Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision (52528 Views)

Wife Files For Divorce Over Husband's Big Manhood In Zamfara (Photo) / Woman Exposes Her Husband Who Got Married To Another Woman Last Week / Nigerian Husband Brutalizes His Pretty Wife As She Seeks For Divorce. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Pritypussi(f): 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2017
repogirl:
fudge off!

your stories are all over sister, stop pretending
wrap your advice and shove it up where the sun don't shine
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Templa(m): 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2017
My dear poster, silence works wonders..no wonder they say silence is golden..the damage has been done..you still love your wife and its only her mums action that drove u crazy..what you need now is damage control .. Call your wife back, settle amicably.. forget the wedding and how much u spent .. what matters is the wedding ring..love your family take care of your family don't even talk to your inlaws, then watch them come back to beg for your attention..give them attention after 5yrs..ofcos you were building your own family with those 5yrs..take care

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by raphroye: 12:53pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
Dear members...i am of the type that says NO to bringing marital shortcomings to the social media but I just realized why others do so.
I formerly got married on Tuesday 18th April but we are already headed for a bitter divorce.

To cut the story short, the whole issue started at the ground of our traditional marriage(Igba Nkwu).
On arriving her dad's compound, I was stunned to realize her mother didn't make the provisions of which I paid her for.
The DJ wasn't on ground, the canopies were just 3 and looking dirty, the chairs were not up to half of what i paid for. There was no light, no microphone, no decorations, the few food cooked were not served to guest and I was devastated.
Out of anger and dissappointment, I started lashing out at my wife and she broke down in tears begging me for forgiveness.
We managed to forge ahead till the the ceremony ended and we headed for my house.
As our tradition demands, the newly married bride sees off her Aso ebis and return in the evening same day to welcome visitors. But alas, my wife went and never came back till Friday evening.

I queried her on her whereabout only for her reply in a harsh manner saying "where do you expect me to be", don't make me angry"
God!! I couldn't believe it as it made me more mad in anger so I asked her to return to wherever she's coming from and leave our son behind(yes we already a year and 10 months old son). I actually made this decision to save face else how do I clarify the absence of my wife and son to visitors and well-wishers trooping in to see them?
She hurriedly dashed into the room and picked her phone and stormed out of the house. Now her mother is accussing me of taking her daughter's son from her and stripping her of her belongings.

Now my wife is saying she's no longer interested in the marriage likewise her people(her father is late). I am still fuming with anger that I am at loss of what to do. I am not prepared to raise my son alone neither do I want him to be raised by her mother alone.

Should I initiate a peace move and apologize to her or should I move on with life.....I am seriously confused and fuming with anger that I was shortchanged and offended and still expected to offer apologies.
I'm not here to judge you, but I'm pretty sure you've been having issues like this before the marriage, you were just hoping she would change. I'm sorry to hear about your story, but if you wanna live long you gotta let her go. That's my candid advise to you bro

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by LekkiG: 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2017
OP, don't start what you cannot continue, any wife that cannot control her self when the hubby Is shouting is ..., though u shouted out of anger and a way to express ur feelings, ur wife should understand the situation at hand and control things (u really need to work on ur anger though).

seek the wisdom of God here.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by HARDDON: 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
If your story is complete and true then your wife is entirely to blame. Although, I think fuming at her to save face was unnecessary and poorly managed. You know women are proud beings and hate being attacked even when they are wrong.

But, you can't risk loosing your marriage for the sake of pride and "saving face". Infact, if your marriage breaks down after just one week together, you'll have no face at all how much more one to save. You have to loosen up, swallow your high standards, and play the fool for the sake of your marriage before things get out of hand. Apologise to her and her family telling them, the stress of the whole event got to you and you're sorry you managed the situation poorly. Do this in the interest of peace and forget about rightness or wrong. After all, it's your marriage to keep, not theirs' or anyone else's.

What an outter RUBBISH POST !
After marriage, wify went awol for 4 days , no news of her where about , came back with no explanation n he is d one to appologise to save the marriage n begin his marriage woes? Op make that mistake n watch how shE wud turn u to a house help in ur own house soon!

So women r proud being n men are not? Who should even be proud here? A gurl that has dropped 1 or a guy that was honourable enuf to wify her?

there is no interest of peace here: just shame of balls n lost of control.
Imagine d effontery she spoke with! Her mother must b d brain behind this.

Op, we dont go into marriage out of pity , we dont marry to compensate, heck! we dont marry to save face
We marry cos of compactability, level of understanding n flow, care n friendship( openness)

It is very obvious u married for d wrong reasons.

Saving Face has done u more harm than good!
Now itz time to man up n face life squarely.

I wud NEVER advise Divorce nida wud i advise u roll over n be fvcked like a duck by a woman cos u wano save face! You need to ignore her n live. TRain ur son alone if that is what it takes.
Ignore her n i can tell u she wud come to her senses , if she has one, ignoring d advise of her mother, n come to beg.

Remember: the way u lay ur bed , u lie on it. If you take d wrong step here, you have lost ur God given role as d head.

Rich Regards
Don

5 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by achieverme(m): 12:56pm On Apr 26, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
If your story is complete and true then your wife is entirely to blame. Although, I think fuming at her to save face was unnecessary and poorly managed. You know women are proud beings and hate being attacked even when they are wrong.

But, you can't risk loosing your marriage for the sake of pride and "saving face". Infact, if your marriage breaks down after just one week together, you'll have no face at all how much more one to save. You have to loosen up, swallow your high standards, and play the fool for the sake of your marriage before things get out of hand. Apologise to her and her family telling them, the stress of the whole event got to you and you're sorry you managed the situation poorly. Do this in the interest of peace and forget about rightness or wrong. After all, it's your marriage to keep, not theirs' or anyone else's.

And how long will he have to continue playing the fool? For the rest of his life?

3 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by alfa0: 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
Dear members...i am of the type that says NO to bringing marital shortcomings to the social media but I just realized why others do so.
I formerly got married on Tuesday 18th April but we are already headed for a bitter divorce.

To cut the story short, the whole issue started at the ground of our traditional marriage(Igba Nkwu).
On arriving her dad's compound, I was stunned to realize her mother didn't make the provisions of which I paid her for.
The DJ wasn't on ground, the canopies were just 3 and looking dirty, the chairs were not up to half of what i paid for. There was no light, no microphone, no decorations, the few food cooked were not served to guest and I was devastated.
Out of anger and dissappointment, I started lashing out at my wife and she broke down in tears begging me for forgiveness.
We managed to forge ahead till the the ceremony ended and we headed for my house.
As our tradition demands, the newly married bride sees off her Aso ebis and return in the evening same day to welcome visitors. But alas, my wife went and never came back till Friday evening.

I queried her on her whereabout only for her reply in a harsh manner saying "where do you expect me to be", don't make me angry"
God!! I couldn't believe it as it made me more mad in anger so I asked her to return to wherever she's coming from and leave our son behind(yes we already a year and 10 months old son). I actually made this decision to save face else how do I clarify the absence of my wife and son to visitors and well-wishers trooping in to see them?
She hurriedly dashed into the room and picked her phone and stormed out of the house. Now her mother is accussing me of taking her daughter's son from her and stripping her of her belongings.

Now my wife is saying she's no longer interested in the marriage likewise her people(her father is late). I am still fuming with anger that I am at loss of what to do. I am not prepared to raise my son alone neither do I want him to be raised by her mother alone.

Should I initiate a peace move and apologize to her or should I move on with life.....I am seriously confused and fuming with anger that I was shortchanged and offended and still expected to offer apologies.

Any attempt to beg her and her family means you have lost the control of your home from day 1.
am still thinking of the best advice to give you.but please don't go and beg if your story is true.
but wait ,don't you have elders from your family ?. what are the saying about the whole mess. abi is this a city arranged marriage ?.
this situation needs serious counseling and advice from experienced people.

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by AuroraB(f): 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2017
PaulKillerman:

Your problem is summed up in one word ANGER , bro , u are quick to it, you have to work on it before it completely consumes you;

On the other hand; if u wanna remain unmarried like us, (that see women as tools meant to be only forked ) please be my guest and take a front row...
His anger was in order, biko. Who does a terrible thing like that if not a shameless thief angry
How could they mess up an occasion he's paid for. I'd find that unforgivable angry
Shows they got no regard for the man sad

4 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by bidexmat(m): 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2017
ikp120:
Oga simply go to court and demand for your money back and dump her proud useless ass.

Contact your lawyer immediately and proceed on how to get your money back. angry angry angry
tell am o! I detest when men behave like sissies. All these little things he's been advised to overlook might propell him to an early grave. Na yeye tins deh bring cardiac arrest.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by suso(m): 12:58pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hope sey you no join post pre wedding photos for here
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 26, 2017
catlova2:
What wud anyone expect from someone with ur kinda moniker. Shows how senseless u can b.

You are a bastard. No doubts about that
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by HARDDON: 12:59pm On Apr 26, 2017
bidexmat:
tell am o! I detest when men behave like sissies. All these little things he's been advised to overlook might propell him to an early grave. Na yeye tins deh bring cardiac arrest.

Spot on!
We havent even asked what killed d gurl's dad...... see?
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by sistar007(m): 1:02pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

[size=14pt]Is She From Mbaise[/size]
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by omooba969(m): 1:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
Abiagirl777:

nnam forgive them,it is only poverty and greed that would spur such.that's how the mbano girl and her family my bro married couldn't account for the money for the trad; no food no water and guests were arriving. if not for the food my ppl came with,it almost ended in a fight.
even Omugwo ,the mother said my bro has to bring drinks to inform her officially that her daughter has given birth,my bro told her to forget and my mum later went.she came 1 mth later after she waited for drinks and got tired.
It is now you put your feet down and say how you want your marriage to be,if not you go tire everyday.

Igbo people!

2 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by BigBrother9ja: 1:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

God!!
I couldn't believe it as it made me more mad in anger so I asked her to return to wherever she's coming from and leave our son behind(yes we already a year and 10 months old son). I actually made this decision to save face else how do I clarify the absence of my wife and son to visitors and well-wishers trooping in to see them?

What nonsense is this?
I dont believe your story... Are you trying to say that your wife was away for days and you two didnt communicate ? even on phone?

2 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by imam07: 1:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
If a family is bad it is bad. There is nothing u can do about it. My friend calm down and think to decide d next better option b4 is too late. Most of married women now are days got married not because they love the husband and his family.She is showing u pepper now but nobody sees u. I pray she change in time but if she doesn't,it my lead to another domestic violence like what we read on nairaland yesterday. Whereby the husband killed the wife. So therefore,if u want to avoid people calling u a murderer in d future, you better quit now. Because if it is true about what u said about her. There is no how u will not pick a cutlass one day to kill her. And if it happens, people will overlook how she have been showing you pepper. You mother in-law is the devil and she gave birth to a devil daughter.
I believe she is the one that killed her husband. If you don't want history to repeat itself,pls run like Forest Gump.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by omooba969(m): 1:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
last35:
Karma is just a bitch! You short changed and disgraced your inlaws by impregnating their daughter before the normal stuffs... Why will day waste money on the marriage of after 1??

You don't make sense with your comment. How does 'two wrongs make a right?' undecided

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by BigBrother9ja: 1:06pm On Apr 26, 2017
[s]
Fifthcolumnist:

[/s]
Complete NONSENSE!

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by imam07: 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2017
BigBrother9ja:

What nonsense is this?
I dont believe your story... Are you trying to say that your wife was away for days and you two didnt communicate ? even on phone?
Are u a man? If u are, try to be in his shoe b4 u can judge.Did she not know that she supposed to be with her husband. That is common sense.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
Op saw this while living with her but he ignored because the girl is beautiful to resist.

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by dadexcel: 1:11pm On Apr 26, 2017
kelechiodo:

OP mistake has been made and it is time to make amend. Just apologise to her and her family and take your wife home. As time goes on, she will know the head of the family. Mistakes I notice are

1. It seems you paid the money many months early. That is wrong. You pay two weeks or at most a month before the d day to avoid money being used for other things. Money in the hands of in-law are usually "our own". If you paid two months before the day, make sure you go the your prospective in-laws place 4-3 days before the d-day to know if there is any leaking avenue. The answer is usually yes and you cough out a liitle amount to cover the place.

2. Your anger is too short and expressive. While going for the Igbankwu, please carry some drinks that will be enough for your own people incase things started happening somehow. Serve your people the drinks and then take them home at the end of the day to serve food. You must cook "community food" in your house that day.

3. Expressing your frustration to your wife the same day is no no for me. You would have calmed down and talk to her a week after or simply ignored the whole matter but kept it as a memory on how your mil is not good at keeping money.

Lastly, remember, Igbankwu is for the in-laws whereas the white wedding is yours.

Please for the sake of your marriage, work on your anger and pride. Women hardly fear and respect a shouting man but the ones whose silence and behaviour they cant predict.
............ Great advise... God bless you my dear. You ve said it all.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Bills2307(m): 1:11pm On Apr 26, 2017
God go help u bro. One sentence for d wise men out der

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Gudfrie(m): 1:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
sisisioge:
This one just weak me. What are your own people saying about the whole thing? Sometimes, marriage really do mess things, right? Weren't you living well as man, woman and child before? Whew! I think something isn't right about her family, you might need to have a mediator assist you with this. Nobody here will advise you to divorce your wife o.

However, if you really don't mind hearing one undiluted truth here though, that family you married into is wacky! A straight recipe for disaster sad .Brace yourself, it will happen eventually.

Seconded n in addition after peace with her n d family ,move her away to a faaaaaar place where it will not be easy for her mother n family members to visit. For as long as she is seeing her mother often, your marriage will still be in turmoil.......tx

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by omooba969(m): 1:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
Nazeren:
Flatheadds and their treacherous attitude. I'm not surprised. The average igbo's love for money will make him steal, kill and backstab

3 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by chinnasa: 1:14pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hmmm, your reason to marry her in the first place is questionable "Married to save face". not love . Traditional wedding without marriage class or counselling. My brother you have no deal what you entered.

You don't need to be the lord in marriage, you are the 'Groom' groom your wife in love not anger.

A foundation that was faulty from the onset hmmm.

Be silence for now and pray, work on yourself and anger. She will come.

2 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
imam07:
If a family is bad it is bad. There is nothing u can do about it. My friend calm down and think to decide d next better option b4 is too late. Most of married women now are days got married not because they love the husband and his family.She is showing u pepper now but nobody sees u. I pray she change in time but if she doesn't,it my lead to another domestic violence like what we read on nairaland yesterday. Whereby the husband killed the wife. So therefore,if u want to avoid people calling u a murderer in d future, you better quit now. Because if it is true about what u said about her. There is no how u will not pick a cutlass one day to kill her. And if it happens, people will overlook how she have been showing you pepper. You mother in-law is the devil and she gave birth to a devil daughter.
I believe she is the one that killed her husband. If you don't want history to repeat itself,pls run like Forest Gump.
correct comment, people that can't take half of that are advising him to settle it, they can kill each other one day, marriage now is not for love, is just to have kid and bears someone's name. I see things every day myself as am not yet married.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by wasuka14(m): 1:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
I do say it every time that do no share ur marriage or family issues on NL only few normal ppl there is. Before u knw, u will beging to get various hillarious comments. Go and see relationship councilor or well respected leader of ur religion or ur tribe leaders for good advice.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Badgers14: 1:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
ikp120:
Oga simply go to court and demand for your money back and dump her proud useless ass.

Contact your lawyer immediately and proceed on how to get your money back. angry angry angry

@Op, The fight would be too ugly.. By the time you finish paying your lawyer, the trauma of filing a lawsuit .. You might as well swallow the expenses and move on with your life
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by bencarson007(m): 1:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

. Guy if u try any stupid peace moves, u would have successfully given her mom and ur wife ur mumu remote and trust me, u will regret it in the long run... Take it from me, u were short changed and they still expect u to come beg abi... Beg at ur own peril... Abeg ur anger is in line biko and ur wife no get respect for u... She is only playing the card of I have a baby for him and first son for that matter to hook u... Bros I be confirm warri boy...and yes I am very educated... Try this with me and u r toast... Forget civilization and all that rubbish abt being a gentleman. If she and her people don't come and apologise to u and she for storming out on U, put ur baby in a day care and get a divorce lawyer to do the needful... Forget about those saying u should save face... Its better u destroy the face of this wack sufferty one-chance family and build a more respectable one than having a beastly face later... If u like give them ur mumu remote, na u sabi... Sorry to say, if ur story is true, ur wife no get respect and I got zero chill for disrespect

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
Since you already have a child, why didn't you just do a quiet wedding at a marriage registry? undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by wacoj(m): 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
My brother do not consider divorce as an option for now.
Try all you can to make peace especially for your son's sake.

You really need to take time to understand your wife.
Be a man and tolerate certain things.

The first year of marriage is always more of studying and understanding ''The real you''.

My prayer is that you enjoy ur marriage like I do with mine and please dont see ur MIL as an enemy.
God bless you and save the situation in ur home!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

13-Year-Old Aba House Help Jumps Down From 2-Storey Building To Evade Punishment / Woman Who Sent Daughter N7.4M While Abroad, Returns Home To Find The Money Gone / African Nanny Saved Boss' Child In Lebanon Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.