Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,093 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist (28225 Views)

Charges Against Sowore Confirms Buhari Govt. Unprecedented Level Of Paranoia / The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari - An Economist / Giant Tilapias, Huge Cows, Rice Pyramid & Others Shown To Osinbajo In Kebbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by alabiyemmy(m): 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2017
Adminisher:

70% of Nigerians know they have NOT made a mistake.
Nigerians know the problem of Nigeria is CORRUPTION.
Buhari is the only member of the elite class who has called it out and is tackling it . Before now it was the lot of social crusaders and activists.
Now you are having 'adult governance' where corporate citizens like MTN and Shell are compelled to face the law.

Who els could have shown the guts to take hard decisions like this?... Atiku?, El Rufai?, Jonathan?
None.

Keep deceiving yourself sir.

3 Likes

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by 5oyad: 3:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
Adminisher:

Buhari is the only member of the elite class who has called it out and is tackling it . Before now it was the lot of social crusaders and activists.
Now you are having 'adult governance' where corporate citizens like MTN and Shell are compelled to face the law.

Who els could have shown the guts to take hard decisions like this?... Atiku?, El Rufai?, Jonathan?
None.

How is he tackling it? By preserving the same loopholes that allowed the corruption happen in the first place

3 Likes

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by MARKETfund: 3:51pm On Apr 24, 2017
konfused:
The one major issue with Buhari is that he has this whole wrong notion that he and him alone has the answer to the myriad of Nigeria's problems.

This attitude of "everyone is corrupt and bad except my holy self".

He was so hyped before 2015 that he began to see himself as the only messiah Nigeria needs, only to get to Aso rock to discover na obughi otu aki ilu si ada ka osi ato ( the bitter kola tastes different from the crunchy way it sounds when chewed)

Nna gi muru gi grin
And the translation - dope

3 Likes

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by deomello: 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2017
dragonking3:
I hope you are okay. That magazine was in the year 2000 so stop acting silly. Even obj has warned Buhari then that if he tried to expose him, he will let everyone know what Buhari did during his time in PTF. Google is your friend

You posted ordinary picture and nothing more so exactly what are you trying to sell or what do you wan't us to debate? Ordinary picture?

Why bother if you can not show us the actual story?

But let me show you real story and what came out of OBJ's constituted inquiry.

In 1977, the military head of state, Lt. Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo, set up a crude oil sales tribunal to investigate the operations of the Nigerian National Oil Company (NNOC, which metamorphosed into NNPC same year).

The tribunal found out that in three years, NNOC had failed to collect its equity share of oil produced by Shell, Mobil and Gulf.

As a joint venture partner, NNOC was entitled to 182.95 million barrels of oil production. But NNOC did not find buyers for its own share, thereby losing a potential income of $2.8 billion.

But it was instead reported by the media that $2.8 billion was missing.

https://www.thecable.ng/nnpc-asks-buhari-2-8bn-oil-money-truly-missing-petroleum-minister

^^^^

That's the real and credible story, not the fake and empty internet picture you are peddling as facts.

1 Like

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by deomello: 3:53pm On Apr 24, 2017
[s]
shedy03:

yeah, you just another sentimental Nigerian.
but this article is dope, it expresses what 90% of Nigerians current state of minds.
[/s]

It's a fake ipob article with bogus link and there is no such thing as Nigerian economist.
Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
another faceless website
Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by Reference(m): 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
Nigerians should please continue to exercise patience and effect their desired changes only through the ballot at the polls. We cannot afford another regime of political instability. A bad choice is better than a lacuna.
Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by Saintp(m): 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
deomello:

You said he did not, but he did.

You can go on and on about the location, google map and GPS of his assets, that's all semantics and straw grasping, fact remains that he declared his assets.

He did not, that is not how to declare your assets if you want to be truthful. He promised to make the real declaration after it has been verified by the body in charge. The verification has been completed and he tactically shunned making it public because he does not want Nigerians to know his worth.

Make no mistake, his assets declaration is not my business and does not in any way surprise me. After all, I see all Nigerian politicians from the President to the local govt chairmen as criminals and that is what they are including PMB. I pity you all who have taken sides with these criminals instead of speaking the truth because at the end, they win and you lose. **That Nigerian politician I will defend has not yet been born. **

4 Likes

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by deomello: 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2017
oyb:
another faceless website

It's a fake ipob rubbish with bogus link.

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by Reference(m): 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2017
Adminisher:

None.

No sir, that is not how ot works. MTN, Shell and co. are not answerable to any President. They are answerable to a set of laws, rules and regulations that institutions uphold no matter who the President is. Democracy respects the fact that President's come and go, governments change but nations should hold a steady progressive course. I don't care how loud a dog barks as long as it does not last till day break. If Buhari by 2019 cannot institutionalise government policies and programs then he is no better than the Atiku or whoever and judging by the experiences of 1983 to 85, this is highly unlikely going to happen. I will even hazard a guess that corruption will escalate post 2019 because of the shoddy manner the malaise is handled.

4 Likes

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by deomello: 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2017
[s]
Saintp:

He did not, that is not how to declare your assets if you want to be truthful. He promised to make the real declaration after it has been verified by the body in charge. The verification has been completed and he tactically shunned making it public because he does not want Nigerians to know his worth.

Make no mistake, his assets declaration is not my business and does not in any way surprise me. After all, I see all Nigerian politicians from the President to the local govt chairmen as criminals and that is what they are including PMB. I pity you all who have taken sides with these criminals instead of speaking the truth because at the end, they win and you lose. **That Nigerian politician I will defend has not yet been born. **
[/s]

Did he declared his assets, YES OR NO? YES he did.

Assets declaration is not your business, but you are here on the internet killing yourself over the same assets declaration.

Are you bipolar or just confused.
Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by freshdill(m): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2017
coruso:
funny how you do your judgement. How many persons have been convicted for "corruption". All what we hear is so and so stole 2billion . the same sorry keeps resurfacing any time Nigerian what to talk about the economy. Do you know that last time inflation was this high? 30+years ago.
coruso:
funny how you do your judgement. How many persons have been convicted for "corruption". All what we hear is so and so stole 2billion . the same sorry keeps resurfacing any time Nigerian what to talk about the economy. Do you know that last time inflation was this high? 30+years ago. [/b]and guess who was in-charge then?

FIXED

1 Like

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by dragonking3: 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
deomello:

You posted ordinary picture and nothing more so exactly what are you trying to sell or what do you wan't us to debate? Ordinary picture?

Why bother if you can not show us the actual story?

But let me show you real story and what came out of OBJ's constituted inquiry.

^^^^

That's the real and credible story, not the fake and empty internet picture you are peddling as facts.

I hope you remember when Buhari just entered, his initial plan was to probe from obj era downwards. Obj warned him that Buhari himself isn't clean especially in PTF and he will expose him. Hence Buhari changed gear and decided to prove from only GEJ. Ask yourself why the sudden u turn? What was he afraid of?

https://www.nairaland.com/2486128/leaked-why-buhari-personally-apologized

http://republicreporters.com/buhari-probe-me-and-see-nigeria-explode-obj-tells-buhari-drss/

http://m.guardian.ng/lead-story/probe-obasanjo-atiku-tinubu-others-lp-urges-buhari/

http://punchng.com/probe-obasanjos-administration-waku-tells-buhari/

Buhari the criminal knew that probing obj will be doom for him hence he backtracked and avoided probing from obj tenure because obj will expose him as a real crook.

3 Likes

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by deomello: 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2017
[s]
dragonking3:
I hope you remember when Buhari just entered, his initial plan was to probe from obj era downwards. Obj warned him that Buhari himself isn't clean especially in PTF and he will expose him. Hence Buhari changed gear and decided to prove from only GEJ. Ask yourself why the sudden u turn? What was he afraid of?

https://www.nairaland.com/2486128/leaked-why-buhari-personally-apologized

http://republicreporters.com/buhari-probe-me-and-see-nigeria-explode-obj-tells-buhari-drss/

http://m.guardian.ng/lead-story/probe-obasanjo-atiku-tinubu-others-lp-urges-buhari/

http://punchng.com/probe-obasanjos-administration-waku-tells-buhari/

Buhari the criminal knew that probing obj will be doom for him hence he backtracked and avoided probing from obj tenure because obj will expose him as a real crook.
[/s]

Internet ramblings by other people doesn't constitute anything.
Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by elmisti(m): 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

It seems your village people are responsible for your woes. If you cannot see the truth, then it's obvious something is amiss.

for every one project u can mention in the south east done by GEJ, i will mention three in the North.......even a blind man saw jonathan was doing everything to please the north

2 Likes

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by Saintp(m): 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2017
deomello:
[s][/s]

Did he declared his assets, YES OR NO? YES he did.

Assets declaration is not your business, but you are here on the internet killing yourself over the same assets declaration.

Are you bipolar or just confused.

Hahahahahahahahaha. Bros, go and meet your rivals a. k. a Wailers and do your normal e-fights over politicians. I'm not on your level ooo. BTW, the person I addressed kept quiet but you come carry the matter for ya head, na you be Zahra husband or BMC secretary? Lol, una no go Kee mi.

2 Likes

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by deomello: 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2017
[s]
Saintp:

Hahahahahahahahaha. Bros, go and meet your rivals a. k. a Wailers and do your normal e-fights over politicians. I'm not on your level ooo. BTW, the person I addressed kept quiet but you come carry the matter for ya head, na you be Zahra husband or BMC secretary? Lol, una no go Kee mi.
[/s]

Typical unintelligent ipoob default.

1 Like

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by Sanchez01: 4:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
elmisti:

for every one project u can mention in the south east done by GEJ, i will mention three in the North.......even a blind man saw jonathan was doing everything to please the north
Perhaps you are new in Nigeria. I wouldn't mind still, explaining how Jonathan operated;

1. He wooed the SE with top positions and and sidelined other regions, mostly the North.
GEJ Appointments in the past 5+yrs the north never cried out because it is not in their nature.
The list amongst others goes thus:
1. NIMET – Dr. Anthony Anuforom
2. NNPC – Eng. Andrew Yakubu
3. NIMASA – Patrick Apobolokemi
4. PENCOM – Mrs. Chinelo Anohu Amazu
5. FERMA – Engr. Chukwu Amuchi
6. DPR – Mr. George Osahon
7. Bank Of Industry – Ms. Evelyn Oputu
8. Nigerian Content Dev. Agency – Mr. Ernest Nwanpa
9. Consumer Protection Agency – Mrs Dupe Atoki
10. NCC – Engr. Eugene Juwa
11. NAMA – Engr. Nnamdi Udoh
12. NCAA – Engr. Akikuotu
13. FAAN – Mr. George Uriesi
14. NCAT – Capt. Chinere Kalu
15. SEC – Ms. Aruma Otteh
16. Sovereign Wealth Fund – Uche Orji
17. NAFDAC – Dr Paul Orhil
18. FIIRO – Dr. Mrs. G. N Elemo
19. Maritime Academy Of Nigeria – Oron Joshua Okpo
20. Railway Corporation – Eng. Seyi Sijuwade
21. Nigerian Tourism Dev. Corporation – Mrs. Sally Mbanefo
22. Budget Office Of The Federation – Dr Bright Okogwu
23. NERDC – Prof Godswill Obioma
24. NEXIM – Mr R. R Orya
25. Standard Organization Of Nigeria – Dr Joseph Odumodu
26. Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation – Emeka Nkem Mba
27. Industrial Training Fund – Prof. LongmasWapmuk
28. National University Commission – Prof. Okojie
29. NESREA – Mrs. N.S Benebo
30. MDG Office – Dr. Precious Gbenio
31. Surveyor General Of The Federation – Peter Chigozie
32. Statistician General Of The Federation – Dr. Yemi Kale
33. Accountant General Of The Federation – Mr. Jonah Otunla
34. Auditor General Of The Federation – Samuel Yonongo Ukura
35. National Orientation Agency – Mike Omieri
36. News Agency Of Nigeria – Oluremi Oyo/Mr Ima Niboro
37. NEPC E/S – David I Adelugba
38. NEPZA – Mr. Olugbenga Kuye
39. BPP – Engr Emeka Ezeh
40. NECO – Prof. Promised Okpala/Professor Monday Joshua
41. SURE-P – Gen. Martin Luther-Agwai

While:
4 IGPs – Northerners, only 1 is a southerner
Chief of Defense staff – Alex Badeh
NSA – Sambo Dasuki
All CJNs- Northerners
CJ Federal high Court- Ibrahim Bukar
EFCC Head -Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde
INEC Chairman – Northerner Attahiru Jega
CG Customs – Abdullahi Dikko
FRCN DG- Alhaji Ladan Salihu

Nigeria’s north which occupies 70% of the country’s land mass is home to 55% of the population according to censuses in 1921, 31, 53 and on
http://newsrescue.com/list-of-president-jonathans-appointments-shows-ethnic-lopsidedness/#axzz4fBGj9PcC

The same Jonathan promised to tackle the erosion ravaging the entire South-East, while also promising to complete the second Niger Bridge; his grand pawn among the Igbos, according to Punch.

His so-called achievements in the North were political to his reelection bid. It is only a bastard who forsakes his father's house while building that of another man's father just because he wants to be friends with him.
Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by adecz: 4:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
We never thought it possible
that anybody could be more
clueless about the economy
than the discredited Ebele.... undecided

Na pepe we just dey see
since dis ppl come power.
But Ebele & his forty theives
had to go....

3 Likes

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by PDJT: 4:34pm On Apr 24, 2017
-Ha! Nigerians is it biting your butts that hard?
Pls, you guys should manage your part-time President. I'm only angry with that Oshunbade that did something to the forex. angry

2 Likes

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by Eldersege(m): 4:35pm On Apr 24, 2017
judondasylva:
He took 3 months to appoint his Chief of Staff , 6 months to appoint a cabinet and now 23 months and yet counting to appoint heads of agencies and board members he was so eager to fire upon his assumption into office and rose import duties on the most basic of commodities in a bid to raise government revenue.Talk was cheap then but now reality has taken its course. His earliest opponents pointed out to his track record and not to his speech, noting that the last time Nigeria fell into dismal failure, currency woes and commodity shortages was when he had seized power as a military general in 1983 and stating that the facts of that record contradicted the poems of his image brokers.
Many however just wanted “change” as it was then called and so voted the General and sat to wait for the sung promises. But from the onset of his government, the course was as his critics had predefined: Incompetency, bigotry and dictatorial tendencies plaguing the country.

I love your rhyme, your use of words. It's poetic. Though I defer in ideology. All the same, tomb up for you.

1 Like

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by Eldersege(m): 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2017
judondasylva:
He took 3 months to appoint his Chief of Staff , 6 months to appoint a cabinet and now 23 months and yet counting to appoint heads of agencies and board members he was so eager to fire upon his assumption into office and rose import duties on the most basic of commodities in a bid to raise government revenue.Talk was cheap then but now reality has taken its course. His earliest opponents pointed out to his track record and not to his speech, noting that the last time Nigeria fell into dismal failure, currency woes and commodity shortages was when he had seized power as a military general in 1983 and stating that the facts of that record contradicted the poems of his image brokers.
Many however just wanted “change” as it was then called and so voted the General and sat to wait for the sung promises. But from the onset of his government, the course was as his critics had predefined: Incompetency, bigotry and dictatorial tendencies plaguing the country.

I love your rhyme, your use of words. It's poetic. Though I defer in ideology. All the same, tomb up for you.

1 Like

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by babayinka77(m): 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2017
EmeeNaka:
The Yoruba Muslims and Hausa Muslims are to blame. They have chosen to be willing tools in the hands of Fulani oligarchs.
But then,at the end, nothing will come out of this failed regime save for those who are elated that a man that bear their tribal name is appointed to a federal post.
No new road has been constructed in last two years across Nigeria
No body has been convicted of corruption
No hospital renovation nor important health policy
A rising unemployment across Nigeria
A great distress and hunger and so on.
But since Buhari has started, he has to continue till 2023
Must you comment with sentimental words? Muslim this, muslim that.... common!
Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by emmasege: 4:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
porka:
It's easy to deceive Nigerians and continue to deceive them in perpetuity. Buhari can spend one hundred years in office with the worst economic performance without a single complaint from his worshipers.

Just announce that an outrageous figure in naira or foreign currency has been stolen by a government worker (past or present), many Nigerians will stop what they are doing instantly - they will quickly cram the figure and add their own from their fertile imaginations, for onward dissemination to their group.

The bearer of the tale would garnish it with some equally unbelievable story of how the sums were discovered 'under a river' in the village of the accused, or how they were hidden inside a 'rock' in the ancestral home of the accused.

Sadly, they will go back home to commit suicide or jump into the river on their way home from the 'group discussion' as a result of the stack economic reality which the stories have refused to take away from their circumstances.
I wish I was a newspaper editor, I'll boldly make this a FrontPage news of the dailies tomorrow morning. I'll gladly do that as a national service even if that will be an indirect invitation for the DSS/EFCC to initiate trump up charges against me, and deprive me of my fundamental human right. At least it will go down in history that I lived for something and spoke up when it mattered most.

3 Likes

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2017
Delusion at its peak!
Adminisher:

None.

2 Likes

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by obaoyedotun(m): 4:59pm On Apr 24, 2017
Tell me ho positively it has impacted t economy and how better we are as a country
Adminisher:

None.

1 Like

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by elmisti(m): 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

Perhaps you are new in Nigeria. I wouldn't mind still, explaining how Jonathan operated;

1. He wooed the SE with top positions and and sidelined other regions, mostly the North.

http://newsrescue.com/list-of-president-jonathans-appointments-shows-ethnic-lopsidedness/#axzz4fBGj9PcC

The same Jonathan promised to tackle the erosion ravaging the entire South-East, while also promising to complete the second Niger Bridge; his grand pawn among the Igbos, according to Punch.

His so-called achievements in the North were political to his reelection bid. It is only a bastard who forsakes his father's house while building that of another man's father just because he wants to be friends with him.

Almajiri, kaduna-ABJ train, numerous agric programs, and u either forgot or ignored the NASS. And the pdp. ......although am nt here to talk GEJ or any sucker who is or have raped my dear 9ja
Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by Angrymode: 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
Adminisher:

None.

This article is so spot on, it predicted you defense of him grin

3 Likes

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by obaoyedotun(m): 5:11pm On Apr 24, 2017
Uncle what part of the TV or news do you watch the kaduna rail network was done by the last regime and the present lagos ibadan was part of GEJ even the ongoing at Benin-ore road sir stop listening to the news go out an see things yourself
Ovamboland:

Tell us one new roads, that was constructed in the almost 6years of oil boom in the last government.
By what stretch do you expect a brand new road in a time of huge revenue loss to the governmentoof the day.
Be honest and explain how a government that could not build in time of boom will fare by this season

2 Likes

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by kokomilala(m): 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2017
Without any complication of hindsight,I told people then that we were in trouble if we needed a 73 year old man to navigate the ship of this nation.
I gave him two years to make a statement of intent,but he has only managed to plunge the country into untold distress.

3 Likes

Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by Sanchez01: 5:20pm On Apr 24, 2017
elmisti:

Almajiri, kaduna-ABJ train, numerous agric programs, and u either forgot or ignored the NASS. And the pdp. ......although am nt here to talk GEJ or any sucker who is or have raped my dear 9ja
My point exactly. His interest in developing the North revolved around his reelection bid which blew up on his face. And don't forget that the origin of this back and forth is as a result of the seperatist whom I quoted below;

phillips1959:
how else can he not devide nigeria when all his major appointments come from the north.He has already devided d country.It is regretteble that he may not witness d revolution that will actually divide this nation.God cannot be mocked.
Re: The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist by globatop: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2017
I will not subscribe to the fact that Nigerians made mistake in electing Buhari, Jonathan and PDP never provided Nigerians with an alternative. May be Jonathan never new how badly Nigerians were fed up with his ineptitude and yearning for change of guard.

Similar scenario was played when Otedola was voted as governor of Lagos state in place of SDP candidate.

It only happened that it was only Buhari that was seen as the only personality in the APC that could chase away PDP, recent discoveries proved that Buhari presidency was not a mistake, as PDP would have covered their corrupt tracks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Live Updates: Bauchi Senatorial By-Election (Official INEC results) / What Is IPPIS And Why Is ASUU Resisting It? / Afenifere: Why SouthWest Governors Are Scared Of Taking Actions Against Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.