Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (1350 Views)

Nigeria Projected Among Top 20 Economies In The World By 2050 - BBC / Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says / Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by AbiolaFawole(m): 9:24am On Apr 25, 2017
Britain has predicted that Nigeria may turn out
to be one of the three biggest economies of the
world by 2050.
The British High Commissioner in Nigeria, Mr.
Paul Arkwright, made this disclosure on Monday
in Lagos as part of activities to commemorate
the 40th anniversary of the Nigerian British
Chamber of Commerce, NBCC.
Speaking on the topic, “Nigeria-British Relations:
The Next 100 Years”, Arkwright said the UK
government was happy with the economic
outlook of Nigeria.
He added that by virtue of the policies and
investment habits of the current government of
Nigeria, it was glaring that the country would no
longer be dependent on aid to develop.
Arkwright said, “By 2050, Nigeria will be the third
biggest country in the world as it will overtake
the USA to join China and India as the three
biggest countries.
http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/25/nigeria-will-third-biggest-country-world-2050-britain/
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by tribalistseun: 9:25am On Apr 25, 2017
Hope they're referring to Arewa and Yorubas

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by serverconnect(m): 9:31am On Apr 25, 2017
Story for the gods, while Nigeria is sinking everyday by day.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by prospero5(m): 9:32am On Apr 25, 2017
chai....
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by weyab: 9:58am On Apr 25, 2017
Yes awusa plus yoruba

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 25, 2017
Biggest in terms of population. Not economy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by Aromas: 9:59am On Apr 25, 2017
Britain wey join us 2geda by force grin make den leave us na.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by SalamRushdie: 10:00am On Apr 25, 2017
Lies ..who ever wrote that has never been to Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by FunkyMetahuman: 10:02am On Apr 25, 2017
They meant odua republic
There will be nothing like nigeria by 2050 Insha jesus
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by unstableaswater: 10:02am On Apr 25, 2017
Britain will be the world smallest country by 2050.

Scotland would have broken away to be an independentt country, leaving only the English to answer Britain.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by FunkyMetahuman: 10:19am On Apr 25, 2017
easternguy1:
Biggest in terms of population. Not economy
economy not population

Nigeria will never come close china india and indonesia in the next 100 years in terms of population.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by dmz1: 10:28am On Apr 25, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
economy not population

Nigeria will never come close china india and indonesia in the next 100 years in terms of population.

and you think Nigeria can overtake USA and Britain economically in the next 1000 years? it is all about population guy
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by Kingspin(m): 10:30am On Apr 25, 2017
They should have make it 20100. Maybe that would be the right time for steady electricity in Nigeria. Yeye leaders.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by enemybulldozer(m): 10:45am On Apr 25, 2017
Britain and this their farmland they called "nigeria" nawa o!
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by FunkyMetahuman: 10:59am On Apr 25, 2017
dmz1:

and you think Nigeria can overtake USA and Britain economically in the next 1000 years? it is all about population guy
ofvourse not

We all know it is just wild speculation but the post is about economy not population.

By the way, remove britain and insert china.

Britain still living in olf glory.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by omowolewa: 11:27am On Apr 25, 2017
Overtake USA? Thatz good news from Oga Britico.

He sang the song Nigerians love dancing to, pump their ego and you're on their good books.

Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by timecapsule: 11:28am On Apr 25, 2017
I need not to see your face before i confirm that you are lying, that what you mean is the opposite, that Nigeria will be among the last three in the world.
You are only here to make fool praise of the northerns because of what Britain are getting form them.
If i may ask, what position will USA, Britain, France, Japan even Russia will be by then...?, even now in Africa, are we better than South Africa, Egypt, or even common Ghana.
Please find another lie for those that are willing to fall for you Britain's.

Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by Franchise21(m): 11:30am On Apr 25, 2017
What's d essence of grwoing in popñ wen our ecconomy can't grow... Only increase in poverty level
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by Rollymax77(m): 11:33am On Apr 25, 2017
And President Buhari will be remembered for laying the good foundation, Long live Mr President.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by SIRmanjar(m): 11:54am On Apr 25, 2017
BRITAIN the enemies of Nigeria ad Africa..To give kween of England back hand slap dey hungry me.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by Just30: 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2017
timecapsule:
I need not to see your face before i confirm that you are lying, that what you mean is the opposite, that Nigeria will be among the last three in the world.
You are only here to make fool praise of the northerns because of what Britain are getting form them.
If i may ask, what position will USA, Britain, France, Japan even Russia will be by then...?, even now in Africa, are we better than South Africa, Egypt, or even common Ghana.
Please find another lie for those that are willing to fall for you Britain's.
big and population do not go hand in hand.
Say Nigeria will become the third most populous country.
Big goes with geography.
Sorry I quoted you
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by orisa37: 12:35pm On Apr 25, 2017
Year 2050, Biafra out, Fulani Herdsmen @ the Saddle.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by timecapsule: 1:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
If may ask you, is he talking about Nigeria been the number three in population or economy...............?
Just30:
big and population do not go hand in hand.
Say Nigeria will become the third most populous country.
Big goes with geography.
Sorry I quoted you
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by deedeedee1: 2:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
The man thinks by saying this, Nigeria will accept their current situation. These British people will do anything to keep Nigeria because it is their pride.The moment Nigeria separates, English language will be a thing of the past.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by dmz1: 2:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
ofvourse not

We all know it is just wild speculation but the post is about economy not population.

By the way, remove britain and insert china.

Britain still living in olf glory.

go and read the article again the points are: 1. Nigeria to be the third biggest country (not the third biggest economy) by 2050. there is no way Nigeria's economy will overtake USA, UK, Germany, Italy or many other countries by 2050.
2 he also talked about Lagos economy being the 5th largest in Africa.
FYI UK is not living on past glory it is the world's 6th largest economy and Nigeria can never overtake it in the next 200 years.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by hothead(m): 2:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
noted
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by FunkyMetahuman: 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2017
dmz1:

go and read the article again the points are: 1. Nigeria to be the third biggest country (not the third biggest economy) by 2050. there is no way Nigeria's economy will overtake USA, UK, Germany, Italy or many other countries by 2050.
2 he also talked about Lagos economy being the 5th largest in Africa.
FYI UK is not living on past glory it is the world's 6th largest economy and Nigeria can never overtake it in the next 200 years.

Like I said, its a wild speculation.

Uk used to be the biggest economy,(in the olden days) now us, china, japan, germany etc have over taken them.

The secessionist coupled with brexit, will surely hurt them further.
infact, in the next 50-100 years, they probably won't be more than Switzerland but with rich history.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by dmz1: 3:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:

Like I said, its a wild speculation.

Uk used to be the biggest economy,(in the olden days) now us, china, japan, germany etc have over taken them.

The secessionist coupled with brexit, will surely hurt them further.
infact, in the next 50-100 years, they probably won't be more than Switzerland but with rich history.

like I said go and read the article again. it is about Nigeria's population in 2015, not the size of her economy.
there is nothing wild about the speculation. it is not even a speculation but a projection based on our population growth rate.
UK is not living on past glory it is still a very prosperous and powerful country. that it used to be the world largest economy does not mean it is backward.
China has overtaken Japan and will soon overtake USA as the world's biggest economy. does it mean that Japan is now backward and living on past glory?
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by FunkyMetahuman: 3:33pm On Apr 25, 2017
dmz1:

like I said go and read the article again. it is about Nigeria's population in 2015, not the size of her economy.
there is nothing wild about the speculation. it is not even a speculation but a projection based on our population growth rate.
UK is not living on past glory it is still a very prosperous and powerful country. that it used to be the world largest economy does not mean it is backward.
China has overtaken Japan and will soon overtake USA as the world's biggest economy. does it mean that Japan is now backward and living on past glory?
I said its a wild speculation that nigeria will be 3rd in anything, be it population or economy.
Read and understand my post.

china will not overtake usa in 50years to come.
And again, read my post very well, I never said uk is ward neither did I say they are not the 6th biggest economy at the moment.

My posts were based on speculation that in the next 50 -100 years, uk will not be in 10 economy anymore due to brexit and looming secession. Plus there is no chance of stealing other people's resources like colonial era.

Read and understand man.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain by Rossikk(m): 3:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
dmz1:

There will be no Nigeria, USA, or Britain, in the next 1000 years. The system would have changed entirely by then.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB: See Photos Of The Men Who Signed For Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail / PHOTOS: Hundreds Of Northerners Allegedly Leave Port Harcourt / The Coming Back Of The Looters!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.