Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Tinubu: I’m Writing A Book On How We Removed Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I’m Writing A Book On How We Removed Jonathan (636 Views)

Why We Removed Jimi Agbaje’s Billboard On Third Mainland Bridge: LASAA / 2019: Why We Removed Buhari’s Billboards – Dankwambo’s Aide / "How We Removed Jonathan" - Tinubu Writing A Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: I’m Writing A Book On How We Removed Jonathan by themomentng: 9:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, says he is working on a book on how his party unseated an incumbent president.

President Muhammadu Buhari, who was the candidate of the APC defeated former President Goodluck Jonathan in the 2015 election.

Tinubu has been hailed for the role he played in helping the ruling party form government at the centre.

Speaking at the launch of ‘Against the Run of Play’, a book by Olusegun Adeniyi, a renowned journalist, Tinubu said he will soon tell the story of how he moulded APC to end the 16-year reign of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Tunde Rahman, Tinubu’s media aide, represented him at the programme.

“Some have said that they will tell their story, Asiwaju is also working on his own book to tell his account of what transpired,” Rahman said.

“To tell how he was able to mould the APC to the extent that it was able to unseat an incumbent president for the first time in the history of our contemporary politics.”

He also said his loss of the vice-presidential seat could not be compared to the achievements of Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo.

Tinubu added that he made a good choice nominating Osinbajo as the running mate to Buhari.

On Thursday, newspapers, which had advanced copies of Adeniyi’s book, had reported how Tinubu, one of those featured in the book, accused Senate President Bukola Saraki and Nasir el-Rufai, governor of Kaduna state, of working against his emergence as Buhari’s running mate.

But Rahman said his principal was quoted out of context in some reports.

“The account of what transpired as told by Bola Ahmed Tinubu in the book and as presented in some newspapers is not about him losing the vice-presidency and the eventual vice-president emerging, as the reviewer has put it,” he said.

“Asiwaju spoke in greater context in that book, and when people are making comments, they should speak with the context in which he spoke. If they are saying that Asiwaju lost the vice-presidency and that a vice-president emerged, where did he emerge from? Who nominated the vice-president?

“I’d like to say that even the vice-president has said on some occasions that a certain political leader from the south-west nominated him for the job and we all know who that is.

“That nomination has been a very good choice from all the wonderful things the vice-president has been doing.”

Re: Tinubu: I’m Writing A Book On How We Removed Jonathan by RealLordZeus(m): 9:24pm On Apr 28, 2017
Lemme find my pen also Coz seems this is the season of book writing

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I’m Writing A Book On How We Removed Jonathan by DrGoodman: 9:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
We are writing a book on how you were slam dunked, humiliated and kicked from the corridors of power after your bosses have squeezed out every ounce of usefullness as Buharry became president grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I’m Writing A Book On How We Removed Jonathan by Annie939(f): 9:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
operation write your own book
Re: Tinubu: I’m Writing A Book On How We Removed Jonathan by Vicolan: 9:34pm On Apr 28, 2017
We are waiting too.....But remember nothing last 4va..... Another person will write about you too
Re: Tinubu: I’m Writing A Book On How We Removed Jonathan by lumenkristy: 9:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
Inconsequential
Re: Tinubu: I’m Writing A Book On How We Removed Jonathan by SIRmanjar(m): 9:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
This smelling mouth of a guy is a SICK man! U shuld betta write a book on how it feels to be used and discharged like a used tissue paper..THIEF
Re: Tinubu: I’m Writing A Book On How We Removed Jonathan by Nukilia: 9:42pm On Apr 28, 2017
STUPID!

We rather want a book on how you have been able to deliver on the promises you made to Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I’m Writing A Book On How We Removed Jonathan by Jirate(m): 9:47pm On Apr 28, 2017
Foolishness at it's Peak, what positve impact has APC as a party had on this Country ever since, none that I can think of.
Living conditions has worsen since they assumed office and this jagaban is talking about a stupid book project, what a Shame.cool
Re: Tinubu: I’m Writing A Book On How We Removed Jonathan by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 28, 2017
Ah swear...

JONAH NA BOSS.. everyone wan form relevant on top am..

while haterz keep hating..

seniorman.. cool
Re: Tinubu: I’m Writing A Book On How We Removed Jonathan by Caricature(f): 2:43pm On Apr 29, 2017
What's up with this Jonathan business?

(1) (Reply)

Jews Bow Before The Anointed Son Of Gad / PHOTOS: Gov. Ganduje Freed 50 Inmates At Kano Central Prison / Angry Commissioner Curses Bribe-taking Police Officers, Orders Them Out Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.