Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:40 AM

The Mightiness Of God’s Name - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mightiness Of God’s Name (18086 Views)

Dr. John Hagee: Women Who Call God’s Name During Sex Should Be Jailed / Pastor Picks On Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex / Vatican Bans Use Of God's Name! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mightiness Of God’s Name by rccgamg: 11:33pm On Jul 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-FaBLh9dHQ

Exo 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."
Exo 3:15 "And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Today we are looking at the Mightiness behind the God’s Name. We have been looking at Our God Mightiness in different areas and we want to examine today on how mighty is his name.
Our text today in Exo 3:14 tell us how God announces himself.

What is in A Name: A name is what uniquely identifies someone. If I say for example who is Peter among a group of workers in RCCG amazing grace you will all point to me. If they are several people with the name Peter you may ask which of the peter you are referring to. In other words a name also explains the position someone occupies or perhaps the status of an individual. If I ask who GoodLuck Jonathan is, you may also chorus and say the President of Nigeria.

Same also is the Name of God. The Name of God identifies who God is and also says the power God Commands and the position he occupies.

The Name Of The Almighty
1. His name is exalted because he Himself is exalted. Php 2:9 - 10

2. His name Can bring Terror to your enemies. Gen 35:5, Jos 2:9- 12, Isa 10:33

3. His Mighty Name Brings Protection and Deliverance. 1Ch 16:20-22

4. His Name is the Beginning and the Ending of All things. Rev 22:13 Rev 21:6 Rev 1:11 Rev 1:8

www.facebook.com/rccg.amz

21 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by jayseehe(m): 8:01am On Jul 20, 2014
funny enough, many Christians don't know his name, including OP
his name is Yahweh
he said thou shall not call my name in vain, that's why his name is hardly used, to avoid calling it in vain

BTW, FTC

11 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:02am On Jul 20, 2014
The God Almighty, Omnicompetent, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnifarious,
The lily of the valley, The All sufficient One, The Beginning and The Ending, I am that I am, The Alpha & Omega, Lord of lords,
The First & The Last, Rock of Ages, The prince of peace, Adonai,
The maker of heaven & earth, King of kings, Jehova Nissi, Jehova Elohim,
Jehova Shamah, The Unchangeable Changer, HE the Same Yesterday, Today & Forever, Mighty Man In Battle, Elshadi.....e.t.c

I Refrence Your Majesty Lord!

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by emmabest2000(m): 8:02am On Jul 20, 2014
Mighty Man In Battle

5 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 20, 2014
Bullshít.

4 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Kalvan: 8:03am On Jul 20, 2014
Hmmm.

This thread has changed my life. Such meaningful arguments and contributions.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Kalvan: 8:04am On Jul 20, 2014
J12: Bullshít.

grin

1 Like

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:05am On Jul 20, 2014
Sunday Rice!
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by SOLMICHAEL(m): 8:07am On Jul 20, 2014
He is the Alpha and Omega!!!

8 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by jayseehe(m): 8:07am On Jul 20, 2014
Kalvan: Hmmm.

This thread has changed my life. Such meaningful arguments and contributions.

3 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Chibuke56: 8:10am On Jul 20, 2014
Our very present help in time of need . Good morning and happy sunday everi1

2 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 20, 2014
My God doesn't have a particular name. Because, he is Yahweh Sabahoth! Yahweh Nissi! El-Shaddai! Elohim! Adonai! The Mighty Redeemer! The Unchangeable Changer! Omnipresent and Omniscient! The divider of the Red sea! The Flame that never dies! My Problem Solver! My teacher! My First Love! The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! The Pronouncer of Good things! The Speech Maker! The Devil's Cure! The beginning and the end! The wonderful Creator! The Marvelous God! The king above all kings! The Perfect One! The Lover of my Soul! The Glorious One! Agidi Nwoke! Olohun to ju Olohun lo! Oluuuwwwwa! Chai, His names are numerous.

19 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Mcowubaba: 8:11am On Jul 20, 2014
He is the King of Kings, Excellent Father, Wonderful Saviour, simply the BEST!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by GodMode: 8:11am On Jul 20, 2014
There is no God.. The sooner people realise there is no God the better it will be.

Look at the difference between religious countries and non-religious countries.

There is no God but there is a Creator.

The Creator does not see itself as a God.

People are still gonna give free money and parts of their income today in religious institutions today.

This is my opinion... you don't have to curse me.

8 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Btruth: 8:11am On Jul 20, 2014
Kiniun eya Juda!

3 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Mcowubaba: 8:12am On Jul 20, 2014
Ur life is bullshit without Christ....repent nd be Saved..!!!

21 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by maximunimpact(m): 8:14am On Jul 20, 2014
@op in all u said about God's name, u didn't even mention His name? His name is Yaweh or Jehovah! If u 4get 2 mention d most important aspect of ur Subject den what xatky do u knw about God? SMH
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by grandstar(m): 8:14am On Jul 20, 2014
The blind leading the blind. I AM WHO I AM means nothing. king james version translated it wrongly.also the poster above me said something important.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Kalvan: 8:15am On Jul 20, 2014
jayseehe:

I am Zyzz brah. I am the most relevant artist of our time. I am Warhol, I am the most impactful artist of our generation. I am Shakespeare in the fresh. Walt Disney! Nike! Google!
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by damosky12(m): 8:15am On Jul 20, 2014
GOD is not a being our senses can comprehend. So, HIS names can not be summed up into an entity. He is all that the word of God says HE is. HE is GOD. I call HIM 'FATHER' .

5 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Pabloairmar(m): 8:15am On Jul 20, 2014
el-shadia

2 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 20, 2014
This kind of thread is what makes one picks bible and runs to church

4 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by fixa(m): 8:16am On Jul 20, 2014
The name of the LORD is like a strong tower,the righteous runs to it and are saved.

5 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by J3da: 8:17am On Jul 20, 2014
He is Olorime, Oro wome, Ogbagidigidi, Wo te mu, woruemu, He is my Oghene o wegba...
My Igbunu... You alone Oghene wil I serve for the rest of my life. Mi yeruwe Doh smiley

4 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 20, 2014
Let the battle begin!

1 Like

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by fixa(m): 8:17am On Jul 20, 2014
be careful.
He is indeed mighty.

4 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by technophile(m): 8:18am On Jul 20, 2014
No need to go to church 2day!
e-church rocks!

@Op, give us an Account Number so that we can pay our tithes and offering online via Paga or PayPal.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Ptoocool(m): 8:19am On Jul 20, 2014
That Man called God is just my ALL..

3 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by kolawoleahmed(m): 8:21am On Jul 20, 2014
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 20, 2014
the picture in that video is no other person but cardinal Cesare Borgia. christians fail to realize that the images they have in their churches and homes are portraits of cardinal Cesare Borgia.
take another look at the picture of jesus you have and observe the finger signs/symbols. ... the truth shall set you free.

1 Like

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Ptoocool(m): 8:22am On Jul 20, 2014
technophile: No need to go to church 2day!
e-church rocks!

JES.... Is incomplete without US
CH...RCH is incomplete without U
Be @ d service 2day bro..miracle awaits U dia...

Say NO to e-service..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body / 8 Groups Of People Bound For Hell / Happy Birthday To God's General - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.