Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). (38190 Views)

Container Movement In Lagos To Any Part Of The Country / Container Loaded Trailer Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Sandra Duru's Landlord Throws Out Her Properties From Lagos Home (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by Bisjosh(f): 7:32am On Apr 29, 2017
BigStout:
My leg is paining me sad

Sorry
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by BigStout(m): 7:33am On Apr 29, 2017
Bisjosh:

Sorry

Thanks ma'am
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by alexanorah: 7:34am On Apr 29, 2017
I really wish Nigerians can start building this type of houses. I will soon build it.

http://somto.ng
hahn:
Nice one explorers

Container houses have been around for a while, not in Nigeria though, and I look forward to building something like this of my own

Although I will make it more spacey

Reasons why I like the concept are

1) You can "remove" the house eventually and relocate it to another plot of land

2) It is cheaper to build

3) It just looks different

4) There are lots of styles to choose from

5) Occupies less space

etc

Let me add some pics from some ideas I got online too
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by wristbangle: 7:35am On Apr 29, 2017
This is better to those slump buildings in lagos. This is an initiative LASG can adopt for people living in shanty areas hence make the environment look neat and a bit serene. To think of it, it's cheap.

7 Likes

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by Gpcseeds: 7:35am On Apr 29, 2017
It's lovely, but considering security, i don't think it's ideal for all that expenses.
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by lastmaster(m): 7:38am On Apr 29, 2017
if NEPA take light you don enter one chance be that

2 Likes

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by blackbelt(m): 7:38am On Apr 29, 2017
oluwa bless my hustle. To relegate my kpako farmhouse into this
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by natznext(m): 7:38am On Apr 29, 2017
This isn't new at all, I was expecting to see a Nigerian thing
Pricing, locating, adapting...
Nice one all the ways
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by dingbang(m): 7:40am On Apr 29, 2017
I will look into this when I have a stable job.. And begin renting out containers
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by pinkyruledworld(m): 7:41am On Apr 29, 2017
container offices are thebines in naija, tho I v had the urge to have my owm container apartment long ago
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by dicksonadams(m): 7:45am On Apr 29, 2017
87kwin:
I can now be a landlord.

Good concept.

Sure you meant a container Lord

2 Likes

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by bilulu(m): 7:49am On Apr 29, 2017
my current office is in a container u won't even no we're u re once inside especially if it's padded well but d major challenge here in naija is unstable electricity cuz its hot during d day. it's well secured wen it comes to security..... thanks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by mikky4764(f): 7:50am On Apr 29, 2017
87kwin post=56 :D017467:
I can now be a landlord.

y
Good concept.

grin cheesy
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by m20208899: 7:51am On Apr 29, 2017
emmy4lov:
nice interior, .. I know this is the handiwork of the Chinese. .
grin

I hope you guys are not trying to introduce this to naija ..

that's when you'll see guys converting old molue and Danfo bus to selfcontain apartment for rent. .

lol just thinking out loud grin

Well it will interest you to know people now live in such homes in the United Kingdom (UK) due to the current housing crisis, which means many people cannot afford high rent nor can they afford to buy a house either.
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by demgo: 7:52am On Apr 29, 2017
hahn:
Nice one explorers

Container houses have been around for a while, not in Nigeria though, and I look forward to building something like this of my own

1) You can "remove" the house eventually and relocate it to another plot of land

5) Occupies less space

etc

since I came across this have been craving for it, will get it one day. Though I also have this fear of it been towed with a crane while someone is inside it. But I still love and desire it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by hysteriabox(m): 7:54am On Apr 29, 2017
Nice.
Container homes arent popular here in Nigeria.
I read extensively about it and even sampled opinions.
The responses I got...
lol
Most feel its a "poverty mentality". Its like "you broke reach like this? Kuku wait for beta blessing b4 u build.
Building here that are uunconventional are greeted with degrading talk.
But container homes rock

You remember when Amaechi built a school in Rivers using containers? They general reaction brings my point home

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by daveP(m): 7:55am On Apr 29, 2017
dicksonadams:

Sure you meant a ContaLord
modified grin
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by oyetpel(m): 8:07am On Apr 29, 2017
hahn:
Nice one explorers

5) Occupies less space

etc

Its not cheap.
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by joinnow: 8:09am On Apr 29, 2017
Goldenheart:
cool Lovely.

1. Buy a plot of land
2. Consult an Architect
3. Buy a container or two (weld desired shape)
4. Hire an interior designer
5. Move in...

Roughly #2.2mil

Wrong

Two 40ft container is 1.6mlm
So tell me how the remaining 600k go fit arrange inside.
Insulation or padding go Run down your bill.

2 Likes

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by oyetpel(m): 8:12am On Apr 29, 2017
joinnow:

Wrong

Abi o, it's not cheap and middle class Nigerians would prefer to build a house than this.

Only our rich men can do this.
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by totalhouse(m): 8:17am On Apr 29, 2017
It is not as cheap as we think but it is a nice concept.. Where being cheap comes is is the area of repainting which does not occur in container house.. It is movable, and does not require too much space..
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by kencoinz(m): 8:18am On Apr 29, 2017
Our govt won't look into dis to make accommodation cheap for common man instead building estate up and down when you ask cost you go hear #1,000,000+

Oahu...
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by stolenstone: 8:19am On Apr 29, 2017
All of una Wey dey type this isn't new in the US of A, we don hear! United states of Aba people! The OP didn't say it's a new concept! Mtschewwww!! Explorers weldone joor! Back to the container house matter Wey dey burst brain! My major worry especially this model Wey u show us is basically ventilation. Windows no too dey! You can't have 24hrs power to run the AC in that bedroom in naija!
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by savagefinder: 8:31am On Apr 29, 2017
Ekkhann:
Despite it being cheaper,easier to outfit & almost on par with the traditional cement block house, most Nigerians would not want to live in it.
It would go a long way in solving our chronic housing shortage though.
as in ehn..but I would definitely love one..but luxurious one tho.
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by Explorers(m): 8:32am On Apr 29, 2017
stolenstone:

Windows no too dey! You can't have 24hrs power to run the AC in that bedroom in naija!

Different design, u can design 2 ur taste.

Drill as many windows, doors as possible.
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by savagefinder: 8:34am On Apr 29, 2017
stolenstone:
All of una Wey dey type this isn't new in the US of A, we don hear! United states of Aba people! The OP didn't say it's a new concept! Mtschewwww!! Explorers weldone joor! Back to the container house matter Wey dey burst brain! My major worry especially this model Wey u show us is basically ventilation. Windows no too dey! You can't have 24hrs power to run the AC in that bedroom in naija!
the container can be cut open for windows and even doors.. Most of them are fitted with solar panels.. Instead of spending 1million cement and wood.. You can instead, use it buy solar panels, enough to carry your fridge and every other device

1 Like

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by hernandson(m): 8:34am On Apr 29, 2017
EXCUSEme2:
wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked
shockedshockedshocked

Dis is wonderful..... Nice interior.... grin

bros trust me if your not working with anything that doesn't have siren,you've miss road

2 Likes

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by alexdan1881: 8:35am On Apr 29, 2017
Expect container Estate very soon. Nice concept.
But Nigerians will abuse it especially The people from the West will mock themselves. "I will rather be homeless than to live in Pangolo". Again Nice concpet. We just need to work on our thinking faculty. This will provide hone for all. The different will be the interior. Its according to your pocket. Once again nice concept
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by I888(m): 8:36am On Apr 29, 2017
kingreign:

Its steel, its stable.
my only concern with this thing is current leakage.

Na die ooo.
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by Juliearth(f): 8:38am On Apr 29, 2017
Creativity at its peak. However,I think the apartment would be stuffy
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by Goldenheart(m): 8:40am On Apr 29, 2017
joinnow:

Wrong

Insulation or padding go Run down your bill.

Oh boy..... shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan / Nigerian Man Dies After Jumping Out From His Condo In Malaysia - Pictures / Documents To Ask For When Buying Land Any Where In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.