Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. (20630 Views)

Itel P33: Unboxing And First Impression Of The New Power Hero / Infinix Hot 5 Unboxing Video And First Impression / Tecno L9 Plus Unboxing, Hands On And First Impression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:41am On May 04, 2017
DollarAngel:

I knew one of those guys was going to quote me, you are one of those people out there whose life's ambition is to catch up and meet up. whose life is driven by the desire to intimidate and oppress others. The primary motive for all you do is prove you are superior or better than their contemporaries
I’m afraid you’re perhaps living a life derailed from purpose and empty in essence. It is not a truly happy life.

Broke people always think they have an opinion. The fact you feel oppreseed and intimidated by what others choose to use their money to do shows your life is very very miserable.
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by DollarAngel(m): 10:54am On May 04, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Broke people always think they have an opinion. The fact you feel oppreseed and intimidated by what others choose to use their money to do shows your life is very very miserable.

Is that what you think or feel, that you came from a broken and distratous home, doesn't mean you should hit out at everyone you see on this forum, with the kind of jargons you wrote now, I swear you are a very broke NIGGA living above his means, it only for short while.... Don't quote me further boy
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:07am On May 04, 2017
DollarAngel:

Is that what you think or feel, that you came from a broken and distratous home, doesn't mean you should hit out at everyone you see on this forum, with the kind of jargons you wrote now, I swear you are a very broke NIGGA living above his means, it only for short while.... Don't quote me further boy

Abeg swerve make I see better thing read, undecided
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by judajix(m): 2:09pm On May 04, 2017
Samsung should at least put great speakers in their high end phones, common!!! I was disappointed its normal speakers as usual
However misstechy how do u get these phones to review..
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by ollah2: 4:28pm On May 04, 2017
judajix:
Samsung should at least put great speakers in their high end phones, common!!! I was disappointed its normal speakers as usual
However misstechy how do u get these phones to review..

The speakers aren't bad though but who listens to music without earphones? These phones come equipped with AKG earphones and they sound pretty great.
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by ollah2: 4:37pm On May 04, 2017
KennyID17:

I feel one handed operation is out of it if u have small hands. Unless there's some software trick that allows u to use only half d screen (d bottom part), heard Nougat comes with multiwindow support baked in.

The FPS is awkwardly placed, even Samsung admitted it by always telling u to cleans d camera covering every time u open up d camera. U would always smudge d camera first before hitting d scanner. Once again if u have small hands, it's gonna b very difficult.
But u hardly gonna use it tho, considering how fast and efficient d Iris scanner is, some say u hardly gonna see d lock screen cheesy

One handed usage is baked inside touchwiz and it's further implemented on Samsung Xperience. Regarding nougat, multiwindow has been present since the days of S3 so Samsung users care less about it been baked in or not cos the experience isn't much difference especially if you have S5 upwards phone.

Iris scanner is one hell of a feature that makes people completely forget about the FPS.
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by PhonePlanet(m): 10:34pm On May 04, 2017
realestniggah:

ashawo like you
na you know
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by MissTechy(f): 10:26am On May 05, 2017
donsteady:
My first time on your page, nice review. Keep it up.

Thank you for the kind words
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by MissTechy(f): 10:28am On May 05, 2017
damoneyman007:
Wow. MissTecky am very much impressed . I am a teck/gadget lover ( phones and video games most especially) Dis is d 1st time am comin acros yur videos & am I must say u d best reviewer hav seen in nigeria am very much impressed. yur passion for was visible in d video. Am a Fan..!!!

Yay thank you so much, you don't know how much I appreciate these words.
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by MissTechy(f): 10:28am On May 05, 2017
hadura29:
Misstechy hope you have mopped the office? don't disturb the cleaners coz you did this one on purpose grin grin Nice review, but abeg speak nigeria english no tongue twisting... One love

LMAO, I could actually detect my yoruba tongue in the video and I did the cleaning myself grin

1 Like

Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by tidedroid: 10:32am On May 05, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
All I want to do on this Phone is Play MC5!!! cry
on this phone mc versus and shadowgun legend will look like paint on the screen.peeps who can currently afford this are flipping lucky
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by theoscouse: 10:35am On May 05, 2017
Has anyone also tried using some of these Chinese phones that works perfectly as Sumsung phones?
These articles may be helpful.

http://www.afriqnet.com/9-chinese-smart-phones-works-perfect-like-samsung-didnt-know/
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by Nobody: 11:55am On May 05, 2017
PhonePlanet:
misstechy you don't know how I feel now, I am very sad!!! you fucking came to my school, standing in front of my department (computer science) after I've gone home for holidays!!(we vacated last week) lie lie o! you must do another video!!!!!
Damn.. Phoneplanet... You are really in csc, Unilag... What level.. If I am to ask
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by Decale: 6:53pm On May 05, 2017
ollah2:

One handed usage is baked inside touchwiz and it's further implemented on Samsung Xperience. Regarding nougat, multiwindow has been present since the days of S3 so Samsung users care less about it been baked in or not cos the experience isn't much difference especially if you have S5 upwards phone.

Iris scanner is one hell of a feature that makes people completely forget about the FPS.

Forget FPS? Lol

Fingerprint sensor will always be more comfortable and most widely used in the smartphone industry. Iris what?

The placement is inconvenient but definitely not a deal breaker. But to prove your assertions wrong, let Samsung remove fingerprint and instill the iris alone and vice versa.

How do you think the world will react?
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by PhonePlanet(m): 7:24pm On May 05, 2017
pachman:

Damn.. Phoneplanet... You are really in csc, Unilag... What level.. If I am to ask
200lvl
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 05, 2017
PhonePlanet:

200lvl
I dey 300... Alright, would send u a pm
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by ollah2: 9:47pm On May 05, 2017
Decale:

Forget FPS? Lol

Fingerprint sensor will always be more comfortable and most widely used in the smartphone industry. Iris what?

The placement is inconvenient but definitely not a deal breaker. But to prove your assertions wrong, let Samsung remove fingerprint and instill the iris alone and vice versa.

How do you think the world will react?

Slowly but surely iris scanner will take over cos FPS isn't very secured. When iris scanner matures pretty well, FPS will be relegated to midrangers and low ends
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by Decale: 12:51am On May 06, 2017
ollah2:

Slowly but surely iris scanner will take over cos FPS isn't very secured. When iris scanner matures pretty well, FPS will be relegated to midrangers and low ends

I don't think iris would take over

Fingerprint although less secured is more comfortable. Can be used in low light situations, on different positions, without need to take off contacts/glasses, app lock, etc etc

Iris to me is a gimmick that everyone will realize later, similar to android face recognition security

1 Like

Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by ollah2: 1:05am On May 06, 2017
Decale:

I don't think iris would take over

Fingerprint although less secured is more comfortable. Can be used in low light situations, on different positions, without need to take off contacts/glasses, app lock, etc etc

Iris to me is a gimmick that everyone will realize later, similar to android face recognition security

You think iris scanner doesn't work just like this? It always start as a gimmick until other OEMs embraces it and it becomes the norm.
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by Decale: 2:52am On May 06, 2017
ollah2:

You think iris scanner doesn't work just like this? It always start as a gimmick until other OEMs embraces it and it becomes the norm.

Lol. Iris has its limits that cannot be improved

Fingerprint doesn't
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by ollah2: 4:11am On May 06, 2017
Decale:

Lol. Iris has its limits that cannot be improved

Fingerprint doesn't

What are three limits?
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by Decale: 9:47am On May 06, 2017
ollah2:

What are three limits?

Can it be used in the dark? Nope

Can it be used conveniently under Nigerian sun? Nope

Can it be used while patient is lying down? Nope

Can it be used while the phone is on the floor/bed? Nope

Can it be used on the table during meetings? Nope

Can it be used with your contacts/glasses? Nope

Can it be used if you have an eye disease? Nope

Can it be used after a major eye operation? Nope

Can it be used in the club, dinner events, social and religious night gatherings? Barely

Is it faster for mobile app transactions, browsing the internet, playstore usage, etc? Nope

What exactly is it good for? Just more secured

You see why it's a gimmick?
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by ollah2: 9:53am On May 06, 2017
Decale:

Can it be used in the dark? Nope

Can it be used conveniently under Nigerian sun? Nope

Can it be used while patient is lying down? Nope

Can it be used while the phone is on the floor/bed? Nope

Can it be used on the table during meetings? Nope

Can it be used with your contacts/glasses? Nope

Can it be used if you have an eye disease? Nope

Can it be used after a major eye operation? Nope

Can it be used in the club, dinner events, social and religious night gatherings? Barely

Is it faster for mobile app transactions, browsing the internet, playstore usage, etc? Nope

What exactly is it good for? Just more secured

You see why it's a gimmick?

Have u used one before?
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by Decale: 9:57am On May 06, 2017
ollah2:

Have u used one before?

You don't have to use one to know the everyday limitations. A simple video or web search will establish the facts.

I don watch the video grin
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by ollah2: 9:59am On May 06, 2017
Decale:

You don't have to use one to know the everyday limitations. A simple video or web search will establish the facts.

I don watch the video grin

Everything you wrote there are all false. Iris scanner works on all scenarios. Check out videos of Note 7 and S8. Check out videos of Nokia 950 XL and Microsoft laptops with iris scanner. It's called windows Hello
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by texazzpete(m): 6:04pm On May 07, 2017
ollah2:

Everything you wrote there are all false. Iris scanner works on all scenarios. Check out videos of Note 7 and S8. Check out videos of Nokia 950 XL and Microsoft laptops with iris scanner. It's called windows Hello

Windows Hello doesn't use Iris scanner. And I just set up my S8...Where it was made clear that the Iris Scanner works poorly in bright sunlight,very low light and doesn't work well with glasses.

I tested it out myself and it definitely doesn't work well with my glasses on.

Its nowhere near as convenient as a Fingerprint scanner
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by ThePhoneGuy: 7:11am On May 21, 2017
I just got the Galaxy s8..very cool phone
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by MissTechy(f): 12:47pm On May 21, 2017
ThePhoneGuy:
I just got the Galaxy s8..very cool phone

Good to know
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by Youngpo413: 1:23pm On May 21, 2017
Once of the reasons I will forever be grateful to Xiaomi.... nice one miss techy.
Re: What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. by MissTechy(f): 12:57pm On May 22, 2017
Youngpo413:
Once of the reasons I will forever be grateful to Xiaomi.... nice one miss techy.

Thanks and I hope you subscribe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ntel introduced unlimited night plans...500naira for 60gb or more / Here Are All The Leaked 7.1 Os For Your Blackberry / Itel P40: Designs Specification And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.