Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:47 AM

No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time (4194 Views)

David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. / "There Is Only One Greatest Of All Time, Lionel Messi" - Eden Hazard / Ernesto Valverde: "Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by OVA200(m): 8:22pm On Apr 24, 2017
foladj:

Then who is the greatest?
I will use my opinion to choose here and I will choose Pele because:
He participated in 5 different world cup
He won 3 world cup as a player ( incredible)
He scored close to 800 official goals
and He continue to live a life of legend after that illustrious career (do this better than maradona)

1 Like

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by OVA200(m): 8:22pm On Apr 24, 2017
foladj:

Then who is the greatest?
and He continue to live a life of legend after that illustrious career (do this better than maradona)
Messi is the best of his generation but not the greatest ever yet
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2017
OVA200:
Messi is the best of his generation but not the greatest ever yet

Ok...
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by OVA200(m): 9:30pm On Apr 24, 2017
foladj:

Ok...
You concur?
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 24, 2017
OVA200:
You concur?

Let messi and ronaldo end their career first then we would know who the greatest is.

1 Like

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by OVA200(m): 10:32pm On Apr 24, 2017
foladj:

Let messi and ronaldo end their career first then we would know who the greatest is.
You make a valid point but please help me tell them to stop tipping him for being the greatest ever now
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by easyelliot(m): 4:26am On Apr 25, 2017
Lot of fans boys up in here I see.......allow me to respond
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by easyelliot(m): 4:28am On Apr 25, 2017
kingDELE:
beliv it or not, world cup best player is something dat ronaldo will neva have.

His team won d euro 2016 not him. He offered nothing.

Messi took Argentina to d world cup final.

I guess u are aware of his ban from world cup qualification?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My only problem is how u always open ur trash can to say fifa do favour messi's side...

You should know, you put your trash in my can, pls put it in your can next time.

When u learn to debate like an adult, without insults, meet me at the grown table.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Frankaka8(m): 9:48am On Apr 25, 2017
OVA200:
Please don't say this elsewhere because it doesn't make any sense.
Football is wack in Pele's era right? Now let me ask you this questions:
Is it only Pele that is playing then? (I.e if Pele is scoring as many goals as possible there should be another player that suppose to be scoring goal like that too now)

The country that won the most World cup won 5 and Pele has a person have 3 ( doest that means World cup is full of wack players too )

Please don't let us spoil the privilege of watching Lionel Messi play and forget that those legend works so hard for what they achieved. He is the best of his generation but not the greatest ever yet.
how many teams participated in the worldcup during Pele's era as compared to now? Football is getting tougher and more competitive. I have watched pele's highlights and am still yet to be convinced of him being d greatest. He is no different from George Weah or Drogba. Football was yet to be defined then, as many things (like offside, goal line tech, bans, fines, new rules/ regulations etc) were/is yet to be implemented then... Finally when u talk of talent, MESSI is the most in football.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by kingDELE(m): 9:57am On Apr 25, 2017
easyelliot:

You should know, you put your trash in my can, pls put it in your can next time.

When u learn to debate like an adult, without insults, meet my at the grown table.
you think you debate like an adult? Den stop thinking about favour when debating....
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Wapapod(m): 10:37am On Apr 25, 2017
Abeqi

When we get to heaven,we qo ask God who the greatest player be.
I Wonder aw u dy fiqht over guys who still haven't finish their career

Personally,none of them is d greatest yet,tho 'em are rili talented footballers

Am I talking?
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by easyelliot(m): 11:00am On Apr 25, 2017
kingDELE:
you think you debate like an adult? Den stop thinking about favour when debating....

All this because I said Messi is not the greatest and I backed it up with instances where he did not deliver
you came swinging like a drunken sailor who just grew his first hair on his chin and are inching for a fight.

Listen carefully, kid, Messi is one of the greatest....but he is not the greatest.... go and ask your Facebook friend in Argentina the last time Messi won them something......
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by OVA200(m): 11:33am On Apr 25, 2017
Frankaka8:
how many teams participated in the worldcup during Pele's era as compared to now? Football is getting tougher and more competitive. I have watched pele's highlights and am still yet to be convinced of him being d greatest. He is no different from George Weah or Drogba. Football was yet to be defined then, as many things (like offside, goal line tech, bans, fines, new rules/ regulations etc) were/is yet to be implemented then... Finally when u talk of talent, MESSI is the most in football.
I don't dispute the fact that football is getting tougher,
If lesser team are participating in the world cup don't that give every other player the same chance of winning it in Pele's era too but Pele beat every other player to it not only once or twice but three times (that means his winning it is not a coincidence but pure brilliance) and the world cup of now that is more competitive Iniesta that is not as talented as Messi won the world cup as competitive as it is.

If lesser team and limited rules are guiding football by then, then their suppose to be another player that will take advantage of the less tough and competitiveness of the game and you know almost every team today have been existing in Pele's era too so that means there are a lot of players then but Pele beat them to be the greatest.

Messi is the greatest of his generation but not the greatest ever yet because of lack of International trophy.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Frankaka8(m): 12:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
OVA200:
I don't dispute the fact that football is getting tougher,
If lesser team are participating in the world cup don't that give every other player the same chance of winning it in Pele's era too but Pele beat every other player to it not only once or twice but three times (that means his winning it is not a coincidence but pure brilliance) and the world cup of now that is more competitive Iniesta that is not as talented as Messi won the world cup as competitive as it is.

If lesser team and limited rules are guiding football by then, then their suppose to be another player that will take advantage of the less tough and competitiveness of the game and you know almost every team today have been existing in Pele's era too so that means there are a lot of players then but Pele beat them to be the greatest.

Messi is the greatest of his generation but not the greatest ever yet because of lack of International trophy.
Worldcup trophy is not a yardstick for his greatness.... his FOOTBALL TALENT makes him the greatest. Countless players has won the worldcup with dia team (even bench warmers) yet dat doesnt make dem legends or the greatest. Messi gain recognition @ 18yrs, won his first balon d'or @ 22yrs and still counting... at what age did Pele start gaining recognition?

1 Like

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by OVA200(m): 12:10pm On Apr 25, 2017
Frankaka8:
Worldcup trophy is not a yardstick for his greatness.... his FOOTBALL TALENT makes him the greatest. Countless players has won the worldcup with dia team (even bench warmers) yet dat doesnt make dem legends or the greatest. Messi gain recognition @ 18yrs, won his first balon d'or @ 22yrs and still counting... at what age did Pele start gaining recognition?
Pele gain recognition at 17 years when he scored in World cup final.
You are using only talent to judge right? That can't work, a player need talent first and achievement to show for his talent to be a great player. Tell me one of the player that win the world cup without tangible participation branded greatest of his country not to talk of greatest ever.

Look at Jay Jay Okocha a very talented player with no achievement can he stand where Nwakwo KANU his talking.
We can't because Okocha is very talented and rank him ahead KANU in Nigeria.

So Messi need achievement (especially international) to show for his talent.
Messi himself said he can trade his ballon d'or for world cup.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
OVA200:
You are using only talent to judge right? That can't work, a player need talent first and achievement to show for his talent to be a great player. Tell me one of the player that win the world cup without tangible participation branded greatest of his country not to talk of greatest ever.

Look at Jay Jay Okocha a very talented player with no achievement can he stand where Nwakwo KANU his talking.

Out of all those Players in the team who won world cup e.g 2014 germany, 2010 spain etc.

Which of them is Greater than or equal to Messi?

Is just like saying Because Gotze scored in the final, he is the best. There is also something called luck in football.

But from what i see so far, i think the Argentina Squad are just damn unlucky. Maybe 4 finals, they lost everything. I really dont know what is wrong.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Frankaka8(m): 1:24pm On Apr 25, 2017
OVA200:

okay yu win. Thanks for the exchange of views without insults. I hav. Also learnt a few things from yu. One love
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by kingDELE(m): 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2017
easyelliot:

All this because I said Messi is not the greatest and I backed it up with instances where he did not deliver
you came swinging like a drunken sailor who just grew his first hair on his chin and are inching for a fight.

Listen carefully, kid, Messi is one of the greatest....but he is not the greatest.... go and ask your Facebook friend in Argentina the last time Messi won them something......

i come to realize something from some nairalanders, dey seems so mature when it comes to issue of arguments. U call me kid, its okey. But you old adult should stay of topic dat kids will invade.

At least u are an adult, u should be able to dictate a kid invasion able topic....

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by bingbagbo(m): 2:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
the greatest footballer?

his name is ronaldinho Gaucho cool
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by easyelliot(m): 2:33pm On Apr 25, 2017
kingDELE:
i come to realize something from some nairalanders, dey seems so mature when it comes to issue of arguments. U call me kid, its okey. But you old adult should stay of topic dat kids will invade.

At least u are an adult, u should be able to dictate a kid invasion able topic....

When did talking about football become exclusive topic of conversation for youth only?

OK, chance to redeem yourself....simple question that even kids should be able to answer......

If Messi is the greatest then why hasn't he delivered for Argentina in the World Cup?

Debate that...
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by KevinDein: 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
Messi makes his team play, Ronaldo's team plays for him to get his tap ins. The way it has been, both internationally and domestically, for years now.

People comparing Messi to Ronaldo makes me fear for the collective IQ of the human race.

1 Like

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
easyelliot:

When did talking about football become exclusive topic of conversation for youth only?

OK, chance to redeem yourself....simple question that even kids should be able to answer......

If Messi is the greatest then why hasn't he delivered for Argentina in the World Cup?

Debate that...

He has gotten to final sha. And was MVP at the last concluded World Cup.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
KevinDein:
Messi makes his team play, Ronaldo's team plays for him to get his tap ins. The way it has been, both internationally and domestically, for years now.

People comparing Messi to Ronaldo makes me fear for the collective IQ of the human race.

You know most of them don't watch their match on tv except for Twitter and instagram then they start passing comment anyhow.

Messi plays more like an Attacking Midfielder now sef. And he still dey score wella
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by OVA200(m): 3:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
Frankaka8:
okay yu win. Thanks for the exchange of views without insults. I hav. Also learnt a few things from yu. One love
Wow am amaze with your character, you are one of the most coolest person av met in nairaland

1 Like

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by OVA200(m): 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2017
foladj:

Out of all those Players in the team who won world cup e.g 2014 germany, 2010 spain etc.

Which of them is Greater than or equal to Messi?

Is just like saying Because Gotze scored in the final, he is the best. There is also something called luck in football.

But from what i see so far, i think the Argentina Squad are just damn unlucky. Maybe 4 finals, they lost everything. I really dont know what is wrong.

Bro what am saying is messi is the greatest of his generation but the players you are comparing him with are greater than him in that aspect or are u comparing him with the likes of Manuel Neuer, Xavi, Cassillas if so then he is greater but when comparing him with The likes of Pele, Maradona he is yet to be the greatest
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2017
OVA200:
Bro what am saying is messi is the greatest of his generation but the players you are comparing him with are greater than him in that aspect or are u comparing him with the likes of Manuel Neuer, Xavi, Cassillas if so then he is greater but when comparing him with The likes of Pele, Maradona he is yet to be the greatest

Apart from the world cup which they have, I dont think they have anything more. Messi has broken records , collected many titles for club and all others.

All we would say is when he retires, we would know how far.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Icon79(m): 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
Some of you morons keep harping on "lack of international trophy" to belittle Messi's achievement.

Listen, lack of international trophy for Argentina DOES NOT and CANNOT dent Messi's place in history as the GREATEST OF ALL TIME (G-0-A-T) because football is a team sports. It takes 11 players (and a good coach) to win. No player has ever done it by himself. Please don't blame Messi if the Argentine FA refuses to get their house in order. As a matter of fact, Messi has SINGLE HANDED carried the Argies on his back to the World Cup finals and two Copa America finals. Where would Argentina be without Messi? Gosh, they can't even get a common draw against Bolivia just because Messi wasn't there!

Please give me a break, my fren!

O pari

OVA200:

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by OVA200(m): 5:55pm On Apr 25, 2017
foladj:

Apart from the world cup which they have, I dont think they have anything more. Messi has broken records , collected many titles for club and all others.

All we would say is when he retires, we would know how far.
Am not saying he will not be the greatest ever but not yet the greatest moreover he is already the greatest of his generation
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by OVA200(m): 6:03pm On Apr 25, 2017
Icon79:
Some of you morons keep harping on "lack of international trophy" to belittle Messi's achievement.

Listen, lack of international trophy for Argentina DOES NOT and CANNOT dent Messi's place in history as the GREATEST OF ALL TIME (G-0-A-T) because football is a team sports. It takes 11 players (and a good coach) to win. No player has ever done it by himself. Please don't blame Messi if the Argentine FA refuses to get their house in order. As a matter of fact, Messi has SINGLE HANDED carried the Argies on his back to the World Cup finals and two Copa America finals. Where would Argentina be without Messi? Gosh, they can't even get a common draw against Bolivia just because Messi wasn't there!

Please give me a break, my fren!

O pari

How can you be abusive because of someone that even when ask he will not call himself the greatest ever, I swear I will not banter words with you again because of your level of reasoning and your football understanding that is so low because you suppose to know the importance of winning a trophy for country.

Have a wonderful day,
Shalom.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by easyelliot(m): 8:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
foladj:

He has gotten to final sha. And was MVP at the last concluded World Cup.

MVP This is not NBA abeg

Great ones reach finals, GOATs win finals.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
easyelliot:

MVP This is not NBA abeg

Great ones reach finals, GOATs win finals.

So iniesta, neur, etc are G. O. A. T? Because they won final. Abi shey dem no win am ni?
Don't you know it takes more than individual brilliance to win world cup, thats why people like spain, germany have won it. They have great team work.
You can't rely on one person to win world cup. They no dey joke for world cup.
If Argentina and Portugal think because they got messi and Ronaldo then they have automatic ticket to win world cup,then they are still joking.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Algeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership / Amazing! Messi Goes To Ghana To Apologize To Boateng's Family!(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.