Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! (2865 Views)

Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? / My Husband Is Igbo But I Can't Cook! / Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by creamdiva(f): 9:34pm On Jan 05, 2010
My guy doesnt complain(yet) because he's such a darling, but I dont want to wait till it's too late!
Someone help me, where do I start from tongue
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by tanimz(f): 9:38pm On Jan 05, 2010
Buy a cookbook, watch food network
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by creamdiva(f): 9:48pm On Jan 05, 2010
Yea, was thinking along those lines too, but the cook book dont tell it like a fellow sister will and it assumes you already know too much grin
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by tanimz(f): 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2010
Thanks for the compliment. The way I learnt was from watching people.

Good luck wink wink wink
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by creamdiva(f): 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2010
sounds like a good way to learn, maybe the only way lol
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by tanimz(f): 10:04pm On Jan 05, 2010
Its not the only way, thats just the way I learnt. You may be able to learn from a cookbook or other means.
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by GL(f): 12:45am On Jan 06, 2010
search for very easy recipes online, using foods you like or are familiar with. don't be afraid to start, you'll make mistakes and learn a lot from them. i learnt through the internet myself.
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by mamagee3(f): 1:49am On Jan 06, 2010
Refer to google for your daily recipes. grin grin
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by africhika(f): 2:33am On Jan 06, 2010
@poster, admittance is the 1st step. good job.

watch paula deen on food network. she's great.
get her recipes on foodnetwork.com
recipes are arranged for beginner cooks and pros.

is your guy nigerian? if so, kudos to him for not complaining!
[size=5pt]but i wonder what he's thinkin in his mind[/size]
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by H2O2: 2:38am On Jan 06, 2010
really? me either.

my wife will though so no worries.
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 08, 2010
learn from watching people and also google
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by spikedcylinder: 9:14pm On Jan 09, 2010
Start with small, simple recipes. And start by eating what you cook, not feeding it to other humans.
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by babycakes2(f): 10:26pm On Jan 09, 2010
@ all u bachelors and very busy executives, my business is bulk cooking of soups, stews, rice dishes from my kitchen to your freezer.
you are guaranteed quality home made, mouth watering dishes, soup list includes egusi, edikainkong, oha, efo riro, banga, ogbono, editan. afan ofe ugba, bitter leaf, et al. Rice dishes include coconut, jolof, fried , white.
No more thinking bout wat to eat after a hard day,s work.
give me a call on 08062140773. One taste and u re hooked.
free delivery if u stay in ikeja and environs.
cheers y,all
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by Materese: 8:09pm On Jan 11, 2010
Cookbooks and watching food channels on TV will help. the fastest way to learn though is by watching and learning from experience. If you have a friend that knows how to cook, always accompany him or her into the kitchen to see what they do and how they do it, and what the food should look like at various stages of the cooking process.
Then go home and try it on your own. With time, you will gain enough confidence.
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by H2O2: 8:20pm On Jan 11, 2010
And you call yourself a woman.
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by spikedcylinder: 8:24pm On Jan 11, 2010
^^^
Sharap. Do you know how to cook? Na only to chop. angry
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by H2O2: 8:27pm On Jan 11, 2010
grin What a rat. Fastest way to man's heart is through tummy. If a man can't provide for his family won't you bark like a mad dog.
The second or third biggest responsibility of your womanhood and you are incapable of fulfilling that.
SMH
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by spikedcylinder: 8:30pm On Jan 11, 2010
Lol. How will you know what I am capable of? Mumuni. tongue
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by platinumnk(f): 8:31pm On Jan 11, 2010
H2O2:

grin What a rat.  Fastest way to man's heart is through tummy. If a man can't provide for his family won't you bark like a mad dog.
The second or third biggest responsibility of your womanhood and you are incapable of fulfilling that.
SMH

Gosh u are soo effin rude!!! I feel sorry for ur future wife lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by H2O2: 8:35pm On Jan 11, 2010
platinumnk:

Gosh u are soo effin rude!!! I feel sorry for your future wife lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

spikedcylinder:

Lol. How will you know what I am capable of? Mumuni. tongue
Instead of feeling sorry for yourselves, go learn to cook.
What next? I'm a chauvinist? You better siddon there.
I'm the most loving bobo a babe can ask for.

Spiked's bedmatics are unmatched so at least she kinda has something going for her.
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by spikedcylinder: 8:36pm On Jan 11, 2010
Naaah. . . .Plat, me and that Aki understand each other. grin
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by spikedcylinder: 8:37pm On Jan 11, 2010
H2O2:

Instead of feeling sorry for yourselves, go learn to cook.
What next? I'm a chauvinist? You better siddon there.
I'm the most loving bobo a babe can ask for.

Spiked's bedmatics are unmatched so at least she kinda has something going for her.

Lol, am I the OP here? You assume I don't know how to cook because. . . . ?
Use you head o, not your a.n.u.s. tongue
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by H2O2: 8:38pm On Jan 11, 2010
Don't know why this topic did not make front page sef.
men have suffered.
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by H2O2: 8:43pm On Jan 11, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Lol, am I the OP here? You assume I don't know how to cook because. . . . ?
Use you head o, not your a.n.u.s. tongue

Na me you dey tell that one grin grin
You were smart enough to recognize that you don't have a choice.
Of course you MUST know how to cook. Plat is the tokunbo speaking like an American.
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by platinumnk(f): 8:45pm On Jan 11, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Naaah. . . .Plat, me and that Aki understand each other. grin

ok oo, i believe u can tame his hot mouth cheesy
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by spikedcylinder: 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2010
H2O2:

Na me you dey tell that one grin grin
You were smart enough to recognize that you don't have a choice.
Of course you MUST know how to cook. Plat is the tokunbo speaking like an American.

Aki, they said you should seal your mouth with gum. Do you need ota pia pia to go with that?
Bush fowl.
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by MrCrackles(m): 8:56pm On Jan 11, 2010
creamdiva:

My guy doesnt complain(yet) because he's such a darling, but I dont want to wait till it's too late!
Someone help me, where do I start from tongue
Where were you when God was blessing female folks with cooking skills
Well you wont be the first nor the last. . .
I am sure you really wont be able to learn cooking to save your life. . .
Just keep it the way you are!!!!
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by GL(f): 9:50pm On Jan 11, 2010
MrCrackles:

Where were you when God was blessing female folks with cooking skills
Well you wont be the first nor the last. . .
I am sure you really wont be able to learn cooking to save your life. . .
Just keep it the way you are!!!!

says who? learning to cook isn't that hard. i couldn't cook a thing less than 2 years ago, but now i can cook just about everything i really enjoy eating. and i didn't even have to take any lesson, i learnt all by myself; searching for recipes online, asking friends for ideas/recipes, just mixing up any ingredients i like.

cooking isn't rocket science, for the most part there are no hard and fast rules. even if you do make a mistake, you might come up with a new recipe which you prefer. so don't be afraid to explore, just be careful with seasoning and how much liquid you use. it's better to start with a little and add to it, than to start with too much. once u start cooking one food, you'll realize the procedures for others are quite similar.
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by H2O2: 9:55pm On Jan 11, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Aki, they said you should seal your mouth with gum. Do you need ota pia pia to go with that?
Bush fowl.

If you like call me stewing hen, I refuse to be malnourished into kwashiorkor by any she-goat - you included.
What's of utmost importance is to note that you did not debunk my assertions.

Inability to cook just makes a women 10x less attractive to me.
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by spikedcylinder: 9:57pm On Jan 11, 2010
H2O2:

Inability to cook just makes a women 10x less attractive to me.

Yea, because you like men. tongue
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by H2O2: 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Yea, because you like men. tongue
lol your head is not correct. are you a man?
when we sit in the basement watching pono together, it's because i love and want2fuck you.
Re: Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! by H2O2: 10:28pm On Jan 11, 2010
GL:

says who? learning to cook isn't that hard. i couldn't cook a thing less than 2 years ago, but now i can cook just about everything i really enjoy eating. and i didn't even have to take any lesson, i learnt all by myself; searching for recipes online, asking friends for ideas/recipes, just mixing up any ingredients i like.

cooking isn't rocket science, for the most part there are no hard and fast rules. even if you do make a mistake, you might come up with a new recipe which you prefer. so don't be afraid to explore, just be careful with seasoning and how much liquid you use. it's better to start with a little and add to it, than to start with too much. once u start cooking one food, you'll realize the procedures for others are quite similar.
I'm afraid you have a diluted and oversimplified perception of cooking. Sure any tom, spiked, nkechi, sue, harry, and baby can cook, but is the prepared meal tasty? Properly seasoned?
It's an art that google alone cannot teach. Google is a valuable starting point though. Just my 2

(1) (2) (Reply)

Excellent Foods That Will Turn Your Woman On Tonight! / Imported Chicken Preservation With Dangerous Chemicals / **** Oyinbo Princess Makes Puff Puff****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.