Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? (30904 Views)

Kebbi Government Releases 111 Prisoners Over Coronavirus / New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers / Yinka Ayefele: Oyo State Government Releases Statement On Building Demolition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by shogat(m): 8:28am On Apr 28, 2017
Earlier this week, the Kogi State government released the list of workers that have been successfully verified as well as the details of the salaries paid to them.

The Kogi State Government said its decision to publish details of salaries paid to each public servant since the inception of the present administration in the state on January 27, 2016 was to “silence the falsehood of nonpayment of salaries peddled against the present administration in the state”.

I personally think the rate of 'anyhowness' going on in Kogi is alarming.

Do you really think it was proper for Kogi State govt. to release such confidential details to the public?

2 Likes

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by Alisegun(m): 9:30am On Apr 28, 2017

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by OjukwuWarBird: 9:31am On Apr 28, 2017
Very Ok

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 28, 2017
I think it is ok based on current realities as paying of salaries has now become a campaignable agenda. Our politicians are no longer creative to survive their states outside monthly allocations. So if u were in their shoes wouldn't you had done the same?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by Akshow: 11:36am On Apr 28, 2017
It's ok

4 Likes

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by Teewhy2: 11:37am On Apr 28, 2017
I don't think it is okay to publish people salary to the public domain, as this can lead to a lot of Bad blood in the organisation and in the family. some people when they notice that there are people they work than or have more task than receive more pay than them demoralize them and this might lead to un-productiveness in that employee.
Also some men who have been keeping their earning away from their wives and family members might start having issues with them as the wife/family members might start to monitor how they spend their money, not minding that the man might have his own plan and also sweat to collect that pay.
i was think that they should have a portal not open to the public where their E-Payslip is saved and sent to them and record of electronic transfer of staffs salaries are kept, so that if there is any dispute on salary payment all records will be presented with a twinkle of an eye.

Are you building on a swampy area, want to do pile foundation /Need Roof parapet.
Reduce the building load by making use of polystyrene material for your roof parapet and slab.
Click below to get more information

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by koladebrainiac(m): 11:37am On Apr 28, 2017
yes now what else again
Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by noble71(m): 11:37am On Apr 28, 2017
yea is ok! meanwhile that my uncle that is hiding his salary for us Ntooor.

7 Likes

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by GavelSlam: 11:37am On Apr 28, 2017
On point.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 28, 2017
Bello is mad

4 Likes

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by DollarAngel(m): 11:37am On Apr 28, 2017
Yyuu
Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by Flexherbal(m): 11:37am On Apr 28, 2017
Hope some people will not be going from house to house in search of their share.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by jbbalarabe(m): 11:37am On Apr 28, 2017
Transparency

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by ifyalways(f): 11:38am On Apr 28, 2017
Not cool.

All the relatives, debtors and friends will now line up and expect their share. No more "we've not being paid for donkey years" excuse cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by mallam2016: 11:38am On Apr 28, 2017
A very good move at least Dino Melaye will keep quite

2 Likes

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by alozie27(m): 11:38am On Apr 28, 2017
forget the propaganda. they should atrend to the education system. nonsense
Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by damibravo(m): 11:38am On Apr 28, 2017
When some people will seat in the house (Not Buhari o) and just formulate any news...
The Government have to justify themselves..

3 Likes

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by Kelklein(m): 11:38am On Apr 28, 2017
So you'd rather believe those who peddle falsehood in the media than accept facts dished out raw..

All GENUINE workers in Kogi have been paid

I repeat

All GENUINE workers have been paid!

12 Likes

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by sEGXY2(m): 11:39am On Apr 28, 2017
Bro its a lie, only people with close ties with the governor are in that list! Bello sidelines payment of salaries to only a few people, most civil servants are owed about 16 months salaries.

So far Bello is the Worst governor in the history of governors even Samuel Ortom is like an angel compared to Bello

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by segunforchrist(m): 11:40am On Apr 28, 2017
No need of that
Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 28, 2017
ipob members will continue spoiling our name. Why did they cancel the job offer
Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 28, 2017
Well..
Maybe they had to. ..

Transparency.. abi..
Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by librangyps(f): 11:42am On Apr 28, 2017
grin grin
Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by Anoneism(m): 11:42am On Apr 28, 2017
The New Direction Government of Governor Bello is just not so different from what Kogi had under Ibrahim Idris and Captain Wada. In fact, I doubt if this present government can outperform Ibrahim Idris.

The young should just forget about politics and face governance.
Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by seuncyber(m): 11:43am On Apr 28, 2017
Kogi soap

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by Oladelson(m): 11:43am On Apr 28, 2017
fine boy governor

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by igho003(m): 11:43am On Apr 28, 2017
one day my comment will come first I will show it to my school teacher who said I cannot achieve anything in life

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by smartty68(m): 11:44am On Apr 28, 2017
Very okay... Transparency in public offices is what Nigerians need...

We are doomed in corruption and backwardness because of lack of transparency in this country...

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by alizma: 11:44am On Apr 28, 2017
NIGERIANS ASKING FOR TRANSPARENCY AND NOW THEY HAVE SOMEONE THAT IS WILLING TO GIVE IT TO THEM BUT THEY ARE COMPLAINING AGAIN.
you think the man will just fold his hands and watch you ridicule his efforts? no way.
it is very very ok.
If you think it is ok to run down to nairaland and post; Yahaya Bello is a goat, a cow at the same time, he has refused to pay workers salary, the consider it ok for him to tell the world his own part of the story.

5 Likes

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by nairalandfreak(m): 11:45am On Apr 28, 2017
What else do you want him to do

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? by tussmal(m): 11:45am On Apr 28, 2017
I think is senile for a whole governor to pay salary that is monthly after almost a decade and still have guts to publish it.

Meanwhile it can only happen in Nigeria whether APC OR PDP I don't care we need better leadership in this country. Let Yaya publish how much he has earned in all honesty since he came to office.

That request will never get answer untill judgement day. "Omo eniyan arojo no iwaju eledumare" meaning Human have got explanation to my Lord in eternity"

Continue is or rite.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Statues Of Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Awolowo, Mbakwe To Be Unveiled By Okorocha / Pandora Papers Implicate Peter Obi, Nine Other Nigerians / Nairaland Presidential Exit Poll: Who Did You Vote For & Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.