Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency (13680 Views)

Miyetti Allah Tasks Security Agencies On Illegal Weapons / Nigerian Government Has Paid N325Million To Whistle Blowers - EFCC / Senate Passes Whistle Blowers Protection Bill, 2017 (2) (3) (4)

FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by sonsomegrigbo: 10:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
The National Security Adviser, Maj-Gen. Babagana Munguno (rtd) has began work on a template for the discovery and recovery of illegal weapons through a reward system.
Malam Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, confirmed this development in a statement issued in Abuja on Sunday.
According to the presidential spokesman, the Office of National Security Adviser (ONSA) is adopting the whistle-blowing approach so as to eradicate mass shooting incidents and remove the harassment of law abiding citizens by holders of illegal weapons.
He said the proposed adoption of the whistle-blowing policy on illegal weapons by the Federal Government followed the success of the policy in the recovery of huge amount of questionable and stolen funds by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Shehu, therefore,said the presidency had started drawing up the rules of a whistle-blower mechanism to throw a spotlight on the regime of gun ownership and control as a bold move to prevent and eradicate illegal ownership of small arms and light weapons in the country.
He said that this would be a sort of searchlight on weapons ownership in the country, adding that the aim was to disarm communities especially those with proclivity to violence.
“In the last few days, we had discussed the efforts the administration is making to strengthen the whistle-blower mechanism in the Ministry of Finance, which to date has proved to be very effective in bringing the attention of the government to stolen assets and unexplained wealth.
“The ONSA initiative may be an independent line of inquiry or in active collaboration with what the government is doing in Finance. This will be a sort of searchlight on weapons ownership in the country.
“Whatever form or shape it takes, the administration wants to take a tough line to curtail the large number of illegal weapons in circulation used in intra and inter-communal conflicts,’’ he said.
Shehu disclosed that the ONSA had already inaugurated a committee saddled with the responsibility of the recovery of small arms and light weapons in the country
The blowing policy, which has been approved by the Federal Executive Council (FEC) is meant to expose fraud and other related crimes in both the public and the private sectors.
The policy was devised by the Ministry of Finance aimed at encouraging anyone with information about a violation, misconduct or improper activity that impacts negatively on Nigerians and government to report it.
“If there is a voluntary return of stolen or concealed public funds or assets on the account of the information provided, the whistle blower may be entitled to anywhere between 2.5 per cent (minimum) and 5.0 per cent (maximum) of the total amount recovered,’’ Minister of finance Kemi Adeosun said.
The policy has recorded appreciable success as it has led to the discovery of billions of Naira in the last few months since it started.

Source;

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/fg-reward-whistle-blowers-illegal-weapons-presidency/

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by mcmurphy132(m): 10:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
ña to blow whistle sure pass. abeg make I go buy my whistle

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by Joephat(m): 10:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
I am quitting school bcoz of this one, Time to blow, all this cultists around me, e Don happen..

Snitching Time

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by lekzyn(m): 10:39pm On Apr 23, 2017
This is a very welcome idea. Still searching were to blow my own whistle on dollars not arms.

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 23, 2017
Whistles for sell. Oya buy 1 get 1 free.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by ZombieTAMER: 10:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
What about whistle blowers on bad behaved citizens.....

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by SalamRushdie: 11:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
No need to go far let the Buhari govt start with the Fulani held cache that is being publicly displayed by fulani herdmen in the bush camps around the country

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by Sketchandcraft(m): 11:35pm On Apr 23, 2017
Means the death of the blower is at hand cos we will be hearing many cases of killings cos after blowing whistle and police arrest Na to come back for any suspected whistle blower be that....

But it will get to a point where whistle blower for illegal deposit of gala wrapper and sachet water will be rewarded

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by Ehiscotch(m): 11:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
In as much as I love the Whistle Blower policy, there is still a glitch.
Many of these blowers knew of these happenings before the policy but kept mute, but now that there is a reward for snitching, they are now ready to be patriotic & to do the right thing.
Some of these blowers could have aided & abetted, they may also have been involved . Most of these cases didn't start today.
Dont get me wrong, the policy is fine - but it is just a policy until it is law. FG should sponsor a bill ASAP.
If you say they did kept mute for to save their skin, I dont think the EFCC or FG would have revealed its source(s).

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by Tolexander: 11:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
“If there is a voluntary return of stolen or concealed public funds or assets on the account of the information provided, the whistle blower may be entitled to anywhere between 2.5 per cent (minimum) and 5.0 per cent (maximum) of the total amount recovered,’’ Minister of finance Kemi Adeosun said
Please reward us in materials i.e. riffle, pistol, tank, bomb et al recovered not cash!

If I blow whistle on any illegal weapon, what percentage of the weapons recovered will I be entitled to?

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by MONITZ: 12:41am On Apr 24, 2017
Everything about Nigeria now is whistle blowing until people start getting killed because some of these unscrupulous elements re deviously wicked and re devil incarnates,it takes a lot of guts to own a gun illegally and also to embezzle money meant for a state or country as the case may be and they will go to any length to cover their tracks.

Discerning Nigerians shouldn't be fooled as the government is hell bent on egging us on into believing that whistle blowing is so so lucrative,it has its downs too which re even more than its ups.... It's like giving information to the police which might get u killed at the end...

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by ChimaAdeoye: 2:47am On Apr 24, 2017
Me i will hide my weapons in Borno.
Nobody will dare go there.
Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by prolificJosh(m): 4:33am On Apr 24, 2017
One day one day, whistle go blow the blower

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by omowolewa: 5:52am On Apr 24, 2017
So what will be the rewards, how much.

All I need to do is to local a Fulani Village or find area boiz hideouts. Volla! am in money.

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by nabiz(m): 6:42am On Apr 24, 2017
Thank God my suggestion in nairaland is taken. But i think this one should not be paid in percentage. Pay between 50 to 100k per gun recovered and all this cultists exposed each other. Me self go expose our campus carpon make i get money take pay school fees grin

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by yhemsy62(m): 6:55am On Apr 24, 2017
WHISTLE BLOWING a new lucrative business that can get you killed any moment

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by permsec: 7:10am On Apr 24, 2017
Yeah, 5% of the weapon isn't such a bad idea.

I think I'll delve into this phase. Who knows I might be blessed with a rocket launcher or a C4.

Just for my landlord though.

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 24, 2017
yhemsy62:
WHISTLE BLOWING a new lucrative business that can get you killed any moment

Tell them

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by gsmphoneseller: 7:59am On Apr 24, 2017
They should also extend it to Fulani Herdsmen terrorists...
Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 24, 2017
This should be easy.

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by Jabioro: 8:16am On Apr 24, 2017
Good one.. getting closer if it be managed it yielded better results.
Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by GoodandBad007: 8:20am On Apr 24, 2017
Ah! This one no go easy o.
Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by sunmike065(m): 8:34am On Apr 24, 2017
Good move....
Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 24, 2017
And so it starts, the piece by piece re-enactment of 1984 East Germany and George Orwell's 1984.

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by originalKsp(m): 8:42am On Apr 24, 2017
Good. It's not just enough to reward them but also to protect them. Imagine you blow whistle that someone has illegal arms, the police con search him house and couldn't find it, you don enter gbeke be that.

Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 24, 2017
This will make absolute sense. God bless PMB
Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by Timiblanko(m): 8:44am On Apr 24, 2017
This will make people want to do more
Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by Djbond(m): 8:44am On Apr 24, 2017
Buhari will not be happy with this
Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by olatpic(m): 8:44am On Apr 24, 2017
Good move..
Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by Tazdroid(m): 8:44am On Apr 24, 2017
H,
Re: FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency by 0b10010011: 8:44am On Apr 24, 2017
Good one!

I have arrived!

Our night watch man's dane gun is not licensed.

How do I blow the whistle

Miyetti Allah Exonerates FG, Blames Governors For Farmers-herders Crisis / "Go To Ghana, Go To Cameroon, Go To Gambia, You Will Be Proud Of The Igbos" Says / President Buhari Congratulates China On 69th Anniversary