Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) (1372 Views)

Nigeria Projected Among Top 20 Economies In The World By 2050 - BBC / Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says / Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by SirMichael1: 10:14am On Apr 25, 2017
Britain has predicted that Nigeria may turn out to be one of the three
biggest economies of the world by 2050.

The British High Commissioner in Nigeria, Mr. Paul Arkwright,
made this disclosure on Monday in Lagos as part of activities to
commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Nigerian British Chamber of
Commerce, NBCC.

Speaking on the topic, “Nigeria-British Relations: The Next 100
Years”, Arkwright said the UK government was happy with the
economic outlook of Nigeria.

He added that by virtue of the policies and investment habits of the
current government of Nigeria, it was glaring that the country would no
longer be dependent on aid to develop.

Arkwright said, “By 2050, Nigeria will be the third biggest country in
the world as it will overtake the USA to join China and India as the
three biggest countries.

“Second, Lagos, Africa’s fifth largest economy in 2016, will become
more important in the coming years as African example of how to break
down barriers to doing business and bring in foreign investment.”

Speaking further, Arkwright also predicted that in a few years, Lagos
would become a major global economic centre, while Nigeria would emerge
one of the three biggest countries in the world.

He also disclosed that the British Embassy had started special services. According to him, visa applicants could get their visa on the same day or
within five days of application.

The embassy also reduced the maximum turnaround time for all classes
of visa application to 15 days.

“We have introduced a same day visa service – at a cost – for visas in
Nigeria. We have also introduced a service that means you get a visa
within five days, at a lower cost than the same day process.

‘’Our turnaround time for all other visas is 15 days. The key thing,
however, is that all visitors to the UK, whether they are from Nigeria or
anywhere else, must respect the law and the length of time their visa says
they can stay in the UK,” the High Commissioner said.

“In 2016, around 140,000 Nigerians applied for visas to the UK.
Of those that applied for student visas, 90 percent were successful.

"For those that applied for other visas, around 70 percent were
successful. There are as many as 250,000 Nigerian nationals or dual
Nigerian-British nationals living in the UK at the moment

"Some claim the total Nigerian diaspora in the UK is well over a million.
We want Nigerians to come to the UK. They come to do business, to
study, to see family and to invest in our economy,’’
he added.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/25/nigeria-will-third-biggest-country-world-2050-britain/

Quite a loaded statement, don't you think??
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by Smellymouth: 10:18am On Apr 25, 2017

Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by Aufbauh(m): 10:18am On Apr 25, 2017
This is the same vision some of us saw and believe that the Nigeria project will work.

Irrespective of present challenges and odds against us Nigeria shall surely rise amongst the comity of nations.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by bosco2017: 10:20am On Apr 25, 2017
Only if Nigeria ll be there by the yr 2050

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by SirMichael1: 10:21am On Apr 25, 2017
cc lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by three: 10:23am On Apr 25, 2017
Large Population can be a plus or a deadly minus
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by Bossontop(m): 10:26am On Apr 25, 2017
shocked shocked
U mean am?? Even with d way tins are going....rotflmao

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by KOBOJO: 10:32am On Apr 25, 2017
Lets see how the Arewa and Oduduwa nations will achieve this feat without the Biafrans...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by Nbote(m): 10:40am On Apr 25, 2017
Na all dat one dem take dey give us hope while continually undermining our progress on code.. Dat was how we were we told we are d leaders of tomorrow...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by redsun(m): 10:42am On Apr 25, 2017
It is a no brainer. But not when malu headers that doesn't have the cognitive ability of early men are in charge
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by SirMichael1: 10:55am On Apr 25, 2017
But the comments up there sha. You guys don't even have a single hope for Nigeria or what?
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by richol(m): 10:57am On Apr 25, 2017
Thats the only responsibility the hausa/fulani‘s have in nigeria. They use money of the southerners to develop their families to the 5th generation and hope that someday the population of their region will be large enough to claim the majority in nigeria. I advice that we youths should open our eyes and act today. Any opportunity of leadership you have please grab it and do your all keeping in mind the better future for all and not our today or our stomachs.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by Odingo1: 10:59am On Apr 25, 2017
[/b]Nonsense, that is what they will say to keep on stealing Nigerian resources[b].
Why did they break away from EU and Scotland is breaking away from them.
yeye.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by redsun(m): 11:00am On Apr 25, 2017
richol:
Thats the only responsibility the hausa/fulani‘s have in nigeria. They use money of the southerners to develop their region and hope that someday their population will be large enough to claim the majority in nigeria. I advice that we youths should open our eyes and act today. Any opportunity of leadership you have please grab it and do your all keeping in mind the better future for all and not our today or our stomachs.

Develop what? Almajirins or mosques?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by Etogist: 11:02am On Apr 25, 2017
Watch how some zombies will believe this crap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by Emmaoga: 11:06am On Apr 25, 2017
TELEPHONE CONVERSATION BTW LADIES:
Mary: Hello luv
Sarah: Hi babes, how r u 2dy?
Mary: Am fine dear, I'v missed u a lot
Sarah: Me too
Mary: I'm calling jst to inform u dat I'll pay
u a visit dis afternoon
Sarah: Okay my dear, it'll b a great pleasure.
Will be expecting u sweety.
AFTER DROPPING THE CALL
Mary: I'm going 2 visit dt dirty girl again
Sarah: this witch is coming here again, she
thinks I'll buy her drink with my money
again, she must be joking.
TELEPHONE CONVERSATION BTW GUYS
John: Bastard how far?
Francis: mad man I dey, how ur drunkard
father?
John: my papa dey. Ur extra large mama
nkor?
Francis: u b fool O. How far, u dey house? I
dey come charge my phone
John: okay, no wahala, bring money come
make we drink beer O.
Francis: idiot like u, later na.
AFTER DROPPING THE CALL
John: dt Francis can be very funny at times
but always great companion
Francis: john is such a reliable friend. Make
i check make sure say enof booze dey O
CONCLUSION: girls are always nice 2 each
other but they never like themselves
Guys are always mean and rude but they
will always have each others back

USA & BRITAIN ARE LIKE GIRLS TO NIGERIA.

HOPE IS FOR FREE, LET'S KEEP HOPING.

And to the mod that banned me, this is for you

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by seunisevil: 11:08am On Apr 25, 2017
Evil Britain trying to deceive the one nigerianist
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by Noneroone(m): 11:20am On Apr 25, 2017
This ambassador should go and secure appointment with guiness or any other brewing company and stop disgracing UK.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by Ojiofor: 8:53pm On Jun 26, 2020
Them just they give us false hope in order to remain united in this fraud they created.
How can Nigeria be among the biggest 3 economy when Bubu and crew are still looting in 2020?
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by toolovely(m): 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2020
They don shift am to 2050 now? By 2050 they will say 2100
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2020
Lol all these state there is absolutely no way Nigeria can be 100 million even

Just take a look at Lagos State ...only about 50%is developed ...the rest is bush .....it's smaller than London ...with far more high-rise building and almost same size as new York ...with far more high rise building and space management ...

Yet they want me to believe Lagos is bigger than london and new York combined
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
Big for nothing...
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by CYBERWEAVER(m): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
All good for them
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by Lekute: 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
Yeye people who is deceiving who.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by proeast(m): 8:48am On Jun 27, 2020
Lol, by then it will contain 80% of the world's poor. They should continue having births like rabbits.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by sapientia(m): 9:21am On Jun 27, 2020
joke taken too far
Re: Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) by Olominira(m): 9:39am On Jun 27, 2020
This is a fact

(1) (Reply)

ACF Tackles Akande, Falana Over Comments On Buhari’ Health / Chief Osita Chidoka Makes A Brief Stopover At Stanel Oil Awka / Yoruba Is No Coward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.