Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,842 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? (100523 Views)

US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets / Nigerians In Diaspora Should Learn Good Behavior. / Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

He traveled with what sort of visa?

A personal driver given to him by the company?
k1 Visa, yap.
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by justwise(m): 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
bjhaid:
k1 Visa, yap.

K1 visa is a far cry from somebody traveling with visiting visa just to do under table job to survive.

Dude i don't know any company in western world that gives a personal driver to their managers. you drive yourself or find your way to work.

Is either your friend is lying or you are exaggerating things

44 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
justwise:

K1 visa is a far cry from somebody traveling with visiting visa just to do under table job to survive.

Dude i don't know any company in western world that gives you a personal driver to their managers. you drive yourself or find your way to work.

Is either your friend is lying or you are exaggerating things
not even my friend, I mean my bro, why should I exaggerate things? I don't even count it as big deal.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by claremont(m): 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
bjhaid:
not even my friend, I mean my bro, why should I exaggerate things?

Which company is he working for that gives him a chauffeur?! I'm not saying he is lying to you, but in developed countries, even the head of blue chip companies either drive themselves to work or they use trains/taxis. I'm guessing if a visa holder can be given a driver, then passport holders working for the same company will be given drivers as well. The company will be spending a lot on drivers for its staff; this is a practise that even Microsoft UK, Apple UK, Schlumberger etc don't even do. The best they do is give a car allowance for you to lease a vehicle, not hiring dedicated drivers for their employees. Infact, I'm keen to know the name of the company your brother works for, maybe I need to dust my CV and apply to work for them. grin

44 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by enomakos(m): 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

The average Nigerian does not sell akamu
are you from Jupiter?

12 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 28, 2017
claremont:

Which company is he working for that gives him a chauffeur?! I'm not saying he is lying to you, but in developed countries, even the head of blue chip companies either drive themselves to work or they use trains/taxis. I'm guessing if a visa holder can be given a driver, then passport holders working for the same company will be given drivers as well. The company will be spending a lot on drivers for its staff, even Microsoft UK, Apple UK etc don't do that.
For some reasons I can't mention the name of the company, it's one of the top mobile and web payments company in the state.
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 28, 2017
claremont:

Which company is he working for that gives him a chauffeur?! I'm not saying he is lying to you, but in developed countries, even the head of blue chip companies either drive themselves to work or they use trains/taxis. I'm guessing if a visa holder can be given a driver, then passport holders working for the same company will be given drivers as well. The company will be spending a lot on drivers for its staff; this is a practise that even Microsoft UK, Apple UK, Schlumberger etc don't even do. The best they do is give a car allowance for you to lease a vehicle, not hiring dedicated drivers for their employees. Infact, I'm keen to know the name of the company your brother works for, maybe I need to dust my CV and apply to work for them. grin
unless you're a programmer or developer

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by justwise(m): 3:00pm On Apr 28, 2017
bjhaid:
not even my friend, I mean my bro, why should I exaggerate things? I don't even count it as big deal.

Dude companies in western world don't give their managers a driver or an accommodation like we have in Nigeria. You get those yourself from your employment package.

24 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by enomakos(m): 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
femi4:
help me ask them....All of them refuse to show me the direction to Bangladesh
wetin you wan go do from Bangladesh?

12 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2017
justwise:

Dude companies in western world don't give their managers a driver or an accommodation like we have in Nigeria. You get those yourself from your employment package.
ok sir

4 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by joeluv: 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2017
Companies in developed nations don't give employees drivers. It's either you brother is lieing or may be you did not understand what he said.
bjhaid:
For some reasons I can't mention the name of the company, it's one of the top mobile and web payments company in the state.

16 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
joeluv:
Companies in developed nations don't give employees drivers. It's either you brother is lieing or may be you did not understand what he said.
haha, na wa o, it's alright.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Seanjay(m): 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
bebe2:
This is getting annoying , how come each time a person is asking for directions on how to travel abroad most pple in diaspora will be discouraging the person.

If it's dat terrible why are u still there?

You enjoy the benefits of living in an organised society, knowing fully well that naija is a difficult place to live.

Are u scared of the competition the new immigrants will bring?

Nigerians in diaspora , what exactly are u afraid off??

i think that is common with all of them, i have an aunt(my moms immediate sister) in UK also shes been there for the past 30yrs and she had two kids there and live fine she is even a nurse in the UK, 3yrs ago i was processing my travelling the to the Uk on my own jeje oo and unfortunately for me she came home and was spending money upadan and claiming the boss then my dad was still alive and shes close to.my dad. so my dad said thats it even good that shes around that have been processing uk that may be she can help so she told my dad that no problem that she is going to help and after a week or two she left for the Uk and next i will saw was a call from my aunt that i should go to UK embassy in Lagos Island to make inquiries about what it will take me to get a visa (i was so surprise that this is coming from someone that had been coming in and out of Uk for the past 30yrs) but just to do what she asked i went there and i gave her the feedback(concerning invitation and sponsorer, account details and other things) about the invitation she said her two daughters can file that for me i was happy, but to my surprise she told me to wait for a while that i cant come now that it one party that is ruling and they have strict rules about immigrant and so on, but still promise to see what She can do and that she will get back to me, na so she take do till now. after have relaxed and had used the money i wanted to use for the processing for something else, so last 2yrs my dad died so my aunt started calling me again to sympathize with me and told me that she will fulfill the promise she made to my dad but up till now i still de naija, me wey don de jeje de process my things on my own i dont even first travel comot naija go disvirgin my passport na so she take shatter my dreams.... The Funniest Part She Can Call For Africa And Assure She Is Going To Help But Thats The End You Wont Hear Or See Anything Again... May Be Them De Fear True True Say If You Come You Go Excel Pass Them And You Will Be Dragging BreadWinner With Them..

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Seanjay(m): 3:11pm On Apr 28, 2017
queendoreez:
bebe2, bless your heart for this post.

I know a lot of people who discourage people from moving abroad. Recently i had a chat with 1 of my friends, he's in Singapore, and i discussed with him about migrating abroad, and he was like "You can't make it abroad", "taxes are killing us here", "bills are too much here" etceteras. But the next minute, he's like "I have just built a student hostel off campus in FUTO", "I just wired 300k to my mum last week", "I wire 200k to my girlfriend in Nigeria every week for her make-up" etceteras.

Well, i have made up my mind to migrate out of this "hell" called Nigeria. I have filed in my papers, waiting for my permits. And the last thing that will happen to me is to get discouraged by any Nigerian in diaspora.

Nigerians in diaspora, make una fear God!!!

i think that is common with all of them, i have an aunt(my moms immediate sister) in UK also shes been there for the past 30yrs and she had two kids there and live fine she is even a nurse in the UK have, 3yrs ago i was processing my travelling the to the Uk on my own jeje oo and unfortunately for me she came home and was spending money upadan and claiming the boss then my dad was still alive and shes close to.
So my dad so her that it even good that shes around that have been processing uk that may be she can help so she told my dad that no problem that she is going to help and after a week or two she left for the Uk and next i will saw was a call from my aunt that i should go to UK embassy in Lagos Island to make inquiries about what it will take me to get a visa (i was so surprise that this is coming from someone that had been coming in and out of Uk for the past 30yrs) but just to do what she asked i went there and i gave her the feedback(concerning invitation and sponsorer, account details and other things) about the invitation she said our two daughter can file that for me i was happy, but to my surprise she told me to wait for a while that i cant come now that it one party that us ruling and they have strict rule about immigrant and so on, but still promise to see what She can do and that she will get back to me, na so she take do till now. after have relaxed and had used the money i wanted to use for the processing for something else, so last 2yrs my dad died so my aunt started calling me again to sympathize with me and told me that she will fulfill the promise she made to my dad but up till now i still de naija, me wey don de jeje de process my things on my own i dont even first travel comot naija go disvirgin my passport na so she take shatter my dreams.... The Funnies Part She Can Call For Africa And Assure She Is Going To Help But Thats The End You Wont Hear Or See Anything Again... May Be Them De Fear True True Say If You Come You Go Excel Pass Them And You Will Be Dragging BreadWinner With Them..

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Seanjay(m): 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

You can only tell someone who hasn't travelled out before that there are no beggars abroad, as for me, I saw poor beggars with their children begging for food to eat.

Why are you not feeling for the thousands of beggars and drug addiction abroad? I understand your empathy but even where you live, beggars and lonely old people who can't afford heating are everywhere there

So because of one picture, everyone in Nigeria is now an animal abi?

WHY YOU JUST DE COUNTER EVERYTHING THE GIRL SAID IF YOU DONT WANT TO HELP YOUR FAMILY AND RELATIVES THAT YOUR OWN CUP OF TEA WHY DISCOURAGE SOMEONE THAT HAVE A VERY DIFFERENT MINDSET...

11 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Seanjay(m): 3:17pm On Apr 28, 2017
AreaFada2:
Bebe2,

To be honest it is not fashionable to be honest when dealing with our fellow Nigerians, especially if you live abroad. They start calling you enemy of progress.

I have actively discouraged Nigerians from coming to the West ANYHOW.

We know what we suffered back then. A close friend froze to death on the street, sleeping rough. It could have been me. Once money was exhausted, we had no place to sleep. His miserable death haunts me till today.

But when you tell people, they say "but you have made it now, you very fine now, it cannot be as bad as 9ja na, etc." I don't even know what "made it" mean in their imagination.

I always advice people to come as postgrad students, with enough money in their pockets. That way, even if they have to return home, the time wasn't wasted.

I have discouraged many social media "friends" from crossing Sahara desert with the help of a "sponsor" to Italy. Those who did not listen. They are paying off 30 to 50K Euros now doing prostitution. Some have been honest enough to say "I wish I listened to your advice".

Nobody is afraid of anyone. Many abroad just do not want others to make the mistake they made, either by abandoning their studies, travelling with anyhow documents, coming with tourist visa and overstaying, quitting a good job to travel abroad, etc.

An example: a cousin of mine worked for about 11 years in a first generation bank. He quit and came abroad. I just bumped into him one day. He jumped and hugged me. I did not recognise him right away, being tall & big guy now. He died here in diaspora a couple of years ago. He regretted his decision to travel abroad, despite having a wife and 3 kids here.

A friend also quit a first generation bank job to travel. He regretted it daily. He died of cancer here around 5 years back, leaving 4 kids behind.

Both lived abroad in regret, after quitting well paid jobs in 9ja. Those of us who left as teenagers took it more in our stride, after the difficult first few years.

People should be well informed before travelling. Not just anyhow, to any destination believing you can make huge money anywhere abroad.

We have ruined our name enough abroad: scam/faud, drug trafficking, prostitution, etc. Mostly due to unplanned travelling out.

i think that is common with all of them, i have an aunt(my moms immediate sister) in UK also shes been there for the past 30yrs and she had two kids there and live fine she is even a nurse in the UK have, 3yrs ago i was processing my travelling the to the Uk on my own jeje oo and unfortunately for me she came home and was spending money upadan and claiming the boss then my dad was still alive and shes close to.
So my dad so her that it even good that shes around that have been processing uk that may be she can help so she told my dad that no problem that she is going to help and after a week or two she left for the Uk and next i will saw was a call from my aunt that i should go to UK embassy in Lagos Island to make inquiries about what it will take me to get a visa (i was so surprise that this is coming from someone that had been coming in and out of Uk for the past 30yrs) but just to do what she asked i went there and i gave her the feedback(concerning invitation and sponsorer, account details and other things) about the invitation she said our two daughter can file that for me i was happy, but to my surprise she told me to wait for a while that i cant come now that it one party that us ruling and they have strict rule about immigrant and so on, but still promise to see what She can do and that she will get back to me, na so she take do till now. after have relaxed and had used the money i wanted to use for the processing for something else, so last 2yrs my dad died so my aunt started calling me again to sympathize with me and told me that she will fulfill the promise she made to my dad but up till now i still de naija, me wey don de jeje de process my things on my own i dont even first travel comot naija go disvirgin my passport na so she take shatter my dreams.... The Funnies Part She Can Call For Africa And Assure She Is Going To Help But Thats The End You Wont Hear Or See Anything Again... May Be Them De Fear True True Say If You Come You Go Excel Pass Them And You Will Be Dragging BreadWinners With Them..

AND WHY IS IT THAT IT EVERYONE YOU ADVICE THAT IS REGRETTING SO NON OF THEM IS DOING WELL AND STILL ALIVE? AND BESIDES YOU ARE ALSO LIVING IN THE SAME COUNTRY AS THEM WHY THOSE THINGS NO HAPPEN TO YOU ABI NO BE FROM HERE YOU SEF GO THERE ABI SHEY NA THERE DEM BORN YOU? WHY SO MUCH DISCOURAGE FROM YOU STILL WHILE YOU RESIDE THERE COMFORTABLY, LIFE IS ALL ABOUT RISK AND LUCK WHY NOT LET THEM ALSO TRY THEIR LUCKS, AT LEAST YOU ARE LIVING FINE AND STILL ALIVE WHY CANT THEY ALSO BE ALIVE AND LIVE FINE...

9 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by femi4: 3:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
enomakos:
wetin you wan go do from Bangladesh?
at least I ll enjoy uninterrupted power supply

11 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by rex444(m): 3:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
My dear, the truth of the matter is that those outside don't really tell the truth as to what they are involved in outside so most of them are scared you don't jump into the same as they have

4 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Tyche(m): 3:58pm On Apr 28, 2017
AreaFada2:

If I told you lies and never had a cousin who was a banker in 9ja & died in Europe, leaving 3 kids and a wife behind, may God condemn me to everlasting misery & let the pain of his grieving family be mine too.

But if it true that I had a cousin that died in Europe after quitting his bank job in Nigeria, leaving his wife and 3 kids behind may God condemn you to everlasting misery & let the pain of his grieving family be yours too.

Please all Nairalanders HELP ME SAY AMEN. So that passing angels can hear it.

Please do not quote me again ever. Bye.

Damn phucking unnecessary

22 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 28, 2017
AreaFada2:

Thank you dear.

Let me add something. I know at least a dozen people who have lived here for 15 to 25 years and have not visited 9ja once. I'm sure you can imagine the main reason why they cannot visit. Meanwhile, relatives abroad believe they are gallivanting here.

Somebody I warned about potential difficulties here if coming is not planned properly has spent over 10 years here now. No means to visit 9ja till now. Back then she dismissed my warning as not wanting to help. Not seen her kids in 9ja for over 10 years now.

which country in picture

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by HughJazz(m): 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
Because we don't want criminal minded Nigerians overrun the place with crime.

The country i grew up in , there were only professional Nigerian expats working in the oil and gas industry and other reputable jobs, high paying as well , but fast forward 10 years later i saw a Nigerian brother running on the street just past my brother and i after robbing an indian fellow on the street. i was ashamed , because i just saw the Nigerian guy on the street like few days before , Now i have to carry my ID everywhere i go because people now think Nigerians are criminals, when 10 years ago we won the award for the best immigrants . just imagine.

Nigerians are nuisance once there are too much of them .

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by salford: 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
helpyom:

Begars dey everywhr probably they are lazy to work my dear here in Nigeria people are damn ready to work am a lady and I work 11hrs a day for 6days in a week I receive salary not wages ask me how much #40,000 this is a hospital job that i don't even rest to have launch due to soo many Hmo's.

What am I saying you won't tell me I have were I can work with such strenght I wouldn't want to leave and save for future expensenses.

The fact is THERE ARE NO JOBS IN NIGERIA that's why most youths with life ambition try to move anybody discouraging anyone is pure wickedness.
And you think 40k is bad. You are even lucky you have a job that pays that much...

And who told you jobs are in abundance overseas...lol
My friend with a msc in proj management from a UK uni applied to Mcdonald 7 times, yet he was rejected..despite that i helped pushed good reference on his behalf as i worked there at that time... This was after he could not get jobs in his profession. He eventually returned to Nigeria where he now works in an NGO.

In Canada, i have met graduates from Canadian Uni working in walmart as cashiers/stockers. Some cant even get jobs at all and are trapped with student loan debts running into thousanda of dollars.
I dont think you know how hard and low paying McD and walmart jobs are. Do you? I worked mcd in Uk, got my palm burnt by bread toaster on my occasions, walmart job when i came to Canada and broke my wrist lifting huge boxes and spent months visiting physios, labour job where i hit my thumb with a sledge hammer despite all my degrees from naija and the UK...Dont let me even get started with the ex pwc, mtns, nlng, doctors, accountants e.t.c that i know working shit jobs in Canada.. yet someone like you would get angry at me if i was your uncle and didnt send you money or help like in your thread...lol.

U can come abroad ooo..no one is gonna discourage you...but its also good to prepare your mind that the first 3-7 years would be tough "if you came in legally" so you need to have your mind prepared. If you come in illegally, that is even worse..Imo, it's good to let people know what they are getting into....
The positive vibe to it is that after the years of sacrifice if you can slug it out, then you shall reap the reward of abroad.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by salford: 4:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
AreaFada2:

Have you visited them?

Well try and visit. Please when you visit try to know all the bills they pay. Why they work so hard. Because if you see them in their current home, you will not see how much suffering, hard work & determination they put in to achieve what you now call "doing very well". Their years of struggle will not be seen.

Telling family members to visit is not because it is easy. It is generosity that many do not understand.

The kind of determination & hard work needed is massive, knowing you are your own.

The mentality that it is easy is why many relatives squander money sent from abroad.

From years of experience, I am aware that there is no point arguing it. Almost every Nigerian believes he knows everything, even America more than Donald Trump. Hence the shock many expperience when eventually they get here. cheesy cheesy grin grin
This is so true. The fine houses and cars are even all mortgages and car finance, and that is even if your have a job that is atleast stable to an extent..and the person better pray not to lose his/her job. The good thing about Naija is that people with a good or okay job can still afford to pay cash down for the luxury of life and you dont have to worry about losing it all in an event of job loss...but overseas, na soso debt everywhere.

still i will take the debt+access to excellent healthcare and good standard of living if one slugs it out compared to the bad healthcare system and low standard of living in naija. May God help us all.

12 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Bossman(m): 4:47pm On Apr 28, 2017
I can't imagine this is correct (that some top executive has a dedicated driver, etc. as you said). Very unlikely! I catch the train with owners of multi million $ companies here in Chicago. We all head into the city for work. Very Rich or Poor, we all catch the same train. Now some TOP executives that travel for work - That usually pop in on Monday and are out to their respective cities (Houston to Chicago for example) on Thursday evening or Friday, may have a Limo pick and drop them at the airport, but that's about it. No company here will give you a chauffer and all that stuff they do in Nigeria.

bjhaid:

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by bebe2(f): 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2017
salford:

And you think 40k is bad. You are even lucky you have a job that pays that much...

My friend with a msc in proj management from a UK uni applied to Mcdonald 7 times, yet he was rejected..despite that i helped pushed good reference on his behalf as i worked there at that time... This was after he could not get jobs in his profession. He eventually returned to Nigeria where he now works in an NGO.

In Canada, i have met graduates from Canadian Uni working in walmart as cashiers/stockers. Some cant even get jobs at all and are trapped with student loan debts running into thousanda of dollars.
I dont think you know how hard and low paying McD and walmart jobs are. Do you? I worked mcd in Uk, got my palm burnt by bread toaster on my occasions, walmart job when i came to Canada and broke my wrist lifting huge boxes and spent months visiting physios, labour job where i hit my thumb with a sledge hammer despite all my degrees from naija and the UK...Dont let me even get started with the ex pwc, mtns, nlng, doctors, accountants e.t.c that i know working shit jobs in Canada.. yet someone like you would get angry at me if i was your uncle and didnt send you money or help like in your thread...lol.

U can come abroad ooo..no one is gonna discourage you...but its also good to prepare your mind that the first 3-7 years would be tough "if you came in legally" so you need to have your mind prepared. If you come in illegally, that is even worse..Imo, it's good to let people know what they are getting into....
The positive vibe to it is that after the years of sacrifice if you can slug it out, then you shall reap the reward of abroad.

grin grin bro ur village pple no get chills oo

See accidents, Na only u dey the country?

Deliverance thingz , lol

19 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by salford: 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2017
bebe2:

grin grin bro ur village pple no get chills oo

See accidents, Na only u dey the country?

Deliverance thingz , lol
grin my village people indeed. dem hold me for work seriously. Thank God they have released me sha..mid to late 2000 was tough....i remember how i cried the first time i burnt my palm with the big mac toaster..that shit hurt so bad or my dishwasher job at man united, i did that shift once before i ran..i have never seem so many plates in my life..... grin ..I miss the UK sha.. grin

I remember a particular night shift at walmart. Everyone sat at my desk at lunch about 8 of us were engineers from different countries.. we joked about setting up our own consultancy inside walmart grin. Two of us moved on to security job and some other to care jobs. These jobs were heavenly compared to walmart jobs....

Eyes have seen despite being legal in these countries..I thank God sha cos i finally broke even...i cant imagine what ilego go through in these countries.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by helpyom(f): 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2017
salford:

Just one question?
Why u still there if there are no jobs over there. so you want to compare Nigeria rate of unemployment to there with just that one guy?

Note:Each country has it's own rate of unemployment but Nigeria's own is 61% high with our population contributing more of youths...you can't compare any western European country or America with the rate of unemployment here.

24 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2017
Bossman:
I can't imagine this is correct (that some top executive has a dedicated driver, etc. as you said). Very unlikely! I catch the train with owners of multi million $ companies here in Chicago. We all head into the city for work. Very Rich or Poor, we all catch the same train. Now some TOP executives that travel for work - That usually pop in on Monday and are out to their respective cities (Houston to Chicago for example) on Thursday evening or Friday, may have a Limo pick and drop them at the airport, but that's about it. No company here will give you a chauffer and all that stuff they do in Nigeria.

Oh really?, You've blown the matter outta proportion, no need for further discussions.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by salford: 5:23pm On Apr 28, 2017
helpyom:

Just one question?
Why u still there if there are no jobs over there. so you want to compare Nigeria rate of unemployment to there with just that one guy?

Note:Each country has it's own rate of unemployment but Nigeria's own is 61% high with our population contributing more of youths...you can't compare any western European country or America with the rate of unemployment here.
I didnt say there are no jobs over here. Just letting you know the jobs are also not easy to come by. Even the so called survival jobs would still not be handed to you on a platter of gold e.g cleaning or hotel bed laying jobs. Employers would ask you for years of experience in cleaning/operation of buffing machine or bed laying.

I stayed cos i was determined. Alot of Nigerians arrived Canada/UK around the same time i arrived, and returned home cos they couldnt bear the hardship/difficulty...
You are suprised..yes, lots of nigerians and other foreign nationals return to their home countries every year when they realised abroad is not eldorado and they were better off at home......

I Suffered for some years and eventually broke even. I am glad that i slugged it out...I stayed back cos of my kids...atleast my children would have excellent education, good healthcare, good stndard of living e.t.c they would not have had access to in Nigeria. They would also find it much easier than i did when i moved here.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Vicyace: 5:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
helpyom:

Just one question?

One thing I have been able to garner from the peeps abroad here is ghey complain that its not easy abroad but they have refused to come back home. they migrate from one country to another..but to naija? Mba!

40 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by salford: 5:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
helpyom:

Just one question?

And like i said. i am not against any one migrating.just advising that potential immigrants give it a very good thought since it is a life long decision.
If you are working in a good job in naija and you want to migrate...odikwa risky..think am well. Some would migrate cos of their children though..i think i fall in this category.
if you are unemployed or barely surviving..abeg migrate sharply since you have nothing to lose whether u migrate or not.

18 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Schwartz: 5:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
salford:

I didnt say there are no jobs over here. Just letting you know the jobs are also not easy to come by. Even the so called survival jobs would still not be handed to you on a platter of gold e.g cleaning or hotel bed laying jobs. Employers would ask you for years of experience in cleaning/operation of buffing machine or bed laying.

I stayed cos i was determined. Alot of Nigerians arrived Canada/UK around the same time i arrived, and returned home cos they couldnt bear the hardship/difficulty...
You are suprised..yes, lots of nigerians and other foreign nationals return to their home countries every year when they realised abroad is not eldorado and they were better off at home......

I Suffered for some years and eventually broke even. I am glad that i slugged it out...I stayed back cos of my kids...atleast my children would have excellent education, good healthcare, good stndard of living e.t.c they would not have had access to in Nigeria. They would also find it much easier than i did when i moved here.

I like you, you're real.

Bia, bjhaid, since I have lived abroad my eyes have seen only one man in a car with a Driver. I repeat only one!

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million / US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.