Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam (3365 Views)

Categories Of Martyrs In Islam - Shayk Sulaimon Amubieya / Palm Wine In Islam / Cousin Marriage in Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Crownadex(m): 3:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
As - salam alykum my elders in Islam

Please I need more explanation on this thread

Is there any punishment from Allah ,for those who doesn't cover their face after married
Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by tintingz(m): 10:50am On Apr 29, 2017
There is no punishment, it is just Arab ancient practice to cage their women.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:04pm On Apr 29, 2017
OP, u need to make research on Arab history, they never used face cover before Islam.
Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Demmzy15(m): 7:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
OP, u need to make research on Arab history, they never used face cover before Islam.
Fact!!! Boda Taiwo no dey jabo anyhow!
Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by tintingz(m): 8:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
The practice when Islam took over is not ancient ni?

Besides, Face cover was a fashion for women during pre-islamic era, it is commonly used in Persia, Egypt, India especially those snake belly dancers. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by tintingz(m): 8:42pm On Apr 29, 2017
Demmzy15:
Fact!!! Boda Taiwo no dey jabo anyhow!
Why are you stalking me around.
Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by sarahade(f): 10:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
tintingz:
The practice when Islam took over is not ancient ni?

Besides, Face cover was a fashion for women during pre-islamic era, it is commonly used in Persia, Egypt, India especially those snake belly dancers. wink
Lol

1 Like

Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Demmzy15(m): 8:41am On Apr 30, 2017
tintingz:
Why are you stalking me around.
If I want to stalk you, I'll follow you. Fact remains your rubbish cannot go unnoticed!
Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by deolsisback: 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2017
Wearing Niqab is an Islamic practice that is not compulsory.. No woman should be forced to wear it. But if she chooses to, nobody should make her remove it. simple

1 Like

Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Lakol: 8:41am On May 01, 2017
Plsss don't let us comment without proof. there is no culture in pre Islamic era dt says women should cover their faces. Hence it was coomnandment in the holy Quran by Allah DT all women believers shiuld cover their face. if u cannot do it don't condemn it becos condemibg it is a sin to Allah on its own. Hence covering of face is compulsory only on Muslim women believer(Muminat).
Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 01, 2017
Q: What is the ruling upon a person mocking the one who wears correct legislated (Shar'ee) Ḥijāb and describing it as a 'moving tent' and labelling it with words of mockery other than that?

al-Lajnah ad-Dā'imah (The Permanent Committee For Islamic Research And Fatāwāof Saudi Arabia) replied: “Whoever makes fun of a believing woman or a believing man due to their clinging onto Sharī'ah (legislation) of Islām then he is a Kāfir (disbeliever), it is the same if he mocks a Muslim woman for her legislated covering or anything other than that (of Islāmic practices)...”
Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by tintingz(m): 5:14pm On May 01, 2017
Lakol:
Plsss don't let us comment without proof. there is no culture in pre Islamic era dt says women should cover their faces. Hence it was coomnandment in the holy Quran by Allah DT all women believers shiuld cover their face. if u cannot do it don't condemn it becos condemibg it is a sin to Allah on its own. Hence covering of face is compulsory only on Muslim women believer(Muminat).
Like have said covering the face was a fashion for women during pre-Islamic era and commonly used in Egypt, Persia, India, Israel and their neighboring nations. Even covering the head was also a practice before Islam came.

These are pictures of Asian belly dancers, does belly dance started when Islam came? Belly dance is an ancient cultural art long before Islam came and this is how they cover their faces.

1 Like

Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Lakol: 8:41pm On May 01, 2017
tintingz:
Like have said covering the face was a fashion for women during pre-Islamic era and commonly used in Egypt, Persia, India, Israel and their neighboring nations. Even covering the head was also a practice before Islam came.

These are pictures of Asian belly dancers, does belly dance started when Islam came? Belly dance is an ancient cultural art long before Islam came and this is how they cover their faces.

I don't want us to argue much on this. First of all let me know if u believe in what d Holy Quran says, den we can continue on dis discussion
Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by tintingz(m): 9:32pm On May 01, 2017
Lakol:

I don't want us to argue much on this. First of all let me know if u believe in what d Holy Quran says, den we can continue on dis discussion
Can we talk about historical events and cultural practice?

Believing in a book does not eradicate or surpass history and culture.

1 Like

Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by deolsisback: 9:25am On May 02, 2017
tintingz:

Can you prove it?

Are you also saying that there is no verse of the Qur'an that speaks on covering of the face?
Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Lakol: 10:04am On May 02, 2017
tintingz:
Can we talk about historical events and cultural practice?

Believing in a book does not eradicate or surpass history and culture.

Point of correction Holy Quran us not just a book.
However, culturally and historically Nigerians dress naked intact it still exist in some part of the country as we speak, would u say anybody DT wants to dress naked now it is allowed in Lagos of nowadays. it is d Holy Quran DT changes all these hitherto. Moreover HolyQuran has been in existence before ur historical event.
If u are a true Muslim chek d book and u will see d proof DT overrule d historical event u talk about.
Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by tintingz(m): 11:06am On May 02, 2017
deolsisback:

Can you prove it?

Are you also saying that there is no verse of the Qur'an that speaks on covering of the face?
OK, Wearing of veil and covering the face is part of belly dance costume, it is/was a culture in different nations.

And I never mentioned there are no commandment for women to wear veil or cover their faces in Quran, I'm saying it was a practice before Islam came.

Read:

From pre-Islamic times until the 800s, professional dancers, musicians, and singers in the Middle East belonged to the slave caste. The majority of professional musicians, including singers, were female slaves, and they were often called “Qaina.” (Even in recent times, the majority of professional entertainers come from the lower classes, and both of these facts are part of the reason why there is still a stigma today against being a professional entertainer in the Middle East.)
Source

The Dance of the Seven Veils
Consider the myth of the Seven Veils of Ishtar. This legend began in 4,500 BC, out of fear that winter might never end. It’s a tale found, with variations, in a number of different cultures. The essential idea of a ” belly dancing” woman, however, remains intact in all.
A Babylonian goddess of love and sensuality, Ishtar represented all women. She was chaste, yet fertile. She was a life-giver and a great nurturer, yet she was known as the mother of darkness and destruction.
According to the story, Ishtar’s husband dies and descends into the land of darkness, (in some cases referred to as the ” womb of the Earth” ). Ishtar covers her body with seven veiled costumes, and sets off to retrieve her husband.
Appropriately dressed, she deceives her way into the underworld, through forty-nine gates. To gain admission at each seventh gate, she dances in a way that emphasizes her abdomen, rolling it in circles. Each time she does so, she gives up a jewel and a veil.
When she returns with her husband and her seven veils, the people celebrate and the crops flourish.

The Veil Prevails.
Throughout the history of the belly dance, veils have been worn to conceal the body, which symbolizes both sexuality and worldliness. In Muslim society, modern Arab women are still required to wear veils in obedience to Islam.

Source

Wearing of veil is not obligatory during pre-islamic era.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by tintingz(m): 1:32pm On May 02, 2017
Lakol:

Point of correction Holy Quran us not just a book.
However, culturally and historically Nigerians dress naked intact it still exist in some part of the country as we speak, would u say anybody DT wants to dress naked now it is allowed in Lagos of nowadays. it is d Holy Quran DT changes all these hitherto. Moreover HolyQuran has been in existence before ur historical event.
If u are a true Muslim chek d book and u will see d proof DT overrule d historical event u talk about.
Dressing half nakêd is part of Africa culture in history, so don't fault those that dress half nakèd especially the traditionalist. There is no constitutional law stopping people from from dressing anyhow they like or do you see police arresting people dressing half nakèd? It is only in the northern Nigeria they flog them following Sharia law.

The Jewish book also command women to cover up before Quran came.

Quran is not a historical book, it doesn't give details about huaman history, it is just some stories of Jewish and Arab people.

And as for your last statement, there is no existence of Quran during Plato, Aristotle era, I don't know how you came to you conclusion. undecided

1 Like

Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Lakol: 5:53pm On May 02, 2017
[quote author=tintingz post=56133932] Dressing half nakêd is part of Africa culture in history, so don't fault those that dress half nakèd especially the traditionalist. There is no constitutional law stopping people from from dressing anyhow they like or do you see police arresting people dressing half nakèd? It is only in the northern Nigeria they flog them following Sharia law.

The Jewish book also command women to cover up before Quran came.

Quran is not a historical book, it doesn't give details about huaman history, it is just some stories of Jewish and Arab people.

And as for your last statement, there is no existence of Quran during Plato, Aristotle era, I don't know how you came to you conclusion. undecided[/quotm

My brother go and check ur constitution very well u will see where dressing naked has a purnishement.
I Neva told u Quran is an historical book rather what is inside is beyond just ordinary historical book.

Meanwhile its now clear u no nothing about d book. it is not d stories of Arab or Jewish as u said, it contains d commandments of Allah covering of head and faces inclusive.
There might not be existence of Quran physically during Aristotle and platonic era, but i tell u Allah created Aristotle and Plato hence Quran has been in existence since then with Allah. But it goes beyond ur own understanding
Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by tintingz(m): 6:47pm On May 02, 2017
Lakol:

My brother go and check ur constitution very well u will see where dressing Unclad has a purnishement.
Show me Nigeria constitutional law that gives dressing code to civilians. It is only in organization they give dressing code which is normal everywhere. There is freedom of practice. How many celebrity that dressed half nakèd were arrested by authority?

We are not in a authoritarian regimes or in Sharia law state.

I Neva told u Quran is an historical book rather what is inside is beyond just ordinary historical book.
Maybe you should use your English to my understanding because what you said was "Quran overrule historical events".

How does it overrule historical event when it is only Muslims that believe in the book?

Meanwhile its now clear u no nothing about d book. it is not d stories of Arab or Jewish as u said, it contains d commandments of Allah covering of head and faces inclusive.
These commandments are only for Muslims that was revealed to someone in the middle east.

There might not be existence of Quran physically during Aristotle and platonic era, but i tell u Allah created Aristotle and Plato hence Quran has been in existence since then with Allah. But it goes beyond ur own understanding.
I'm confused here. Aristotle nor Plato does not even know who Allah is, they are Greeks they have their own beliefs, their creator is Prometheus. undecided

1 Like

Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Lakol: 7:50pm On May 02, 2017
tintingz:
Show me Nigeria constitutional law that gives dressing code to civilians. It is only in organization they give dressing code which is normal everywhere. There is freedom of practice. How many celebrity that dressed half nakèd were arrested by authority?

We are not in a authoritarian regimes or in Sharia law state.

Maybe you should use your English to my understanding because what you said was "Quran overrule historical events".

How does it overrule historical event when it is only Muslims that believe in the book?

These commandments are only for Muslims that was revealed to someone in the middle east.

I'm confused here. Aristotle nor Plato does not even know who Allah is, they are Greeks they have their own beliefs, their creator is Prometheus. undecided

Bro it seems education has afected ur thinking, beside u should be kicked out of dis forum, its not meant for u.
Did thread is meant for practising Muslim sincerely.
I am learned too but i don't allow DT to affect my religious life.
Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by tintingz(m): 8:56pm On May 02, 2017
Lakol:

Bro it seems education has afected ur thinking, beside u should be kicked out of dis forum, its not meant for u.
Did thread is meant for practising Muslim sincerely.
I am learned too but i don't allow DT to affect my religious life.
Ok

1 Like

Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Newnas(m): 10:57am On May 06, 2017
Anyone who has common sense will see that the Niqab used by those belly dancers is different from the niqab Islam enjoined.

The Muslim woman's niqab is a result of chastity, so it should be free from adornments unlike these face covers.

Secondly, the fact that it had been in existence before Islam doesn't proof that it's not part of Islam.
Hospitality and charity was a part of Arab culture before Islam came, that didn't make it a less important act of worship.

The laws of Islam can be divided into three categories:

# Ones in existence and Islam came to improve such as charity, goodness to family etc

# Ones in existence that Islam came to abolish such as singing, dancing and calling on other than Allah.

#Ones not in existence but Islam brought it new such as the science of hadith. Added to this category are those laws that Islam modified such as the modifications to the hajj pilgrimage, Solah and fasting etc.

Allah knows best.

Also, whoever is not sufficed by the Quran has no right to call himself a Muslim.

Allah says:

Surah Al-Ankaboot, Verse 51:
أَوَلَمْ يَكْفِهِمْ أَنَّا أَنزَلْنَا عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ يُتْلَىٰ عَلَيْهِمْ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَرَحْمَةً وَذِكْرَىٰ لِقَوْمٍ يُؤْمِنُونَ

Is it not sufficient for them that We have sent down to you the Book (the Quran) which is recited to them? Verily, herein is mercy and a reminder (or an admonition) for a people who believe.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Also, Islam is the religion that first existed on earth, it is the religion of our fathers; Adam, Ibrahim, Nuh, Musa, Eesa etc so it's possible that these face veils used by these belly dancers is a remnant of the laws of past prophets and a result of their distortion of the messages sent to them through their messengers.

Don't you see that many Muslim women of today have distorted the hijab brought to them by the Quran by reducing it to short scarves, parsh and caps etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Newnas(m): 11:17am On May 06, 2017
Crownadex:
As - salam alykum my elders in Islam

Please I need more explanation on this thread

Is there any punishment from Allah ,for those who doesn't cover their face after married

wa alykumussalam wa rahmatuLLaah wa barakaatuh.

Though I'm not an elder but I'll try to give adequate response. upon Allah alone I rely.

Firstly, niqab has nothing to do with being married or not, many of the people believe that it's the husband that veils his wife, this is very wrong and is baseless in the Deen. On the contrary, niqab has to do with maturity. Once a woman attains puberty she has to use the niqab if she is of the opinion that it's compulsory. Allah knows best.

Secondly, The scholars are divided in the issue of niqab, some say it's obligatory and the implication of this is that whoever doesn't use it is committing a sin and is liable to being punished in the grave or hell but such a person will never be in hell forever because no believer will be in hell forever.
This is the opinion of Sheikh Ibn Baaz and Sheikh Uthymeen and many other scholars.

The second opinion is that it's recommended. The implication of this is that whoever doesn't use it is depriving herself of great reward but will not be punished in any way just like the one who doesn't fast Mondays and Thursdays.
This is the opinion of Imam Albany and many of his students. This is the opinion I hold not because I think it's simple but because it's the one I see to be more supported by evidences from the Quran and sunnah.

Note: my wife uses niqab even before I married her. and Sheikh Albany's wives and daughters too use niqab.
So it's a matter of knowledge and evidence not whims, ignorance and dim-wittedness as some have displayed.

Allah knows best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Crownadex(m): 12:04pm On May 06, 2017
Newnas:

wa alykumussalam wa rahmatuLLaah wa barakaatuh.

Though I'm not an elder but I'll try to give adequate response. upon Allah alone I rely.

Firstly, niqab has nothing to do with being married or not, many of the people believe that it's the husband that veils his wife, this is very wrong and is baseless in the Deen. On the contrary, niqab has to do with maturity. Once a woman attains puberty she has to use the niqab if she is of the opinion that it's compulsory. Allah knows best.

Secondly, The scholars are divided in the issue of niqab, some say it's obligatory and the implication of this is that whoever doesn't use it is committing a sin and is liable to being punished in the grave or hell but such a person will never be in hell forever because no believer will be in hell forever.
This is the opinion of Sheikh Ibn Baaz and Sheikh Uthymeen and many other scholars.

The second opinion is that it's recommended. The implication of this is that whoever doesn't use it is depriving herself of great reward but will not be punished in any way just like the one who doesn't fast Mondays and Thursdays.
This is the opinion of Imam Albany and many of his students. This is the opinion I hold not because I think it's simple but because it's the one I see to be more supported by evidences from the Quran and sunnah.

Note: my wife uses niqab even before I married her. and Sheikh Albany's wives and daughters too use niqab.
So it's a matter of knowledge and evidence not whims, ignorance and dim-wittedness as some have displayed.

Allah knows best.
Ma sha Allah ,

Jazaakumu llahu khaera
Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Newnas(m): 12:16pm On May 06, 2017
Crownadex:
Ma sha Allah ,

Jazaakumu llahu khaera

Aameen wa iyyaak
Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by tintingz(m): 1:28pm On May 06, 2017
Newnas:
Anyone who has common sense will see that the Niqab used by those belly dancers is different from the niqab Islam enjoined.

The Muslim woman's niqab is a result of chastity, so it should be free from adornments unlike these face covers.

Secondly, the fact that it had been in existence before Islam doesn't proof that it's not part of Islam.
Hospitality and charity was a part of Arab culture before Islam came, that didn't make it a less important act of worship.

The laws of Islam can be divided into three categories:

# Ones in existence and Islam came to improve such as charity, goodness to family etc

# Ones in existence that Islam came to abolish such as singing, dancing and calling on other than Allah.

#Ones not in existence but Islam brought it new such as the science of hadith. Added to this category are those laws that Islam modified such as the modifications to the hajj pilgrimage, Solah and fasting etc.

Allah knows best.

Also, whoever is not sufficed by the Quran has no right to call himself a Muslim.

Allah says:

Surah Al-Ankaboot, Verse 51:
أَوَلَمْ يَكْفِهِمْ أَنَّا أَنزَلْنَا عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ يُتْلَىٰ عَلَيْهِمْ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَرَحْمَةً وَذِكْرَىٰ لِقَوْمٍ يُؤْمِنُونَ

Is it not sufficient for them that We have sent down to you the Book (the Quran) which is recited to them? Verily, herein is mercy and a reminder (or an admonition) for a people who believe.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran
The practice of face cover and veil are not new or alien to the Arabs when Islam came, what's divine about it?

Also, Islam is the religion that first existed on earth, it is the religion of our fathers; Adam, Ibrahim, Nuh, Musa, Eesa etc so it's possible that these face veils used by these belly dancers is a remnant of the laws of past prophets and a result of their distortion of the messages sent to them through their messengers.

Don't you see that many Muslim women of today have distorted the hijab brought to them by the Quran by reducing it to short scarves, parsh and caps etc.
Sorry oga, Islam is not the first existing religion on earth, it is funny how I believed this fallacy in the past. Hinduism is the oldest religion next to Zoroastrianism, even Judaism is far far older than Islam. Non of these religion know anything about Islam.

Usage of veils and face cover started among pagan practice.

Let's say the reality true and fact and stop deceiving ourselves.

1 Like

Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Lakol: 1:41pm On May 06, 2017
I insist wat u are seing and saying is diff from wat dis guy is saying I don't xpect any true miluslim to respond to him again. u av all said d fact, but secular education has really affected this guy.
Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by tintingz(m): 2:13pm On May 06, 2017
Lakol:
I insist wat u are seing and saying is diff from wat dis guy is saying I don't xpect any true miluslim to respond to him again. u av all said d fact, but secular education has really affected this guy.
Oga sheeple, this is not about secular education(we all benefit from secular education anyways), it is about doing research and being rational.

1 Like

Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Newnas(m): 2:33pm On May 06, 2017
The seeker of truth is sufficed by one evidence, but the follower of desires will not benefit from a thousand proofs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Newnas(m): 2:34pm On May 06, 2017
The seeker of truth is sufficed by one evidence, but the follower of desires will not benefit from a thousand proofs.
Re: NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam by Lakol: 5:08pm On May 06, 2017
tintingz:
Oga sheeple, this is not about secular education(we all benefit from secular education anyways), it is about doing research and being rational.

No research is greater than Quranic research, take it or argue it I don't care

(1) (2) (Reply)

Attention: Mukinatu / Kafaarat Yameen (expiation For Breaking A Vow) / Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.