Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,299 members, 7,826,188 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware (16277 Views)

Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa / Avoid This Android Phones With Malware Pre-installed In Them. / Ways Your Smartphone Is Violating Your Privacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by kingvectorv(m): 12:14am On Apr 23, 2017
SOURCE
Android malware is becoming harder to detect for the average smartphone user who pays little, if any, attention to security. Fortunately, most malware creators are not rocket scientists, and a user does not have to be a computer scientist to combat them.
Adding the following clues together could reveal the presence of malware on Your Andriod Smartphone:

1. Bad Battery Life
Android users who don’t perform a lot of battery straining activities have a good idea of how long their battery should last. Malware gives itself away when batteries mysteriously drain quicker than usual. That’s usually due to adware, spam-like malware that shows app users an inordinate amount of ads. Continuously displaying aggressive adware will impact heavily on battery life.
Whether the malware is hiding in plain sight by pretending to be a regular application or trying to stay hidden from the user, abnormal battery drainage can often give away the presence of an Android infection.

2. Dropped Calls And Disruptions
Mobile malware can affect ongoing or incoming calls. Dropped calls or strange disruptions during a conversation could indicate the existence of mobile malware that is interfering. But most at times our various service providers here in nigeria may be the cause, but if not then some strand of mobile malware could be the culprit. It is possible that someone or something is trying to eavesdrop on conversations or perform other suspicious activities.

3. Inordinately Large Phone Bills
Android malware often infects devices and starts sending SMS (text) messages to premium-rated numbers. While these effects are easily seen in your phone bill, not all malware programs are obviously greedy. They may send an SMS message just once a month to avoid suspicions, or they may uninstall themselves after punching a serious hole in your budget. Whether you use a monthly plan or a pay-as-you-go subscription, checking your bill should make it easy to figure out such message-sending malware has found its way onto a device.

4. Data Plan Spikes
Malware that smuggles data from your device to a third-party can often be detected by an examination of your data plan bill. Significant changes in your download or upload patterns could be a sign that someone or something has control over your device. Setting up data meter quotas might help figure out if a device has been compromised by data broadcasting malware. It will also help dodge high phone bills.

5. Clogged Performance
Depending on device hardware specifications, malware infestation may cause serious performance problems as it tries to read, write or broadcast data from your smartphone. Anybody that has ever had a PC infected with malware should be familiar with this. Imagine rebooting a device several times a day because background-running malware consumes too much processing power to let apps work properly. Performance clogging is yet another sign that malware might be present on your device. Checking RAM (Random Access Memory) use or CPU load could reveal the presence of malware that’s actively running on the device.

Stay Safe And Be Mindful
The Android versions most targeted by malware are the common ones – Gingerbread 2.3, Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0, Jelly Bean 4.1. Kitkat 4.2 Android users with these builds have an 88% chance of having their mobile phone infected with malware according to the Android Developer Dashboard.
In the event that you do find yourself with malware on your Android, there are a couple of options.
First, delete the offending app. Even if the app is deleted, malware may still linger. You may have to completely reset your smartphone by going into the settings menu and peforming a “factory reset,” which will clear the memory of the device.
A variety of paid and free security apps are available in the Google Play Android app store to help prevent apps from doing bad things. If you use your Android smartphone for business, your IT department likely has security solutions to help you purge any malware.
In general, it is wise to scrutinize each and every permission an Android app asks for – many apps ask for invasive permissions when they don’t need them. Even apps packed with aggressive adware have a knack for collecting more data than they would ordinarily need to perform adequately. Be sure to read your permissions before clicking “accept.”

http://www.yukhub.com/350/5-signs-that-shows-your-android-smartphone-is-infected-with-malware

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by kingvectorv(m): 6:14am On Apr 24, 2017
Cc Mynd44, lalaticlala

More Smartphone Tips: http://www.yukhub.com/phones
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by thereturnoflucy(m): 7:07am On Apr 24, 2017
This is really helpful....

Checkout the link below to download the latest version of GBWhatsApp (V5.50)....now you can use two Whatsapp on one phone

http://fabinfos.com/gb-whatsapp-v5-50-latest-version-apk-file-free-download-for-android-2017-2/

3 Likes

Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Arewa12: 7:12am On Apr 24, 2017
Hmmm nyc post @ OP
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Tazdroid(m): 7:14am On Apr 24, 2017
Chai op, no be phone doctor u b? Wey u for just put "signs, symptoms and miracles treatment" , the whole package

Chai

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by MrBONE2(m): 7:14am On Apr 24, 2017
What about MALFUNCTION?
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by helphelp: 7:14am On Apr 24, 2017
MODs doing a great job this morning...

They need to know the kind of stories that befits Monday mornings..
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by winkmart: 7:14am On Apr 24, 2017
nice one
. sell ur BTC to me Nahhh
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Timiblanko(m): 7:16am On Apr 24, 2017
Malware very danderous, hackers are bad o
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Iamwrath: 7:19am On Apr 24, 2017
So itt's ordinary malware ?

It's nothing joor

In other news , can someone please tell me where and how much it'll cost to fix a Camon C9's screen , got mine broken the other day
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by lawrenzi(m): 7:20am On Apr 24, 2017
Ok. Thank yoU
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Lastpharoah33: 7:22am On Apr 24, 2017
This shit made me sell my dream phone off, at a stage it was just so irritating that you can't even surf the Web smoothly with it... Miss you tecno m3
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by paradigmshift(m): 7:26am On Apr 24, 2017
recycled matter.
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by JuanJO(m): 7:27am On Apr 24, 2017
in that case my phone is affected
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Bondesniger(m): 7:30am On Apr 24, 2017
Observation correct
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by olatpic(m): 7:52am On Apr 24, 2017
Nice post
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 24, 2017
Currently running a compiled custom ROM based on foma cm14.1 and running over 200 apps in an over clocked CPU.

So far none of these signs
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by luveu: 7:54am On Apr 24, 2017
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by kingvectorv(m): 8:03am On Apr 24, 2017
luveu:
op how about reseting my phone, will data or messages on my whatsApp still b intact?
When you do the factory reset it clears everything and makes the phone like a new one
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by aralomo1(m): 8:07am On Apr 24, 2017
Very informative
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 24, 2017
monkey test and adobeair show me pepper thank God I've overcome!
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Achillesdam500(m): 8:21am On Apr 24, 2017
Please who can recommend an app to get rid of malware on my phone
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by ITbomb(m): 8:46am On Apr 24, 2017
Achillesdam500:
Do you know the source of the malware?
How did it enter
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by kingvectorv(m): 8:58am On Apr 24, 2017
Achillesdam500:
There are no andriod app to get rid of malware only apps to prevent your phones from malware
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by McCarlito(m): 9:05am On Apr 24, 2017
Google Play Store always pops up randomly and it's crazy to me how do I permanently put it to a stop
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by malware: 9:26am On Apr 24, 2017
Timiblanko:
Malware very danderous, hackers are bad o

I am not that dangerous Bro.

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 24, 2017
how do I remove aware that came with the app.
I downloaded TouchPal keyboard and it keeps showing this bingo/jackpot ads on my phone screen
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Franky826: 9:42am On Apr 24, 2017
danjumakolo:
Currently running a compiled custom ROM based on foma cm14.1 and running over 200 apps in an over clocked CPU.

So far none of these signs

badt guy!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtn Dstv Mobile / Promo: MTN Now Giving Out Free Internet Access To All Their Subscribers / How To Use Whatsapp For Free And Extend Its Trial Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.