Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? (822 Views)

Kenyan Pastor Invites 'jesus' To Preach In Her Church,visits Her Family(photos) / Why Most Christians Don't Have The Capacity To Perform Miracles / Mistakes Most Christians In Nigeria Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by roldee(m): 11:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
so, have been thinking of it lately that most christians refer to jesus as God. even the bible refers to jesus as "the son and lamb of God". so, why do most christians refer to him as the supreme being? and i know someone will talk about trinity.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by ademasta(m): 11:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
Because Jesus is Lord

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by Augustinadangs: 11:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
Trinity
Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by peteregwu(m): 12:00am On Apr 30, 2017
Guy, are you just waking up? So you don't know Jesus is God? See, this is the fact that Jesus is God.

Jesus is the word of God; the word has been with God since the beginning, which means the word was not created; the word of God is God; and by the same word of God, all things were created.

I have many more to prove it but let me stop here. Hope you understand it now, Op?

John 1:1-3 KJV
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by menxer: 12:12am On Apr 30, 2017
OP, u neva chichumchin

Don't expect any one to shift from indoctrinated positions because of what you have come to know.

If you like let an angel come from heaven and preach, Jesus is God...

... To them that believe.

To Believe and to know, what is the difference?
Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by roldee(m): 12:31am On Apr 30, 2017
peteregwu:
Guy, are you just waking up? So you don't know Jesus is God? See, this is the fact that Jesus is God.

Jesus is the word of God; the word has been with God since the beginning, which means the word was not created; the word of God is God; and by the same word of God, all things were created.

I have many more to prove it but let me stop here. Hope you understand it now, Op?

John 1:1-3 KJV
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

ok fine you said jesus is God. in these same bible... moses only saw the back view of God and you know the rest...and dont forget that in this same bible was it written"for God so love the world that he gave is only begotten son" not "himself" and you still have it that... no one knoweth the time when the son of man shall return not "God" op you can see.
Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by roldee(m): 12:35am On Apr 30, 2017
menxer:
OP, u neva chichumchin

Don't expect any one to shift from indoctrinated positions because of what you have come to know.

kiss
menxer:
OP, u neva chichumchin

Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by CandidSeeker(m): 12:35am On Apr 30, 2017
JESUS IS GOD.

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

… And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

- Jn 14:5-14

I and my Father are one. - Jn.10:30

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. - Col.2:9

…For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah.9:6 (The Names revealed who came.)

-Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by roldee(m): 12:38am On Apr 30, 2017
menxer:
OP, u neva chichumchin

op...The last part i can really grab from your perspective...elaborate
Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by menxer: 12:46am On Apr 30, 2017
roldee:
op...The last part i can really grab from your perspective...elaborate
I know I am not the op, am I?
Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by menxer: 12:50am On Apr 30, 2017
CandidSeeker:
JESUS IS GOD.

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

… And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

- Jn 14:5-14

I and my Father are one. - Jn.10:30

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. - Col.2:9

…For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah.9:6 (The Names revealed who came.)

-Peace.

OK, that is like saying the son of PMB is PMB.
After all his father's blood runs in his veins. Abi?

As above so below, remember?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by Nobody: 6:02am On Apr 30, 2017
Jehovah’s witness ..... Very obvious. I remember when I was one hard-core regular pioneer
Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by roldee(m): 6:30am On Apr 30, 2017
damariox:
Jehovah’s witness ..... Very obvious. I remember when I was one hard-core regular pioneer
you are very wrong!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by malvisguy212: 6:52am On Apr 30, 2017
menxer:

OK, that is like saying the son of PMB is PMB.
After all his father's blood runs in his veins. Abi?

As above so below, remember?
Jesus is the word of God. just as you and your word are one. read Colossian chapter one and john chapter one to know who Jesus really is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by menxer: 7:06am On Apr 30, 2017
malvisguy212:
Jesus is the word of God. just as you and your word are one. read Colossian chapter one and john chapter one to know who Jesus really is.
That's OK.
And malvisguy212 is the word of who?
Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by hezy4real01(m): 7:08am On Apr 30, 2017
Could it be that most of us don't have the understanding of the scripture
Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by malvisguy212: 7:52am On Apr 30, 2017
menxer:

That's OK.
And malvisguy212 is the word of who?
me. and me and my word are ONE not two.
Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by menxer: 7:57am On Apr 30, 2017
malvisguy212:
me. and me and my word are ONE not two.

And you are defending a word not your own, is your word not Worth hearing?
Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by Origin(f): 8:38am On Apr 30, 2017
God never Changes.

From the old testament to the new testament to the Quran -God has never played with His Singularity. His Uniqueness. His Oneness.

That was why God loved Abraham. The reason He dismissed Adam and Eve.

So I tend to doubt what a few verses say. If I read "I am that I am". Logic tells me this is God praising himself. He is the only One befitting of such praise but some would associate it to a person. All the prophets are human beings and they do not speak of themselves but come with the Word of God.

Hear O People, thy Lord thy God is One"

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by Richirich713: 8:46am On Apr 30, 2017
The reason christians believe Jesus is God is because the Bible says he is God. eg John 1:1
Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by Blue86(m): 5:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
If man can only understand his make up then the theory of the Father, Son,and the Holy Spirit being one will be clear.
May the Lord give you understanding .
Re: Why Do Most Christians Call Jesus To Be God? by Xtianvic(m): 9:44pm On Apr 30, 2017
roldee:
so, have been thinking of it lately that most christians refer to jesus as God. even the bible refers to jesus as "the son and lamb of God". so, why do most christians refer to him as the supreme being? and i know someone will talk about trinity.
the bible says all things were created through Jesus, and a God is a Creator. Hebrews 1:8 says "To His Son He said, Your throne oh God is forever and ever"... Also read John 1:1

(1) (Reply)

How Proof For The Resurrection Led Dr Qureshi From Islam To Christian Apologist / Kill The Rapist If You Can / Why do youths die these days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.