Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,891 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) (39903 Views)

Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. / Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. / Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Gr8amechi: 1:31pm On May 24, 2017
MarieSucre:

Yeah I understand but I will never do that. Once you start treating a man like all child he will start acting like one.

He will be doing spoil and he will not want to accept responsibility for his actions, like children do. Me I will not start what I cannot finish.
lol nice but trust me I will not

1 Like

Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Gr8amechi: 1:34pm On May 24, 2017
Sterope:
Okay, you are still blaming the woman undecided

Mothers also work yet they still find time to bond with their kids.

Mothers can only try but kids never forget.

Basically, they are not responsible for fathers' actions so you can quit blaming them

Lol not that na

1 Like

Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Sterope(f): 2:00pm On May 24, 2017
Well, you witnessed wrong.

lenghtinny:

N*gga I don't know where you came from but can you please shut the f*ck up...
This story ain't what my uncle told me because I witnessed it myself...

1 Like

Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by lenghtinny(m): 2:52pm On May 24, 2017
Sterope:
Well, you witnessed wrong.

Okay Mr witnessed right.
Replying You is a waste of time...
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by DavidHunds(m): 3:08pm On May 24, 2017
KevinDein:
I've long accepted that fatherhood is a thankless job. I'm prepared for that. However, I'd still give my all to see that my offsprings turn out great.

They can save the emotional stuffs for the mom; I don't need that. I just want them to be the best scientists, sportmen etc. That's enough for me.

The Bitter Truth

2 Likes

Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Sprumbaba: 5:18pm On May 24, 2017
danidon08:
Op so on point! Even to speak with my dad is problem. Barking orders at everyone till date. angry

He once asked why everyone was to closer to mum than him,
Ans: Most childhood memories we have of you is koboko in your hands grin

It was the koboko that straightened you. God bless the man.

1 Like

Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Bukast(m): 7:56am On May 27, 2017
PaperLace:

This makes no sense at all. Greener pastures indeed...

I don't know which planet you live in, but here that I am _women seek greener pastures too. The wife that's working and managing the home, isn't she weak too? Can't you understand and help out?

Since your culture doesn't support bathing your own kids, I pray you marry a woman whose culture doesn't support helping the husband. She'll work and eat alone,while you slave and come back weak. You'll see the main weakness. Then you'll understand marriage is about making life easier for each other.

You better read and learn. Enough said!

. See let me tell you, we are not fighting, you are aggressive with your words. thank you for your prayers. even if i marry a wife won't help me. Good. As far as I am as rich as dangote, she should not help me.like I told you before. It still depends on the type of work the father does. You said what of woman that work? Now the question is what of woman that don't work? I don't know how to explain this again but just know that a father only helps when there is time for that..you never considered all those scenario I mention, are you telling that a wife whose husband has gone a week business trip is expecting the husband to come back from the trip to be bathing the kids and changing diapers? My dear some father's see their family once in a week. The chance to help might not be there for him...If the father comes back 10pm and leaves 5am the time won't be there. Unless the father is someone who comes back early from work.. see let me tell you. what's bothering woman these days is not having a husband who will be helping them but having a husband who can and will provide more than enough for the family.. most poor men always help their wife all the time because they don't have any good job they are doing. they are always @home..I will help my wife when I am chanced. But don't say it as if it's my full time duty..
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by missyadorable(f): 4:53pm On May 27, 2017
Sprumbaba:

It was the koboko that straightened you. God bless the man.

An animal spotted...."Nama" that had to be flogged before obeying simple instructions

1 Like

Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Sprumbaba: 6:57pm On May 27, 2017
missyadorable:

An animal spotted...."Nama" that had to be flogged before obeying simple instructions

Another she goat has been let loose again.
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2017
No quarrelling guys.

Please let's learn together
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by DrGoodmanFather: 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2017
missyadorable:

It easy to know a molested child.
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Trottle: 7:12am On Sep 14, 2017
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Bukast(m): 12:40am On Mar 08, 2020

This makes no sense at all. Greener pastures indeed...

I don't know which planet you live in, but here that I am _women seek greener pastures too. The wife that's working and managing the home, isn't she weak too? Can't you understand and help out?

Since your culture doesn't support bathing your own kids, I pray you marry a woman whose culture doesn't support helping the husband. She'll work and eat alone,while you slave and come back weak. You'll see the main weakness. Then you'll understand marriage is about making life easier for each other.

You better read and learn. Enough said!

the question is still, if like he is a military man, how will he help u every day? when he don't even come home for like 6months?
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by kayusely70(m): 4:04am On Mar 08, 2020
Fathers Are Always The Victims Of Women Manipulaions, But God Shall Be The Ultimate Judge.
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Juliearth(f): 4:18am On Mar 08, 2020
Another classical instance of " As you make your bed, so shall you lie on it."
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Juliearth(f): 4:22am On Mar 08, 2020
Its easy pointing accusing fingers at the wives . but let's hear their own version as well.

Some men live careless lives, maltreat their wives, womanize...forgetting that the kids are seeing all that. When these kids grow and throw their weight of support on their mothers, the fathers would take it that the mothers have poisoned the minds of the children.
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Juliearth(f): 4:23am On Mar 08, 2020
eitsei:
The cycle will likely continue the children too will grow old and their own children will neglect them also, as long as the father was the one responsible for their upbringing (money wise) now they have their own money and forget the father who spent his on them
This is a good post nonetheless

I doubt this. Most kids who had deadbeat fathers always turn out better.
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Juliearth(f): 4:23am On Mar 08, 2020
megareal:
True. But some children simply abandon their father because of separation and divorce. A man goes on to marry another woman while the children are being singlehandedly raised by their mums, hence the abandonement.

For the intact homes, dictatorship and lack of care are the culprits. Some married women singlehandedly cater for their kids while staying under a roof with the supposed head of the house.

God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Juliearth(f): 4:25am On Mar 08, 2020
KevinDein:
I've long accepted that fatherhood is a thankless job. I'm prepared for that. However, I'd still give my all to see that my offsprings turn out great.

They can save the emotional stuffs for the mom; I don't need that. I just want them to be the best scientists, sportmen etc. That's enough for me.

I quite disagree with your first paragraph. Treat your family well, cater for them adequately to the best of your ability and you'd be amazed by the level of care, love and support your children would render to you when they are older.
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Juliearth(f): 4:26am On Mar 08, 2020
Afonjanightmare:
Mehn, the pillar of any home is the father, only stupid children would hate their DAD, my DAD trained us well, he had and still has an iron fist, barks orders, yells at everyone at home including the tables and chairs, do we love him?? Yes.

He trained you well/ played his part and that is why he is still the pillar of your home.
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Redman44(m): 7:22pm On Mar 08, 2020
As a Man, Plan for your future and make enough money that will outlast you. Then you don't have to worry about your children not taking care of you in your old age. Cheers.
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 7:48pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mothers and their magical ways of drawing their children so close. Happening to me already.
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by eitsei(m): 7:55am On Mar 09, 2020
Juliearth:

I doubt this. Most kids who had deadbeat fathers always turn out better.
read the post again and you will see it's not about deadbeat fathers
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by AlphaSoul: 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2021
pg1

Guys please read carefully

WHY FATHERS ARE NEGLECTED IN OLD AGE.
-ITS A MUST READ FOR ALL FATHERS! (and mothers too!)

Take ur time and read through.

1. In the lifetime of most Nigerian family settings, there are 3 Dispensations of Power.

2. The 1st is the first 25 years in the life of the family (father, mother, children) where power indisputably rest with the father.

3. The 2nd is after the kids have grown & started working when the power shifts to the mother.

4. The 3rd is when the kids move out of the family house or start their own families when the power moves to the children.

6. We'll start from the 1st Dispensation. Total dominance of the father. He is the Lion of the Tribe of his House. The boss.

7. During this dispensation, the father rules with an iron fist. He barks orders & determines what does or does not happen.

8. The father often mettes out corporal punishment to the recalcitrant children. They grow to fear him more than they love him.

10. The father is the provider for the family & everyone is aware of that fact with all attendant consequences.

11. Then the 2nd Dispensation sets in. The children have finished school and have started working. Power shifts to the mother.

12. When the children start earning their own money, for some reason, it's their mothers they decide to look after. They are closer to her.

13. While the father was in charge, he was busy with the business of providing. He didn't have much time to be a friend to the children.

14. They spent more time with their mum and invariably grew closer to her. They also see their mum as co-victims of the father's tyranny.

15. The mother takes centre stage at this point. She is the first to know what's happening with the children & she has advantage.

16. Should any of the daughters give birth, she is the one that goes for babysitting and the children spoil her with gifts.

17. At this stage, the father is wishing for some bond with the children like they have with their mother but that boat has sailed.

18. Because the mother doesn't rely much on the father for her needs at this stage, she is less likely to tolerate his lordship. Friction.

19. Then the 3rd and last dispensation. Power has shifted to the children. They are self-sufficient, live on their own & have own families.

20. More often than not, whenever there is a quarrel between father & mother, the children side the mother.Years of joint-victimhood at play

21. Children have been known to come to the house to warn their father not to 'disturb' their mother. Next thing, extended visitations.

22. Woe betide the father if his finances are precarious at this stage. You will be humble by force. The gang-up is real.

23. This causes most men to fall ill & develop different complications. By the time the forces are arrayed against you, you will think well.

24. Stroke, Hypertension, High-Blood Pressure. The man has a large family but no relationship with them in later life. Troubling thought.

25. Moral, dear men, while the power lies with us, let us wield it with posterity in mind. It won't be with us forever.

26. With the way you are treating your wife now, how will she treat you when power shifts to her?

27. What relationship do you have with your family? Loving dad or despotic, tyrannical provider?

28. Remember, the children always side with their mother. Aim to do enough to at least get a fair hearing in future moments of family strife

30. Invest wisely for the future so that you won't have to beg to be taken care of if despite your best efforts, you find yourself alone.

ADVISE TO CHILDREN:- IT IS NOT GOOD TO ABANDON YOUR FATHER WHO DENIED HIMSELF TO GET YOU PREPARED FOR LIFE & WHO SACRIFICIALLY SOWED TO MAKE YOU WHO YOU ARE. HONOUR YOUR BOTH PARENTS AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM IN THEIR OLD AGE. THAT IS HOW YOU TOO WILL SOW INTO YOUR FUTURE. DONT LET NEGLECTING YOUR FATHER (PARENTS ) BE A CURSE ON YOU INTO YOUR FUTURE.

ADVISE TO MOTHERS :- DON'T INCITE YOUR CHILDREN AGAINST THEIR FATHER.

*Parenthood is not easy despite its joys. There is no manual on how it works. May God help us
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Topleague(m): 10:13pm On Feb 24, 2021
good write up
Re: Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) by Nobody: 2:23am On Feb 25, 2021
KevinDein:

Lies!!!! that's the exactly same line they used. look how well it worked out for them

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Lover Owns The Twins Not You – Wife / A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding / Quintuplets: Keke Rider's Wife Gives Birth To 5 Babies In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.