Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,713 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). (38189 Views)

Container Movement In Lagos To Any Part Of The Country / Container Loaded Trailer Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Sandra Duru's Landlord Throws Out Her Properties From Lagos Home (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by hahn(m): 12:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
alexanorah:
I really wish Nigerians can start building this type of houses. I will soon build it.

http://somto.ng

Boss, when you go give me that N1m wey you promise me na? I go open thread for your head o cheesy
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by hahn(m): 12:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
lovelygurl:

But what if sth happens, it's not really stable

Something like what?
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by Explorers(m): 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
[quote author=Ajewealth123 post=56031500][/quote]

Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by losvemous: 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2017
Container home isn't new, although that might not be the case here in Nigeria. One thing I love about container home as an interior designer is the creativity that comes in the interior decor, the space management and the wood surfaces.

I designed this last year using two containers; a 40' and a 20' container. It has a lounge, a kitchen with dinning extension and a two bedrooms with toilets.

1 Like

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by niceair(m): 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
elfico:
There is a company that does this in Nigeria. the company is based in Lagos. Some of their works are very impressive and neat. They use about two or three containers and insulate it well. from the exterior you will have a hard time knowing it was made of containers.
Please the name of the company
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by tunjilomo(m): 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
Technology
In
Progress.
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by MrBONE2(m): 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
emmy4lov:
nice interior, .. I know this is the handiwork of the Chinese. .
grin

I hope you guys are not trying to introduce this to naija ..

that's when you'll see guys converting old molue and Danfo bus to selfcontain apartment for rent. .

lol just thinking out loud grin
Good ideal grin
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:07pm On Apr 29, 2017
fuckerstard:
Lovely, it's new here in 9ja
nope... There's a dope hotel in Karu Abuja that has what they call "Travelers suit" very cozy and cheap accommodation in a very rich environment.
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by ylaa(f): 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2017
Me too no mind
Nice one but could be hot during hot weather

uote author=sisisioge post=56015708]Groovy! I swear I no mind o.[/quote]
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by sisisioge: 1:55pm On Apr 29, 2017
ylaa:
Me too no mind
Nice one but could be hot during hot weather

uote author=sisisioge post=56015708]Groovy! I swear I no mind o.

Padding and AC to the rescue.

1 Like

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by ylaa(f): 1:56pm On Apr 29, 2017
Thumps up

quote author=sisisioge post=56036318]

Padding and AC to the rescue.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2017
If I have my way, I would go into deep forest.. Have this type of trailer house installed there, furnish it and install Solar power there, with my dstv, dig water there.. Whenever I want to run away from Nigeria problem to relax.. I will just hire helicopter to drop me there and come pick me when I'm ready to come back..

2 Likes

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
Having this inside forest will make sense than having it in town.. More breeze and safety in the forest.. While installing lot repellent for animals

1 Like

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by ruggie: 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
So..... is there anyone here that can provide the services or actually build one of these things ?
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by oyetpel(m): 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
hahn:

My bad
Cheaper to build than conventional housing. Agreed?

Am talking about money.
Price of container.
Price of Upholstery.
etc
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by laudate: 3:07pm On Apr 29, 2017
losvemous:
Container home isn't new, although that might not be the case here in Nigeria. One thing I love about container home as an interior designer is the creativity that comes in the interior decor, the space management and the wood surfaces.

I designed this last year using two containers; a 40' and a 20' container. It has a lounge, a kitchen with dinning extension and a two bedrooms with toilets.

Please share the total cost from start to finish. undecided
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by hahn(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
oyetpel:

Am talking about money.

Price of container.

Price of Upholstery.

etc

As opposed to conventional housing?
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by elfico(m): 6:20pm On Apr 29, 2017
niceair:
Please the name of the company
here http://tempohousingnigeria.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by juman(m): 7:45pm On Apr 29, 2017
Not appropriate here because of high level of insecurity.

Wait a minute!

Where are the houses this senseless apc government promised nigerian?
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by Mhmd(m): 11:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
You can buy any container of your choice here www.mohbib.net
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by mikolo80: 11:58pm On Apr 29, 2017
lovelygurl:

But what if sth happens, it's not really stable
something like what
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by kingreign(m): 4:58am On Apr 30, 2017
onatisi:
most of the time it is insulated against heat .you wont fee any heat. The only downside is the rusting issue
Rusts can be prevented by use of ship or marine paints or even antitrust compounds such as rubberized paints and thin layer of tar.

Heat can be prevented by use of plywood installed in vacuum or even having felts and polystyrene.

I love this concept but folks in this part of the globe won't love such.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by onatisi(m): 6:41am On Apr 30, 2017
kingreign:

Rusts can be prevented by use of ship or marine paints or even antitrust compounds such as rubberized paints and thin layer of tar.

Heat can be prevented by use of plywood installed in vacuum or even having felts and polystyrene.

I love this concept but folks in this part of the globe won't love such.
But marine paints are very expensive. I like this concept too.
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by bigfather(m): 11:04am On Apr 30, 2017
martineverest:
dis isnt new...its popular in US

but its new in Naija

1 Like

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by Laird(m): 8:15pm On May 01, 2017
This can be used for government and low income housing with cheap security cameras, burglary proof balconies to dry stuff and keep power generators
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by AyamConfidence(m): 1:21pm On May 02, 2017
I love this....I'll build this by God's grace.....containhouse watch out

Confidence is coming for you
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by AyamConfidence(m): 1:25pm On May 02, 2017
kingreign:

love this concept but folks in this part of the globe won't love such .
you know this reminds me if a wise saying.... "You start living when you stop caring about what other people will say"

If you like it...you go ahead with it...even the talkers will accept it if they are given cos "na person wey no get money to buy beer go talk say beer bitter" cheesy

1 Like

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by AyamConfidence(m): 1:34pm On May 02, 2017
losvemous:

this is beautiful... Very impressive
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by kingreign(m): 5:55pm On May 02, 2017
AyamConfidence:
you know this reminds me if a wise saying.... "You start living when you stop caring about what other people will say"

If you like it...you go ahead with it...even the talkers will accept it if they are given cos "na person wey no get money to buy beer go talk say beer bitter" cheesy
Old wise adage tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by Mambox: 6:42am On May 05, 2017
hahn:

A lot of "companies" use it but I was referring to the average man using it as a home

I should have added that it's used by civilians, youth corps members and security details. It's a normal community is I'll say. Stores are there too.
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by hahn(m): 1:14pm On May 05, 2017
Mambox:

I should have added that it's used by civilians, youth corps members and security details. It's a normal community is I'll say. Stores are there too.

Cool. Do you have pictures?
Re: Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos). by Mambox: 7:39pm On May 06, 2017
hahn:

Cool. Do you have pictures?

Sadly, I don't. It's been a decade already. Would check online if I can find any though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan / Nigerian Man Dies After Jumping Out From His Condo In Malaysia - Pictures / Documents To Ask For When Buying Land Any Where In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.