Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,153 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (429201 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Timtol(m): 9:31am On Mar 12, 2018
jollyjarkofgod:

They call me this morning the allocation is this month am kinda happy sha
congrats bro

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 4:00pm On Mar 12, 2018
Below is the official Lagos state government procedure for obtaining certificate of occupancy in Lagos.
*Procedure For Private Certificate of Occupancy*.
1. Application for land information (land information certificate)
2 No. survey plan (Sun Print)
Application fee payable in surveyor general's office
2. Purchase of private C of O application form (account, lands)
residential: =N=5,000
commercial/industrial: =N=20,000
3. Submission of application in LUAC (Land Use Allocation Commission), lands with supporting documents:
i. land information certificate
ii. receipt for land information fee
iii. receipt for application form
iv. =N=10,000 publication/inspection fee
v. capital contribution (subject to a minimum of 30,000)
vi. Land purchase receipt/agreement (duly stamped)
vii. copy of current tax clearance certificate (individuals)
viii. copy of =N=100 development levy receipt
ix. copy of company income tax clearance certificate
x. copy of company income tax clearance certificate
xi. copy of tax clearance certificate of 2 directors of the company and their =N100 development levy receipt
xii. Site location sketch
xiii. 3 no. passport photographs (individuals) with white background
xiv. 2 no. survey plans (sun print)
xv. copy of approved building plan (if developed)
xvi. copy of tenement rate receipt (if occupied)
xvii. cover letter addressed to executive secretary LUAC, stating all documents attached, as above (typed with applicant's address) and
xviii. collection of acknowledgement slip (LUAC)
4. Completion for publication (21 days objection period)5. Title search (land registry)
6. Site inspection and report (LUAC, estate section)
7. C of O engrossment (drafting, typing, and submission) LUAC
8. Recommendation for execution [executive secretary (LUAC), permanent secretary (lands), and attorney general (justice)
9. stamping and registration (stamping ministry of finance, registration: LRD, lands)
10. collection of executed and registered certificate of occupancy (C of O collection office, LUAC).
Never forget or risk paying for a land without thorough investigation. The investigation serves two purpose: Whether there is government compulsory acquisition on it, and whether there is a pending suit or litigation in court over same. Cheerz.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Obycutie: 7:17am On Mar 15, 2018
*Advantages of buying from Real estate companies instead of Omo-onile*

* Real estate developers give you the advantage of paying on installment. Some companies give you Up to 6 months. You can't try that with Omonile. They take their money outright.

* Real estate companies gives you the advantage of buying while you wait. i.e you can buy now and develop in ten years in as much as you clear the area regularly.

* Real estate companies perfect titles. Wetin concern Omonile with title...OYO

* Land may be cheap when you buy from omo Onile but the trouble you face after full payment of the land is *unquantifiable*

* You don't pay developmental levy when you buy from omo Onile, but the type of trouble they cause when you want to start building is not small and as a matter of fact you might even spend double the price you bought the land. E.g. You will pay "Owo foundation", "Owo Baale" and so on.

Honestly I won't advice my enemies to buy from Omo Onile, let alone my friends!

To get lovely affordable lands within gated and nice estates, please let's talk
WhatsApp or call 09059878165
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by adiyemama(m): 9:16am On Mar 19, 2018
A TWIN DUPLEX WITH 2BEDROOM BOYS QUARTER EACH AT OPEBI, IKEJA LAGOS STATE FOR SALE AT A VERY GOOD PRICE NO AGENT INVOLVEMENT CALL 08079876039 OR 07069586800
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by zeestone99(m): 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2018
For ur professional solar/inverter installations
Call/whatapp 08117398294
U can check out our beautiful installation pictures on Facebook n instagram
Http://facebook.com/monzpowersolutions
Instagram - @monzpowersolutions

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by bixton(m): 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2018
A 720.32 sqm land for sale in Alakahia (close to uniport), Rivers State. Survey plan, gated land with fence.
All for #8M.
If interested, PM me.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by chukzyfcbb: 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2018
SurveyorD:
Good day all.
I just saw this topic while searching for something else, I took the pain to go through all the comments and I must say @Lawyer has done an excellent work, the touch of professionalism he uses to answer all questions and comments. He knows what he is saying. I am a registered surveyor, having interacted with some lawyers concerning property law or land documentation, u just want to cover your face in shame when the talk.
Anyway since I just joined, I will be willing to answer questions concerning survey and land documentation (Lagos and Ogun are my specialty, cos NIS would want us to be resident in a state). Once again I greet you all. Cheers
Gooday sire, if a lawyer was to draft a deed of assignment on a land that has no Survey plan, does it really make sense because in the deed of assignment the lawyer i suppose ought to specify exactly the land size which is nonexistent without a survey plan.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 12:45pm On Mar 25, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

Gooday sire, if a lawyer was to draft a deed of assignment on a land that has no Survey plan, does it really make sense because in the deed of assignment the lawyer i suppose ought to specify exactly the land size which is nonexistent without a survey plan.

E no mean.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 7:04pm On Mar 29, 2018
jollyjarkofgod:

They call me this morning the allocation is this month am kinda happy sha
Congratulations
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by ebenezer880(m): 9:22pm On Mar 29, 2018
Good day please, can i get a land of 150k at sango or atan please from a reliable source, some one i can trust enen though i know there is non

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.