Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric (1724 Views)

Masquerade Converts To Christianity And Becomes An Evangelist In 6 Months(photo) / Nigerian Pastor Combines Christianity And Islam And Creates Brand New Church / The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 30, 2017
We can all agree that religion institutions like Crusade, Spanish Inquisition, Al-Qayeda, Al-Shababe, ISIS, Boko-Hareme were/are barbaric as barbaric can get. All their atrocities were/are in the name of their religion and their religions perfectly supported/support it. There were/are also other minor institutions and personal deeds that were/are the same like the above.

Religion is not only a system created by men for their fantasy God/gods, but also as a means to control others. If those people refused to be controlled, then we all know what happened to them.

If it wasn't for Christianity and Islam, we would have been many hundred years advanced from now and all those atrocities could had been avoided. The Greeks, Romans, Arabs to list a few, were very logical. Their works are still being used today. Their logics were lost for many hundred years because of those religions. Most of the Renaissance works were nothing but a discovered works of Greeks, Romans and Arabs to list a few.

Let's hope that as science advanced, those religions will be eliminated once and for all.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by hopefulLandlord: 7:42am On Apr 30, 2017
interesting
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by Nutase: 7:43am On Apr 30, 2017
I see them coming for your head bro angry
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by whitebeard(m): 7:58am On Apr 30, 2017
I don't know about that Quran but the Bible Is being misinterpreted and misunderstood that's why u think Christianity is fücked up..but it isn't fuùcked..u just need to understand it yourself not until someone preach it to u
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by Richirich713: 8:00am On Apr 30, 2017
If "christianity" was and is barbaric, it's strange that you have to go 1000 years after Jesus to some christians as if they represent what christianity is.
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by alBHAGDADI: 8:11am On Apr 30, 2017
Richirich713:
If "christianity" was and is barbaric, it's strange that you have to go 1000 years after Jesus to some christians as if they represent what christianity is.
Thank you my brother.

SD for islam, what the terrorists of today so is no different from what Mohammad and the early Muslims did.
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by youngG10(m): 8:43am On Apr 30, 2017
O! You christians and the whole world,think about this
If you think muslems are terrorist
Or islam teaches terrorism...then take a look at syria,nigeria,pakistan,somalia are muslems not the victims of the terror? If your religion teaches your people to kill you, will you still be practicing that religion?...no...will the religion be the fastest growing on earth?...no....so where is your mind at? ....where is your understanding at?....or it is just a selfishness and arrogance...islam is peace if you only understand what its purpose is..if we are terrorist and my beloved muhammad (s.a.w) teaches terrorism tell me who will remain on earth..we are 1/3 of the world population...you dnt hv to listen to heresayers...read the quran not to critize it but to understand it...i swear to God you'll suddently repent wallahi iknw of many Christian who converted to islam by doing this...dont be afraid you may convert...take a time and read the translation of quran if you find something othr than peace that you never have in your heart...may God take my soul away today
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by ellagabs(f): 8:58am On Apr 30, 2017
youngG10:
Or islam teaches terrorism...then take a look at syria,nigeria,pakistan,somalia are muslems not the victims of the terror? If your religion teaches your people to kill you, will you still be practicing that religion?...no...will the religion be the fastest growing on earth?...no....so where is your mind at? ....where is your understanding at?....or it is just a selfishness and arrogance...islam is peace if you only understand what its purpose is..if we are terrorist and my beloved muhammad (s.a.w) teaches terrorism tell me who will remain on earth..we are 1/3 of the world population...you dnt hv to listen to heresayers...read the quran not to critize it but to understand it...i swear to God you'll suddently repent wallahi iknw of many Christian who converted to islam by doing this...dont be afraid you may convert...take a time and read the translation of quran if you find something othr than peace that you never have in your heart...may God take my soul away today

Oga, even ur Quran [verse 10:94] told u guys dat if u r confused abt d book, u shud swalow ur pride n ask CHRISTIANS for help grin
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by alBHAGDADI: 9:00am On Apr 30, 2017
youngG10:
Bloody Al taquiya disciple.

Your claim of Islam bit in support of terrorism cos Muslims are the major victims of terrorism has been debunked below

https://www.nairaland.com/3707284/christians-muslims-why-isis-kills
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 30, 2017
Nutase:
I see them coming for your head bro angry
Then, I've no choice, but to fight those savages.
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 30, 2017
Richirich713:
Why don't they represent Christianity? Even Pope Urban, was the starter of the Crusade.
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 30, 2017
youngG10:
Islam like other religions, not only targeted/target outside of the religion, but also inside of the religion who oppose minor things. If you don't support it or partially support it, then you will be a victim. The Quran perfectly state that Jihade is morally right. Even on most of ISIS atrocities videos, they kill those people while showing Quran texts to support their deeds. There are morally good Muslims who oppose the act of their religion, but if they oppose some points of the Quran, then they are not Muslim to the fully Muslim. Almost all the religions in the world are nothing but a savage and we need to eliminate them for the morality of humanity. My opinion! Nothing personal!

Peace! smiley

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by lfleak: 10:10am On Apr 30, 2017
Lol!
Honestly on a more serious note, you talking of barbaric scene caused by religion like WTF!
OK, let me assume I agree with you OP... Do you think Atheism will bring like a peaceful society where everyone will be cool..? lol like wtf??!
You will be killed, since I have no fear of any punishment then we are into lawlessness.. I kill you and run away, rape your sister... and many more atrocities that would be committed if there was no religion! you guys just think in an awkward manner... you think everyone will be as calm as you..? grin grin

senseless thread!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by lfleak: 10:11am On Apr 30, 2017
Hati13:

Islam like other religions, not only targeted/target outside of the religion, but also inside of the religion who oppose minor things. If you don't support it or partially support it, then you will be a victim. The Quran perfectly state that Jihade is morally right. Even on most of ISIS atrocities videos, they kill those people while showing Quran texts to support their deeds. There are morally good Muslims who oppose the act of their religion, but if they oppose some points of the Quran, then they are not Muslim to the fully Muslim. Almost all the religions in the world are nothing but a savage and we need to eliminate them for the morality of humanity. My opinion! Nothing personal!

Peace! smiley
Hey hey, tell me the meaning of JIHAD you just mention both literaly and accoerding to the Quran.. media islamite.. grin
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by malvisguy212: 10:22am On Apr 30, 2017
Hati13:

Why don't they represent Christianity? Even Pope Urban, was the starter of the Crusade.
you have a lot to learn. the disciples die for their faith , the early christian were persecuted for their faith, did they fight back ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by Richirich713: 10:37am On Apr 30, 2017
Hati13:

Christ represents christianity, not pope urban.
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 30, 2017
lfleak:
Lol!
Honestly on a more serious note, you talking of barbaric scene caused by religion like WTF!
OK, let me assume I agree with you OP... Do you think Atheism will bring like a peaceful society where everyone will be cool..? lol like wtf??!
You will be killed, since I have no fear of any punishment then we are into lawlessness.. I kill you and run away, rape your sister... and many more atrocities that would be committed if there was no religion! you guys just think in an awkward manner... you think everyone will be as calm as you..? grin grin

senseless thread!
Atheism isn't a religion, but a belief that God/gods don't exist. So, since it isn't a religion, any atrocities will not be committed in the name of a religion.

You've no good morals, because the only reason you didn't killed me and raped my sister was because you believe you will be punished by your God. If we live in a Atheist society, everyone will be governed by his true morality. If you are morally good, you will productive member of the society. If you are morally bad, then you will be punished. No one will be governed by some fantasy religion. If you deeply know about Communism, one of it's principle is to eradicate religion.

Why do you say this thread is useless? It's you opinion, but one of the characteristics of religious person is to judge everything negatively, if it's outside of his religion.
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 30, 2017
lfleak:
Hey hey, tell me the meaning of JIHAD you just mention both literaly and accoerding to the Quran.. media islamite.. grin
It has many meanings, even within Islam. The classic Islam law refers it as a armed struggle against non believers. That was how early Arabs conquered large areas and brought distractions to the areas, just because they didn't believed in a fantasy. Know to protect their reputation, modern Islamic scholars are defining it as a defensive armed struggle.
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 30, 2017
malvisguy212:
you have a lot to learn. the disciples die for their faith , the early christian were persecuted for their faith, did they fight back ?
Most of the early Christians were suffering greatly and poor, so they didn't had power to stop the persecution. But when true Christianity started to spread to those who had power, then they started to show mankind the true definition of hell. Those atrocities continued until Secularism/Atheism started to show up and said, enough is enough. The current life is relatively great than the past, because of the growing of secularism.
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by CatfishBilly: 11:21am On Apr 30, 2017
whitebeard:
I don't know about that Quran but the Bible Is being misinterpreted and misunderstood that's why u think Christianity is fücked up..but it isn't fuùcked..u just need to understand it yourself not until someone preach it to u
That is what Muslims say about the Koran and Islam too.
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 30, 2017
Richirich713:

Christ represents christianity, not pope urban.
True Christian believe that the Pope and Bishop are Earth representative of God. The also believe that, all the good and bad deeds Pope/Bishop had done are as result of God.
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by Richirich713: 11:40am On Apr 30, 2017
Hati13:

True Christian believe that the Pope and Bishop are Earth representative of God. The also believe that, all the good and bad deeds Pope/Bishop had done are as result of God.

That's false, those people don't believe bad deeds done by popes come from God.
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by malvisguy212: 11:40am On Apr 30, 2017
Hati13:

Most of the early Christians were suffering greatly and poor, so they didn't had power to stop the persecution. But when true Christianity started to spread to those who had power, then they started to show mankind the true definition of hell. Those atrocities continued until Secularism/Atheism started to show up and said, enough is enough. The current life is relatively great than the past, because of the growing of secularism.
shame on you bro. so the disciples are not true christian ? have you not read in the bible " turn the other cheek" what does it imply ? if everyone in this world obey this teaching, would there be killing in this world ?

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by jonbellion(m): 12:04pm On Apr 30, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Bloody Al taquiya disciple.

Your claim of Islam bit in support of terrorism cos Muslims are the major victims of terrorism has been debunked below

https://www.nairaland.com/3707284/christians-muslims-why-isis-kills
why did you need to call him that
@the bolded
He wasn't rude can't you make your point like a sane human being undecided
You can criticise Islam without being an idiot just so you know
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 30, 2017
malvisguy212:
shame on you bro. so the disciples are not true christian ? have you not read in going the bible " turn the other cheek" what does it imply ? if everyone in this world obey this teaching, would there be killing in this world ?
The were Christians, but the Christianity we see today were after the council of Nicaca and Constantinople in the 4th century.

All the good morals in the so called religions are found in Secularism/Atheism, but not all the good morals in Secularism/Atheism can't be found in all fantasy religions.
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by lfleak: 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
Hati13:

Atheism isn't a religion, but a belief that God/gods don't exist. So, since it isn't a religion, any atrocities will not be committed in the name of a religion.

You've no good morals, because the only reason you didn't killed me and raped my sister was because you believe you will be punished by your God. If we live in a Atheist society, everyone will be governed by his true morality. If you are morally good, you will productive member of the society. If you are morally bad, then you will be punished. No one will be governed by some fantasy religion. If you deeply know about Communism, one of it's principle is to eradicate religion.

Why do you say this thread is useless? It's you opinion, but one of the characteristics of religious person is to judge everything negatively, if it's outside of his religion.
You missed my point totally..
You think every one is morally upright..

My point is religion has tamed billions of dangerous people who will do worse when they think like you..

The thread has no final point instead will lead to several exchange of words and end like others..
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by lfleak: 12:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
Hati13:

It has many meanings, even within Islam. The classic Islam law refers it as a armed struggle against non believers. That was how early Arabs conquered large areas and brought distractions to the areas, just because they didn't believed in a fantasy. Know to protect their reputation, modern Islamic scholars are defining it as a defensive armed struggle.
you see how you missed it and how you believe in. Media Islam.?

Jihad is synonymous to struggle.. But you added ARMED to suite your claim.. How hilarious...

In several verses in the Quran, Jihad was mentioned and it plainly means struggle to do the will of Allah...
Like: not fornicating, not back-biting, being truthful, honesty, striving to stay righteous..
But media Islam will cal it suicide bombing, beheading and other harmful stuff...

You know one thing..?
To be a perfect Muslim, all you need is full guide from the Quran alone!..
Other sources and references are just supplications like the hadith and mualum...
Though they also guide us right but most of it have been corrupted or lemme use the word infected...

And like I asked you yesterday, you dnt condemn what you have not gone through.. Get a Quran if you really mean this.. Then you will know and proof the existence of God.. Not by downloading a 4mb apk file to your phone which can be programmed by any body irrespective of their religion ...

BTW did you later watch that video..?
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 30, 2017
lfleak:

You missed my point totally..
You think every one is morally upright..

My point is religion has tamed billions of dangerous people who will do worse when they think like you..

The thread has no final point instead will lead to several exchange of words and end like others..
I didn't missed your point. I answered perfectly for your comment.

I get your second point. Most people including you have a strong desire to commit crimes, but they and you have been prevented by your religion.

You are right, we need to end our discussion.
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
lfleak:
you see how you missed it and how you believe in. Media Islam.?

Jihad is synonymous to struggle.. But you added ARMED to suite your claim.. How hilarious...

In several verses in the Quran, Jihad was mentioned and it plainly means struggle to do the will of Allah...
Like: not fornicating, not back-biting, being truthful, honesty, striving to stay righteous..
But media Islam will cal it suicide bombing, beheading and other harmful stuff...

You know one thing..?
To be a perfect Muslim, all you need is full guide from the Quran alone!..
Other sources and references are just supplications like the hadith and mualum...
Though they also guide us right but most of it have been corrupted or lemme use the word infected...

And like I asked you yesterday, you dnt condemn what you have not gone through.. Get a Quran if you really mean this.. Then you will know and proof the existence of God.. Not by downloading a 4mb apk file to your phone which can be programmed by any body irrespective of their religion ...

BTW did you later watch that video..?
I didn't add the "armed" or any word. All I wrote about Jihad is in this info.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad

I didn't watched it. It's not because of ignorant or to be rude.
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by alBHAGDADI: 1:35pm On Apr 30, 2017
jonbellion:
why did you need to call him that
@the bolded
He wasn't rude can't you make your point like a sane human being undecided
You can criticise Islam without being an idiot just so you know
If you have nothing to say, move on. The guy was simply employing Islamic lies called Al taquiya. A person not versed in the Quran would have believed his lies. I called him a bloody liar cos he was telling one. Is that what you have problem with?
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by Olu317(m): 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
Hati13:

From where did you get your information about the POPE'S ROLE AS REPRESENTATIVE OF GOD ON EARTH? Don't inform on what you have no accurate knowledge on. Can you show me where it is written in the Bible?
Re: Christianity And Islam Were And Are Barbaric by lfleak: 2:17pm On Apr 30, 2017
Hati13:

I didn't add the "armed" or any word. All I wrote about Jihad is in this info.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad

I didn't watched it. It's not because of ignorant or to be rude.
yea... You are Right ..media Islam..

Endeavor to watch might change ur mind..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video Evidence Shows Ajoke Is Not Tb Joshua Biological Daughter(video, Pix) / Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit / Should Pastors Get Involved In Politics??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.