Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

My Perfect Gentleman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Perfect Gentleman (627 Views)

Cold In Warri, Delta. Any Perfect Gentleman? / Gentleman Grabs Fiancee's Backside In Pre-wedding Photos / For Guys Only, Multiple And Practical Ways Of How To Be That Perfect Gentleman. (2) (3) (4)

My Perfect Gentleman by wozniacki(f): 5:20pm On May 02, 2017
So I met this dude... Not too fine facially... Quite tall and dark (works for me). So basically he got my number from a friend and added me on WhatsApp. I NEVER really give attention to guys that check me out on WhatsApp (that is if I didn't give you my number and you wouldn't tell me how you got it... Well, probably cos I get bored easily, especially if you try to play mind games with me). But this guy; his manner of approach was different. He was polite, honest and went straight to the point.

Well, we started talking more than we chatted. For close to a month, I noticed consistency... And honesty (I know this because I asked him questions I already knew answers to and he was really honest about them).
So we kept talking and everyday... His timings were consistent. Then it was that time for "are you ready to meet"? Bruhaha...
I had kept avoiding to see him (reasons unknown... Lol). I had seen his pictures but I wasn't honestly attracted to him physically... But then I noticed some kind of mental attraction (the last time I had a mental attraction without a physical attraction first was five years ago).

I always looked forward to hearing from him... Always. I rarely called but he would always call three times a day... Consistently (it became a drug prescription for me). Our conversations were vast and his fluency with the English Language is superb! So, I was learning new words from him... Lol. Then his laughter!!! Choi! That sound sends chills to my body. He laughs like a child... His laughter makes me want to take care of him... Like ask him " do you want biscuit or cheese balls"? Lol. I started looking for new ways to tease him so he'd just laugh... The laughter is so PURE and straight from the heart. Like when he would ask me " how are you feeling today "? And I would answer him " die die"... He would laugh!!!

So I decided to see him.
" where will be convenient for us to see"? He asked. I was quiet.
"Or should I come pick you, then we'll find a spot"?
" No oo", I replied immediately.
The last time a tall, dark, Ibo guy came to the house to look for me, my mum tortured me with Jamb questions.
I immediately told him where we'd meet.

Few hours later, I was getting prepared for our date. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible (no be fashion parade I dey go). I was going to wear a short free gown and a pair of sandals...
My phone rang;
"I'm there", he said, as I picked up the phone.
" ha, already?" I asked, not really surprised because this dude; he's a time keeper!
"Very well then, I'll be with you in 37mins", I continued, sounding cheeky.
He chuckled and asked " what's the 7mins for"?
"To look at the mirror", I answered sarcastically. He laughed... Chai! That laughter sha.
" Please dress simple ", he teased.
I " yimu'ed" at him and ended the call.

Forty minutes later, I was standing inside; dialling his number. He picked up almost immediately.
"I'm inside. Please stand up and raise your hand so I can spot you" I said.
"Yes ma'am" he whispered, and I immediately saw him gesture towards me. I smiled. OK, he's tall... I thought to myself.
As I walked towards him, I noticed he couldn't stop smiling.
"Hello pretty", he said as I got to where he was standing. He took my hands and pulled the chair out for me. Awwww... Gentleman!
" You're smaller in person" he said
"Cuter and fairer" he added.
"You're actually yellow" he teased. I smiled and asked.
"Like malaria urine yellow, or MTN yellow"?. He laughed hysterically and just like I had imagined, he looked cuter when he laughed.
We did small talks for a few mins and placed our order. It was a cozy, quiet and beautiful restaurant.

He stretched out his hand and held mine... Oga, easy o, I thought to myself and shivered a bit ( well, he has plenty hairs on his palm and hairy hands make me shiver... So no, I wasn't catching feelings). He noticed my discomfort and asked if I was okay.
" yeah" I answered, faking a smile... (My real smile is same as my fake smile anyways).
We ate quietly. I noticed his fingers are neatly cut, his beards and hair on his head were moderate ( this one doesn't carry comb about). I was impressed.
Then it happened! It was a loud laugh behind me. I turned immediately. Then she was in front of me

" Oh! This is the thing you left me in the house for, eh kwa"? She was apparently talking to him but she kept staring at me with blood shot eyes. Then she took the knife from the table. Everything was happening so fast as I still sat still gazing like a slowpoke. This isn't Nollywood movie o. Yeparipa!
"Baby, come here" I heard him gesture to me as he stood up and made for my hands. He called me "baby" for the first time and this time, I agreed to be his "baby". Immediately I stood up but the lady stopped me.
"My friend, will u stay there"? She shouted. I was terrified... O boy! This girl is three of me put together. I was shivering... Was it the A.C? Then she turned to him
" and you... By the time I'm done eh". He was trying to say something to her but no way. Some persons had started "unminding" their businesses as they continued watching this movie.

I don't know how it happened but somehow I managed to leave my spot. I was behind dude's back, as I held him on his shirt, shielding myself from the lady (apparently his girlfriend). I was still shivering... The A.C was too much.
"Jesus, son of David, have mercy on me and fight this battle for me", I prayed silently.
" For I have no power of my own. I confess to you Holy Spirit" I continued.
So this is how my fellow woman will come and beat me... No o. I kept praying in different tongues still hiding behind bros.
Then an idea came... I have to do something fast before something happens.
Then it hit me... This isn't happening.
Then she pushed bro out of the way and was about to stab me...

I did the smartest thing I could think of... I WOKE up!!!
It was a dream!!!
Choi!!! I was sweating profusely.
I immediately ran to the bathroom as I allowed the cold water run through my earthly body.

So this was a dream, eh kwa? Then and there I knew I was going to remain single for life! All the good men have been taken or are yet to be born.
I cried!!!

The End.
Lmao.

Re: My Perfect Gentleman by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 02, 2017
GEExlusive u got a competitor here grin

Re: My Perfect Gentleman by dingbang(m): 5:24pm On May 02, 2017

Na dream sef...

Re: My Perfect Gentleman by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 02, 2017
Wow, so great a write up you have.
Started reading and didn't even skip a line(which is rare) until I was done.
Dear, your dictions and writings, even though fictional, but we're so real.
I could literally feel my self in the restaurant.

A million likes for you.
Re: My Perfect Gentleman by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 02, 2017
Who want read that textbook
Re: My Perfect Gentleman by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 02, 2017
sunshyne20:
Wow, so great a write up you have.
Started reading and didn't even skip a line(which is rare) until I was done.
Dear, your dictions and writings, even though fictional, but we're so real.
I could literally feel my self in the restaurant.

A million likes for you.
Forget about the million likes, just like the post..
Re: My Perfect Gentleman by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 02, 2017
uzoclinton:
Forget about the million likes, just like the post..

Lol, ok sir.
1 real like, and 999,999 likes for the post

Re: My Perfect Gentleman by wozniacki(f): 5:54pm On May 02, 2017
sunshyne20:
Wow, so great a write up you have. Started reading and didn't even skip a line(which is rare) until I was done. Dear, your dictions and writings, even though fictional, but we're so real. I could literally feel my self in the restaurant.
A million likes for you.
Thank you. I'm humbled. A million hugs to you.
Re: My Perfect Gentleman by Donkaz(m): 5:54pm On May 02, 2017
Now this is cool, not all those rubbish posts I see these days.

Re: My Perfect Gentleman by wozniacki(f): 6:03pm On May 02, 2017
dingbang:

Na dream sef...
Right back at you kiddo... right back at you.
Re: My Perfect Gentleman by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 02, 2017
so u let me waste my time to read dis story when u know its only a dream.
Re: My Perfect Gentleman by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 02, 2017
wozniacki:

Thank you. I'm humbled. A million hugs to you.

Thanks my dear.
I acknowledge hugs receipt.
Re: My Perfect Gentleman by Alphamale2017(m): 1:36am On May 03, 2017
normaly i don't read fiction . I always skip the ones posted on frontpage . but this one. ur delivery was good . thumbs up

Which One Do You Prefer? / 5 Key Signs The Person You're Dating Is Not Your Future Spouse / Best Cure For Diabetes

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78