Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,240 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

The Political Gladiators In Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Political Gladiators In Osun (764 Views)

Bayelsa Gladiators Wait For Supreme Court Ruling / All The Political Gladiators In Lagos Closing Ranks In Bourdillon (Pics) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017: Ngige Body Language Scatters APC Gladiators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Political Gladiators In Osun by hanbaliola(m): 3:32pm On Apr 29, 2017
The race and struggle for the number one seat in Osun had commenced fully and the battle to outsmart each other kept on growing day by day. Each candidate with a style to maneuver opponent, either on ethnic, religion or zoning ground.

My concerns are not the candidates but the people that will vote based on frivolous promises and tribal sentiment.

Being a Political leader requires a well thought plan, purpose, roadmap, clearly stated objectives and a well articulated means of accomplishing the stated objectives. If not once at the helm of affairs, distraction set in and a clear road become a mirage.

The Action Group headed by Chief Obafemi Awolowo was one of the first party that has a defined manifesto, may be that explained why till date some of its policies are yet to be match.

What we need is a man of vision, energy and the capacity to make things done, irrespective of his background and status. A man who will not let in for political godfatherism.

We definitely don't want people that took politics as a business enterprise and vie for such to enrich their pocket. In other to govern properly, there is the need to understanding the terrain of the State and of its inhabitants as well as their important needs.

A government that will prioritize it's priority and engage in human and capital development for the betterment of all. government that will impact to all, not few selective privileged and connected fellows.

My people need to look for only these aforementioned and other qualities in whoever they choose to vote for, let put bygone to the era of Ọmọ wa ni, a slogan for it is our child, even at the expense of merit, these are only the situation that will give us the right to call to other and demand accountability from whoever emerge as the Governor. Get me right, If Omo wa (our child) merit the quality, he is as free as anybody, what I am trying to say is let allow competition and the best will emerge not selection.

Osun is bigger than all of us, so it's development ought to be our latest priority, campaign of hatred and tribal sentiment should be shun and jettison if only we crave to move forward.

Political power shouldn't be see as a way of rewarding our kinsfolk and honor our friends, this practice ruin democracy and make a total mess of what we might have build, let transparency be our watchword and the mantra which will guide our selection irrespective of political affiliation.

Greater Osun is my utmost priority.

Rasheed Hanbali Olaitan
Re: The Political Gladiators In Osun by mybestlove(m): 3:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
Come 2019, many shall deny self. Political scenes shall outsmart every engagement.
But I tell you, our politicians shall be disappointed as world events won't permit rascal political ideology.

(1) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Welcomes The 82 Released Chibok Schoolgirls As They Arrive FCT, Abuja / I Will Deal With Justice Binta Nnamdi Kanu Sparks / NAIJA NEWSPAPERS: Today's Punch Newspaper Headlines [30 May, 2017].

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.