terrorism comes from the word terror. pls check the meaning of terror.

Nigerians are constantly under terror of/from their state. so i think they r right. You live in terror of NEPA(PHCN) if u own a business that depend on electric power u will know what i mean, terror of the death traps called roads or highways (please say sincerely that u dont feel the fear when u travel on our roads), terror of police brutality, terror of press freedom, terror of getting ill due to sick hospitals, terror of unemployment, terror of fuel scarcity, terror of ,  terror of , , terror of, ,

Please complete the list.

Nawa for Naija.

another heartily endorsed post from the Coon
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by No2Atheism(m): 3:57pm On Jan 04, 2010
Its sad . . . but I think its safe to say that:

- Islam has succeeded in bringing sorrow and hardship to Nigerian Non-muslim counterparts . . .as far as travelling abroad is concerned.

- Islam has given US and Britain the opportunity to implement their neo-colonialistic agenda against Nigeria.

- The sad part of it all is that, this is just the beginning of more travelling sorrows to come to the typical ordinary Nigerian, cus islam supports violence hence this scenarion would only end up creating more terrorist and in the process more and more hardship in impacted on non-muslims.

- I know enough about Islam, to know that islam is like a virus, once it enters your system/country, you can never get it out . . .to make it worse, islam glorifies death for allah hence meaning that fear of death is not even a deterent.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by kuramo: 4:16pm On Jan 04, 2010
I don't think Nigerians understand the consequence of our country being officially labelled as a terrorist State.

This is a consequence of the state of affairs in the country at present , a failed and missing President ( stupid and moribund Yar' Adua ), corrupt  leadership and Islamic fundamentalists in the North.

The Muslim and Islamic fundamentalists have been terrorising mostly Christians unchallenged by the Government and state security agencies for a very long time. Sometimes these Northern fundamentalists have have carried out their terrorist activities with the tacit approval of some of the Northern Governors and their political elite.

The chicken has now come home to roost and in the eyes of the world, we are now all terrorists.

For those who are lucky enough there has never been a better time to have dual citizenship with access to another passport aside from the disgraced green passport,     

The best thing that can happen to the country now is for the fool to die peacefully without much ado so that the country can move forward and try to repair all the damage already done.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by nex(m): 4:56pm On Jan 04, 2010
Finally, a befitting name. I knew we'd make it. I'd rather be part of a terrorist country than an ordinary corrupt country.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by platinumnk(f): 5:02pm On Jan 04, 2010
nex:

Finally, a befitting name. I knew we'd make it. I'd rather be part of a terrorist country than an ordinary corrupt country.

grin grin grin grin grin hahha
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by debosky(m): 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2010
A welcome development IMO - I hope they reserve special frisking for the pot bellied leaders of the country as well.  tongue

If we won't clean up our act ourselves, people will force us to clean up.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by sammyzacks(m): 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2010
God Bless The United States of America.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by 9ja4eva: 6:58pm On Jan 04, 2010
Why is US missing from that list?

Abeg na them sabi wetin they wan do.They are not "GOD".
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by Choco5: 7:03pm On Jan 04, 2010
The State Department lists four countries as those that sponsor terror: Cuba, Sudan, Syria and Iran.

The other 10 countries of interest are Afghanistan, Algeria, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia and Yemen, the government official said.

Look at the bolded words.
Nigeria is among countries of interest, not terrorist nations. Lets be factual.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2010
Why is the United Kingdom not on the list?
If I remember correctly, the shoe bomber was British.
They even have a large population of fundamentalist muslims.
But hey it's Nigeria, a third world country.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by 9ja4eva: 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2010
Choco5:

The State Department lists four countries as those that sponsor terror: Cuba, Sudan, Syria and Iran.

The other 10 countries of interest are Afghanistan, Algeria, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia and Yemen, the government official said.

Look at the bolded words.
Nigeria is among countries of interest, not terrorist nations. Lets be factual.

They are stupid.So because one man attempted to bomb a plane we are now amongst Countries of interest.Doesn't make sense.They should be on that list too.Abeg dem too drag the matter jare.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by 9ja4eva: 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2010
khai_khai:

Why is the United Kingdom not on the list?
If I remember correctly, the shoe bomber was British.
They even have a large population of fundamentalist muslims.
But hey it's Nigeria, a third world country.

Exactly my point.Even US sef.Please let them stop the stupid propaganda.
Re: Nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations - CNN by rethink: 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2010
Quote from: na_so on Today at 02:25:21 PM

Mekusxyz
You are somewhat right. This classification of Nigeria as a terrorist state (or something to that effect) may not have taken place under ObJ's watch. Virtually anybody can piss on Nigeria's head as of today because of its very complacent leadership or lack of leadership. Shame.

So you mekus of people can say something like this.

@all

i am happy this is happening becayse it will help us look inside. The Parasitic Elite will now see that their boss is no Joker. We were looking away from nigeria now we see you can escape Nigeria.   Oh really you say I would just get an American passport and throw away the Nigerian one. What if Muttallab lived in america and had an american passport? Dont get it all wrong any terrorist can use a USA passport.

WE MUST STAND UNITED WE ARE OUR BROTHERS KEEPERS.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner / Newly Diiscovered Isis Document Reveals Frightening Apocalyptic Vision / Nigeria is too big to fail – Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.