Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Buhari – The Curse Of An Answered Prayer. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari – The Curse Of An Answered Prayer. (260 Views)

Femi Adesina: The Buhari The International Community Knows / Buhari: The Lockdown Will Last As Long As Our Advisers Say / FFK: Buhari Has A Beautiful Wife, Aisha Buhari, The Only Good Thing About... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari – The Curse Of An Answered Prayer. by netozii(m): 7:48am On May 01, 2017
Who the gods want to dent, they answer his prayers.

I still remember my role in 2015 Presidential Social Media campaign. The truth was that my support for Goodluck was emotional: I saw the APC – PDP political tussle as marginalisation of the weak. I saw Buhari as a ‘muscle’ man, a disciplinarian, oga kpatakpata and incorruptible general with the backing of the amalgamation of the North and West, but still saw Goodluck as that guy with no shoes, who, by the special grace of the almighty, ascended the throne. I even pardoned Mr. Goodluck’s shortcomings, I saw them as a sabotage from his political enemy, for that reason, I stood by him.

Buhari, before 2015, was a special breed. We believed he had what it takes to fight corruption. Like most Nigerians, I thought Babangida would be the first to rent a space in Kuje prison. The sin of his past-coup and corruption would come knocking on his door; not only Babangida but all the past looters of the public funds. Buhari had the Messianic image until his only prayer – to become to president – was answered.

The failure of Mr. President to live up to the expectation has deepened my fear that Nigeria will not recover anytime soon; it’s a sign that there are no more good men in our midst that could move this country forward. For if this scrupulous old soldier could not change our fate, who then will? But Buhari will bear the highest casualty if he resigns now because none of us will remember him as a disciplinarian or the ‘no-nonsense’ gladiator; what we will remember was the suffering his government brought, the Amechis, the untouchable Babashir 'grass cutters' Lawal, and a million corruption cases he could not solve.

Buhari has become the actor who did not leave the stage at the loudest ovation; a man who fought so hard to demystify his own larger-than-life image; King Hezekiah of our time.

Had the gods done him a favor and rejected his supplications, he would have died a sad man but we would have still believed that he was the only flawless man that would have change Nigeria.

But unluckily for all of us, his prayer was answered.

Facebook Post by Ozii Baba Anieto
Re: Buhari – The Curse Of An Answered Prayer. by FearFactor1: 7:50am On May 01, 2017
Sometime u get what you wish for...

(1) (Reply)

Let Your Cause Be Heard With An Online Presence / Enough Of A Richman Life / Report - Boko Haram Releases 82 Chibok Schoolgirls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.