Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love (1667 Views)

Have You Encountered Unrequited Love? Share Your Experiences / Here Are 3 Reasons Why Girls Keep Friendzoning You- Number 3 Will Shock You. / Did I Go Wrong By Friendzoning This Girl? Pls Advise Me Guys (convo Screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 10:40pm On May 02, 2017
Have you ever been friendzoned? It is different strokes for different folks,do you see it as friendzoning or unrequited love?

cc smellymouth
cc Alaga1
cc Sinz
cc lefulefu
cc martineverest
cc Harddon
cc kimbra
cc Dextology

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 02, 2017
There's a difference between the both. In friend zone the individual believe that there's a connection or relationship with another person without actually making his or her intent known and expecting a response.

In an unrequited love, there's an agreement between two partners to go into a relationship but one of the partner gives total commitment while the other doesn't reciprocate the love and affection, thereby making the other frustrated.

Na my small reason be that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 10:59pm On May 02, 2017
Dextology:
There's a difference between the both.
Please can you explain more on it.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by SINZ: 11:01pm On May 02, 2017
Ofcourse I've been friendzoned and friendzoning, from what ever way you choose to look at it, is certainly unrequited love. If you didn't have affections for her in the first place then you wouldn't have called that place she placed you a "friend zone". You'll be contented with being just a friend.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 11:06pm On May 02, 2017
SINZ:
Ofcourse I've been friendzoned and friendzoning, from what ever way you choose to look at it, is certainly unrequited love. If you didn't have affections for her in the first place then you wouldn't have called that place she placed you a "friend zone". You'll be contented with being just a friend.
I always hear about girls friend zoning guys,but does it ever occur the other way....

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 02, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Please can you explain more on it.

The post have been modified.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 11:12pm On May 02, 2017
Unrequited love or one sided love is love that is not openly reciprocated or understood as such by the beloved.The beloved may not be aware of the admirer's deep and strong romantic affection,or may consciously reject it.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by SINZ: 11:13pm On May 02, 2017
Youdondeymad:
I always hear about girls friend zoning guys,but does it ever occur the other way....

Even though its rare (because most guys would rather exploit the girl by fvcking the hell out of her), it does happen. It is only prevalent with the female folk because unlike us, they aren't psychologically equipped to bridge the gap between friendship and potential fvck-buddy. I have also friendzoned a couple of ladies both past and present.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 11:13pm On May 02, 2017
Dextology:

The post have been modified.
Noted

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 11:21pm On May 02, 2017
SINZ:

Even though its rare (because most guys would rather exploit the girl by fvcking the hell out of her), it does happen. It is only prevalent with the female folk because unlike us, they aren't psychologically equipped to bridge the gap between friendship and potential Bleep-buddy. I have also friendzoned a couple of ladies both past and present.
Hmmm,there is this lady I've been avoiding because I like her but I don't love her.It got to a point that I had to lie to her that I've impregnated a lady just to chase her away,is that friendzoning?

Using a term like friendzoned almost makes it sound like you blame someone for turning you down if they don't like you.Never thought of it that way.Most ladies school of thought is that we(guys) use this term as a defense mechanism to protect our bruised egos,thanks for sharing.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by SINZ: 11:22pm On May 02, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Hmmm,there is this lady I've been avoiding because I like her but I don't love her.It got to a point that I had to lie to her that I've impregnated a lady just to chase her away,is that friendzoning?

No sir, that's outright rejection! gringrin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 11:40pm On May 02, 2017
SINZ:

No sir, that's outright rejection! gringrin
undecided grin To be honest I like the lady but I'm not sexually and romantically attracted to her.I'm avoiding her because I don't want to hit and run,I'm just trying to be a gentleman o(lol)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Leriebloom(f): 11:41pm On May 02, 2017
Dextology:
There's a difference between the both. In friend zone the individual believe that there's a connection or relationship with another person without actually making his or her intent known and expecting a response.

In an unrequited love, there's an agreement between two partners to go into a relationship but one of the partner gives total commitment while the other doesn't reciprocate the love and affection, thereby making the other frustrated.

Na my small reason be that

U av said it all

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 02, 2017
D diff is oyinbo
Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 11:46pm On May 02, 2017
Leriebloom:

U av said it all
Have you ever been friendzoned or vice versa?

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Leriebloom(f): 11:48pm On May 02, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Have you ever been friendzoned or vice versa?

Never. I do the friend zoning instead grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 11:49pm On May 02, 2017
folarinmiles:
D diff is oyinbo
May I know your reasons because I just checked my dictionary and there is a difference...

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 11:50pm On May 02, 2017
Leriebloom:

Never. I do the friend zoning instead grin
Lol,why?

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Leriebloom(f): 11:53pm On May 02, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Lol,why?

I won't date every guy that asks me out, I rather be friends with them.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 11:54pm On May 02, 2017
Good evening Laveda,let's hear from you.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 11:58pm On May 02, 2017
Leriebloom:

I won't date every guy that asks me out, I rather be friends with them.
Hmmm!hypothetically,if you are aware he has feelings for you,how is the situation handled?I'm just curious because I have been pondering about this issue for a very long time,thanks.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Leriebloom(f): 12:05am On May 03, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Hmmm!hypothetically,if you are aware he has feelings for you,how is the situation handled?I'm just curious because I have been pondering about this issue for a very long time,thanks.

It's not wrong to develop feelings. If I don't have any feelings for him I would tell him in the most polite way so he wouldn't think I am leading him on when there is nada ......the friendship continues.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 12:14am On May 03, 2017
Leriebloom:

It's not wrong to develop feelings. If I don't have any feelings for him I would tell him in the most polite way so he wouldn't think I am leading him on when there is nada ......the friendship continues.
Is it wrong to stop communicating with such person if he/she refuses to let go,how do you cope with the obsessed ones?

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Leriebloom(f): 12:27am On May 03, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Is it wrong to stop communicating with such person if he/she refuses to let go,how do you cope with the obsessed ones?

I once had a guy who was always on my neck. I told him I wasn't interested and he was taking none of that even when I suggested that we remain friends. He wanted more. He would send me one thousand and one messages. Give me twenty straight missed calls. Message me on FB, Message me on WhatsApp. I didn't know what else to do at that time, so I blocked him. I know it was wrong but he was already starting to bug and trust me, no one likes bugs.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Fmartin(m): 12:29am On May 03, 2017
undecided
Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 12:46am On May 03, 2017
Leriebloom:

I once had a guy who was always on my neck. I told him I wasn't interested and he was taking none of that even when I suggested that we remain friends. He wanted more. He would send me one thousand and one messages. Give me twenty straight missed calls. Message me on FB, Message me on WhatsApp. I didn't know what else to do at that time, so I blocked him. I know it was wrong but he was already starting to bug and trust me, no one likes bugs.
This is what I have been waiting for,thanks for sharing.Goodnight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 12:48am On May 03, 2017
Fmartin:
undecided
grin Wetin happen bruh?

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by NarnieSnyper(m): 7:17am On May 03, 2017
They are synonymous to me, because one who doesn't want you doesn't want to be with you......but then again, a girl might like a guy but hate him for certain reasons, so she'll try her best to keep the distance.

The more you try to understand this, the more confused you get
Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Fmartin(m): 8:31am On May 03, 2017
Youdondeymad:
grin Wetin happen bruh?
nofin was jus thinking
Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Nobody: 10:49am On May 03, 2017
I have female friends na so in other words we are friendzoned.but I haven't experienced the one u ask a girl out and she friendzone u.so I dont know how it feels.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 11:13am On May 03, 2017
Fmartin:
nofin was jus thinking
Hmmm! noted grin

Re: What Is The Difference Between Friendzoning And Unrequited Love by Youdondeymad: 11:18am On May 03, 2017
NarnieSnyper:
They are synonymous to me, because one who doesn't want you doesn't want to be with you......but then again, a girl might like a guy but hate him for certain reasons, so she'll try her best to keep the distance.

The more you try to understand this, the more confused you get
You took the words out of my mouth,you just hit the nail on the head with your last sentence,to be honest,I'm confused also.I love those that I'm suppose to hate,hate those that I'm suppose to love.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Birthday S*x [part 6] / My Sweetheart Has Lost Her Mum! What SHOULD I Do NOW? / Date Gone Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.