Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' (64724 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Lagos Is Not Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu / Ooni Of Ife Chills With Oba Of Elegushi After Being Snubbed By Oba Of Lagos.PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by OdaNobunaga(m): 2:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
Everyone should brace up....

Another ancestor is about dropping from the sky like Oduduwa

grin grin My man, no be u been get family issue 2days ago?

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by etzskillz(m): 2:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
who's Riliwan aremu?
d only aremu we know is aremu obasanjo and aremu afolayan
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by cashkid: 2:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Like someone below me said, and I quote:

It's not because of the titles that we don't have light. Afterall the Brits had, and still have the following:

King
Dukes
Lords
Marques
Viscounts
Counts
Barons
Baronets
Knights
Lord Privys
Lord Chancellors

And many other lords of varying privilege such as:

Earls
Esquires
Sirs
Premiers
Peers
Mayors
Prime Ministers
Ministers
Governors
Etc.....E.tc

Yet, for most parts of their history, they were throwing shit down from their windows into the streets of London, and had no TOILETS or sewage system in place.
Let us learn to sometimes criticize issues with a little bit of "common sense".

So for your T-square ruler shaped skull now, Ooni don enter "lagoon" abi?
When will you flatti.e people "borrow" some little sense from Amadioha and reason like normal human beings sef?

Yes, Oba Akiolu has his own wahala, but you people should learn not to always insert yourselves into issues that are none of your concern.
This is not Nigerian politics.
grin
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by bsideboii(m): 2:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
salford:

Some said the ooni arrived late when others like the Obi and the eleko were already sitted and created disturbances with the noise from his emewas..lol
no ome really knows.
But that was still a petty one from the Lagos Oba.Did you see the way the guy on white agbada hurriedly uses his agbada to dust his ogas chair...lol Maybe to remove any jazz that might be on it grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by akigbemaru: 2:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
AreaFada2:
These Kings sabi waka sha.

I do not know about Yorubaland. But when a monarch goes to the domain of another monarch, he should pay a courtesy visit to the monarch of that domain. EACH TIME. Except the monarch of the domain is not available.

The Oba of Benin will hardly ever venture into another King's domain without first going to see the local King or at least send emissaries in advance.

If at all possible, The Ooni & Eleko might even go to the venue together.

Because each time a king goes to another King's domain, he's automatically a guest of the local one. No matter who invited him.

Well, in Benin royal etiquette is learned by the crown prince basically from birth.

We do not know what transpired before. But whatever, an open letter/public statement with a threat of ancestral deity curse is hardly ideal between two kings of same tribe.

The Eleko should have been more diplomatic in public.
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
Everyone should brace up....
Another ancestor is about dropping from the sky like Oduduwa
no, he can't drop into Nigeria, there s no food for d ancestor .
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by XerXers: 2:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

They are serious crybabies, I tell you.
The region that contributes nothing and gets everything from being in Nigeria, yet are still shouting for secession- banking on the coast and crude oil of southern minorities as their key to success.
If na Yoruba or any of the SS tribes dey clamor for secession, I go even understand small.
stop parading touts as kings that is the topic, stop looking for consolations with this gibberish

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by tollyboy5(m): 2:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
oba of Lagos should know is power is relegated to the island only badagrians has their oba epe has theirs if it were in the past oba of ijebu would have use ikorodu and epe to conquer island angry crazy oba
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by MENELIK1: 2:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
Poorboy:
Afonja why

OSU, na you cause am

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by tochi8888(m): 2:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
Let them jump to the lagoon
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by YonkijiSappo: 2:48pm On Apr 27, 2017
XerXers:

stop parading touts as kings that is the topic, stop looking for consolations with this gibberish

You be mumu
Gerrarahia.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by suso(m): 2:48pm On Apr 27, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:
Only one country has:
ONI OBA KING CHIEF ELDER EMIR SULTAN LOCAL GOVERNOR GOVERNOR HOUSE OF REP SENATE PRESIDENCY
Yet, no electricity since 1986.
Who is deceiving whom
You no put jagaban
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by phranq(m): 2:50pm On Apr 27, 2017
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by dammybabanla: 2:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
DrGoodman:
My own opinion?

The position of the Oba and ooni should be scrapped and them both be made to work hard like the ordinary men and women around.

For God's sake, we have governors, senators and leaders of thought in OPC, Afenifere and other Yoruba organisations. If all these bodies cannot unite them, nobody can.

Stop glorifying these old men who just show off with your money and create problems for everybody.

If you don't like my opinion, ask the Oba of Lagos where to jump from as you take a long swim at his lagoon grin

You are very ignorant, tradition can never be erased, kings have been in existence before your fore fathers were born, ooni was a multi millionaire before he became king, he doesn't need the government money idiot, u definitely have no traceable roots bastard!

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by MsDoris(f): 2:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Jumbus31(m): 3:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
In the days of Old, Ooni would have beheaded Oba of Lagos and nothing will happen. In fact they will share his akara among his wife and kids grin
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Venerable612(m): 3:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Onyejemechimere:

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/04/oonis-palace-reacts-to-snub-by-oba-of.html

Boss!.. Aye ti laju.

Awon Alale gan ti nlo Ipad. Awa Yoruba ti di Christian ati Musil... Awon yoruba ti o nborisa o po mo.

Although. .. I believe the Oba of Lagos will soon get his own plate of abuse. Its Karma...
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by mejai(m): 3:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
well, it runs in their blood. all d afonjas comments here r full of bad words. una sabi abusive words die. So nobody should blame d oba for insulting d oni.

D oba deserves 24 strokes of d cane grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by mejai(m): 3:04pm On Apr 27, 2017
Jumbus31:
In the days of Old, Ooni would have beheaded Oba of Lagos and nothing will happen. In fact they will share his akara among his wife and kids grin
lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by mickeymimi: 3:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
I hope they can settle it and move on
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by ndidibabe(f): 3:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
Firefire:
"The Oni palace speaker said that the Oba of Lagos risked the wrath of the ‘Alale'(Ancestors), as a result of his disrespect for the superior monarch"

When the ancestors start dealing with Mr. Akinolu, the oba of Lagos Island, let no man pity him.
grin@ Mr...

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by balanceofterror1(m): 3:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
Freegift75:
Oh my God!
The Battle of the gods
Let's wait and watch

The gods are not to blame part 2 loading....
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by dheolexaone(f): 3:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
Biko make una no call Alale cuz Na Lagos I dey live ooooo...

Make oba of Lagos receive his punishment strictly by himself!
Arrogant man
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by smushi(m): 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
This people sef.... must they go out, must they attend all functions, must they appear in the media always? look @ Oba of Benin, Emir of Kano, Sokoto, you don't just see them outside anyhow. If Ooni has stayed in his house this embarrassment wouldn't have occured. My opinion sha. Oba kha tokpe ee...
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Firefire(m): 3:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
ndidibabe:
grin@ Mr...

The guy is now confirmed as Baale of Idumota (suburb of Lagos Island)
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Newmanluckyman(m): 3:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
.... Shhh. I see "karma" pipping from the window and waving to the oba of Lagos. Pls don't tell anyone that I said so. Abroko!
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by GreatMahmud: 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
MasterChen:

Allow me to die grin

Nonsense..
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by africanusvu(m): 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
This curent ooni av realy comonise that seat.as an igbo resident in d east.i used to think the ooni was a god and invisible until i began to see this one everytime and anywhere in d social media and events.let d yorubas do somtin and talk to dis young man pls.we cant continue mesing our culture like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
This na one issue I go dey very careful to add mouth for but may peice always reign in our nation and religions
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ooni acted more dignifying of a traditional rule. Oba of Lagos acts like an uncultured fello.
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Guyman02: 3:50pm On Apr 27, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Yes, Oba Akiolu has his own wahala, but you people should learn not to always insert yourselves into issues that are none of your concern.
This is not Nigerian politics.

Coming from the same person who is always looking for Biafra thread to comment and write trash; now you dont want them to do likewise on your Obas washing their dirty linen in public cheesy cheesy smart Omo'odua

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Tecno66: 3:51pm On Apr 27, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lovely New Look Of Hope, Boy Said To Be A Witch & Left To Die On Streets Of Eket / Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension / Throwback Photos Of Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni Of Ife's New Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.