Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government (41205 Views)

Update On ASUU Meeting With Federal Government (pics) / Outcome Of Today's ASUU Meeting With FG / ASUU STRIKE:- Outcome Of Todays Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 15, 2018
A meeting between the Nigerian government and university lecturers has ended Thursday evening without resolution of the nationwide strike by the teachers.

The teachers said the strike which began on November 4 would continue.

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) called the strike over its demands for improved funding of universities and welfare of lecturers.

Thursday’s meeting began 3p.m and ended 8:15 p.m.

The Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, said government’s discussion with ASUU will continue next week .
Mr Ngige earlier said the meeting with the university teachers was late in coming due to the minimum wage negotiation.

He appealed to ASUU to put the interests of student as who are at the receiving end into consideration.

ASUU president, Biodun Ogunyemi, said the union have tendered its request and also said the meeting has been adjourned till next week.

According to him, no date has been fixed but “we will communicate the date to you tomorrow,” he told waiting journalists.

He said the union was forced to call the strike after its plea for the implementation of the 2009 agreement fell on deaf ears.

“Our meeting with the education minister in May and September to remind him about federal government promises to implement the agreement yielded no result,” he said.

Mr Ogunyemi earlier said the government had promised to take action on issues raised in the last MOU signed by the two parties but “it does appears that federal government is dribbling the union.”

Strike continues

Source : https://www.collegegist.com.ng/2018/11/ASUU-see-outcome-of-todays-ASUU-meeting.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by Movichabiodun(m): 9:45pm On Nov 15, 2018
it's okay
Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by obi4eze(m): 9:49pm On Nov 15, 2018
Jubril doesn't care. After all, he is not a Nigerian.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by tspunk(m): 9:56pm On Nov 15, 2018
ASUU pity the final year students na....haba....every time strike!! cryASUU pity the final year students na....haba....every time strike!!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by Sholaco: 9:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
Mumu Assu

4 Likes

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by Groovenaija360(m): 9:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
BUHARI is sick, he has ear and brain issues he doesn't hear and can't communicate well

E no even concern am

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
Thunder Strike both ASUU and federal government down

5 Likes

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by Dshocker(m): 9:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
I wish God will perish every living soul in government....I hate Nigeria with passion,because nothing seems to be working.

7 Likes

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by henrixx(m): 9:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
obi4eze:
Jubril doesn't care. After all, he is not a Nigerian.
una enh grin

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by Sholaco: 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2018
Ass-u sad

1 Like

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by martineverest(m): 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2018
ASUU:the most useless and self centered association ever

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by landmark86: 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2018
Na so the past useless government let me wasted 6month@ home doing nothing now this present government has started again.
And the useless ASUU too no dey consider students in their negotiation with government, na students go suffer everything @ the end.

Na God Almighty will strike you both (Govt. & ASUU)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by ogaontop(m): 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2018
What is ASUU?
Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by JOYOSITA(f): 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2018
I don tire
Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by Teeisaac(m): 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2018
Best striker.....ASUU

If ManU sign ASUU for January transfer window

I don win league

10 Likes

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by lormama: 10:01pm On Nov 15, 2018
Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by lonelydora: 10:01pm On Nov 15, 2018
In summary, Strike continues

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 15, 2018
No son of mine will attend a government university in Nigeria, Even if I have to work twice as hard, Just to send him to a private University or abroad where d lectures don't ALWAYS go on strike YEARLY. I will do whatever it takes with all my power.

I suffered, wasted one good year at naija university, my kids shall never face that kind of set back by the grace of God. Am currently even making money for them

Thunder fire Buhari, APC, ngige & double fire ASUU
useless, selfish, money eating termites

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by doshe39(m): 10:01pm On Nov 15, 2018
Poor education system.. I have never heard of foreign universities going on strike.. Nigeria education is totally a scam

3 Likes

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by Mannylex(m): 10:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
Final year students: Last card!!!

ASUU: Pick two

cheesy cheesy

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by Felixalex(m): 10:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
Federal government don turn Ronaldinho, dribbling the Union grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by Datdeltagirl(f): 10:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
Am sure this what they will be saying until next year

1 Like

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by akaahs(m): 10:03pm On Nov 15, 2018
Some of my books sef don dey gather dust
Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by StrawberryGloss(f): 10:05pm On Nov 15, 2018
I've got just one semester to go and I'm off the hook

1 Like

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by maleekfrenzy(m): 10:06pm On Nov 15, 2018
sad news
Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by chikachuks1(m): 10:08pm On Nov 15, 2018
Nice post though. Here's another related post on how to utilize this ASUU strike. Follow the link below to read it
https://infoducation.com/ASUU-strike/
Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by Commandoabdul(m): 10:09pm On Nov 15, 2018
My children will nt face these calamities........

1 Like

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by Nairalane: 10:09pm On Nov 15, 2018
Ope o
Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by itzprezy(m): 10:11pm On Nov 15, 2018
Wetin kukuma consign me for now ..we dey break, na till Jan 2 I will start to bother

6 Likes

Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by GIFTCHINEDU19(f): 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2018
ASUU why ���... schooling in nigeria is not an easy task
Re: ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government by KelB(m): 10:20pm On Nov 15, 2018
tspunk:
ASUU pity the final year students na....haba....every time strike!! cryASUU pity the final year students na....haba....every time strike!!
Na only final year students dey in sch

8 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNIMAID Lecturer Makes Students To Hold A Snake To Earn A Mark / Calabash, Used Sanitary Pads In Sokoto University Causes Panic (Photos) / What Lesson Does The Photo Pass Across?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.