Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,885 members, 7,956,340 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:16 AM

Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? (3539 Views)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders / Boy Or Girl Child, Which Is Better? - An Islamic Perspective / The Girl Who Turned Into A Monkeyafter She Threw The Holy Quran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
Why is the abuse of the girl child very legal in Islam?

I read Mohammed himself married a child of less than 10 years old when he was about 60 years?

Honestly, it is heartless for a man to that to a little innocent kid!

What are the modern day Moslems doing about this or are they all okay with it?
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by tintingz(m): 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
[img]http://www.manicdepressiveblog.files./2011/05/confusion_11.jpg?w=570&h=300[/img]

[size=19pt]How many times will this question be asked?[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by TheBigUrban2: 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
tintingz: [img] http://manicdepressiveblog.files./2011/05/confusion_11.jpg?w=570&h=300[/img]

[size=19pt]How many times will this question be asked?[/size]

^^^
It will always be asked as long as islam exists.

1 Like

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by tintingz(m): 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

^^^
It will always be asked as long as islam exists.
Even when it has been answered? undecided

1 Like

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by TheBigUrban2: 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
tintingz: Even when it has been answered? undecided

The answer is always unsatisfactory

2 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
tintingz: Even when it has been answered? undecided

Please, no vex.

What is the answer?
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by golpen(m): 12:13am On Aug 28, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

The answer is always unsatisfactory

then why do you want to kill yourself?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by TheBigUrban2: 3:01am On Aug 28, 2014
golpen:

Did you think before asking this question?
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by Nobody: 3:29am On Aug 28, 2014
golpen:

You folks are not heliping matters! I am expextinng several Moslems to offer explanations with diligence!

This abuse of the girl child and the maltreatment of women generally are among the reasons some of us have serious doubts about Mohammed and his religion!

I understand that rape is even allowed in some circumstances as a punishment.

I have a lot of questions and if this one which is very light is difficult to answer, what will happen when we get to tough questions?
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by golpen(m): 7:12am On Aug 28, 2014
noblezone:

You folks are not heliping matters! I am expextinng several Moslems to offer explanations with diligence!

This abuse of the girl child and the maltreatment of women generally are among the reasons some of us have serious doubts about Mohammed and his religion!

I understand that rape is even allowed in some circumstances as a punishment.

I have a lot of questions and if this one which is very light is difficult to answer, what will happen when we get to tough questions?

this is not the first time of offering explanations, and you may ask thesmallrural who insists he never got a satisfactory answer which means there have been explanations which no matter how much will remain dissatisfactory. so what's the point?

you just don't dwell in lies and blasphemy, some have chosen that part, and don't even want to be free of their hatred for a religion. rape is not in any form allowed in islam and that shows the height of how far some people can go to slander islam.

you just think, islam is the fastest growin religion as of now, and majority of them accepting it are women. how would you, being a woman join a religion where it is lawful for you to be molested and raped?

3 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 28, 2014
golpen:

this is not the first time of offering explanations, and you may ask thesmallrural who insists he never got a satisfactory answer which means there have been explanations which no matter how much will remain dissatisfactory. so what's the point?

you just don't dwell in lies and blasphemy, some have chosen that part, and don't even want to be free of their hatred for a religion. rape is not in any form allowed in islam and that shows the height of how far some people can go to slander islam.

you just think, islam is the fastest growin religion as of now, and majority of them accepting it are women. how would you, being a woman join a religion where it is lawful for you to be molested and raped?

What harm will it do to you if you offer me a simple explanation?

I am only asking questions and your temper is already rising to the boiling point!
Quickly you have accused me of blasphemy, next is a fatwa and then violence and shedding of innocent blood will follow!

sir, he that is without sin, should be the first to cast stone!
If you have ever committed any sin on his earth, then you have no single right to judge a sinner (assuming he has sinned).
but it seems all other men are "sinners" except Moslems!

The right to definition of sin exclusively belongs to Moslems
The right to judge sin and sinners exclusively belongs to Moslems
The right to execute the judgment against sinners, exclusively belongs to Moslems.
The right to worship God, also exclusively belongs to Moslems.

You call me a blasphemer because I disagree with Mohammed and his teachings, but you also have rejected Jesus and His teachings, will that make me to call for your head? No sir!

Jesus declared, " I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, and nobody comes unto the Father except by Me"!
I believe Him and trust Him with all my heart and I have seen His works of grace in my life!

You have not believed because you are not yet convinced! so, will I judge you No sir!
therefore sir, if you are truly a worshiper of the God that made the heavens and the earth, you have no right whatsoever, to judge a a sinner.

If you think someone is blaspheming, you have two things to do
1. Pray for them
2. persuade and convince them otherwise.

when you judge, condemn and kill people over matters that should be left between them and God, then you have taken God's position!
funny enough, the God I know is not interested in death of a sinner!
He wants all sinners to repent be saved!

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by vedaxcool(m): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2014
It is funny that someone here is saying he has not gotten an answer agreeable to him, yet he once said this after reading my answer;

vedaxcool: @ rafidi

Let cut our loses and do the following trade, whether she was 6 or 9 or not, can be seen in a historical context, those days people did marry early, even the jews married at such early age, this days we hear of tales where. A "child" of. 9 gave birth to her own child, so we can say even at ages of 9 a girl can be actually matured, hence my take on this issue is that then people had a different standard for judging the readiness/maturity of a girl for marriage hence putting our 21st centuary criteria that is fraught with hypocrisy as a standard to judge the marriage of Aisha ra at 9 is not sound logic at all! To compound the matter this days we see the stranges things like en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe the consensual age at england in one point was as low as 10 years, now it is 16, why the changing standards? In any case spain has an age of consent of 13 for both hetero and homo relations, in the link provided above you will see how most changed their age from one point to another, so the real question remains what criteria do they use? Hence it makes little sense to judge the issue of aisha age labeling pedophilia when we see this people dilly dallying on age of consent on the terms of who? The west? The issue of Aisha age to me remain a non issue!

Cheers01:
Well, this is something we can agree on. . .

https://www.nairaland.com/976885/how-react-when-non-muslim-criticizes/1

On this issues not every muslims agrees that Aisha r.a age was actually 9.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1660003_falsehood_png7d2e798bb8668540f33d6fe8cbda2435

2 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 28, 2014
vedaxcool: It is funny that someone here is saying he has gotten an answer agreeable to him, yet he once said this;

https://www.nairaland.com/976885/how-react-when-non-muslim-criticizes/1

On this issues not every muslims agrees that Aisha r.a age was actually 9.

So what was her correct age?

Besides, Mohammed is not no longer here and likewise Aisha!

Let us talk about today! Even if such practices were done in those days because of their primitive ways of thinking, how can somebody in todays world give out a a little girl of 14 to a man of 50 for marriage?

Common sense says it is child abuse!

1 Like

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by vedaxcool(m): 11:30am On Aug 28, 2014
Clean the log off your eyes,

vedaxcool: Op help your christian sister in the picture below,

http://m.aljazeera.com/story/20148269524221721

1 Like

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by true2god: 12:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
vedaxcool: Clean the log off your eyes,

What are you trying to justify? That it was praticed by some primitive and wicked pple justified what your prophet did.

Have you so debased your prophet such that you have to compare ethiopian child abuser with your pedophile prophet's lustful desires?

I see your point.

1 Like

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by golpen(m): 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
noblezone:

What harm will it do to you if you offer me a simple explanation?

I am only asking questions and your temper is already rising to the boiling point!
Quickly you have accused me of blasphemy, next is a fatwa and then violence and shedding of innocent blood will follow!

sir, he that is without sin, should be the first to cast stone!
If you have ever committed any sin on his earth, then you have no single right to judge a sinner (assuming he has sinned).
but it seems all other men are "sinners" except Moslems!

The right to definition of sin exclusively belongs to Moslems
The right to judge sin and sinners exclusively belongs to Moslems
The right to execute the judgment against sinners, exclusively belongs to Moslems.
The right to worship God, also exclusively belongs to Moslems.

You call me a blasphemer because I disagree with Mohammed and his teachings, but you also have rejected Jesus and His teachings, will that make me to call for your head? No sir!

Jesus declared, " I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, and nobody comes unto the Father except by Me"!
I believe Him and trust Him with all my heart and I have seen His works of grace in my life!

You have not believed because you are not yet convinced! so, will I judge you No sir!
therefore sir, if you are truly a worshiper of the God that made the heavens and the earth, you have no right whatsoever, to judge a a sinner.

If you think someone is blaspheming, you have two things to do
1. Pray for them
2. persuade and convince them otherwise.

when you judge, condemn and kill people over matters that should be left between them and God, then you have taken God's position!
funny enough, the God I know is not interested in death of a sinner!
He wants all sinners to repent be saved!

Shalom!

nonesense! typical christian grin

so out of all I said, the only thing you derived is I called you a blasphemer. simple english you can't understand. what a pity?

for the record, I was only giving you an advice not to dwellbin blasphemy, but as we can all see, you have chosen a name for yourself. ..I don't care.

as to my point, if I am to follow jesus because I believe in him as a prophet of Allah. jesus christ never wasted his time on an unyielding fig tree, instead, we all know what he did to it. that's another point for you, if you are wise.

peace!

3 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by AlBaqir(m): 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
"AN OUTCRY - that the holy prophet married A'isha at the age of six and consummate the wedding at the age of nine. (Sahih Bukhari) A minor

Some of this so-called 'authentic hadith' even quoted A'isha or her cousin Urwa that she was a minor who was still playing with doll when she married the holy prophet of Islam (peace be on him and his family). And in most cases she will sleep on the floor whilst playing with her doll.

Historical Fallacy!
Abubakr (A'isha's father) had Asma as his first child who was born 27years before Hijra. Aisha was the last born and history had it she was 10years younger to her eldest sister, Asma. (Sirah Ibn Hisham, Ibn Sa'd 'Tabaqat, Tarikh al-Tabari et al)

Asma died at the age of 100years in the 73rd year of Hijra. Meaning she was truly 27+years in the 1st year of Hijra. Same History however had it A'isha married the Prophet in the 2nd year of Hijra.

If Asma was 27years in the 1st year of Hijra, and was 10years older than Aisha and then A'isha got married to the holy prophet in the 2nd year of Hijra, how old was A'isha? 18years Old.
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by macof(m): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
Arabs have a culture that isn't in favour of the general Feminine gender, the man is so revered in Arab culture and traditions and the women must follow tradition

Muslims that aren't Arabs, are Arab slaves and shiit lickers, licking all the Arabs offer

When you see African Yoruba man behaving like Arab you know he is a mad slave

7 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by AbdH: 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
macof: Arabs have a culture that isn't in favour of the general Feminine gender, the man is so revered in Arab culture and traditions and the women must follow tradition

Muslims that aren't Arabs, are Arab slaves and shiit lickers, licking all the Arabs offer

When you see African Yoruba man behaving like Arab you know he is a mad slave

Reasonable Muslims all over the world behave like Muslims and not like Arabs.

4 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by true2god: 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
AbdH:

Arabs are more muslimic than any other muslims, they (arabs) represent the pure and true nature of Islam. A yoruba muslim can never be more muslimic than an arab muslims. Impossible!

3 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by macof(m): 9:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
AbdH:

Islam is to Arabs as Judaism is to Jews

Non-arab Muslims are Arab slaves

4 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by AlBaqir(m): 3:38am On Aug 29, 2014
macof:

Islam is to Arabs as Judaism is to Jews

Non-arab Muslims are Arab slaves

Its like you are a Yoruba man but slave of the western world just like your ancestors (no offense but reality).

You speak and write English! Na your Yoruba father language be that? Language slavery!

You wear T-shirt and trousers; covered shoe and trainers with socks! Na your father code of dressing be that? Clothing slavery!

Ancient Yoruba used to build their homes with clay soil and paint it with bull-shit (igbe maalu called eboto)! Why did you changed bro?

It is interesting in the Yoruba myth that Oduduwa, Yoruba Adam, migrated from Mecca, an Arab-land, to ile-ife

I can go on and on. Your slavery knows no bound. Just as your ancestors were made slave, you are also into modern slavery.

Islam is a universal religion though started in Arabia. Looking at the structure of the Quran, the golden book talks in a general terms to accommodate mankind of all ages and all nations. The sayings of the prophet of Islam is also the same except in few occasions where he was specific about the Arabs. He had companions from all races - African, Persian, Asian etc. Islam has its own code of conduct while the Arabs has there though people mix it together.

Kindly be a gentleman and stop derailing this thread.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by cloudstar: 5:51am On Aug 29, 2014

And where in the Bible did you see any of God's prophet marrying a Child? You have started with your evasive tactics again. So if a someone that claims to be a Christian cheats on his wife then it means that adultery is taught in the Bible abi? Your reasoning is always opposite of the subject at hand

3 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by cloudstar: 5:54am On Aug 29, 2014
noblezone:

So what was her correct age?

Besides, Mohammed is not no longer here and likewise Aisha!

Let us talk about today! Even if such practices were done in those days because of their primitive ways of thinking, how can somebody in todays world give out a a little girl of 14 to a man of 50 for marriage?

Common sense says it is child abuse!

History no dey lie. Islamic history is clear on this subject. Most Muslims think Mohammad was perfect so if he married a child then it is the right thing to do. Al-Bukhari clearly narrated that Aisha was 6 or 7 when Mohammad married her and was 9 when he slep.t with her.
Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by cloudstar: 5:55am On Aug 29, 2014
golpen:

nonesense! typical christian grin

so out of all I said, the only thing you derived is I called you a blasphemer. simple english you can't understand. what a pity?

for the record, I was only giving you an advice not to dwellbin blasphemy, but as we can all see, you have chosen a name for yourself. ..I don't care.

as to my point, if I am to follow jesus because I believe in him as a prophet of Allah. jesus christ never wasted his time on an unyielding fig tree, instead, we all know what he did to it. that's another point for you, if you are wise.

peace!

Can you provide a historical answer to the poster question?

2 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by cloudstar: 5:56am On Aug 29, 2014
AlBaqir: "AN OUTCRY - that the holy prophet married A'isha at the age of six and consummate the wedding at the age of nine. (Sahih Bukhari) A minor

Some of this so-called 'authentic hadith' even quoted A'isha or her cousin Urwa that she was a minor who was still playing with doll when she married the holy prophet of Islam (peace be on him and his family). And in most cases she will sleep on the floor whilst playing with her doll.

Historical Fallacy!
Abubakr (A'isha's father) had Asma as his first child who was born 27years before Hijra. Aisha was the last born and history had it she was 10years younger to her eldest sister, Asma. (Sirah Ibn Hisham, Ibn Sa'd 'Tabaqat, Tarikh al-Tabari et al)

Asma died at the age of 100years in the 73rd year of Hijra. Meaning she was truly 27+years in the 1st year of Hijra. Same History however had it A'isha married the Prophet in the 2nd year of Hijra.

If Asma was 27years in the 1st year of Hijra, and was 10years older than Aisha and then A'isha got married to the holy prophet in the 2nd year of Hijra, how old was A'isha? 18years Old.

Here is a Shiite view of the matter. He is claiming that Al-Bukhari is wrong. Based on his Historic calculation, Aisha was 18. Unfortunately for him, he has no early Islamic source to back him up grin. If you can provide an earlier account before Bukhari that claimed Aisha was 18; then we can take you seriously. However, your opinion doesn't change the view of nearly 90% of all Muslim jurisprudence on this matter

1 Like

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by cloudstar: 5:58am On Aug 29, 2014
AbdH:

Really, let us start by asking why "reasonable" Muslims who have their own culture and lineage decide to name themselves Arabic names.

3 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by cloudstar: 6:00am On Aug 29, 2014
AlBaqir:

Its like you are a Yoruba man but slave of the western world just like your ancestors (no offense but reality).

You speak and write English! Na your Yoruba father language be that? Language slavery!

You wear T-shirt and trousers; covered shoe and trainers with socks! Na your father code of dressing be that? Clothing slavery!

Ancient Yoruba used to build their homes with clay soil and paint it with bull-shit (igbe maalu called eboto)! Why did you changed bro?

It is interesting in the Yoruba myth that Oduduwa, Yoruba Adam, migrated from Mecca, an Arab-land, to ile-ife

I can go on and on. Your slavery knows no bound. Just as your ancestors were made slave, you are also into modern slavery.

Islam is a universal religion though started in Arabia. Looking at the structure of the Quran, the golden book talks in a general terms to accommodate mankind of all ages and all nations. The sayings of the prophet of Islam is also the same except in few occasions where he was specific about the Arabs. He had companions from all races - African, Persian, Asian etc. Islam has its own code of conduct while the Arabs has there though people mix it together.

Kindly be a gentleman and stop derailing this thread.

If we use this logic, we can say if you 'AlBaqir' drive a car, use a telephone, have flown in a plane, use electricity - you are a Western slave grin

4 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by malvisguy212: 6:17am On Aug 29, 2014

i'v seen you display this ignorance on many thread,is this man now compare to muhammad? Is he a prophet in the bible? A christian marrying 9years old girl,dos that mean he is a genuine born again christian? Muhammad is a prophet of islam who suppose to be a role model to you guys marry 9years old girl, do you wish to do the same thing?

3 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by AbdH: 6:39am On Aug 29, 2014
cloudstar:

Really, let us start by asking why "reasonable" Muslims who have their own culture and lineage decide to name themselves Arabic names.

Please, can you and Macof start another thread on this? Let us not derail any further, I don't like my posts being hidden.

1 Like

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by cloudstar: 6:51am On Aug 29, 2014
AbdH:

Please, can you and Macof start another thread on this? Let us not derail any further, I don't like my posts being hidden.

I didn't intend to derail, I was responding to your statement. It's hard to be a Muslim and not identify with Arab culture - that was my point

3 Likes

Re: Islam And The Abuse Of The Girl Child? by vedaxcool(m): 7:49am On Aug 29, 2014
malvisguy212: i'v seen you display this ignorance on many thread,is this man now compare to muhammad? Is he a prophet in the bible? A christian marrying 9years old girl,dos that mean he is a genuine born again christian? Muhammad is a prophet of islam who suppose to be a role model to you guys marry 9years old girl, do you wish to do the same thing?
cloudstar:
And where in the Bible did you see any of God's prophet marrying a Child? You have started with your evasive tactics again. So if a someone that claims to be a Christian cheats on his wife then it means that adultery is taught in the Bible abi? Your reasoning is always opposite of the subject at hand

How a reasonable and sensible christian reacted on reading the post;

HolyHolla:

Very good of you to point out that it's not only Muslims that engage in this practice. But I believe that you agree with me that it's a practice that should be discouraged. We should therefore, extend the advice to all the other groups like the Coptic Christians, (whose picture you just sampled) our traditionalist Africans, Indian tribesmen and others, don't you think?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hadiths On Tribalism, A Nairaland Problem / Kinds Of Tawassul (ways of seeking To Draw Close To Allah) / Islam And Disrespectful Behaviour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.