Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,089 members, 7,852,691 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:32 AM

5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware (16288 Views)

Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa / Avoid This Android Phones With Malware Pre-installed In Them. / Ways Your Smartphone Is Violating Your Privacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Timiblanko(m): 9:45am On Apr 24, 2017
malware:

I am not that dangerous Bro.

If i hear,shey no be you dey chop meg,airtime and battery
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Funkybabee(f): 9:49am On Apr 24, 2017
kingvectorv:
SOURCE
Android malware is becoming harder to detect for the average smartphone user who pays little, if any, attention to security. Fortunately, most malware creators are not rocket scientists, and a user does not have to be a computer scientist to combat them.
Adding the following clues together could reveal the presence of malware on Your Andriod Smartphone:

1. Bad Battery Life
Android users who don’t perform a lot of battery straining activities have a good idea of how long their battery should last. Malware gives itself away when batteries mysteriously drain quicker than usual. That’s usually due to adware, spam-like malware that shows app users an inordinate amount of ads. Continuously displaying aggressive adware will impact heavily on battery life.
Whether the malware is hiding in plain sight by pretending to be a regular application or trying to stay hidden from the user, abnormal battery drainage can often give away the presence of an Android infection.

2. Dropped Calls And Disruptions
Mobile malware can affect ongoing or incoming calls. Dropped calls or strange disruptions during a conversation could indicate the existence of mobile malware that is interfering. But most at times our various service providers here in nigeria may be the cause, but if not then some strand of mobile malware could be the culprit. It is possible that someone or something is trying to eavesdrop on conversations or perform other suspicious activities.

3. Inordinately Large Phone Bills
Android malware often infects devices and starts sending SMS (text) messages to premium-rated numbers. While these effects are easily seen in your phone bill, not all malware programs are obviously greedy. They may send an SMS message just once a month to avoid suspicions, or they may uninstall themselves after punching a serious hole in your budget. Whether you use a monthly plan or a pay-as-you-go subscription, checking your bill should make it easy to figure out such message-sending malware has found its way onto a device.

4. Data Plan Spikes
Malware that smuggles data from your device to a third-party can often be detected by an examination of your data plan bill. Significant changes in your download or upload patterns could be a sign that someone or something has control over your device. Setting up data meter quotas might help figure out if a device has been compromised by data broadcasting malware. It will also help dodge high phone bills.

5. Clogged Performance
Depending on device hardware specifications, malware infestation may cause serious performance problems as it tries to read, write or broadcast data from your smartphone. Anybody that has ever had a PC infected with malware should be familiar with this. Imagine rebooting a device several times a day because background-running malware consumes too much processing power to let apps work properly. Performance clogging is yet another sign that malware might be present on your device. Checking RAM (Random Access Memory) use or CPU load could reveal the presence of malware that’s actively running on the device.

Stay Safe And Be Mindful
The Android versions most targeted by malware are the common ones – Gingerbread 2.3, Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0, Jelly Bean 4.1. Kitkat 4.2 Android users with these builds have an 88% chance of having their mobile phone infected with malware according to the Android Developer Dashboard.
In the event that you do find yourself with malware on your Android, there are a couple of options.
First, delete the offending app. Even if the app is deleted, malware may still linger. You may have to completely reset your smartphone by going into the settings menu and peforming a “factory reset,” which will clear the memory of the device.
A variety of paid and free security apps are available in the Google Play Android app store to help prevent apps from doing bad things. If you use your Android smartphone for business, your IT department likely has security solutions to help you purge any malware.
In general, it is wise to scrutinize each and every permission an Android app asks for – many apps ask for invasive permissions when they don’t need them. Even apps packed with aggressive adware have a knack for collecting more data than they would ordinarily need to perform adequately. Be sure to read your permissions before clicking “accept.”

http://www.yukhub.com/350/5-signs-that-shows-your-android-smartphone-is-infected-with-malware

pls my phone usually open app for itself whenever am browsing the wahala too much especially uc browser, it will keep pop on whenever am chating or browsing like this what can I do
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Franky826: 9:59am On Apr 24, 2017
careytommy7:
how do I remove aware that came with the app.
I downloaded TouchPal keyboard and it keeps showing this bingo/jackpot ads on my phone screen

uninstall the keyboard and download better ones from playstore.

i'd recommend Xperia keyboard or Gboard(from Google)

secondly install an adblock program from xda-developersdotcom

like adguard, adclear, or blokada and get rid of annoying ads.

if your phone is rooted you can use adaway.

cc funkybabee
cc mcCarlito

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by malware: 10:01am On Apr 24, 2017
Timiblanko:

If i hear,shey no be you dey chop meg,airtime and battery

Lolz
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Funkybabee(f): 10:07am On Apr 24, 2017
Franky826:

cc funkybabee cc mcCarlito

thank u
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by kingvectorv(m): 10:13am On Apr 24, 2017
Funkybabee:

pls my phone usually open app for itself whenever am browsing the wahala too much especially uc browser, it will keep pop on whenever am chating or browsing like this what can I do
Thats a sign of malware on your phone.. First try to see if you can find the app that you think is the suspect of the problem and unintall it, if the problem still persist you have to run a factory reset or reinstall you OS
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Barzinime(m): 10:18am On Apr 24, 2017
Op nice 1
Came exactly when I needed it
Phone started misbehaving since yesterday
kingvectorv:
SOURCE
Android malware is becoming harder to detect for the average smartphone user who pays little, if any, attention to security. Fortunately, most malware creators are not rocket scientists, and a user does not have to be a computer scientist to combat them.
Adding the following clues together could reveal the presence of malware on Your Andriod Smartphone:

1. Bad Battery Life
Android users who don’t perform a lot of battery straining activities have a good idea of how long their battery should last. Malware gives itself away when batteries mysteriously drain quicker than usual. That’s usually due to adware, spam-like malware that shows app users an inordinate amount of ads. Continuously displaying aggressive adware will impact heavily on battery life.
Whether the malware is hiding in plain sight by pretending to be a regular application or trying to stay hidden from the user, abnormal battery drainage can often give away the presence of an Android infection.

2. Dropped Calls And Disruptions
Mobile malware can affect ongoing or incoming calls. Dropped calls or strange disruptions during a conversation could indicate the existence of mobile malware that is interfering. But most at times our various service providers here in nigeria may be the cause, but if not then some strand of mobile malware could be the culprit. It is possible that someone or something is trying to eavesdrop on conversations or perform other suspicious activities.

3. Inordinately Large Phone Bills
Android malware often infects devices and starts sending SMS (text) messages to premium-rated numbers. While these effects are easily seen in your phone bill, not all malware programs are obviously greedy. They may send an SMS message just once a month to avoid suspicions, or they may uninstall themselves after punching a serious hole in your budget. Whether you use a monthly plan or a pay-as-you-go subscription, checking your bill should make it easy to figure out such message-sending malware has found its way onto a device.

4. Data Plan Spikes
Malware that smuggles data from your device to a third-party can often be detected by an examination of your data plan bill. Significant changes in your download or upload patterns could be a sign that someone or something has control over your device. Setting up data meter quotas might help figure out if a device has been compromised by data broadcasting malware. It will also help dodge high phone bills.

5. Clogged Performance
Depending on device hardware specifications, malware infestation may cause serious performance problems as it tries to read, write or broadcast data from your smartphone. Anybody that has ever had a PC infected with malware should be familiar with this. Imagine rebooting a device several times a day because background-running malware consumes too much processing power to let apps work properly. Performance clogging is yet another sign that malware might be present on your device. Checking RAM (Random Access Memory) use or CPU load could reveal the presence of malware that’s actively running on the device.

Stay Safe And Be Mindful
The Android versions most targeted by malware are the common ones – Gingerbread 2.3, Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0, Jelly Bean 4.1. Kitkat 4.2 Android users with these builds have an 88% chance of having their mobile phone infected with malware according to the Android Developer Dashboard.
In the event that you do find yourself with malware on your Android, there are a couple of options.
First, delete the offending app. Even if the app is deleted, malware may still linger. You may have to completely reset your smartphone by going into the settings menu and peforming a “factory reset,” which will clear the memory of the device.
A variety of paid and free security apps are available in the Google Play Android app store to help prevent apps from doing bad things. If you use your Android smartphone for business, your IT department likely has security solutions to help you purge any malware.
In general, it is wise to scrutinize each and every permission an Android app asks for – many apps ask for invasive permissions when they don’t need them. Even apps packed with aggressive adware have a knack for collecting more data than they would ordinarily need to perform adequately. Be sure to read your permissions before clicking “accept.”

http://www.yukhub.com/350/5-signs-that-shows-your-android-smartphone-is-infected-with-malware
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by kingvectorv(m): 10:22am On Apr 24, 2017
Barzinime:
Op nice 1 Came exactly when I needed it Phone started misbehaving since yesterday
As in What way
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Barzinime(m): 10:37am On Apr 24, 2017
Send SMS on its own & touch not responding well until I updated my antivirus & did a full scan
kingvectorv:
As in What way
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 24, 2017
Franky826:

cc funkybabee
cc mcCarlito

Thanks
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by kingvectorv(m): 10:40am On Apr 24, 2017
Barzinime:
Send SMS on its own & touch not responding well until I updated my antivirus & did a full scan
Use your antivirus to find the app involve and uninstall the app
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Barzinime(m): 11:34am On Apr 24, 2017
Ok Thanks
kingvectorv:

Use your antivirus to find the app involve and uninstall the app
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by Achillesdam500(m): 8:49pm On Apr 24, 2017
kingvectorv:

There are no andriod app to get rid of malware only apps to prevent your phones from malware
Please I need your recommendations
Re: 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware by kingvectorv(m): 12:30am On Apr 25, 2017
Achillesdam500:

Please I need your recommendations
Try Nortons, AVG or McAfee these are the best antivirus for android

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction / Get Free 500MB Data For All Mtn Subscribers, Activate Yours Now, 2018. / Mtn Dstv Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.