Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

A Man Must Not Lay With A Woman Pregnant For Another Man: How True? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Man Must Not Lay With A Woman Pregnant For Another Man: How True? (18060 Views)

How To Go Become A Landlord In Another Man's Land / How True Are Stereotypes / A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Must Not Lay With A Woman Pregnant For Another Man: How True? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 07, 2010
Is it truly a taboo for a man to sleep with a pregnant woman whose pregnancy belongs to another man, yes or no?
Re: A Man Must Not Lay With A Woman Pregnant For Another Man: How True? by ogunsam75(m): 3:17pm On Jan 07, 2010
yes it is a taboo
Re: A Man Must Not Lay With A Woman Pregnant For Another Man: How True? by Leilah(f): 9:41pm On Jan 12, 2010
O h God, see this happened to me. I was divorcing from my ex in the states and was carrying hsi baby and i was with mynow husbnad. He knew and i was heavily pregnant that was seven years ago now. What would happen? why did he do this I wonder? sleep with someone heavily pregnant.
Re: A Man Must Not Lay With A Woman Pregnant For Another Man: How True? by poosyfaka(m): 6:38am On Jan 13, 2010
na lie
taboo is only taboo if both of u r very dedicated to traditional beliefs. it is not a taboo for me a regular n9ja guy to sleep with a pregnant white chick;nothing will happen. because in her culture it is ok.
there is no golden rule. remember,not every human being on this planet comes from your village.what is taboo in your village may be very acceptable in another person's custom.

1 Like

Re: A Man Must Not Lay With A Woman Pregnant For Another Man: How True? by hbabe(f): 10:29am On Jan 16, 2010
It is a taboo and it is believed that the woman will have difficulty during delivery!
Re: A Man Must Not Lay With A Woman Pregnant For Another Man: How True? by poosyfaka(m): 10:39am On Jan 16, 2010
hbabe:

It is a taboo and it is believed that the woman will have difficulty during delivery!

hi hbabe cutie
i know u always post great replies and i enjoy reading u;however i would have to disagree with u on this one.
these r my humble reasons:

1-hard labor and complicated deliveries are common to most women,especially first time mothers and women who are overdue,and those who carry heavy babies.

2-cesarian operations are on the rise, due to complications in delivery

3-would you kindly tell me of the last time you heard of a woman who had a complicated delivery because of this taboo?. i am talking of your personal witness not a hearsay.

thank you .

[center]poosy faka[/center]
Re: A Man Must Not Lay With A Woman Pregnant For Another Man: How True? by hbabe(f): 2:27pm On Jan 16, 2010
@Possy faka
Thanks.
Its a traditional belief and I was told stories but I have not witnessed any incidence.
Moreover I am a christian so don't subscribe to such.
I totally agree with you on your reasons for difficult delivery but try telling the traditionalists in my village!
You will be automatically tagged the guilty man involved in the act.
Cheers.
Re: A Man Must Not Lay With A Woman Pregnant For Another Man: How True? by poosyfaka(m): 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2010
hbabe:

@Possy faka
Thanks.
Its a traditional belief and I was told stories but I have not witnessed any incidence.
Moreover I am a christian so don't subscribe to such.
I totally agree with you on your reasons for difficult delivery but try telling the traditionalists in my village!
You will be automatically tagged the guilty man involved in the act.
Cheers.

thanks hbabe
i love the way you answer; you are tender and very considerate;unlike some people who just jump on their gun start shooting insults and profanity.
have a great weekend dear
Re: A Man Must Not Lay With A Woman Pregnant For Another Man: How True? by tEsLim(m): 11:34pm On Jan 20, 2010
Well I dont give a Bleep about taboos. But still I can't sleep with a pregnant woman when its not my baby in there. Its disgusting to me. Like a chicken warming eggs that ain't hers waste of energy, even when the baby's just a bastard or something. I'm not too Christian or anything but I consider it sinful to humankind.

There are Yoruba urban legends like:

1. its going to take long for the baby to start talking
2. The guy who sleeps with the pregnant woman will face a lot of life difficulties from financial problems too series of badluck
3. General Curse on the 3 involved parties lol woman, guy and baby

1 Like

Re: A Man Must Not Lay With A Woman Pregnant For Another Man: How True? by utagbaogbe: 6:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
camelot: Is it truly a taboo for a man to sleep with a pregnant woman whose pregnancy belongs to another man, yes or no?
yes, if the man knew or was told and still proceed to such doings! Is not a sin if the woman hide her seed from the new man or if the new man didn't knew about it! That is why God have to speak to joseph directly through his angel before he cross the border lol.

(1) (Reply)

Hausa Fulani Women Are The Most Faithful Women In Nigeria / New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift / Obu Umunri Enugwu-ukwu Yuletide Masquerades Flogging Competition (Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.