Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions Broken Down - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions Broken Down (695 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Signed By Jewish Rabbi & Enyinnaya Abaribe In Abuja (Photos) / 3 Likely Sureties Who May Stand In To Meet Nnamdi Kanu Bail Conditions / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions Broken Down by stanuplane(m): 3:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
For the non-lawyers, or should I say emergency Nairaland lawyers, this is for you.You have made a lot of noise over the Bail Conditions given to Nnamdi Kanu, and in your limited opinion, you consider the conditions too far reaching. According to you, that is according to your ignorance, you think Bail Conditions are generally a pat on the back hence the conditions given to Kanu are ridiculous or too harsh. What you do not know is the way the Criminal Justice System works in Nigeria. You do not know that someone who fought his neighbor over a debt of Two Thousand Naira is usually asked to provide Two Sureties with Landed Properties in a Capital of a State. You do not know that someone who was arrested upon an allegation of buying a stolen phone is requested to provide a surety who is a Level 13 Civil Servant not minding the fact that the person has his or her roots in farming at a remote village.Bail Conditions are generally not easy to meet. They are not free gifts. In truth, Kanu has easier Bail Conditions than 80% of my clients ever had. Unlike what you think, his conditions are not difficult to meet. I'll break it down:Conditions given to Nnamdi Kanu are very easy to meet, why the wailing?
1. He must not hold rallies.This is easy. This is a free gift!
2. He must not grant interviews.Again, this is easy to meet.
3. He must not be in a crowd of more than 10 people.Do I really need to say how easy this is to meet?
4. He must provide three sureties in the sum of N100 millioneach.Kanu is well connected. His Biafra is a large nation with resources. Dignitaries of many works of life have visited him in Prison. He can meet this condition easily. This is the easiest one!
5. One of the sureties must be a senior highly placed person of Igbo extraction such as a senator.Let's face facts, this is easy. He's well connected. C'mon, theguy is building a new country and breaking an existing one. Thousands protested when he was arrested.
6. The second surety must be a highlyrespected Jewish leader since Mr. Kanu said his religion is Judaism.Well, this may be challenging for him but he was the person that claimed to practice Judaism. He entertained us with several attires. Except he lied to court under oath - an offense that carries 14 years - he should be able to produce someone of his religious faith. If he didn't lie, especially as he is a man of integrity, he can produce several of these persons.
7. The third surety must be a highly respected person who owns landed property and isresident in Abuja.Again, he is well connected.8. The IPOB leader must deposit his Nigerian passport.Too easy!
9. He must also deposit his British passport with the court.Too easy!
10. He must provide the court with reports on the progress of his health and treatment on a monthly basis.Too easy.
Enough of the noisemaking. Kanu was given something close to a pat on his shoulders.
I rise!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions Broken Down by Maromark(m): 3:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
Na serious matter. even though I no read the details. front page wishes
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions Broken Down by ademega(m): 3:26pm On Apr 26, 2017
lol
my problem with him is that ,why did he lied that he was sick ? i have never seen fighter that wants to run away because of his health only criminals do that . i pity those unknown two guys.. they would suffer most . they would need to faint like 5 times in a day for 20days before they can be granted bail. so ,kanu was actually vomiting and shaking and that was proved in the court ...that guy don suffer .
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions Broken Down by Yorubasgreat(f): 3:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
ademega:
lol
my problem with him is that ,why did he lied that he was sick ? i have never seen fighter that wants to run away because of his health only criminals do that . i pity those unknown two guys.. they would suffer most . they would need to faint like 5 times in a day for 20days before they can be granted bail. so ,kanu was actually vomiting and shaking and that was proved in the court ...that guy don suffer .

Hay you there...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / A Youth Corp Member Declares 3 Days Fasting For Buhari (photos) / Senate Summons Amaechi For Omitting Eastern Rail Lines From Upgrade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.