Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria (34870 Views)

Car Models From The Same And Different Brands That Share The Same Platforms / Top 12 Least Expensive Cars To Maintain In Nigeria / See The Car Brands That Have The Most Loyal Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by swtdrms(m): 7:35am On Apr 26, 2017
Autojosh, am sorry to say this. You are threading on the path of the kazeems. The same bullshit they've always told us is what you are saying. I've used Honda, BMW and now using Peugeot. I heeded kazeems' advice and went for Honda as my first car and saw hell, for the second car, I went against their advice and went for BMW and I enjoyed it. As its parts are very durable, and when they break down you can still continue driving your car and it won't just stop like that. And my present Peugeot 406, a very considerable and understanding car. I have a friend who also bought Honda of recent and regretting it. He has concluded not to ever go for Honda again. My rule of thumb is; European cars are the best.

Has anyone taken notice, when you go to mechanic workshop, you'll find less than 30% of cars under repair to be European cars, if you've not, start observing.

Ofcourse there are more Asia cars on the road but the percentage of European cars on the road is far more than 30%, how come we don't see more of them at the mechanic workshop? The answer, they don't breakdown as frequently as their Asia counterpart.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 26, 2017
Nice analysis
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 26, 2017
Nice analysis.Check my signature.
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by teepea(m): 7:38am On Apr 26, 2017
who tell u say Lexus easy to maintain? dat brand will use u 2 chop by the time they tell u "u knw it's a luxury brand" #gbam u don enter am b dat.
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by Abee79(m): 7:41am On Apr 26, 2017
OP na wa for you O! You just posted pishure with no statistics and you want us to believe your post?
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by MrBully: 7:41am On Apr 26, 2017
Some Volkswagen cars are easy to maintain like Golf. But, Op, why did you skip Nissan Maxima? That car is so useless and hard to maintain I gave it away freely.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by laiza(m): 7:42am On Apr 26, 2017
Ogah Ade I don't know what your basis of argument is but Honda cars are not easy to maintain at all. At least not from the Honda from year '03 upwards. Lexus is the same as Toyota and their parts are interchangeable. Hyundai is not even supposed to be on that list at all! Hyundai and kIA have no spare parts in the open market. E be like those cars never do you strong thing before.
Try cars like Suzuki, Nissan, Volkswagen, even Ford can be maintained with an average income. BMW and Benz are not for salary earners.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by oyienootieno: 7:43am On Apr 26, 2017
nurey:
i think you are very very unfair to some like
mitsubishi
suzuki

there are some cars that are available in nigeria that are extremely cheap to maintain because their parts dont get damaged easily.

Brother he used the word "Popular " those two brands you mentioned were only popular before and not recent times.
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by King1990(m): 7:44am On Apr 26, 2017
AkProsper:
Is Lexus really cheap to maintain? Although I've not used it before.
meanwhile, check my signature

it's not o
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by fuckboys: 7:45am On Apr 26, 2017
TroubleMaker47:
Mercedes easy to maintain
Just bash only the side mirror let ikokwu boys tell u cost of the spare part!
learn to read and comprehend

1 Like

Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by bongo007(m): 7:46am On Apr 26, 2017
Suko110:
Lexus is never cheap to maintain ooo, and Benz expensive to maintain ? Iyamnotunderatanding
...yeah lexus is cheaper dan benz to maintain. lexus is just like toyota..toyota are d once producing lexus now
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by krak101(m): 7:46am On Apr 26, 2017
ayindejimmy:

And WHY?
You need to explain, please.
Must you be Spoon fed Please use your common sense. Thank you
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by Suko110(m): 7:48am On Apr 26, 2017
bongo007:
...yeah lexus is cheaper dan benz to maintain. lexus is just like toyota..toyota are d once producing lexus now
Not recent Lexus product cuz dey are all computerized , I knw what it is
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by symbianDON(m): 7:49am On Apr 26, 2017
from personal experience, I can never recommend a Land rover LR3 to anyone. that car rub me pepper for eye!...I no know who send me go wash engine, na so they useless box no gree move again!....it was starting alright but with error diagnosis on the screen and it entered limp mode, preventing the vehicle from moving by locking the rear wheels! like play like play, it took cost about 400k to fix.....how much be the car sef?? 06 LR3....stup..id box of wahala

3 Likes

Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by Hades2016(m): 7:50am On Apr 26, 2017
Mercedes-Benz and land rover got me laughing
.. Try bash the light just one side make u hear price wa those ladipo boys go bill u

1 Like

Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by oyienootieno: 7:50am On Apr 26, 2017
swtdrms:
Autojosh, am sorry to say this. You are threading on the path of the kazeems. The same bullshit they've always told us is what you are saying. I've used Honda, BMW and now using Peugeot. I heeded kazeems' advice and went for Honda as my first car and saw hell, for the second car, I went against their advice and went for BMW and I enjoyed it. As its parts are very durable, and when they break down you can still continue driving your car and it won't just stop like that. And my present Peugeot 406, a very considerable and understanding car. I have a friend who also bought Honda of recent and regretting it. He has concluded not to ever go for Honda again. My rule of thumb is; European cars are the best.

Has anyone taken notice, when you go to mechanic workshop, you'll find less than 30% of cars under repair to be European cars, if you've not, start observing.

Ofcourse there are more Asia cars on the road but the percentage of European cars on the road is far more than 30%, how come we don't see more of them at the mechanic workshop? The answer, they don't breakdown as frequently as their Asia counterpart.

Different strok for different folks.. I have used 4 models of Honda Models and sincerely am Planning to move to the newly shaped saloon. Very pocket friendly to mentain and durable. Though i also have a C Class benz i used during weekends.
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 7:51am On Apr 26, 2017
nurey:
mitsubishi
suzuki

there are some cars that are available in nigeria that are extremely cheap to maintain because their parts dont get damaged easily.

Suzuki cars are not very popular in Nigeria
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by samdav925: 8:00am On Apr 26, 2017
Aba what abt that car wey one man made with pako
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:01am On Apr 26, 2017
OP must be high...... MERCEDES BENZ is one of the cheapest cars to maintain judging from the fact that the parts are not only readily available and cheap but also, once you change a certain part, you might as well forget about ever changing it. That is if you buy original parts.... Compare it with the amount you will spend on constant changing of one part in other cars over and over again...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by MayhorE(m): 8:02am On Apr 26, 2017
nurey:
mitsubishi
suzuki

Abi o, like NISSAN
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by willibounce1(m): 8:05am On Apr 26, 2017
laiza:
Ogah Ade I don't know what your basis of argument is but Honda cars are not easy to maintain at all. At least not from the Honda from year '03 upwards. Lexus is the same as Toyota and their parts are interchangeable. Hyundai is not even supposed to be on that list at all! Hyundai and kIA have no spare parts in the open market. E be like those cars never do you strong thing before.
Try cars like Suzuki, Nissan, Volkswagen, even Ford can be maintained with an average income. BMW and Benz are not for salary earners.

When you guys talk about BMW and Mercedes, you need to let people know that it's not the old school BMW or Mercedes-Benz. It's the recent ones that are tough to maintain.
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 8:06am On Apr 26, 2017
AkProsper:
Is Lexus really cheap to maintain? Although I've not used it before.
meanwhile, check my signature
Lexus is even xpenssive to maintain in the EU .
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by shadeyinka(m): 8:10am On Apr 26, 2017
miketayo:

Because our mechanics replaces lexus broken parts with Toyota parts

Lexus is owned by Toyota...and many parts including engines are interchangeable.
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 8:12am On Apr 26, 2017
symbianDON:
from personal experience, I can never recommend a Land rover LR3 to anyone. that car rub me pepper for eye!...I no know who send me go wash engine, na so they useless box no gree move again!....it was starting alright but with error diagnosis on the screen and it entered limp mode, preventing the vehicle from moving by locking the rear wheels! like play like play, it took cost about 400k to fix.....how much be the car sef?? 06 LR3....stup..id box of wahala
Nxt time clean ur Engine with your own hand and install
Splash guard
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by swtdrms(m): 8:26am On Apr 26, 2017
oyienootieno:

Different strok for different folks.. I have used 4 models of Honda Models and sincerely am Planning to move to the newly shaped saloon. Very pocket friendly to mentain and durable. Though i also have a C Class benz i used during weekends.

Exactly, but I've hardly seen anyone complain about their European Car. From gulf series to Benz/BMW, coupled with my bolded point.
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by Webbians: 8:34am On Apr 26, 2017
To know other more expensive and less expensive care and know why their are expensive, visit www.javaprince.com
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by nurey(m): 8:38am On Apr 26, 2017
Kobicove:

Suzuki cars are not very popular in Nigeria

And who told you that, Suzuki popular in my state Lagos. The SX4,Swift, vitara, jimny
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by nurey(m): 8:39am On Apr 26, 2017
oyienootieno:

Brother he used the word "Popular " those two brands you mentioned were only popular before and not recent times.

Who tell you, do you transverse ikorodu at all. If not go there and see what Lancer does there. Though their new model may not be too popular
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by iwriterng(m): 8:49am On Apr 26, 2017
miketayo:

Because our mechanics replaces lexus broken parts with Toyota parts

Lexus is owned by Toyota.
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by MrOreo(m): 8:56am On Apr 26, 2017
megrimor:
What about DANGOTE Truck?
Not truck my friend!

Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by oyienootieno: 9:02am On Apr 26, 2017
nurey:

Who tell you, do you transverse ikorodu at all. If not go there and see what Lancer does there. Though their new model may not be too popular

Thanks for the info. Am based in Abuja.
Re: 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria by donshaddow(m): 9:05am On Apr 26, 2017
This list is shit without Chevrolet! Anybody wanting to buy that car should have a third-thought! Not second thought.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man's Car Submerged By Flood In Benin After First Rainfall Of The Year. Photos / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport / The World Longest And Worst Traffic Jam Ever In History-lasted 12 Days- VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.