Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

These People Advised Buhari Against Making Me His Vice President – Bola Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / These People Advised Buhari Against Making Me His Vice President – Bola Tinubu (559 Views)

President Bola Tinubu – Is Nigeria Ready? / Reuben Abati Advises Sanwo-Olu Against Making ‘Empty’ Promises / Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

These People Advised Buhari Against Making Me His Vice President – Bola Tinubu by Nagisa: 3:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
The national leader of the All Progressive Congress, APC, has in the yet-to-be launched book titled ‘Against the Run of Play,’ written by the Chairman, Editorial Board of ThisDay, Olusegun Adeniyi revealed the persons who stood in his way of becoming the nation’s Vice President.

The APC Chieftain in the book noted that the Senate President, Bukola Saraki and the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai convinced the president, Muhammadu Buhari against making him his running mate in the last presidential elections.

Tinubu in the book further alleged that some APC defectors including Nasir el-Rufai disturbed the already crafted plan to make him his running mate.

Bola Tinubu added that some other politicians argued the Muslim-Muslim ticket which he and Buhari would have formed.

He added: “What they did behind my back was wrong. We always do things as a group. By the time they joined, we were already too far ahead in our processes but we accommodated them. We agreed to take their state structures and subsume them into the part and they all had their opportunity to nominate the candidates of their choices for different political offices. But they went behind to instigate Buhari and some other people in the party against me on the pretext of religion. That was not right. They were canvassing arguments that the Christians in the North would not vote for a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

“Nasir el-Rufai was also selling the same argument within the CPC (the defunct Congress for Progressive Change) because at that point, he still wanted to have Pastor Bakare brought in as Buhari’s running mate.”

Tinubu in the book further said that the president, Muhammadu Buhari later asked him to nominate three persons for the Vice President’s ticket.

“I backed down because I did not want to be depicted as causing a problem. I backed away from the position in order to offer Buhari a name I once raised with him in 2011: that of Professor Yemi Osibanjo”.

Read more at http://www.herald.ng/people-advised-buhari-making-vice-president-bola-tinubu/#bOQKsSd7Pm1tXllo.99
Re: These People Advised Buhari Against Making Me His Vice President – Bola Tinubu by suso(m): 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
We have been bamboozled
Re: These People Advised Buhari Against Making Me His Vice President – Bola Tinubu by hajlat(m): 3:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
Jagaban fija folorun ja.
Whosoever that is doing good and people are against him, God Almighty will be for him.
And whosoever that is perpetrating evil and people are supporting him, Almighty God will bring him down.
Re: These People Advised Buhari Against Making Me His Vice President – Bola Tinubu by DropShot: 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
The Muslim-muslim ticket would have fuelled the unfounded claim of Islamisation of the country. Even with Osinbajo, a Christian pastor, divisive elements have not stopped to cry Islamisation wolf even though sane minds know it can never happen.
Re: These People Advised Buhari Against Making Me His Vice President – Bola Tinubu by vantage001: 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2017
DropShot:
The Muslim-muslim ticket would have fuelled the unfounded claim of Islamisation of the country.
Even without a religious bent, only a banana republic would make a character like tinubu a VP.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: These People Advised Buhari Against Making Me His Vice President – Bola Tinubu by PDJT: 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
-Now that Buhari is bedridden, what next?

-Hopefully, the Nigerian money depreciates further.

-Tomorrow, Friday, is pregnant.

1 Like

Re: These People Advised Buhari Against Making Me His Vice President – Bola Tinubu by tdbankplc: 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
Tinubu should knw better .....
Re: These People Advised Buhari Against Making Me His Vice President – Bola Tinubu by SalamRushdie: 4:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
Good call that he wasn't made VP ..Tinubu is not presidential material in any way ..Yes I said it quote me anywhere

1 Like

Re: These People Advised Buhari Against Making Me His Vice President – Bola Tinubu by drss2(m): 4:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
season of revelations. grin
no doubt dat book "against d run of play" will be very interesting.

1 Like

Re: These People Advised Buhari Against Making Me His Vice President – Bola Tinubu by Mynd44: 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2017

(1)

See Photos & Video Of IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Leaving Kuje Prison / See What A Stubborn Truck Driver Did.. / I Repeat, Obiano Must Go!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.