Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,181 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? (17959 Views)

Christian Men Can Marry More Than One Wife, No Bible Verse Is Against Polygamy – / Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by snowden9(m): 12:16pm On May 07, 2017
Joshua 13:1
This verse reminds me that I've not reached my target in life.There's still much more that needs to be done.
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by hardbody: 12:17pm On May 07, 2017
Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm......

Even when they are glaringly scamming you
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by redsun(m): 12:25pm On May 07, 2017
The truth shall set you wholly free.
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by walosky(m): 12:30pm On May 07, 2017
slowice:
Drink wine for your stomach sake... I no no the verse bt lol like to quote am.....
some where in 1st Timothy

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Mcreloaded(m): 12:40pm On May 07, 2017
Psalm 91
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by onitshaman: 12:42pm On May 07, 2017
Nwodosis:
That of paying tithe is the most quoted!
come,nwodossis abi nwaobosi,wetin dey worry U?
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Nicho118(m): 12:49pm On May 07, 2017
should be either John 3:16 or Psalm 23
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by blacktallest(f): 12:54pm On May 07, 2017
Ecc. Chapter 3.
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by basty: 1:06pm On May 07, 2017
I shall not die but live PS 118:17
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Slurity(m): 1:21pm On May 07, 2017
Nwodosis:
quote it if you think its most quoted
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by oruma19: 1:50pm On May 07, 2017
MurderX:
I think it used to be John 3:16 but now I think its between Psalm 23 and the one that says "No weapon fashioned against me shall prosper". Its gone from love to warfare.
u are right, it's now about tithing and kill Ur enemies....lolz... Mal 3:10, exodus 22:18
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by oruma19: 1:52pm On May 07, 2017
I am tired of going to church. Not been to that place for 3 weeks now cos they don't have message to preach. All we hear is motivational talks which can easily be gotten online from Robert kiyosaki and Donald Trump.. lolxz. We are experiencing serious scarcity of the word of God. We don't hear of rapture, heaven, hell, sanctification, holy ghost baptism, evangelism, Trinity, great tribulation, Christ's millennial reign, restitution, holy living, etc. Now all we hear is pay Ur tithe, u cannot prosper without tithe etc. If we acquire all the wealth and material tinz of this world, it means the pastors are lying to us abt heaven. They don't care abt heaven again because they are not sure there's a heaven. It is the truth I am saying. The only 1% that are still consistent in preaching the truth are pple like W.F Kumuyi and Gbile Akanni and a few others. We need God in Africa cause we don't know Him.

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Glocee(f): 2:00pm On May 07, 2017
7Alexander:
I don't know the verse, but I think its the part of Psalm that reads 'we shall trample upon lions and serpents, and no harm shall befall us'
Luke 10:19
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by NeilsBohrman: 2:11pm On May 07, 2017
Jesus the same yesterday today and tomorrow
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by dacanv(m): 2:19pm On May 07, 2017
He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world cheesy
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by mexxmoney: 2:20pm On May 07, 2017
John 3:16
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by TheLawTheLegal: 2:28pm On May 07, 2017
Touch not my annointed...
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Okbaba: 2:43pm On May 07, 2017
If na verse you dey talk about then ego be that verse when dey say "surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my live" for Psalm 27
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by salt1: 4:36pm On May 07, 2017
oruma19:
I am tired of going to church. Not been to that place for 3 weeks now cos they don't have message to preach. All we hear is motivational talks which can easily be gotten online from Robert kiyosaki and Donald Trump.. lolxz. We are experiencing serious scarcity of the word of God. We don't hear of rapture, heaven, hell, sanctification, holy ghost baptism, evangelism, Trinity, great tribulation, Christ's millennial reign, restitution, holy living, etc. Now all we hear is pay Ur tithe, u cannot prosper without tithe etc. If we acquire all the wealth and material tinz of this world, it means the pastors are lying to us abt heaven. They don't care abt heaven again because they are not sure there's a heaven. It is the truth I am saying. The only 1% that are still consistent in preaching the truth are pple like W.F Kumuyi and Gbile Akanni and a few others. We need God in Africa cause we don't know Him.

If you want to hear the old fashioned Gospel of salvation, holiness and righteousness, go to Apostolic Faith Church at Anthony Village Lagos. They teach and preach salvation, sanctification, holy Ghost baptism, restitution, eternal heaven and hell, millennial reign, no divorce and remarriage etc

No collection plates are passed. No donations.
Just the pure undiluted word of God preached to those who genuinely want to make heaven

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by kagari: 4:53pm On May 07, 2017
7Alexander:
I don't know the verse, but I think its the part of Psalm that reads 'we shall trample upon lions and serpents, and no harm shall befall us'
psalm 91
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by oruma19: 5:54pm On May 07, 2017
salt1:

If you want to hear the old fashioned Gospel of salvation, holiness and righteousness, go to Apostolic Faith Church at Anthony Village Lagos. They teach and preach salvation, sanctification, holy Ghost baptism, restitution, eternal heaven and hell, millennial reign, no divorce and remarriage etc

No collection plates are passed. No donations.
Just the pure undiluted word of God preached to those who genuinely want to make heaven
tnx man. I appreciate.
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Davijunson: 7:25pm On May 07, 2017
it's Definitely Ps 23:6
"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the presence of the Lord, forever and ever.

and

2corinthians 13:14

"The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Love of God and the Communion of the Holy Spirit be you" Amen.

Every Christian in the World knows these two verses and say them almost after every prayer.
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Johnsinia(m): 12:45am On May 08, 2017
I knew is John 3:16 when I saw this post. Every child, parent and non Christain and in fact, the whole world know the verse
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by MurderX: 1:26pm On May 14, 2017
oruma19:
Welcome to the club. Havent stepped in any church for over 4yrs and I am doing so so better emotional, socailly, financially and otherwise. God has been so good infact excellent. I should have left earlier. I feel sorry for the mental slaves.

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by ArcToyin(m): 11:21am On May 25, 2017
Nwodosis:
hahhahahha. too funny
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by ArcToyin(m): 11:24am On May 25, 2017
7Alexander:
PS 91

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by orisa37: 3:42pm On May 25, 2017
davodyguy:
I'm wondering the biblical verse that is the most quoted by people(Religious and non religious)

We sometimes quote the Bible to suit our purpose, not necessarily because we really mean to or understand the message therein.

Is it Matthew 7:7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Or
Luke 6:38 ►Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Or
John 11:35 ►Jesus wept.

Or
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

I am coming soon.
Re: Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? by Flozyflow22(f): 11:51pm On May 25, 2017
[/quote][quote author=naijafold post=56286592]Mathew 7:7 Read: Nigerian Air Force Recruitment Exercise for 2017 Apply No w
God will fight for me and I shall hold my peace; exodus14;14 am new here ooooooo am I welcome?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kumuyi: Agitations Will End If Government Addresses Injustice / Back From The Dead: 300 Years Old Body Of A Saint Girl Opens Eyes. / Gen. Buhari Meets With The Archbishop Of Canterbury (Photo News)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.