Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (429405 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by DPKayTradeFair: 6:48am On May 11, 2018
Treash:

He works for dem naw. U cn see he compares their own sales to others.

Treash I thought as much, but the question about its validity threw me for a moment. It sounds like he/she is not sure of the company they work for and wants someone else to say if its good or not.

That's why I asked him/her that question
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 6:51am On May 11, 2018
DPKayTradeFair:

Treash I thought as much, but the question about its validity threw me for a moment. It sounds like he/she is not sure of the company they work for and wants someone else to say if its good or not.

That's why I asked him/her that question

U r right bro.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by RhemaGardensAge: 7:22am On May 11, 2018
DPKayTradeFair:

Do you want to buy from them or do you work with them? I ask because your handle seems to be like mine...I work with DPKAY so my username is dpkaytradefair. So I will know what questions to ask colleagues in the business.have a nice day

Am a new Agent with them but needs to know what am selling.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 10:32am On May 11, 2018
RhemaGardensAge:

Am a new Agent with them but needs to know what am selling.

I don't think dats proper. You dnt make research abt ur company's authenticity with prospective customers. If u don't knw much abt the company u're representing, then how do you want outsiders/strangers to? You r standing in gap for them. Nobody wl patronise u with this kind of post sir.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by RhemaGardensAge: 10:37am On May 11, 2018
Treash:

I don't think dats proper. You dnt make research abt ur company's authenticity with prospective customers. If u don't knw much abt the company u're representing, then how do you want outsiders/strangers to? You r standing in gap for them. Nobody wl patronise u with this kind of post sir.

I understand you, but I was recruited online , not based in lagos, and my self Integrity is as staked.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lighthousearc: 4:12pm On May 11, 2018
DPKayTradeFair:

First, congrats on getting a genuine land. Now if you are surely sure, when you purchase your land, you for starters you should get a contract of sale and a deed of assignment. These documents mean that the land has been sold to you, and any title to the land has been assigned to you (I don't know what title the previous owner had). A lawyer should guide you through .This deed transfers all the pervious owners rights to you. As soon as you do that, go back to the abuja land registry/AGIS quickly and begin the process of registering the land in your name (find someone to show the step by step until its complete) The earlier, the better and will definitely help secure your land and prevent sales to multiple buyers. Hope I have helped

Thank you my lawyer is already working on the power of attorney / deed of assignment and will begin the process of registering the land at AGIS. I decided to do my own research myself because i was told the previous owner's name will remain on the document and CAN NOT be changed...that's what baffles me.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by DPKayTradeFair: 9:45pm On May 11, 2018
Treash:

This is correct
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by DPKayTradeFair: 9:54pm On May 11, 2018
lighthousearc:

Thank you my lawyer is already working on the power of attorney / deed of assignment and will begin the process of registering the land at AGIS. I decided to do my own research myself because i was told the previous owner's name will remain on the document and CAN NOT be changed...that's what baffles me.

Its good you have a lawyer working on it. Noo it can always be changed. That's like saying I go to a shop to pay for a good and then after payment, the shop retains my money and I can't take the good away. What do you think can be the motive ?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lighthousearc: 7:11am On May 12, 2018
DPKayTradeFair:

Its good you have a lawyer working on it. Noo it can always be changed. That's like saying I go to a shop to pay for a good and then after payment, the shop retains my money and I can't take the good away. What do you think can be the motive ?

You are right... it sounds funny saying it can’t be changed. The officers working in Agis saying it can’t be changed very funny. I’ll look into this..thanks

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by bixton(m): 2:14pm On May 12, 2018
lighthousearc:

You are right... it sounds funny saying it can’t be changed. The officers working in Agis saying it can’t be changed very funny. I’ll look into this..thanks

Get the old survey plan, run a fresh survey plan with your name on it. Attach all relevant documents regarding purchase of the land. Fill the necessary form(s) taken from the AGIS office and you're good to go.
A good lawyer or town planner should put you through.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Rubbiish(m): 4:50pm On May 12, 2018
jollyjarkofgod:
Asin I be victim ooo 600.000 gone like that...since last year November...i only see land I no see allocation papers....story today story tomorrow
How do mean allocation papers sir?
Do u mean no papers were prepared by lawyer after u bought the land? Pls expatiate so we dont fall victim...Thanks.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by DPKayTradeFair: 6:36pm On May 12, 2018
RhemaGardensAge:

I understand you, but I was recruited online , not based in lagos, and my self Integrity is as staked.

You are doing the right thing although I think in the wrong order/way? Although I realize the method you were recruited and your location made virtually impossible for you to check them out properly. UBut this method will make you shoot yourself in the foot if you know what I mean. Call me on 07035958148 if you like . I don't have any info for you now. But I will keep trying to help you.I like the thing about preserving your name.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by RhemaGardensAge: 6:56pm On May 12, 2018
DPKayTradeFair:

You are doing the right thing although I think in the wrong order/way? Although I realize the method you were recruited and your location made virtually impossible for you to check them out properly. UBut this method will make you shoot yourself in the foot if you know what I mean. Call me on 07035958148 if you like . I don't have any info for you now. But I will keep trying to help you.I like the thing about preserving your name.

Will sure do, thanks so much for this feedback.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by woledouble(m): 2:37pm On May 22, 2018
What are the documents a vendor need to give to a purchaser of land. The land in question doesn't have red copy survey. Kindly,advice. Thanks
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 3:28pm On May 22, 2018
woledouble:
What are the documents a vendor need to give to a purchaser of land. The land in question doesn't have red copy survey. Kindly,advice. Thanks

Deed of assignment, receipt, survey plan, c of o( if any) and any other documents. Depending on the jurisdiction/area, the seller may not even have any.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by DPKayTradeFair: 6:55pm On May 22, 2018
woledouble:

Ah ah who is buying land these days without red copy survey? smileySo there is no record of it in lands? Well I don't have details of your transaction I would have been in a better position to talk. What exactly is the title of the land? Has it been surveyed at all? Please answer so we can all learn
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by dotcomnamename: 10:47am On May 23, 2018
RhemaGardensAge:

But you should have done that privately !
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Rubbiish(m): 2:50pm On May 23, 2018
Greetings house
Pls i would like to know if i want to fence a plot with beacons on its edges, is it proper to cover the beacons? What is the right approach for this...thanks
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by woledouble(m): 4:07pm On May 24, 2018
post=67786930:

Ah ah who is buying land these days without red copy survey? smileySo there is no record of it in lands? Well I don't have details of your transaction I would have been in a better position to talk. What exactly is the title of the land? Has it been surveyed at all? Please answer so we can all learn

Thanks DPKayTradeFair. really i don't know what you mean by title of Land. The land has been surveyed but it doesn't have a red copy. The omoonile gave the surveyor a part of the land from which he surveyed. Is the surveyor that now want to sell the land to me. The land is in a rural area of Ayiepe in Ogun state.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by woledouble(m): 4:10pm On May 24, 2018
Treash:

Deed of assignment, receipt, survey plan, c of o( if any) and any other documents. Depending on the jurisdiction/area, the seller may not even have any.

Thanks, Treash. He doesn't have any of the document you listed. He promise to give me a receipt. But then how authentic is the receipt of land without document.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 4:28pm On May 24, 2018
woledouble:

Thanks, Treash. He doesn't have any of the document you listed. He promise to give me a receipt. But then how authentic is the receipt of land without document.

Where is the land located? Though land receipt is inadmissible in court as evidence, it only grant u equitable title and not legal. But he wl giv u deed. We cn chat up privately/ via WhatsApp. 08068088866.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by DPKayTradeFair: 7:57pm On May 24, 2018
woledouble:

Thanks DPKayTradeFair. really i don't know what you mean by title of Land. The land has been surveyed but it doesn't have a red copy. The omoonile gave the surveyor a part of the land from which he surveyed. Is the surveyor that now want to sell the land to me. The land is in a rural area of Ayiepe in Ogun state.

Oh OK. I understand now, its a sponsorship deal. Land for survey. The title of a piece land is simply proof of ownership. Well land deals are more relaxed in Ogun than Lagos and I heard that a surveyor registered survey is considered enough for land deals to fly. Let me tell you the implication, it means that in the land registry, the land will still be in the name of the family ( I am assuming that the surveyor has done his due diligence) and can be fraudulently resold to another person. But that's just rules & regulations that DOES NOT mean that the people you are buying from are thieves o. Just they have not perfected their papers. But responsibility for checking genuiness of the deal is squarely on your shoulders

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.