Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision (52568 Views)

Wife Files For Divorce Over Husband's Big Manhood In Zamfara (Photo) / Woman Exposes Her Husband Who Got Married To Another Woman Last Week / Nigerian Husband Brutalizes His Pretty Wife As She Seeks For Divorce. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 26, 2017
dreamwords:
That lady is cheating in you

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Kosy79(f): 3:11pm On Apr 26, 2017
BabaCommander:

grin grin
Poor people are always hungry and angry. I understand you are frustrated.
One thing you need to understand though, is that it's not your fault that you were born poor, but it's not your fault to remain poor.
Fortunately, you can change your conditions by changing your attitude. Channel your anger into a MORE productive activity.
It's obvious u are stupid no doubts.

2 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by omooba969(m): 3:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
Longcucumber:
thank God we still have nigerians with complete brain set nice brain set you gat there.to the op for your own sake this is the only advise that you need to consider.

You know nada! grin

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by SirVintageCock: 3:14pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Go back and reread the post.

I asked her to leave the child behind so as not to give visitors the impression that my wife and son are nowhere to be found after marriage.
I actually knew she's in her mother's house but I needed her to explain what kept her long.
Damn if I care.
You sound so controlling by the way.

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by pchukwudi: 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
I think the girl may be having a family isdue you are not yet aware of. But somehow you are too impatient to figure it out.

Seriously, I think your lashing out on her on her traditional wedding day was too imature of you. You probably forgot that others who care about her (and probably know her better) were watching. Your action may have been interpreted as a huge red flag. And I believe it is.

In the final analysis, it's either you have errornously seen yourself as the girl's alpha and omega or you really feel she's a burden to you.

In any way, I will advice you to first admit rhat you have some serious personal anger issues which you must come to terms with and deal with BEFORE anything else.

Good luck.

BuariCopyPaste:
Lalasticlala ........ Please I need wider view so as to gather ideas

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Werehkpe: 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2017
This is a serious matter o.

I suggest u stay clear of her and her family. When reality dawns on her she will come back humble to beg you knowing she has learnt a lesson.
I also dont think you should start any divorce process. Marriages all have bumps here and there. By the power vested in you by God you are the head of the family and ONLY you have the responsibility to the final decision you want to direct your family to. Not her family as long as you have fulfilled all requirements o.

Again, marriage is about compromising. It seems your wife is hot tempered. You should be slow to anger but strong in any decision you take.

I pray God gives you d direction and you make d right choice here. Blessing be upon you and your household.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Kosy79(f): 3:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
Apollux:

Sorry to disagree with u sir. What u just suggested is not a solution. How long will he continue to play the full and apologize to the wife when is the one wrong?
I'd suggest that the op takes his time out to really investigate this issue. Something else is involved here and he needs to find out before taking a decision.
If the marriage wont work, it will not no matter the amount of apologies he tender. Well I think he should involve his family, present the matter to them and see their response.
I support u, i feel the marraige isn't right for them probably two of them aren't meant to marry, how can the lady leave the house for 2-3 days without letting her newly hubby to know about her whereabout? And when she was asked about her whereabout she responded "Where did he expect her to be" according to the Op. The lady need to apologise first that's my own point.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
Forget all the aso ebis, parties and fun fares for a minute and ask yourself this honest question, does she make me happy? Is she a good mother to my son? Herein lies the answer to your question.

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Werehkpe: 3:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
If your story is complete and true then your wife is entirely to blame. Although, I think fuming at her to save face was unnecessary and poorly managed. You know women are proud beings and hate being attacked even when they are wrong.

But, you can't risk loosing your marriage for the sake of pride and "saving face". Infact, if your marriage breaks down after just one week together, you'll have no face at all how much more one to save. You have to loosen up, swallow your high standards, and play the fool for the sake of your marriage before things get out of hand. Apologise to her and her family telling them, the stress of the whole event got to you and you're sorry you managed the situation poorly. Do this in the interest of peace and forget about rightness or wrong. After all, it's your marriage to keep, not theirs' or anyone else's.

Its not about who is to blame here. its about saving a young marriage.

I dont think apologising to her family is the solution. Once you do this. U are likely to encounter similar situation in future. So fight the battle well from the beginning. U can apologize to her alone and not her family. Once she returns home. U guys should have a long friendly chat. Its both of you that will build your family and not her family and you. For all u know it might be her family making her act the way she did and so apologising to them is giving them the upper hand.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Omoboy(m): 3:25pm On Apr 26, 2017
Good questions Op answer. In my opinion you knew the way they are and you should have monitored things to the letter. You fall their hand bigtime

46arcadez:

Did u monitor the traditional wedding preparation or have some have someone on ground to make sure everything is in place?

Did u give them detailed information on how u want the event ground to be decorated?

Did she call u while she was still in her parent house to tell u what was delaying her?

Did u call her also to ask what was keeping her?

U must not marry ur baby mama but how were you people living before the traditional marriage? I mean were u people living in peace and harmony? if yes I will advise u to calm down and talk sense into her. But for her and her families to say that they are not interested in the union again, I advise u to hold onto the little boy, forget the past cuz they have another richer guy that has promised to marry her.
I guess their family is not all that rich
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by BALLOSKI: 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2017
@buaricopypaste

Don't take my advice please. I'm mad as well and won't give you the right advice.

If it happened to me, I won't cut the marital tie. But I won't call her back neither am I going to apologize. If she comes back , fine! If she doesn't, fine! My happiness and survival won't depend on anyone.

I don't know what women want us to do. Let her her go to see if it's easy to find a man who's ready to settle down.

She's after one; let her try and see if any man will take her seriously.

Don't beg her , she'd come back by herself.

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 26, 2017
Werehkpe:

I dont think apologising to her family is the solution. Once you do this. U are likely to encounter similar situation in future. So fight the battle well from the beginning. U can apologize to her alone and not her family. Once she returns home. U guys should have a long friendly chat. Its both of you that will build your family and not her family and you. For all u know it might be her family making her act the way she did and so apologising to them is giving them the upper hand.

I only said apologise to them so cos I think the lady is being influenced heavily by the family especially the mother. The apology in this case would only be a ploy to deescalate the situation at the moment.

Once she's back, I would advise the guy to put his foot down and talk sense to his wife about the future of their relationship. She needs to alienate herself from that kind of mother if not the marriage is gone. Cos I don't quite see the lady herself as bad person. It's just the mother
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by BabaCommander: 3:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
Kosy79:
It's obvious u are stupid no doubts.
grin grin
You have a couple of things in common with the op: pathological anger born outta low self esteem.

You can hook up with him.....he can atleast afford to feed you with eba and buy a better footwear than that herdsmen rubber shoe you are putting on. grin
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by AdeniyiA(m): 3:30pm On Apr 26, 2017
They're actually dealing wt u for taking their daughter for 2yrs without performing your responsibility to them amd through out the 2yrs you did not take of them probably because you were saving money the event...
We need to hear their own side of the story

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by AceRoyal: 3:33pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

You may not be far from the truth on your first paragraph .....

But the second... lol
If you lower your standard, you will be used!
Your initial move will determine how they'll treat u.
Go beg and you'll always find yourself begging.

You have your shortcomings(anger) but your wife and her family might have a game plan.#MyOpinion
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Maxvasia(m): 3:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
baibrown:
Horrible woman to leave from Tuesday to Friday with no explanation. I'm sure you hurt her feelings very well but to leave for 3 nights you must not accept or you lose all power forever. Keep the child until she begs you to forgive her but don't forget to apologize first for hurting her on her wedding day.
You will live long. Nice one. I feel like giving u a hug. Peter please pass me two chilled bottles of Bailey's

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by omooba969(m): 3:36pm On Apr 26, 2017
Philpham:
Don't come to naira land looking for advice because all boys giving u advice here are neither in a relationship, or are not even married. And remember there are 2 sides of a story. As you have said yours which sounds very superficial, and I don't believe you are saying the whole truth, am sure there is something you must have done for this woman to disregard you and want to leave you potentially, so be honest here.

Marriage is very important and you need to reason with your head not your ego. If you were ready for this marriage in the first place you should have been responsible enough not to impregnate a girl before marrying her, you erred in that aspect, now you are a baby daddy and a baby daddy has no respect in the eyes of any family. If you divorce her then you become a single father and it will be hard for you to raise that child alone without a woman. If you even marry another woman, you run the risk of that child being abused by the second wife, and the child will grow up hating you for life.

Listen children will always gravitate to their mother and not towards their father, he will blame you when he grows up for chasing her mother away and may even kill you one day out of anger.
You are the head of this family, you need to grow up and man up. Stop acting like a child. Just because she came back late doesn't give u any right to shout at her, hence her leaving the house and causing you public shame. She may not like you that much either. So if you value your happiness you need to act like a leader, play it down , humble yourself , apologise and have a real heart to heart discussion with her, communication is the key.
Women can be very easy to please if you tell them what they want to hear.
If you let ego come in your way, believe me she will go and marry another man soon, am sure there is someone that satisfies her that much. So put you acts together and prove to her that you are the one.

And what is the essence of this epistle, why bother when there are more important issues of life.

Africans & bullsh!t are like Siamese twins. cool
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 26, 2017
catlova2:

u mean ur fada is dead or that ur moda was raped. Which 1 of those make u a bastard?
You already know which one makes you a bastard
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 26, 2017
Vikky014:

Your name is Saul not Paul. please don't bother to reply.
thank o
You
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by veneza(f): 3:43pm On Apr 26, 2017
OP if you are still reading,I am a young married lady ,I have to tell you the truth.
Your wife has not made up her mind to be fully settled, and her mother knows and supports.

she might have wanted it in the earlier stage but change is always constant. I have seen couples dated and live together for 12years from a young age but after a year of marriage with a little baby princess they had yet it didn't work out.
please cool yourself down and allow things go back to normal and go back to work, if she realise her wrong and come back home accept her with open hands,if other wise let her be and with time you will be able to know how best to tackle the issue,but don't feel bad about anything God knows the best.

3 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Omotayor123(f): 3:45pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

No sings really....We have actually lived for two years before officially getting married
I guess you must have enjoyed living together with her for you to make the marriage moves.
if she's good personally, forgive and forget the matter.

You guys should continue to live in peace and stay away from family issues.
plus, consider your son. I hate single parent ishh.

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Fearcom(m): 3:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

That was awesomely put..... thanks

You Haven't Found A Wife.

2 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Fearcom(m): 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
NotOfThis:
OP, it seems she and her family weren't interested in the marriage from the get-go.

Precisely

3 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by vislabraye(m): 4:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
Dear members...i am of the type that says NO to bringing marital shortcomings to the social media but I just realized why others do so.
I formerly got married on Tuesday 18th April but we are already headed for a bitter divorce.

To cut the story short, the whole issue started at the ground of our traditional marriage(Igba Nkwu).
On arriving her dad's compound, I was stunned to realize her mother didn't make the provisions of which I paid her for.
The DJ wasn't on ground, the canopies were just 3 and looking dirty, the chairs were not up to half of what i paid for. There was no light, no microphone, no decorations, the few food cooked were not served to guest and I was devastated.
Out of anger and dissappointment, I started lashing out at my wife and she broke down in tears begging me for forgiveness.
We managed to forge ahead till the the ceremony ended and we headed for my house.
As our tradition demands, the newly married bride sees off her Aso ebis and return in the evening same day to welcome visitors. But alas, my wife went and never came back till Friday evening.

I queried her on her whereabout only for her reply in a harsh manner saying "where do you expect me to be", don't make me angry"
God!! I couldn't believe it as it made me more mad in anger so I asked her to return to wherever she's coming from and leave our son behind(yes we already a year and 10 months old son). I actually made this decision to save face else how do I clarify the absence of my wife and son to visitors and well-wishers trooping in to see them?
She hurriedly dashed into the room and picked her phone and stormed out of the house. Now her mother is accussing me of taking her daughter's son from her and stripping her of her belongings.

Now my wife is saying she's no longer interested in the marriage likewise her people(her father is late). I am still fuming with anger that I am at loss of what to do. I am not prepared to raise my son alone neither do I want him to be raised by her mother alone.

Should I initiate a peace move and apologize to her or should I move on with life.....I am seriously confused and fuming with anger that I was shortchanged and offended and still expected to offer apologies.

You have every right to be angry as a result of the shabby arrangement of the traditional wedding. On the second occasion, she should have explained why she couldn't make it that same day. It show irresponsibility on her part( that's if what you're saying is true. There are 2 sides to a story).
You need to relax and call her. Speak to her why you got angry and see how she'll respond.

Funny thing is that, she should be the one to be eager to get married.

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by henocherry18: 4:10pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
Dear members...i am of the type that says NO to bringing marital shortcomings to the social media but I just realized why others do so.
I formerly got married on Tuesday 18th April but we are already headed for a bitter divorce.

To cut the story short, the whole issue started at the ground of our traditional marriage(Igba Nkwu).
On arriving her dad's compound, I was stunned to realize her mother didn't make the provisions of which I paid her for.
The DJ wasn't on ground, the canopies were just 3 and looking dirty, the chairs were not up to half of what i paid for. There was no light, no microphone, no decorations, the few food cooked were not served to guest and I was devastated.
Out of anger and dissappointment, I started lashing out at my wife and she broke down in tears begging me for forgiveness.
We managed to forge ahead till the the ceremony ended and we headed for my house.
As our tradition demands, the newly married bride sees off her Aso ebis and return in the evening same day to welcome visitors. But alas, my wife went and never came back till Friday evening.

I queried her on her whereabout only for her reply in a harsh manner saying "where do you expect me to be", don't make me angry"
God!! I couldn't believe it as it made me more mad in anger so I asked her to return to wherever she's coming from and leave our son behind(yes we already a year and 10 months old son). I actually made this decision to save face else how do I clarify the absence of my wife and son to visitors and well-wishers trooping in to see them?
She hurriedly dashed into the room and picked her phone and stormed out of the house. Now her mother is accussing me of taking her daughter's son from her and stripping her of her belongings.

Now my wife is saying she's no longer interested in the marriage likewise her people(her father is late). I am still fuming with anger that I am at loss of what to do. I am not prepared to raise my son alone neither do I want him to be raised by her mother alone.

Should I initiate a peace move and apologize to her or should I move on with life.....I am seriously confused and fuming with anger that I was shortchanged and offended and still expected to offer apologies.
You have a mum dnt you? That girl is not ready to change and I will advice you to move on with ur life cos is too early and since she has made up her so be it and pls take ur son to ur mum
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by killfear(m): 4:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
My brother, marriage your is more important than the ceremony, the decorations, the harsh response of your wife and whatever is making you angry.Call your wife, sit her down and resolve matters.Dont go to prove who was right, rather convince her on why peace should be. The journey is too long to start afresh and you are not even guaranteed perfection on a second try.Divorce is not the solution, it's a complication of the problem. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by henocherry18: 4:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
Werehkpe:

That girl may never change and her mum is another problem and I believe she listens to her mum a lot
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Kosy79(f): 4:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
BabaCommander:

grin grin
You have a couple of things in common with the op: pathological anger born outta low self esteem.

You can hook up with him.....he can atleast afford to feed you with eba and buy a better footwear than that herdsmen rubber shoe you are putting on. grin

Lol! U really went through my profile Well u are a nobody so i got no time to run through an irrelevant like you.

About those shoes trust me i can feed u and ur entire family with the price.

Poor forming rich guy i wonder where ur miserable self and wretched family hid when the forbes were counting the richest people lol i guess the poverty canopy helped.

Don't quote me again cos i tried by giving u 2minutes fame just go and enjoy the fame before it flare down.

2 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by rosalieene(f): 4:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

in summary, I think you have anger management issues which I believe you should work on.
Your wife was wrong but you shouldn't have shouted at her. Ooh! seems like u didn't call her to know her whereabouts. you should have done that on the day of the trad.

Someone like myself I don't like to be shouted out because I would end up using hurtful words on you that I might regret later.

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by crisisexpert321(m): 4:22pm On Apr 26, 2017
Kindly send a private mail or call. Everything will be well. Check signature
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by BabaCommander: 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
Kosy79:
Lol! U really went through my profile Well u are a nobody so i got no time to run through an irrelevant like you.

About those shoes trust me i can feed u and ur entire family with the price.

Poor forming rich guy i wonder where ur miserable self and wretched family hid when the forbes were counting the richest people lol i guess the poverty canopy helped.

Don't quote me again cos i tried by giving u 2minutes fame just go and enjoy the fame before it flare down.

Take a look at the door you are 'posing' with: -\\
A slave like you must always act like one no matter how mush you try to hide.
Concentrate your effort on defending people like the op, hopefully, one day you will see a damn frustrated one desperate enough to take you in to save you from the brothel you are trapped in.
We know your type.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by frubben(m): 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2017
limamintruth:

It's true they are suppose to have fully familiarize themselves & adapted to each other's personal traits at this point.

However, there's still nothing bad in requesting a partner to do away with a bad trait.

They both have every right to be angry with each other's behaviour as a couple. But they need to learn how to always reach a compromise after any disagreement between them. These issues do happen in marriage a lot. What matters is how the spouses handle their misunderstandings with love & wisdom.

So @Op needs to work things out with his wife please.

iff they have not come to a compromise dey will not hav be able to stay for that 2 years. Sometin external is involve for the babe to be acting I can't cope

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Tie Your Manhood With Rope If You Are Not Ready To Take Care Of A Child - Man / My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice / How Do Wives Whose Husbands Live Abroad Or Faraway Cope Without Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.