Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,454 members, 7,954,784 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:15 AM

Islam Needs A Messiah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam Needs A Messiah (856 Views)

Request Of The Messiah / What Is Meant By A Messiah / Islam Believes Jesus As The Messiah, But What Is He Annointed For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam Needs A Messiah by ChapelleS: 11:46am On Jan 04, 2010
To come and change some mundane violent laws inherent in this religion. When Christ appeared on the scene in christian religion,He came with a massage of peace and forgiveness.That is exactly what Islam needs in other to root out extremism. Some of its laws are not in consonance with spiritual concepts and are at conflict with human's ethics of living on planet earth. If this Messiah comes,maybe he will be against extremism which leads to terrorism.
Re: Islam Needs A Messiah by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2010
Chapelle.S:

To come and change some mundane violent laws inherent in this religion. When Christ appeared on the scene in christian religion,He came with a massage of peace and forgiveness.That is exactly what Islam needs in other to root out extremism. Some of its laws are not in consonance with spiritual concepts and are at conflict with human's ethics of living on planet earth. If this Messiah comes,maybe he will be against extremism which leads to terrorism.

Ultimately, the strongest, most serious problem of the Qur'an is that it affirms the scriptures of the Jews and the Christians as authentic and true revelation from God (cf. what the Qur'an says about the Bible), while radically denying central aspects of their message, e.g. the core themes of sacrifice and atonement in the Torah, the crucifixion of Jesus, the deity of Jesus and even the mere messianic title "Son of God" for Jesus, the very nature of God, the fall and the sinfulness of man (*, *), necessity and means of salvation, etc. For this reason Muslims had to invent the unwarranted theory of corruption of the earlier scriptures, even against the clear testimony of the Qur'an itself.
Re: Islam Needs A Messiah by ChapelleS: 12:24pm On Jan 04, 2010
Their Messiah should come just like Jesus came with his massage of love and forgiveness. Asking the Muslims to concur to the New Testament or the Bible is an impossible mission,a clash of civilization that can bring man's existence to end. The Apocalypse.The beginning of the end.Iran will develop and release all the nuclear weapons it can.
Re: Islam Needs A Messiah by Lagosboy: 1:38pm On Jan 04, 2010
I suggested to you a while ago on the politics section that , you seem to be of high intellect and deep thought hence you should be this messiah and champion the reform needed, otherwise if you cant please withdraw into your shell and you will do muslims a favour by keeping your ideas to yourself.
Re: Islam Needs A Messiah by ChapelleS: 1:45pm On Jan 04, 2010
Lagosboy:

I suggested to you a while ago on the politics section that , you seem to be of high intellect and deep thought hence you should be this messiah and champion the reform needed, otherwise if you cant please withdraw into your shell and you will do muslims a favour by keeping your ideas to yourself.

This is the problem with Islam. They want to exist in a vacuum. Anyone who is not a Muslim is deemed an enemy of God. Islam needs reinvention and renaissance. Any religion that any of its sects sanctions terror is evil and requires change.

@ moderator

Plz send this post back to religion,I am not a Muslim before they lynch me.
Re: Islam Needs A Messiah by Lagosboy: 1:57pm On Jan 04, 2010
Chapelle.S:

This is the problem with Islam. They want to exist in a vacuum. Anyone who is not a Muslim is deemed an enemy of God. Islam needs reinvention and renaissance. Any religion that any of its sects sanctions terror is evil and requires change.

@ moderator

I havent called you an enemy of God, neither is anyone lynching you buddie and you will always be welcomed here, you do not need to make unneccassay hype or alarm. You made a suggestion and i only offered you an advice to practicalise your suggestions. Reinvention and renaissance of a 1.7 Billion muslims worldwide could be championed by you, A faith with thousands of converts every year in the west might perhaps need a another renaissance championed by you.

You talked abt sects sanctioning terror, perhaps reading a bit of history of various jewish sect and christian sects in the world might make you eat your words and submit in humilty to your mistakes.
Re: Islam Needs A Messiah by olalekan1(m): 3:14pm On Jan 04, 2010
@poster, with the knowledge you have, you seem not to understand Islam.
Re: Islam Needs A Messiah by noetic16(m): 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2010
Chapelle.S:

@ moderator

GBAM! GBAM!! GBAM!!!
Re: Islam Needs A Messiah by noetic16(m): 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2010
Lagosboy:

I havent called you an enemy of God, neither is anyone lynching you buddie and you will always be welcomed here, you do not need to make unneccassay hype or alarm. You made a suggestion and i only offered you an advice to practicalise your suggestions. Reinvention and renaissance of a 1.7 Billion muslims worldwide could be championed by you, A faith with thousands of converts every year in the west might perhaps need a another renaissance championed by you.

You talked abt sects sanctioning terror, perhaps reading a bit of history of various jewish sect and christian sects in the world might make you eat your words and submit in humilty to your mistakes.

Have u said anything the addresses the concerns of the OP?. . . .NO.

Instead of u to condemn the violence in islam and highlight measures at curbing u are busy trading blames and talking about the history of jewish and xtain sect. . , .is this not just pathetic?
Re: Islam Needs A Messiah by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 04, 2010
noetic16:

Instead of u to condemn the violence in islam and highlight measures at curbing u are busy trading blames and talking about the history of jewish and xtain sect. . , .is this not just pathetic?

War is sanctioned in Islam, with enormous rewards promised to those who fight for Allah, according to sura 4:74. Later in verse 84, Muhammad gives himself the divine order to fight. This is the verse which is the basis for calling Islam "the religion of the sword" (Shorrosh 1988:174).
In sura 5:33 the Qur'an orders those who fight Allah and his messenger to be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off; or they can be expelled out of the land. In sura 48:16-17, we read that all who die "fighting in the ways of the Lord" (Jihad) are richly rewarded, but those who retreat are sorely punished.
The first blood shed under Muhammad was carried out by a blind disciple named Umair, who stabbed and killed a woman named Asma while she slept suckling her baby because she had criticized Muhammad with poetic verses. Upon hearing of this Muhammad said "Behold a man that hath assisted the Lord and His prophet. Call him not blind, call him rather 'Umair,' the seeing." (Nehls pg.122).
Therefore, when those of us who are Christians read these suras, and see the example of the prophet himself, we find a total rejection of the previous teachings of Jesus who calls us to live in peace and put away the sword. We then are incredulous when we hear Muslims claim that Islam is the religion of peace. The record speaks for itself.

U all need jesus
Re: Islam Needs A Messiah by MUNEER2(m): 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2010
noetic16:

Instead of u to condemn the violence in islam and highlight measures at curbing u are busy trading blames and talking about the history of jewish and xtain sect. . ,  .is this not just pathetic?

Wow, you are really so arrogant and ignorant, it's really so pathetic for you embarassed

toba:

War is sanctioned in Islam, with enormous rewards promised to those who fight for Allah, according to sura 4:74. Later in verse 84, Muhammad gives himself the divine order to fight. This is the verse which is the basis for calling Islam "the religion of the sword" (Shorrosh 1988:174).
In sura 5:33 the Qur'an orders those who fight Allah and his messenger to be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off; or they can be expelled out of the land. In sura 48:16-17, we read that all who die "fighting in the ways of the Lord" (Jihad) are richly rewarded, but those who retreat are sorely punished.
The first blood shed under Muhammad was carried out by a blind disciple named Umair, who stabbed and killed a woman named Asma while she slept suckling her baby because she had criticized Muhammad with poetic verses. Upon hearing of this Muhammad said "Behold a man that hath assisted the Lord and His prophet. Call him not blind, call him rather 'Umair,' the seeing." (Nehls pg.122).
Therefore, when those of us who are Christians read these suras, and see the example of the prophet himself, we find a total rejection of the previous teachings of Jesus who calls us to live in peace and put away the sword. We then are incredulous when we hear Muslims claim that Islam is the religion of peace. The record speaks for itself.

U all need jesus
Clap! clap!! clap!!!
Atleast, you are better off than your christian counterparts, except that you are seemingly educated about islam grin
Now, sit and let me tutor you
(Q4:74)"Falyuqatil fee sabeeli Allahi allatheena yashroona alhayata alddunya bial-akhirati waman yuqatil fee sabeeli Allahi fayuqtal aw yaghlib fasawfa nu/teehi ajran AAatheeman"
"Let those (believers) who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter fight in the Cause of Allâh, and who so fights in the Cause of Allâh, and is killed or gets victory, We shall bestow on him a great reward."
(Q4:84)"Faqatil fee sabeeli Allahi la tukallafu illa nafsaka waharridi almu/mineena AAasa Allahu an yakuffa ba/sa allatheena kafaroo waAllahu ashaddu ba/san waashaddu tankeelan"
"Then fight (O Muhammad SAW) in the Cause of Allâh, you are not tasked (held responsible) except for yourself, and incite the believers (to fight along with you), it may be that Allâh will restrain the evil might of the disbelievers. And Allâh is Stronger in Might and Stronger in punishing."

So, tell me where you see go to war for your sake there. . . The fools are the christian whom they will tell "if you are being slapped on your right cheek, turn your left, that's peace huh
"the religion of the sword" (Shorrosh 1988:174).

You must be a genius amongst your disciple grin

(Q5:33)"Innama jazao allatheena yuhariboona Allaha warasoolahu wayasAAawna fee al-ardi fasadan an yuqattaloo aw yusallaboo aw tuqattaAAa aydeehim waarjuluhum min khilafin aw yunfaw mina al-ardi thalika lahum khizyun fee alddunya walahum fee al-akhirati AAathabun AAatheemun"

"The recompense of those who wage war against Allâh and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off on the opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter. "

Did you notice the great point you left out there?

You are seemingly a great historian, but your intelligence is really at it's drastic depreciation, turning an history around to suit your own taste angry

U all need jesus
I once had him, until Allah saved my soul from the torment of hell, you understand what i'm saying now wink

So, boo!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Islam Needs A Messiah by AbdulMajeed2(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
dis people dat call demselfs christians are deceiving themselve nd they know...
Re: Islam Needs A Messiah by LagosShia: 6:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
Islam does have a "messiah" and he is Imam Mahdi (ajtfs).

According to Islamic texts he will come when the earth is filled with tyranny and injustice and he will fill it with justice and peace as it was filled with tyranny and injustice.he will come just shortly before Prophet Jesus,the son of Mary (as) decend.
Re: Islam Needs A Messiah by carefulme(m): 6:47am On Sep 22, 2012
Chapelle.S:
To come and change some mundane violent laws inherent in this religion. When Christ appeared on the scene in christian religion,He came with a massage of peace and forgiveness.

that's what all prophet of God came with....nonetheless it should be pointed out that they were humans, reasonable and realistic. so it cannot be said that they were all "ALL PEACE and ALL FORGIVING" (including Christ)........of course i don't have to start quoting verses cos u know what i mean....
they acknowledge that practical solutions are necessary to problems....
They recognized that it would be FOOLISHNESS to FACE ones enemy
Little wonder why Christ was encouraging his disciples to have swords......a most logical approach in such situation.......Not PRAY,have FAITH, GO TO your enemy and EXPECT miracles....or PERFORM one if it's not coming quick.....

THEY CAME TO TEACH US TOLERANCE AND ITS LIMIT....

THEY DIDN'T COME TO ABOLISH THE LAWS BUT TO FULFILL THEM

(1) (Reply)

The Problem Of Sayyid Qutb's Jihad / Jarus, Chief Imam, Mukina And Others Help / Ramadan Begins On Saturday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.