Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,496 members, 7,770,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:54 AM

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship (297724 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2018
Oh for sure I will!

Ovywils:
I guess you are still being owed... Please provide proof as they said.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 1:24am On Jun 20, 2018
choicecad:

Yes the 2017nddc scholarship had been cancelled. It's also in today's daily of the nation. It's quite unfortunate.
Now I have been vindicated from all the rude people on this blog....God Dey!!

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Mayflowa(m): 2:38am On Jun 20, 2018
ladybug2:
Any current scholars here - please following the disastrous news today (see previous post,canxellation of 2017 scheme) may we reiterate that not all outstanding fees have been settled. Nddc is trying to play a fast one on us.

I don't know the kind of PR they want to do that they know is clearly a false statement. Have we not been contacting them about our final payment for PhD?

How do you hope to go about this@ladybug2
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 5:53am On Jun 20, 2018
sethmelia002:

Now I have been vindicated from all the rude people on this blog....God Dey!!

When I posted the information here long ago, people called me all sorts of names. Now I've been vindicated... As far as I'm concerned, NDDC is symptomatic of the Niger Delta problem where we ourselves cannot even administer something as little as scholarship scheme for our people. And we are talking about resource control et all. Whoosai.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 9:10am On Jun 20, 2018
I have called them out on social media and fortunately have been joined by other scholars to protest this false hood. The scholarship coordinator is well aware most of us still have outstanding debts so this declaration is beyond me. In fact I emailed the scholarship coordinator last week to send a polite reminder so they do know we are owed. This admin is the worst by far I must add. We are not letting this go without a fight.

At the moment, they have asserted we provide proof of outstanding fees (which is preposterous) but let's play ball anyway and send them invoice reminders from our schools, overdue notifications etc.... That's what I intend to do. Naija will never cease to disgrace us.

Mayflowa:

I don't know the kind of PR they want to do that they know is clearly a false statement. Have we not been contacting them about our final payment for PhD?

How do you hope to go about this@ladybug2
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 9:15am On Jun 20, 2018
With all the time and resources thrown in to organise the selection process, nddc has made a mockery of us by unceremoniously cancelling the 2017 scheme/list without any forewarning or concrete explanation.

This is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by pbayagbon: 9:28am On Jun 20, 2018
After spending over 50k going upandan on unsafe express road from lag to PH, they finally break bad news and cite stupid examples of people they say the scholarship has produced.
of all the countries of this world...na naija I land...chai
i cant even begin to swear for this people sef
anyways good enuf say I no put mind there, for those of you that NDDC still owes, they have put out news that they paid you people oh, you better put ya heads together and take this bastards to court now and just maybe you will get justice.
Nigeria doesn't exist...This is Hell fire
#signout

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by EjiroSugar: 12:31pm On Jun 20, 2018
This is just sad.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by EjiroSugar: 12:33pm On Jun 20, 2018
Honestly to think I spent all that money flying up and down Lagos - Portharcourt with pregnancy. Hotel bills and all. This is really sad.
pbayagbon:
After spending over 50k going upandan on unsafe express road from lag to PH, they finally break bad news and cite stupid examples of people they say the scholarship has produced.
of all the countries of this world...na naija I land...chai
i cant even begin to swear for this people sef
anyways good enuf say I no put mind there, for those of you that NDDC still owes, they have put out news that they paid you people oh, you better put ya heads together and take this bastards to court now and just maybe you will get justice.
Nigeria doesn't exist...This is Hell fire
#signout
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by na2016: 1:18pm On Jun 20, 2018
EjiroSugar:
Honestly to think I spent all that money flying up and down Lagos - Portharcourt with pregnancy. Hotel bills and all. This is really sad.

Am so sorry to hear that... View the bad news in a good way. Whatif the said NDDC had released the list and then refused to pay like what us happening to 2015 set...
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 1:50pm On Jun 20, 2018
na2016:

Am so sorry to hear that... View the bad news in a good way. Whatif the said NDDC had released the list and then refused to pay like what us happening to 2015 set...

We have all learnt from the bad experience, from previous years let us now utilize it to our best advantage. Prepare for the next selection process and also accumulate some back up funding from private sources incase things don't go as smoothly as aniticipated. The good thing about this is that at least we now have a clear view of the 2017 scholarship awards and are no longer left in limbo... And with all this said I think this time around things will be done very quickly and fast paced. The MD is running for governorship in AkwaIbom so I am assuming this will be his first and probably last administered awards...So lets all look up to the brighter side of things....I hope by now Godin or the consultant can keep us updated on speed...….Its over to the consultants now....
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by queenvicka: 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2018
Please if there is anyone here with the right link for the nddc scholarship, please endeavor to put it here.. I can't find the right link...

Thanks
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2018
Current scholars: I emailed Ms. Seledi to inform that I am (and I speak for colleagues too) still owed payments contrary to the press release, she responded that payments are being processed. That is good news for a start (although with nddc, I am not jumping for joy yet - at least she responded). So any current scholars on here, please do well to notify her as well and send any docs to prove that there are still outstanding payments to make. I won't stop shouting on twitter though cos nddc has played this ping-pong game for too long.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by emekaike(m): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2018
We are in June.... Why is Nigeria like this,,,,, u knew u would conceal it while not start the fresh application earlier enough to avoid setbacks..... May God Help Us..............
Bless Nigeria......
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 10:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
emekaike:
We are in June.... Why is Nigeria like this,,,,, u knew u would conceal it while not start the fresh application earlier enough to avoid setbacks..... May God Help Us..............
Bless Nigeria......
Amen
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Mayflowa(m): 2:55pm On Jun 21, 2018
ladybug2:
Current scholars: I emailed Ms. Seledi to inform that I am (and I speak for colleagues too) still owed payments contrary to the press release, she responded that payments are being processed. That is good news for a start (although with nddc, I am not jumping for joy yet - at least she responded). So any current scholars on here, please do well to notify her as well and send any docs to prove that there are still outstanding payments to make. I won't stop shouting on twitter though cos nddc has played this ping-pong game for too long.

I did email her too and she replied payments are being processed. I hope they finally do the right thing.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2018
Hmmm... These people aint serious at all, application for 2018 should be on already. Why the unnecessary delay?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2018
Applications should be out by next week, Godwin can give info on that...
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Donmatlock: 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2018
paoloscali:
Has anyone lodged a complaint at the public complaint commission yet? Just asking...

Can we all come together to send series of complaints to PCC? We could givebitba shot.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ShockWeaver: 9:43pm On Jun 25, 2018
Failed to connect to sugar. Please check your settings.

That's what the "lodge a complain" link displays. Could someone else try.

http://www.pcc.gov.ng/
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2018
ShockWeaver:

ShockWeaver:

Same.
@ladybug have you people started receiving payments?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by veecovee: 6:38pm On Jun 26, 2018
*WISE WORDS FROM A GREAT THINKER AND OBSERVER!!*

Buffalos kill 7 people every year.
Lions kill 500 people every year.
Hippos kill 800 people every year.
Spiders kill 5000 people every year.
Scorpions kill 7000 people every year.
Snakes kill 10000 people every year.
*And then, surprisingly,* ...

www.nairaland.com/3560501/holineness-righteousness-revival-daily-messages/14#68801077
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by mikelhunch: 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2018
I seriously wonder how nddc wants to advertise, conduct exams and conduct interview all before September. i hope they wont come and say the advert is against January next year ooo. we are already approaching the end of the month, 4 days left. sigh.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 10:52pm On Jun 26, 2018
For me, nothing yet. Other scholars I have been contact with are still waiting as well.

Ovywils:

Same.
@ladybug have you people started receiving payments?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Onyinel: 11:00am On Jun 27, 2018
It was for the same course i almost died in a fatal accident on my way for the interview where even the driver died with several others terribly injured, came to the venue with bleeding and swollen face, did my best just to know all these efforts were in vain..... Am so pained....
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Bluethroat101: 12:09pm On Jun 27, 2018
Onyinel:
It was for the same course i almost died in a fatal accident on my way for the interview where even the driver died with several others terribly injured, came to the venue with bleeding and swollen face, did my best just to know all these efforts were in vain..... Am so pained....

So Sad to read this, and thank God that you survived. The whole NDDC team are so pathetic. I was just speechless reading the news of the cancellation. I spent nothing less than 300,000 naira flying over there twice and paying hotel bills only to receive this news. Those people who think the system has changed should think again. NDDC is still yet to fully pay past scholars and they are yet to advertise. Who knows how long it will take for them to conduct this one. If they cancel a whole process just like that imagine what they will do when you are very far away from them in another country studying.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 2:15pm On Jun 27, 2018
I am so sorry to hear this. If there was any functioning legal recourse at all they wouldn't gamble with our futures' like this. Unfortunately, we are stuck with an inefficient and I dare say a corrupt system with no regard to the effect it has on us and future generation. Yet they expect us to be patriotic.

Onyinel:

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 7:34am On Jun 29, 2018
Friday!
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by mikelhunch: 2:51pm On Jun 29, 2018
Applications would be out next week apparently

Ovywils:
Friday!
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 4:04pm On Jun 29, 2018
Hmm... Another next week!
How can they cancel in June without provision for new applications! Or was it impromptu?
God knows sha!

mikelhunch:
Applications would be out next week apparently

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by mikelhunch: 9:02am On Jun 30, 2018
i have no idea, this nddc people are the most confused in this life. i still want to see how they want to conduct this application process, exams and interview all before september.

Ovywils:
Hmm... Another next week!
How can they cancel in June without provision for new applications! Or was it impromptu?
God knows sha!

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Sunnystooth(m): 10:03am On Jun 30, 2018
mikelhunch:
i have no idea, this nddc people are the most confused in this life. i still want to see how they want to conduct this application process, exams and interview all before september.

Lolz, NDDC told you that they have plans for September this year...?

Abeg Nigeria sucks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (105) (Reply)

N-Power Batch C1 & C2 - 2023 / Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.