Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Are We Going To Keep On Looking? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are We Going To Keep On Looking? (4561 Views)

Saying That Specific People Are Going To Paradise Or Hell in Islam / Advise For Muslim Youths Going To NYSC Orientation Camp / Muslim Going To NYSC Camp Must Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Coccoh(f): 8:52am On May 05, 2017
Empiree:
First all, I am having a little problem understanding some of the terms you used or it could be typo error?. I did get the msg sent to u on fb but how does that equates "misguidance"?. He has the right to support his Shiekh. Besides, it seems yourself and others are quite unaware of the use of the term "radiyaAllahu anihu" being used for other than sahaba. You can not just conclude or assume someone is misguided just for using the phrase for non sahabi. This is illiteracy on yout side.

Others here are also constituting nuisance over trivial issue. Besides, I am just curious why are you people so worried when RTA is used thier sheikh?. What if someone intends to write (abbreviate) RadiyaAllahu Ta'la Anihu (RTA) or RodiyaAllahu Ta'ala Anihu (RTA). How can you tell the difference?. Why are you people so paranoid?.

Anytime those guys use RTA for their shuyukh, it is usually in form of dua. In the Quran, it is used affirmatively by Allah guaranteeing that Allah is pleased with them. But any other than nabiy and sahab is not guaranteed but doesn't mean we can't use it. Even SAW and AS are used interchangeably for nabi Muhammad. So why is this an issue?. The only way you can effectively refute them is by bringing evidence from kitab and sunnah that "RTA -rodiyaAllahu tala anihu" can not be used for non sahabi. If you can't bring evidence, then, you people are speaking out of ignorance and desire. That means you probably would have problem with them if they write or say RA after mention of their shuyukh. How can you tell the difference?. Why do you people place yourself ahead of Allah and His messenger by declaring fellow muslim "misguided base on your desire?. So far, none of you established evidence against the use of it. So please desist fro calling people innovators, misguided and whatever adjective you use for them. This approach is not islamic.

I only asked him why he used RTA for his sheikh, he couldnt answer that, but he had to swear by Allah's name to buttress his point. I'm sure didnt see the point he made?

Allah says in Q9:100

And the foremost to embrace Islam of the Muhajirin
and the Ansar and also those who followed them exactly
(in faith). Allah is well-pleased with them as they are
well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them
Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell
therein forever. That is the supreme success.
Allah mentions that He is pleased foremost with
the Muhajirin, Ansar and those who followed
them in faith, and that they are well-pleased with
Him, for He has prepared for them the gardens of
delight and eternal joy.

Allahu Musta'an

1 Like

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Coccoh(f): 9:01am On May 05, 2017
^^ I'm sorry for messing up the quote thingy. Not really good at it sad
Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Nobody: 9:05am On May 05, 2017
The one whose religion is nothing but to dance and shout should be left alone....
Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Demmzy15(m): 9:22am On May 05, 2017
AbdelKabir:
Sufi + Shia , lobatan grin........these two have always been the same, they work hand in hand, have the same nonsensical principles, that is why you see them being best of friends even tho the shia see the Sufi as a kaafir grin, its even evident here on NL, these guys are hypocrites, hypocritical in solidarity....

cc: frindNG, carin.mom(how are you by the way) help us translate what was written on the poster.....

"son manzon Allah, sirrin hadin kai"
Cc sufisunni abi na sufishia, president99! grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by FriendNG: 9:24am On May 05, 2017
What is the meaning of RadiyalLAHU Anhu? I don't understand it meaning:

* Allah is pleased with him.

* Or May Allah be pleased with him.

According to Quran that "May" does not exist. So I don't see it as a prayer but a title Allah has given to Sahaba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Empiree: 11:15am On May 05, 2017
Coccoh:
^^ I'm sorry for messing up the quote thingy. Not really good at it sad
I still don't get what your concern is. Quran uses the phrase for sahabi and also for non-sahabi in the verse i highlighted above. Scholars said it can be used in dua for non-sahabi.

The guy might answered you indirectly by swearing to avoid endless argument which is the way I see it. For the fact that quran used it for non-sahabi, by trying to find excuses around it is irrelevant.

It is clear these brothers are ignorant. I thought they know what they are doing. Even for all the prophets, 'May' is always used in form of dua. Yes they are already guaranteed jannah. All I can see here is unfounded hatred for scholars they dislike.

This is mischievous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by FriendNG: 11:35am On May 05, 2017
Empiree:
I still don't get what your concern is. Quran uses the phrase for sahabi and also for non-sahabi in the verse i highlighted above. Scholars said it can be used in dua for non-sahabi.

The guy might answered you indirectly by swearing to avoid endless argument which is the way I see it. For the fact that quran used it for non-sahabi, by trying to find excuses around it is irrelevant.

Yes it is used for non sahabi that follow them with good deeds. I agree with that

If you continue reading the verse it also guaranteed Jannah to the Sahaba and non Sahaba that follow them with good deed.

we all know the Sahaba so we can use the title for them. Apart from the Sahaba how do we know the other people that HE is pleased with? So DAT we can use the title 4 ?

Again we are certain according to the verse, dos Sahabas will go to paradise and those who follow them. How can we know the other ones, so dat we can also call them the people of Paradise?

I don't know wia u get that "may". Allah is pleased with them not may

1 Like

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by carinmom(f): 2:59pm On May 05, 2017
AbdelKabir:
Sufi + Shia , lobatan grin........these two have always been the same, they work hand in hand, have the same nonsensical principles, that is why you see them being best of friends even tho the shia see the Sufi as a kaafir grin, its even evident here on NL, these guys are hypocrites, hypocritical in solidarity....

cc: FriendNG, carinmom(how are you by the way) help us translate what was written on the poster.....

"son manzon Allah, sirrin hadin kai"

Brother Abdelkabir, I'm getting better and recuperating thanks.

Brother FriendNG has already assisted with the translation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Empiree: 4:07pm On May 05, 2017
FriendNG:

Yes it is used for non sahabi that follow them with good deeds. I agree with that

If you continue reading the verse it also guaranteed Jannah to the Sahaba and non Sahaba that follow them with good deed.

we all know the Sahaba so we can use the title for them. Apart from the Sahaba how do we know the other people that HE is pleased with? So DAT we can use the title 4 ?

Again we are certain according to the verse, dos Sahabas will go to paradise and those who follow them. How can we know the other ones, so dat we can also call them the people of Paradise?

I don't know wia u get that "may". Allah is pleased with them not may

did u read at all? . I even posted scholarly evidence that it can be used in form of dua but you all ignored that. Go back up and read.

Also it is common knowledge that if someone dies and he's known to be of good character, have faith and especially if he dies with kalima, yoruba would say "this shows Allah loves him or he's a good person" something like that. I still don't know what the fuse is all about.

I wonder why then we use MAY for prophets. Why is this an issue?. We know that none else is guaranteed besides nabi and sahabi but we should give others benefit of the doubt not talk down on them like these ppl are doing.
Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by FriendNG: 4:17pm On May 05, 2017
Empiree:
did u read at all? . I even posted scholarly evidence that it can be used in form of dua but you all ignored that. Go back up and read.

Also it is common knowledge that if someone dies and he's known to be of good character, have faith and especially if he dies with kalima, yoruba would say "this shows Allah loves him or he's a good person" something like that. I still don't know what the fuse is all about.

I wonder why then we use MAY for prophets. Why is this an issue?. We know that none else is guaranteed besides nabi and sahabi but we should give others benefit of the doubt not talk down on them like these ppl are doing.

Calm down and answer my question. I am not interested in noisemaking.

Someone dies a good person we will give him benefit of doubt by saying Rahimahullah which is a prayer. Why? The knowledge of him being among those stated in the verse is ilmul gaibu. It is not for u to know that. That is one.

Secondly: I don't care whether people uses "May" for prophet. It is not "May" Allah is already pleased with them.

What is the meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu ? is it May Allah or Allah is ......
Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Empiree: 4:45pm On May 05, 2017
FriendNG:

Calm down and answer my question. I am not interested in noisemaking.

Someone dies a good person we will give him benefit of doubt by saying Rahimahullah which is a prayer. Why? The knowledge of him being among those stated in the verse is ilmul gaibu. It is not for u to know that. That is one.

Secondly: I don't care whether people uses "May" for prophet. It is not "May" Allah is already pleased with them.

What is the meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu ? is it May Allah or Allah is ......
well, it is your opinion. It says it can be used for non-sahabi as said by many scholars.

What's even funny is that many times if radiyaAllah is written in English next to the mention of Sahaba, ppl say or write "may Allah be pleased with him". Why not say or write it the way it is written in the Quran?. "Allah be pleased with him"

My evidences are in the attachments. Note that they even used "sallahu alaiy wasalam" in English translation for companions. Read it very well. I have underlined them. See also that radiyaAllah is used for ibn kathir in english translation. So I don't know what's wrong with you people.

Many of us write "may Allah be pleased with him" for sahaba. Why don't we write "Allah is pleased with him"?. Why is double standard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Empiree: 4:46pm On May 05, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by FriendNG: 4:59pm On May 05, 2017
Empiree:
well, it is your opinion. It says it can be used for non-sahabi as said by many scholars.

What's even funny is that many times if radiyaAllah is written in English next to the mention of Sahaba, ppl say or write "may Allah be pleased with him". Why not say or write it the way it is written in the Quran?. "Allah be pleased with him"

My evidences are in the attachments. Note that they even used "sallahu alaiy wasalam" in English translation for companions. Read it very well. I have underlined them. See also that radiyaAllah is used for ibn kathir in english translation. So I don't know what's wrong with you people.

Many of us write "may Allah be pleased with him" for sahaba. Why don't we write "Allah is pleased with him"?. Why is double standard.

You're yet to answer the question what is the meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu? That's the question. Whether may or Allah is when used in Sahaba I don't have problem its Sahabi.

But that's not the translation. Nothing like double standard here. You're chatting with me not other people.

No matter who a scholar is RadiyalLAHU anhu is not his position to have the title.
Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Empiree: 5:11pm On May 05, 2017
FriendNG:

You're yet to answer the question what is the meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu? That's the question. Whether may or Allah is when used in Sahaba I don't have problem its Sahabi.

But that's not the translation. Nothing like double standard here. You're chatting with me not other people.

No matter who a scholar is RadiyalLAHU anhu is not his position to have the title.
Time To Press My Ignore Button. Evidences Are Glaring.

So now, tell others runing their mouth to stop hating the Sheikh. It is not sunnah. They are mischievously rebellious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by FriendNG: 5:18pm On May 05, 2017
Empiree:

So now, tell others runing their mouth to stop hating the Sheikh. It is not sunnah. They are mischievously rebellious.

I did not read the entire thread so I don't know who is hating who. Hoply I will sit down and read all later.

But this should be clear to you: RadiyalLAHU anhu is only for those Allah is pleased with and we know some of these people by name and some is left to Allah alone. Only those we know, RadiyalLAHU anhu can be used for.

We are not going to give any person benefit of doubt by using RadiyalLAHU anhu not even Bukhari RahimahuLLAH or Muslim RahimahuLLAH not to talk of inconsequential Sufi shieks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by CagedSoul: 1:16am On May 06, 2017
Empiree, pls ignore abdelkebir, sir smiley dude isn't only ignorant, he doesn't know that he's ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Demmzy15(m): 8:34am On May 06, 2017
Empiree:

Your evidences aren't glaring!
Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Nobody: 9:04am On May 06, 2017
Demmzy15:

Leave him to flatter himself....

1 Like

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Empiree: 11:37am On May 06, 2017
Demmzy15:
so far you have no meaningful contributions. His(friendn) question was answered with clear evidence standing tall for those who can read.

1 Like

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by FriendNG: 11:44am On May 06, 2017
Empiree:
so far you have no meaningful contributions. His(friendn) question was answered with clear evidence standing tall for those who can read.

My question wasn't answered with any clear evidence. You even refuse to answer the question which is: "The meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu"

You are only ranting, justifying your answer with why people do this and why people do that.
Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Empiree: 11:50am On May 06, 2017
FriendNG:

My question wasn't answered with any clear evidence. You even refuse to answer the question which is: "The meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu"

You are only ranting, justifying your answer with why people do this and why people do that.
see, my answer was glaring only if you can read. The question you are asking is not for me. Go and ask Islamqa. You see I underlined what your are asking for. So go and ask them why they also used MAY. It shows that you aren't smart enough to realized the attachments are traps for you. So ask them why they used MAY. Thats your favorite website.
Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by FriendNG: 11:57am On May 06, 2017
Empiree:
see, my answer was glaring only if you can read. The question you are asking is not for me. Go and ask Islamqa. You see I underlined what your are asking for. So go and ask them why they also used MAY. It shows that you aren't smart enough to realized the attachments are traps for you. So ask them why they used MAY. Thats your favorite website.

It is you am asking not Islamicqà. It is for you not for them. Tell us it meaning. That's when people will know, Yes u have answer the question.
Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Empiree: 12:09pm On May 06, 2017
FriendNG:

It is you am asking not Islamicqà. It is for you not for them. Tell us it meaning. That's when people will know, Yes u have answer the question.
wallahi, astagfurlai, your reply sounds dump. I told you already everything you need to know. If you can not read, I don't see reason to reply you. So Islamqa is irrelevant now? . But in another min you gonna bring up article from them to prove yourself. I hail thee.

Well, attachments are enough evidence if you can think. It is you ppl who claimed we can not understand quran unless we use sahaba and scholars to decode quran. So why are you now trying to base your reasoning only on quran?. Why not think twice when I posted attachments from Islamqa to buttress my point?
Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by FriendNG: 12:21pm On May 06, 2017
is the crap you type the meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu? Which Sahaba give the meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu apart from the Quran? Who? Abubakar r.d? Abu Huraira r.d? Who exactly did you quote in the Islamic qa?

I can say you're the one who sound dump. We don't use Islamqa to prove point but we use the word of the hadith or Quran written in Islamqa.

You're the one here using Islamqa to prove your point without any hadith or verse.

Empiree:
wallahi, astagfurlai, your reply sounds dump. I told you already everything you need to know. If you can not read, I don't see reason to reply you. So Islamqa is irrelevant now? . But in another min you gonna bring up article from them to prove yourself. I hail thee.

Well, attachments are enough evidence if you can think.

It is you ppl who claimed we can not understand quran unless we use sahaba and scholars to decode quran. So why are you now trying to base your reasoning only on quran?. Why not think twice when I posted attachments from Islamqa to buttress my point?

It is not a claim. If you are Quranism and you don't follow Hadith, consider yourself as non Muslim.
Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Empiree: 1:04pm On May 06, 2017
FriendNG:
is the crap you type the meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu? Which Sahaba give the meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu apart from the Quran? Who? Abubakar r.d? Abu Huraira r.d? Who exactly did you quote in the Islamic qa?

I can say you're the one who sound dump. We don't use Islamqa to prove point but we use the word of the hadith or Quran written in Islamqa.

You're the one here using Islamqa to prove your point without any hadith or verse.

It is not a claim. If you are Quranism and you don't follow Hadith, consider yourself as non Muslim.
okay. Islamqa website is trash according to you. Noted. Thanks.

But do me a favor, don't ever quote anything from them to prove anything to me in the future since you agree now that that are not worthy.

Here is another one by sheikh bin baz (ra). Why did he not use "Allah is pleased with them" as translated in the Quran?.

So until you asked them why they use 'MAY', your question to me is irrelevant.

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Empiree: 1:06pm On May 06, 2017
^^^^

So you see he used RadiyalLAHU anhu for ibn Qayun in form of dua as well. Clearly what you are asking me is irrelevant.
Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by FriendNG: 1:10pm On May 06, 2017
You can type all the nonsense you like and alleged anything you wish like "I called it trash"

I tell you right from the beginning I have no problem if may is used or not on particularly the prophet or his known companions. But that's not the meaning

Sheik Binzab is a Sahaba Abi?

Now where is the hadith that explain the meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu ?

or tell us the Arabic meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu.

Am not after this one use it or that one use it. Islam is not about this man that man.

Where is the hadith? You're claiming we want to use Quran alone. Show us the hadith mallan.

Show us the hadith.

Empiree:
okay. Islamqa website is trash according to you. Noted. Thanks.

But do me a favor, don't ever quote anything from them to prove anything to me in the future since you agree now that that are not worthy.

Here is another one by sheikh bin baz (ra). Why did he not use "Allah is pleased with them" as translated in the Quran?.

So until you asked them why they use 'MAY', your question to me is irrelevant.
Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by FriendNG: 1:13pm On May 06, 2017
Empiree:
^^^^

So you see he used RadiyalLAHU anhu for ibn Qayun in form of dua as well. Clearly what you are asking me is irrelevant.

I don't care who use it. It is not the prophet neither his Sahabas. Show us the hadith. I have give u the Qur'anic verse counter it.
Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Empiree: 1:31pm On May 06, 2017
FriendNG:
You can type all the nonsense you like and alleged anything you wish like "I called it trash"

I tell you right from the beginning I have no problem if may is used or not on particularly the prophet or his known companions. But that's not the meaning

Sheik Binzab is a Sahaba Abi?

Now where is the hadith that explain the meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu ?

or tell us the Arabic meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu.

Am not after this one use it or that one use it. Islam is not about this man that man.

Where is the hadith? You're claiming we want to use Quran alone. Show us the hadith mallan.

Show us the hadith.

Common sense is not common anymore. Now you want to jump over your scholar to anaylse hadith yourself. . I'm not surprised. Anyways, ask Sheikh bin baz why he used MAY.

My position is clear.

Here is Google. O ya, start throwing tantrum again over irrelevances

1 Like

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by FriendNG: 1:34pm On May 06, 2017
My point is sound and clear. It is u am asking the meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu not Allahu yasra ma'ahu.

Am not talking of Shiek bin baz. Am Talking to you. Show me the hadith.

What is the meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu as simple as this.

Empiree:
Common sense is not common anymore. Now you want to jump over your scholar to anaylse hadith yourself. . I'm not surprised. Anyways, ask Sheikh bin baz why he used MAY.

My position is clear.

Here is Google. O ya, start throwing tantrum again over irrelevances
Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Empiree: 1:40pm On May 06, 2017
FriendNG:
My point is sound and clear. It is u am asking the meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu not Allahu yasra ma'ahu.

Am not talking of Shiek bin baz. Am Talking to you. Show me the hadith.

What is the meaning of RadiyalLAHU anhu as simple as this.

why are you throwing tantrum? . Your buddies have realized my fact and they ran away from you.

Now here comes glossary. Arabic dictionary

http://www.virtualmosque.com/glossary

Re: Are We Going To Keep On Looking? by Empiree: 1:42pm On May 06, 2017
^^

See that. Another evidence. So it is not me to ask why MAY is used. Ask your Islamic authority.

So far, you bypassed sheikh bin baz and Islamqa. Which means they are not worthy. So don't quote them in your future references

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Virtues Of Reciting Suratul Al-kahf On Friday. / Tips For Sadaqah (charity) In Islam. / Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.