Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) (35090 Views)

Zamfara Donates 8.5million Naira To Families Of Fallen Nigerien Soldiers / Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats / Navy, Army Deploy Fighter Jets, Gunboats To Warri Creeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by zoba88: 9:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
Security of Rivers Waterways: Governor Wike donates Eight Gunboats to the Nigerian Navy

In furtherance of the state's investment in the security of lives on her waterways, Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike on Friday  donated eight security  Gunboats to the Nigerian Navy.

Governor Wike  also announced the further acquisition  of 13 Special Boats to be distributed to the Nigerian Navy, Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Police for enhanced maritime security.

The security gunboats donated to the  the Nigerian Navy are fitted with special security features, 200 horse power engine, 12.7mm guns, autonomatic grenade launchers and communication  facilities  to navigate Rivers Waterways and creeks.

Launching the security gunboats at the Federal Lighter Terminal, Onne, Governor Wike said that his administration remains committed to the promotion of security of lives and property across the state.

He stated that his administration's  deliberate investments  in the security  architecture  of  the  state has yielded positive results as Rivers is one of the safest states  where people carry out their businesses without  molestation.

He said: "These boats  are for the security of  lives and property  in Rivers State.  They should not be taken to the neighbouring  states on any account. Any state that wants to secure her waterways  should purchase her own gunboats.

"The truth is that security  is paramount.  There is no governance  without security.  That is why this administration  is investing in security.  We are doing everything  humanly  possible  to support  the security  agencies to carry out their responbilities".

The governor directed the Nigerian Navy to ensure that they stop sea-pirates from operating  in the State.

He warned the  Navy against  using the Gunboats  for the rigging of  elections. The governor  also assured that he will always promote  the  unity of the country.

In his remarks, the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok Ibas commended the Rivers State Governor for his provision of the Gunboats and other logistical support.

He assured the governor that the Nigerian Navy will put the Gunboats to use as they ensure the promotion of security of lives and property in Rivers State.

Commander of the Nigerian Navy Ship Pathfinder, Navy Commodore Sam Bura lauded Governor Wike for his interest in security matters.

The boats were commissioned  by the Chief of Defence Staff, General Abayomi Olonishakin.

Simeon Nwakaudu,

Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor,

Electronic Media.

28th April, 2017.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/04/security-of-rivers-waterways-governor.html

3 Likes

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by zoba88: 9:16pm On Apr 28, 2017

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Alitair(m): 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2017
lipsrsealed is it me or is that gov wine i see there?

10 Likes

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by eunisam: 9:18pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nice one ! Wike is doing well take it or come and beat me

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by nero2face: 9:18pm On Apr 28, 2017
while others are still busy trying to please Baba...Gov. Otom of Benue pliz come and see oh...Omenka !!, are u there ?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by zoba88: 9:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
zoba88:
More
more

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Khd95(m): 9:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
NDA miscreants will sniff their ballsgrin

wike,i cut cap for u on this one cool

16 Likes

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Annie939(f): 9:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
good one Mr project

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 28, 2017
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nice one o
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by harffie(m): 10:07pm On Apr 28, 2017
grin
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by rawpadgin(m): 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2017
APC will be blind this na o

4 Likes

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2017
Ana akukwadi aka ebe a?

6 Likes

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Kaimallamm: 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2017
Niger Delta navy, this what goodluck Jonathan and obasanjom were fighting for. Niger Delta.
Niger Delta navy

The one year anniversary and others of the Niger Delta will celebrated in future. The next thing is the election of the premier of the Niger Delta and Chad basic region and central region

What is donate.

wike wait for shetimma or Dalong to come and buy for the navy.

Ambode or Ajimobi is coming to donate to the navy in river state.

The only says, you can't buy weapon.
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by BigStout(m): 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2017
God bless biafra and mazi Nnamdi kanu

8 Likes

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by JohnieWalker12(m): 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2017
I dedicate this front page to my kitten Thelma grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2017
FEAR FACTOR!
You claimed Nigerian army is dead, again you quickly ran to buy boat so they don't deal with you! Shege Wike

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2017
O
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by cyojunior1(m): 10:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hey! Governor wine ke ! Abo am I nt seeing wat am sighting

Nyce one though it will enhance those securing the water ways to carry out duty on water diligently.
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by saracus(f): 10:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nice. My governor doing well since 2015

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Lilaex: 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2017
Adc

1 Like

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by datopaper(m): 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nigeria Journalists receive sense in Jesus Name! Wike donates 8 sth to somebody, as if Wike is helping them

Rubbish

Receive sense!

I repeat, receive sense

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by babylawyr(f): 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2017
When you say "donated', im confused. Did he buy it with his money for the Nigerian Navy or he used Rivers State funds?

3 Likes

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2017
sad undecided sad it is Nigerians money.we can't do something here with showing off.
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
Shoot them all.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by EKITI001: 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hmmm..
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by sapientia1(m): 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
Governor Wine? which state does he govern please?

1 Like

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by djlawex02(m): 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
JohnieWalker12:
stolen cat... awon eyan oge okoye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by HiliaryAutos(m): 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
Work and chop money no wahala... But chop and clean mouth na so God go clean mouth for those corrupt politian children and generations life.
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by smartty68(m): 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2017

1 Like

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by lonelydora: 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
This ceremony happened in Onne and I didn't know? Good move from Wike, but will it curb the oil bunkering going on in all the nooks and crannies of Onne? Time will tell.
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by mokoshalb(m): 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
JohnieWalker12:
give me 3 reasons why I won't steal this kitten on first sight! grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There Is Nothing Called The North — Abaribe / Off-loading The Presidential Fleet / I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.