Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' (64700 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Lagos Is Not Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu / Ooni Of Ife Chills With Oba Of Elegushi After Being Snubbed By Oba Of Lagos.PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by CONFAMA: 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
Everyone should brace up....

Another ancestor is about dropping from the sky like Oduduwa

You don complete the divorce process with your wife. She probably saw through your stupidity and decided that she has had enough.

undecided
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by ATERI(m): 11:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
mmsen:

Telling people that you won't interfere in a system that has superseded your own powers is meaningless.

They cannot make anyone vote one way or another.

The fact they need to impose vigilante groups and cannot use other means to maintain order, such as ensuring that the local economy grows, is another sign of how useless they are.

Somebody sent a twitter message to me just now. Jerry Okorodudu, one of the most successful boxers in Nigeria is claiming that Anthony Joshua once asked for trials with Nigeria, but he was told that if he was good enough England would have given him a chance. Traditional rulers didn`t do that
Have a peaceful night, my brother!
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by justmenoni: 11:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
councillors
Special assistants
Senior special assistants
Special advisers
Senior special advisers

Also duplicate your list and mine with, the friend of.....

Eg, friend of the executive governor, friend of the councillor etc

quote author=EnigmaticEnigma post=55968701]Only one country has:

ONI
OBA
KING
CHIEF
ELDER
EMIR
SULTAN
LOCAL GOVERNOR
GOVERNOR
HOUSE OF REP
SENATE
PRESIDENCY

Yet, no electricity since 1986.

Who is deceiving whom[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 28, 2017
#davido undecided
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by achieverme(m): 1:09am On Apr 28, 2017
DrGoodman:
My own opinion?

The position of the Oba and ooni should be scrapped and them both be made to work hard like the ordinary men and women around.

For God's sake, we have governors, senators and leaders of thought in OPC, Afenifere and other Yoruba organisations. If all these bodies cannot unite them, nobody can.

Stop glorifying these old men who just show off with your money and create problems for everybody.

If you don't like my opinion, ask the Oba of Lagos where to jump from as you take a long swim at his lagoon grin

You are bereft of sense sha . Do you know the traditional rulers have been around before anything called political parties came up in Nigeria? And who told you the ooni is eating from anybody's table? He was rich before he became ooni
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by achieverme(m): 1:10am On Apr 28, 2017
sarrki:
We should allow them to settle it

No domain is superior to one

We should learn to live in peace
You comment like a nitwit
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by yutsuf(m): 7:10am On Apr 28, 2017
my feeling z that on normal terms the post of oni of ife z more superior than oba of Lagos'

just that oba of Lagos did that cz he was older than oni-ife....
WTF
that's immature
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by mmsen: 8:57am On Apr 28, 2017
ATERI:

Somebody sent a twitter message to me just now. Jerry Okorodudu, one of the most successful boxers in Nigeria is claiming that Anthony Joshua once asked for trials with Nigeria, but he was told that if he was good enough England would have given him a chance. Traditional rulers didn`t do that
Have a peaceful night, my brother!

We have no evidence of that but even if it happened the man that did that isn't deified by simpletons and can be sacked at any point.

These useless monarchs can instigate crisis without being held to account. They add no value to their environment but they extract resources that they depend on from the state governments.
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by jonnytad(m): 9:04am On Apr 28, 2017
It seems the gods are sleeping self, cuz if was to be those days, sango would have struck him....
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by TheAlchemist: 2:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nobody whether rich or poor, strong or weak, Master or Servant, deserves the kind of treatment meted out by the Oba of Lagos to the Ooni... but the Ooni has to do serious personal reflections about what could have lead to such embarrassment.

If the Ooni gallivants less around the country and outside, he would start bringing more respect to the exalted position he occupies. He should consider the position of Ooni not about personal enjoyment but an opportunity to bring back the lost glory of a Nation.

The more scarce you make yourself, the more mystique or aura you build around yourself. Royal fathers are not politicians so they can do without the adulation of men.

"The Good and the Wise lead quiet lives"... Euripides
My personal opinion.
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by enigmaticlion: 5:48pm On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

lol, says the Fake akpu jews who were banished from israel by the rabbis for cannibalism and laundering of counterfeit Torahs. cheesy
Chai!!!!! See finishing oooo. Guy you wicked I swear.
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by enigmaticlion: 5:49pm On Apr 28, 2017
Papiikush:
No offense but the Oba of Lagos in an old Fool cheesy
supported
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 1:39am On Apr 29, 2017

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 1:41am On Apr 29, 2017
DrGoodman:
My own opinion?

The position of the Oba and ooni should be scrapped and them both be made to work hard like the ordinary men and women around.

For God's sake, we have governors, senators and leaders of thought in OPC, Afenifere and other Yoruba organisations. If all these bodies cannot unite them, nobody can.

Stop glorifying these old men who just show off with your money and create problems for everybody.

If you don't like my opinion, ask the Oba of Lagos where to jump from as you take a long swim at his lagoon grin
RIP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lovely New Look Of Hope, Boy Said To Be A Witch & Left To Die On Streets Of Eket / Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension / Throwback Photos Of Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni Of Ife's New Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.