Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Your First Experience With An ATM Card? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your First Experience With An ATM Card? (10380 Views)

Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience / Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card / How My Roommate Stole 120,000 Naira From My ATM Card And How I Caught Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by Oseka: 9:20am On May 02, 2007
hmnn, my experience, was okay, i was trying hard not to goof, but it all went well as i read tru d instructions i found there was no big deal to it. grin
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by tboy81(m): 11:38am On May 02, 2007
The only 'slight' problem i had was trying to locate the "Proceed" button after entering my PIN (took like 10 seconds) cos i was thinking all the buttons were on the keypad used for entering the PIN number, not knowing there were some navigation buttons by the sides of the screen. smiley
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by jimaj4life(m): 2:35pm On May 02, 2007
nigerians sha,,its not called ATM card here in the UK,its simply called cash-card and there is nuffin so special about it,am sure some ladies will fall for guys with such cards, have got like 4 of the cards and a 10year old child also uses it so there is no big deal about cash cards(ATM)
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by Nobody: 1:34am On May 03, 2007
It's call ATM card in the good ole US of A.
The first time I used one was in England many many years ago,I punched in the wrong pin twice and it swallowed up my card.
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by jimaj4life(m): 11:10am On May 03, 2007
wanted to type cash card not cash cash***********lol,typographical error, allow it
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by Philflux(m): 11:21am On May 03, 2007
thanks for this topic, my first time on the ATM machine was horrible, it was around 8pm i was going home from work and i dont have any money on me, i want to change my pin and also cash money, at last my card was withheld by the machine, i had to trek for some distance to be able to get home, i went to the bank the next day to collect the card. Guys if you are changing your pin, do it first and remove the card before any other transaction, otherwise it may cause conflict and your card can be withheld like mine.
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by SHUPZY(m): 5:38pm On May 03, 2007
ACTUALLY,MY 1ST TIME OF USING AN ATM CARDS WAS AN ADVENTURE BUT I TOOK MY TIME FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTION ON THE MACHINE & I DIDNT HAV PROBLEM WITH IT .BUT IT IS REALLY GOOD AS THERE WONT B ANY NEED CARRYING CASH UP & DOWN.THERE WAS AN OCCASION I WAS STRANDED IN BENIN DURING THIS EASTER HOLIDAY RETURNING 4RM LAGOS 2 DELTA STATE,IF NOT 4 MY ATM CARD THAT SAVE ME,IT'S ONLY GOD THAT KNOWS HOW I WOULD HAV REACH DELTA STATE.THANK GOD I WAS ABLE 2 USE MY ATM CARD TO WITHDRAW 4RM 1 OF THE BANKS IN UGBOWO.IT'S A GOOD DEVELOPMENT THAT WE ARE ADVANCING 2WARDS CASHLESS ECONOMY.
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by fromuk(m): 8:40pm On May 03, 2007
Awoof

Well so i thought too until i went inside the bank to tell a lady at the customer service dept. well fromuk check out my profile i think i have gone beyond the stage where i will cook up a story because i want to sound funny, that was exactly my experience. When it happened, i just felt there would be a solution to it. The next day i entered the bank and lo just as i was lodging my complaint a haggad looking, weather beaten white bitch came in and said the same thing, while i told the truth about what happened, the white lady did not want to look as "stupid" as the black man, she told a lie that she put the card and the machine just sized the card: "iroo ni" The bank lady just smiled and said wait i minute i will bring it, and pronto before 10 minutes she came back with the two cards. well i think what was responsible is that the ATM machine was built with the bulk of the engine inside the bank building unlike most of our own in Naija that are built standing alone especially those in the eateries. so i no dey tell lies o

Not in England u must call the bank and they post, they will post you another card.
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by cammax7(m): 11:53am On May 04, 2007
Unknown to me, though i had opened a savings account with my bank(PHB) they had transfered it to a current account. when the machine asked me to select type of account i selected savings. and the machine coughed up a receipt and said "wround account selected" i was confused. i used three diffrent machines before it finally occured to me to select current account when next it asked for type of account and when i did i got my cash.
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by nnada(f): 1:07pm On May 04, 2007
to say the truth, have always being anxious to use it, so when they gave it to me. i di not master the code, so i quietly went to change the code number with the number i will remember easily, and do u know, i think i forgot it, till i quietly sat down to remember.

then another excitement, is going to withdraw ur money without a long cue.

am also afraid, cos it is normally kept outside, i just hope that one day, that no body will be withdrawing, and this daylight and noctural animals will come and snash it quickly.
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by Kemjisuper(m): 1:51pm On May 04, 2007
On my first try, I received the warning message "Error 01982: The amount you are trying to withdraw is way way beyond this ATM's storage capacity! Please reconsider your expenditure budget and try again"

On my next try, I received another warning message "Error 01945: The amount you are trying to withdraw is way too small for an advanced piece of machinery like moi. Go get a real job and then come back ok?"

The moral of my tale: "You just can't please an ATM"

Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by molasco(m): 2:12pm On May 04, 2007
I inserted my card and the machine said my financial institution was not available, 15 minutes later when I had left the machine, I received an SMS from the bank (Zenith) that I have withdrawn 3000 naira.
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by Mamas(f): 3:00pm On May 04, 2007
mine 2 was not nice.
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by Christino(m): 3:37pm On May 04, 2007
First try, i had no problem navigating, if you've used a mobile phone then you can use one.

I got "MINTS" instantly,

The next time i tried again, i almost cursed my luck. I got "Powdery cash" instead.
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by ristic(f): 4:10pm On May 04, 2007
i got to d machine and it asked me how much i wanted i pressed 20,000 thinking it was 2000. funny although
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by adechuks(m): 4:53pm On May 04, 2007
I really dont know what you guys are talking about o.

My veeeeery first time, i saw blood. wink wink

It asked for my JAMB number, my matric number, my NYSC call up letter number, my father-in-law's mobile number, my landlord's account number, my daughter's nursery school registration number, my voter's registration card number. ehn. i tire.

i finally gave it my IP address, and all was calm for a few seconds. then there were flashes of lightning and roaring, deafening thunder.
i quickly rushed behind the ATM machine and was surprised to find not one, not two, not three but fifteen million biafran pounds. written in green ink.

at that moment i knew i shd not have joined nairaland.

the things wey person dey see for this place ehn shocked shocked undecided

TGIF. am going home.
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by Kemi9981(f): 5:35pm On May 04, 2007
hi,    my first experience was ok,i just followed d rules!
but i must say some banks dnt deserve 2 have ATM points cos ders neva cash in it!dont know if dey dnt know fillin it wit cash is for der own gud!have had so many annoyin experiences with 'cashless ATMs', cheers smiley
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 04, 2007
cashless ATM's? shocked shocked
that must be in naja
why are all our things always having K leg?
do we now have to bribe someone to put money in the ATM?
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by tolulope01(f): 12:22am On May 05, 2007
mine was a disaster i can count going there like 4 times cuz i had no idea what buttons to punch and i was too embarassed to ask anyone 4 help. twas like a week later that i asked a friend of mine, she then helped me out. na wah o!
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by natur(m): 5:22am On May 05, 2007
wow, this is another experience i will not forget, i inserted the card because people were around me and i did not want them to know that was my first time and equally do not want to take their time, i did not read the instruction well when i saw the amount i thought it was asking me on which note do i want my payment, so i press 500 waiting for it to ask me how much i want to withdraw behold the machine brought 500 out when what i actually needed was 30k i have to leave the spot to another ATM point to withdraw the balance

@Beline, I'll give you credit for being so smart but funny, I can't help not laughting out my heart.

Well, just like Beline above, I'll alway try to figure out things without being told. Except for the written statement on the receipt, "your financial instistution is not available" which troubled my mind as I thought that the dough will be debited without the machine pathing me a dime. It's ok; good to save up your time.
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by redsun(m): 4:58pm On May 05, 2007
@Downwas2,are you serious or just joking?
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by WebMonk(m): 7:23pm On May 05, 2007
My first experience was a lifesaver!

I was just through with the days work in ekiti (i travelled there and i was to travel back) only to discover that i was N40 from broke. And i needed N60 to get me to the bank to atleast get transport money home. I just got my card some time back and then it occured to me: A different bank was just across the road, the words "ATM" shinning like gold. I went, slid my card, punched the buttons, and Bang! crisp cash.

I was giddy throughout the day, considering the alternative (stranded in the middle of nowhere, on a friday) grin
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by stranger: 2:58am On May 06, 2007
ATM for Nigeria he he he.
Nigerians sef don dey chop up!

u guys been dey make me laugh !It's fun to come on niger sites once in a while.totally different and child like in topics when comparede to civilised people forums
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by awoof(m): 5:09am On May 06, 2007
stranger:

ATM for Nigeria he he he.
Nigerians sef don dey chop up!

u guys been dey make me laugh !It's fun to come on niger sites once in a while.totally different and child like in topics when comparede to civilised people forums

there is nothing childish about the topic angry there are other forum for more serious and educative discussions if you care. much as i am not the pro for nairaland, i can assure you that the place is packed full of both young and old intelligent and very civilized Nigerians and probably friends of naija wink
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by agbekoya(m): 8:14am On May 06, 2007
I will advise that as much as possible (in Nigeria) keep to the ATM points that are owned by the bank that issued you the ATM card because if ever there is a problem such as over deduction, debit without dispensing cash etc it is easier and faster to correct in hours, but when it invovles the banks you will have to wait for some days. This is from personal experience
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by wifeypenth(f): 1:20pm On May 06, 2007
mine was funny and annoyin, i was already feeling gud with maself, as per i didnt av to go into the bank to queue before i got paid, stupidly i mixd up ma password, and the machine withheld my card, i eventually got my ATM card, but i still joined the queue,cos i was told i couldnt use my ATM until the next 24hrs
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by tipsy289(m): 12:59am On May 07, 2007
ATM's o, i prefer them too cash.only problem have had(major) was when i was trying to buy a laptop and it told me i has passed my daily limit, i had to call the bank there and spend like 30 mins begging them to raise my limit to complete my transaction.Also here in canada and USA, we students dem dey chop our money o-the bank for various fees.one time they deducted money from my accnt thinkin i was alrite i went to a restaurant, o boi, insufficient funds for the food, Thank God my friend was there o
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by Elgaxton(m): 5:44pm On May 07, 2007
My first experience was hitch free!

if u can use a Phone then u can use ATM card easily
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by ifezue(m): 4:11am On May 08, 2007
The first tym,i got to the machine,changed my mined and opted to queue at the bankin hall.
The second time, i met a crowd at the machine, i was so scared of embarrassing myself so i still opted for the queue.
The 3rd tym, i decided that i must use the card. There were a lot of people. When it got to my turn, i was sweatin like a HE goat. As iintert the card, my mind de beat like sunami. Some one just came to announce that there was no money in the ATM.

I stayed back when everybody had left the and i took tym to study the machine. Since that day, it has been ATM. Who no like clean Note??
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by afolayangs(m): 5:58pm On May 08, 2007
Ma 1st experience with ATM was when and was stranded and when i discover that i have ma card with me it was as if some on dash me the money smiley
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by Falciparum(m): 4:12pm On Oct 22, 2007
I actually went to the ATm machine by 9:30 pm so that i could have time with the machine. It was all good nothing went wrong till when i decided to withdraw. after i punched in the amount, it t old me "TRANSACTION IN PROGRESS" after that it gave me my card. To me it was kind of funny i was expecting cash first. after i pulled my card out the cash came out immediately. It was a huge relief,
Re: Your First Experience With An ATM Card? by dafidixone(m): 1:04pm On Oct 23, 2007
It was not funny grin I was to collect 3,450 I placed my Card the Machine Welcomed me and I was asked to put my pin Number which I did. Little did I know there is no denominations other than N500 in the Machine. I have to call for the Security who assisted me. cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Tips For Protecting Your Debit Card From Fraud / Amen Rochas Takes Charity To Physically Challenged Communities In Abuja / 5 Keys To Becoming An Effective Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.