Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time (4116 Views)

David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. / "There Is Only One Greatest Of All Time, Lionel Messi" - Eden Hazard / Ernesto Valverde: "Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by easyelliot(m): 10:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
foladj:

So iniesta, neur, etc are G. O. A. T? Because they won final. Abi shey dem no win am ni?
Don't you know it takes more than individual brilliance to win world cup, thats why people like spain, germany have won it. They have great team work.
You can't rely on one person to win world cup. They no dey joke for world cup.
If Argentina and Portugal think because they got messi and Ronaldo then they have automatic ticket to win world cup,then they are still joking.

Iniesta, neur etc are among the best players of their generations, no doubt, but even in their respective countries, they are not considered the GOAT.

Germany's GOAT is without a doubt the Kaiser
..and guess what, he won the cup as a player and even as a coach. I doubt if Iniesta is the best Spain ever produced...Casillas would probably be called the Spanish GOAT and he won the cup.

Yes its a team sport,and you can't always rely on one player, but your best player cannot be a liability when you need him the most.
* He was invincible at Rio 14, until he reached the final and faded badly.
* He misses a penalty so badly he has to hide in front of the whole world and wilt. Great players miss penalties, but the greater ones overcome it. They don't use their FA as an excuse and then retire Was it FA that booted penalty wide?

Messi is a great player, but not the greatest... He leads Argentina to a world cup title next year.....then sure, why not
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by DavidoArsenal(m): 11:40pm On Apr 25, 2017
Lol I don't think it was the Classico that put it to rest, Messi is and has always been the best. People that have eye, know

Menh:
There has been a long standing arguement about who is the best player in the world between Messi and CR7.
However, in to night's El-Classico Messi has finally put the arguement to rest by declaring himself the very best and CR7 as second best scoring two decisive goals (Unlike CR7 offside goals against Bayern) thereby deciding the El-Classico.
Therefore, no more comparism King Messi is Greatest and the Very Best of ALL time.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by DavidoArsenal(m): 11:43pm On Apr 25, 2017
This leave Barca talk again? You guys are so funny. He has played with different sets of players at that same Barca but he's not great simply because he didn't leave Barca. You know how many players you will regard as shit because they did not leave their clubs? smh

easyelliot:

You are comparing a global title to an individual award

Somebody tell the great one to leave barca and let's see how great he is.

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by easyelliot(m): 1:20am On Apr 26, 2017
DavidoArsenal:
This leave Barca talk again? You guys are so funny. He has played with different sets of players at that same Barca but he's not great simply because he didn't leave Barca. You know how many players you will regard as shit because they did not leave their clubs? smh

He is great nobody is disputing that, and yes he has played with several other players...but its still Barcelona and an inbuilt system perfect for his skill set. If I'm his agent I'll tell him to never leave.

My biggest memory of his ineptitude in pressure situation was the last world cup. After the game against Naija I called it right there and then, "Argentina will win the world cup".

Then the final game v Germany and I kept looking for Messi, for long stretches of the game....I didn't even know he was playing. That was his moment laid out for him to TAKE and he didn't. Germany sef didn't seem to want the game either, until Gotze scored late.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by kingDELE(m): 7:52am On Apr 26, 2017
easyelliot:

When did talking about football become exclusive topic of conversation for youth only?

OK, chance to redeem yourself....simple question that even kids should be able to answer......

If Messi is the greatest then why hasn't he delivered for Argentina in the World Cup?

Debate that...

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by DavidoArsenal(m): 11:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
A system perfect for his skills? Lol You know how many times Barca has changed system? Or you think Enrique's Barca is the same as Pep's? The he did not leave Barca talk should never come up, it's very embarrassing tbh, is it Barcelona football club that is helping him make those runs? dribble players? Score goals? I can never understand you guys. That very final, he played well, it just wasn't to be

easyelliot:

He is great nobody is disputing that, and yes he has played with several other players...but its still Barcelona and an inbuilt system perfect for his skill set. If I'm his agent I'll tell him to never leave.

My biggest memory of his ineptitude in pressure situation was the last world cup. After the game against Naija I called it right there and then, "Argentina will win the world cup".

Then the final game v Germany and I kept looking for Messi, for long stretches of the game....I didn't even know he was playing. That was his moment laid out for him to TAKE and he didn't. Germany sef didn't seem to want the game either, until Gotze scored late.

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by ATERI(m): 12:26am On Apr 28, 2017
Doctors have been using drugs to boost Mesi`s genes from the day he was born, how do you know he would have been this good without those drugs? Anyone can be very good under the influence of one drug or the other
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Frankaka8(m): 7:42am On Apr 28, 2017
ATERI:
Doctors have been using drugs to boost Mesi`s genes from the day he was born, how do you know he would have been this good without those drugs? Anyone can be very good under the influence of one drug or the other
boost kor! Lucozade ni. If u hv nothing relevant to share, lockup.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by ATERI(m): 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
Frankaka8:
boost kor! Lucozade ni. If u hv nothing relevant to share, lockup.

Always good to be ignorant and not know it
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by easyelliot(m): 9:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
DavidoArsenal:
is it Barcelona football club that is helping him make those runs? dribble players? Score goals? I can never understand you guys. That very final, he played well, it just wasn't to be

Well to answer your question, yes it is Barcelona football club that has helped him do wonderful things, cause he is not doing it for Argentina.

It wasn't meant to be against Germany (wc2010, 2014)
It wasn't meant to be against Chile twice (copa america 2015, copa america centanario 2016)

I rest my case
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Frankaka8(m): 9:53pm On Apr 28, 2017
easyelliot:

Well to answer your question, yes it is Barcelona football club that has helped him do wonderful things, cause he is not doing it for Argentina.

It wasn't meant to be against Chile twice (copa america 2015, copa america centanario 2016)

I rest my case
penalty is a gamble, it can go any side. Getting to 4finals was/is applaudable, hardluck then set in. Yet he was the Best player of the last worldcup even after losing d cup. He won U17 Fifa worlddcup and Olympics gold medal ( with Argentina National teams).
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by easyelliot(m): 4:12am On Apr 29, 2017
Frankaka8:
penalty is a gamble, it can go any side. Getting to 4finals was/is applaudable, hardluck then set in. Yet he was the Best player of the last worldcup even after losing d cup. He won U17 Fifa worlddcup and Olympics gold medal ( with Argentina National teams).

The youth trophies (Olympic medal is under 23 not national team) he won are youth trophies.

At senior level he has won "diddly squat". Don't be seduced by his Barcelona form; he has yet to duplicate it , at senior level.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Frankaka8(m): 6:48am On Apr 29, 2017
easyelliot:

The youth trophies (Olympic medal is under 23 not national team) he won are youth trophies.

At senior level he has won "diddly squat". Don't be seduced by his Barcelona form; he has yet to duplicate it , at senior level.

Olympics is a mixed of senior team and oda promising players. He did well in FIFA worldcup 2014. By getting to d final as dia captain and hope after serious of injuries dat depleted the team. There is a thin line btw getting to the final and winning it. HE was simply unlucky, as getting to 4 finals was commending. (messi - 4finals 0 cup) (cr7- 1final dat he played only 10mins - 1cup).... sometyms football is unfair.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by easyelliot(m): 12:18pm On Apr 29, 2017
Frankaka8:
Olympics is a mixed of senior team and oda promising players.

Olympics are for players under the age of 23 plus 3 over age players.

His career is not over yet, so he has time to win a world cup and/or a copa.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Menh: 9:48am On May 01, 2017
Former Real Madrid coach Fabio Capelo confirmed Messi as the best .
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by DavidoArsenal(m): 9:18am On May 27, 2017
He's not doing it for Argentina? Lmao you're very funny. WC against Germany that they lost by a lone goal after missing numerous chances?
Or the Copa Americas that they lost on penalties? Please be serious.

easyelliot:

I rest my case
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by udee734: 3:16pm On May 27, 2017
boost your account and see text below

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by easyelliot(m): 1:50pm On May 29, 2017
DavidoArsenal:
He's not doing it for Argentina? Lmao you're very funny. WC against Germany that they lost by a lone goal after missing numerous chances?
Or the Copa Americas that they lost on penalties? Please be serious.

Didn't know they hand out prizes for second place. Look, let me know when Argentina wins something OK?
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Advanz(m): 9:56am On May 30, 2017
Menh go watch 24hrs and u guys wil respect jack bauer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I / Yakubu Booed At Kanu's Testimonial / Bournemouth Sack Coach, Scott Parker After 9 - 0 Mauling At Liverpool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.