Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land (38108 Views)

Meet 50 Obas Who Rule Lagos With Oba Rilwan Akiolu / Oba Akiolu Arrives For Fashola's Photographic Foundation Ceremony In Style / Oba Rilwan Akiolu's Palace On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by BAILMONEY: 8:14am On May 04, 2017
Chapterr5ive:

Typical Osu, they lie for a living. Chai.... Lmaooooooo
the rational thing for you to do is to channel your frustration to lilwayne bling bling akiolu. Remember when you cone heads were praising him for his irrational comment about igbos some years back?. WE DEY CALL THIS KIND THING WEY LILWAYNE TALK "ASISA" FOR OUR LINGUA. E DEY ALWAYS HAPPEN LIKE THAT.... LONG LIVE OBA LIL WAYNE AKIOLU.

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 8:14am On May 04, 2017
Bridget95:
E pain Lai Muhammed grand son.

LIEnus Mba baby factory product, cry more please. cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 8:17am On May 04, 2017
[s]
BAILMONEY:
the rational thing for you to do is to channel your frustration to lilwayne bling bling akiolu. Remember when you cone heads were praising him for his irrational comment about igbos some years back?. WE DEY CALL THIS KIND THING WEY LILWAYNE TALK "ASISA" FOR OUR LINGUA. E DEY ALWAYS HAPPEN LIKE THAT.... LONG LIVE OBA LIL WAYNE AKIOLU.
[/s]

Flat head, you were the one masturbating on a fake news. I ignored this trashy thread until you animals started saying my people are not Yoruba. I cant open my eyes while cursed people from far away East re-write history. You should be worried about Ikweere and other tribes that deny you people daily. Lol

9 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Mckennedy: 8:17am On May 04, 2017
VirginFinder:

Oshodi means one who does the odd thing/action

Eti Osa means the edge of the lagoon

I am not sure what Eko means.

Always ask when you are not clear.

Binis ruled Lagos briefly. They never founded it neither were they the indigenous settlers.
Even then, they have lost it to the Yorubas forever.

Wake up!

WELP
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:20am On May 04, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Since he is brave and honest, Lagos Island is not Yoruba land.
Simple
They are land grabbers, oba know more than Yoruba e-rats, they should mind their brown roof republic. Lagos doesn't belong to Yoruba, if you can remember how Lagos delegates disagreed with southwest delegates on national conference grin grin They can rant online, northerns and easterners has taken over Lagos cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Mckennedy: 8:22am On May 04, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Lagos will forever belong to the yorubas.

I can see most people don't know the history of Lagos and that's why they are spewing trash above.

You keep looking at lagos only from the angle of who owns the throne of Oba of Lagos.

The oba of Lagos today doesn't have jurisdiction over the entire lagos, his influence lies mainly in isale eko, he can't influence anything in ikorodu, epe, badagry, oshodi, abule egba, ketu etc

The original owners of the oba of Lagos throne are the aworis, the aworis migrated from ile-ife,.the aworis are direct descendants of olofin , one of the sons of oduduwa. The binis don't have any ancestral claim to lagos nor did they ever conquered lagos through a war.

The awori willingly welcomed a bini prince called ado, and accepted to be under the bini rule due to the civil war in the Yoruba nation then I.e they needed protection because they were not strong militarily.

But the bini rule lasted for just three generations or so. And the aworis took over the throne. ..so howcome people are saying modern day lagos belongs to the binis?

Why didn't you say epe and ikorodu which is owned by the ijebus also belongs to the binis or oshodi or badagry.

Lagos is the Commonwealth of the Yoruba nation the yoruba culture and language is dominant in Lagos . .we have exclusive rights to it, and we owe nobody any explanation

I feel your frustration you're telling us that Aworis are yoruba? Why then do they have their own language? Until then I will take you serious.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 8:24am On May 04, 2017
@virginfinder,
All pre-colonial maps of west africa show Lagos as being part of the benin empire. And the first of those maps was made around 600 years ago.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 8:26am On May 04, 2017
Some of these guys calling themselves yoruba on this forum have no sense at all.
They will say anything and even contradict themselves.
If you give them proof that they are wrong, they will insult you and continue claiming what you disproved.
Mckennedy:

I feel your frustration you're telling us that Aworis are yoruba? Why then do they have their own language? Until then I will take you serious.
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Omofunaab2: 8:26am On May 04, 2017
Mckennedy:

That's why we keep saying most of you shouldn't dabble into matters you know nothing about.

Awori doesn't have a different language, what they have is a different dialect of yoruba just like the egbas, akokos, Ibadan etc have their own dialect of yoruba too

6 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Okezenwa: 8:27am On May 04, 2017
post=56190856:

They are land grabbers, oba know more than Yoruba e-rats, they should mind their brown roof republic. Lagos doesn't belong to Yoruba, if you can remember how Lagos delegates disagreed with southwest delegates on national conference grin grin They can rant online, northerns and easterners has taken over Lagos cool cool

Frank, how can you take over a place you are being deported daily and flung back to Onitsha head bridge. You are slaves and being used by everyone, Onitsha are benins and not Ibos while Enugu is Fulani land.

6 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 8:30am On May 04, 2017
There is no such thing as "the yoruba tribe", what we have are different tribes which are being called "yoruba tribe".
You can not be a tribe if you have many languages. Each tribe has its own language, that is only common sense, but guess what the "yoruba-crazies" over here have no common sense.
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Mckennedy: 8:30am On May 04, 2017
VirginFinder:

That's why you need to be a reader. I didnt have to be there to know the history. Ever seen the Lagos Island dynasty chart before?

The Oba will soon deny the report. He dare not spew such bunkum.

Naso una dey rewrite history oyibo read very well.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/03/lagos-not-belong-yorubas-oba-akiolu/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 8:31am On May 04, 2017
Mckennedy:

Another ignorant flat head. We have a different dialect and not language, just like Ijebus, Egbas, Ekitis, Ijeshas have their dialect of Yoruba language. I still dont know why you Eboes are carrying our matter on your head like gala, we are Yoruba so why do you now want to kill yourself? Pathetic

11 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Mckennedy: 8:32am On May 04, 2017
Chapterr5ive:

Another ignorant flat head. We have a different dialect and not language, just like Ijebus, Egbas, Ekitis, Ijeshas have their dialect of Yoruba language. I still dont know why you Eboes are carrying our matter on your head like gala, we are Yoruba so why do you now want to kill yourself? Pathetic

http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/03/lagos-not-belong-yorubas-oba-akiolu/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook

3 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by SIRmanjar(m): 8:33am On May 04, 2017
Chapterr5ive:
[s][/s]

Lmao. E pain the dirty mofo. Who want to be a brother to cocaine smugglers, even an Indonesia police said you all are curse to Nigeria and Africa. Why will i want to be a brother to those kinda cursed people. Even Ikweeres deny you people daily. Lmaooo
Mr man are u still here it's obvious to evryone that u have brain touch..From night till morning u have been here trying to force ur dirty brotherhood on me even while I was asleep..My oba made it crystal clear we are binis, so take ur grievances to his palace ad stop showcasing ur madness here boy..abi you nor get shame sef?You ar embarrassing yorubas here making it look like you are begging us for brotherhood.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Mckennedy: 8:33am On May 04, 2017
Omofunaab2:

That's why we keep saying most of you shouldn't dabble into matters you know nothing about.

Awori doesn't have a different language, what they have is a different dialect of yoruba just like the egbas, akokos, Ibadan etc have their own dialect of yoruba too

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 8:33am On May 04, 2017
You do not have different dialects, whaat you have are different tribes.
Common sense.
yoruba (or y.a.riba) means oyo and that is all.
Chapterr5ive:

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by bakynes(m): 8:35am On May 04, 2017
My Yoruba Brothers please stop arguing with these Flat heads they know the truth, they know how it is on ground in Lagos, they just want to taunt you with the Lagos is "No man's land" slogan but am happy you didn't not allow them rewrite history to favour their lieing ass.

Am sure Akiolu never said that they just came up with the article.

Akiolu himself is an Awori man and Aworis are Yorubas. I dated one so I know. Akiolu himself speaks Yoruba language and cannot speak Bini language even though the Benin created the throne of Lagos but ruled over Aworis. After 3 generations the throne was given to the Aworis.

The throne of Onitsha is a Benin throne as well and they ruled over igbos(similar to the Lagos history) but can Benin lay claim to Onitsha occupied by Igbos.

These things happens in the era of empires. The Benin Empire was very strong military wise pre-colonial era they ruled places that were not their land just like Rome ruled Egypt through Mark Anthony(a Roman commander) but is Egypt a Roman land? Romans gave the now Britain it's name "Britannia" and ruled over the Anglo-Saxons but is Britain a Roman land?

All these igbos should use their senses and stop distorting history.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 8:35am On May 04, 2017
[s]
SIRmanjar:

Mr man are u still here it's obvious to evryone that u have brain touch..From night till morning u have been here trying to force ur dirty brotherhood on me even while I was asleep..My oba made it crystal clear we are binis, so take ur grievances to his palace ad stop showcasing ur madness here boy..abi you nor get shame sef?You ar embarrassing yorubas here making it look like you are begging us for brotherhood.
[/s]

You are only bringjng shame and disgrace to your Ibo tribe. I now know why Ikweres insult you people daily cos you love claiming things online. Your parents will surely stone you to death when they know you are denying your origin online cos of shame. I really pity your unborn kids. Pathetic

9 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 8:36am On May 04, 2017
Mckennedy:

Stop spamming my mentions with nonsense news. I am Awori and a Yoruba, kill yourself if you are not happy.

8 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by OAUTemitayo: 8:36am On May 04, 2017
Bridget95:
But the paramount ruler of Lagos is saying it is not Yoruba land. The Aworis and Egun concur why is Oshogbo imposing itself on Lagos is it by force?
I know you will rear your ugly head here.
A redundant head parading false claims around.

5 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 8:38am On May 04, 2017
history2901:
Common sense.

Just shut up dumbo, I know my history and wont argue with a flat head like you that even have no history. I cant waste my time on someone like you, its a curse for you guys to fight everyone over nothing. I am Awori and proudly Yoruba, you can end your life if it pain you. Simple

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by 9jakool: 8:40am On May 04, 2017
history2901:
Common sense.
And you should know that Oyo was an empire that included multiple Yoruba subgroups.

Lol
ok Lagos is Awori and Ijebu, not Yoruba. How ridiculous does that sound?

3 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 8:40am On May 04, 2017
Jeez, you seem to also speak boko language. Are you sure that you are not from boko-tribe ?
Chapterr5ive:

Just shut up dumbo, I know my history and wont argue with a flat head like you that even have no history. I cant waste my time on someone like you, its a curse for you guys to fight everyone over nothing. I am Awori and proudly Yoruba, you can end your life if it pain you. Simple
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Omofunaab2: 8:41am On May 04, 2017
Mckennedy:

You are just dumb, what's this link gat to do with what you asked me and the reply i gave.

You asked why awori have a different language then I enlightened you that it's a different dialect but same language. And all you could do is to show me a link .

Are you sure you are okay at all?

7 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Okezenwa: 8:41am On May 04, 2017
Honestly, its now clear something is wrong with the Ibo tribe. I am even ashamed on their behalf.

7 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 8:42am On May 04, 2017
There is no proof whatsoever that oyo was ever an empire.
On all pre-colonial maps on which oyo is represented, all we see is a small and young kingdom being overran by fulla.
9jakool:

And you should know that Oyo was an empire that included multiple Yoruba subgroups.

Lol
ok Lagos is Awori and Ijebu, not Yoruba. How ridiculous does that sound?
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:42am On May 04, 2017
Okezenwa:

Frank, how can you take over a place you are being deported daily and flung back to Onitsha head bridge. You are slaves and being used by everyone, Onitsha are benins and not Ibos while Enugu is Fulani land.
He apologized to Igbos but he never apologize to Yoruba leaders, more Yoruba destitutes where deported to southwestern states

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 8:43am On May 04, 2017
history2901:
Jeez, you seem to also speak boko language. Are you sure that you are not from boko-tribe ?

Your kids will beat the hell out of you when they know you have an expired brain. I really pity them. Smh

10 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Okezenwa: 8:45am On May 04, 2017
post=56191559:

He apologized to Igbos but he never apologize to Yoruba leaders, more Yoruba destitutes where deported to southwestern states

Frank, you said you own somwhere and your destitutes parent were deported back to your region, is that not a shame. Your people were flung back to Onitsha bridge, deal with it.

5 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by VirginFinder: 8:46am On May 04, 2017
Mckennedy:

Naso una dey rewrite history oyibo read very well.

The Oba cant say those things ascribed to him. He will soon come out and deny it.

I stand with documented history anytime anyday.

For the records, there were Yoruba settlers (mainly Aworis) in Lagos Island long before the Binis were invited to rule them when they kept suffering persistent attacks by the Dahomey empire. Unfortunately, Oyo empire couldnt protect them hence the Binis came to their rescue.

Only the first 3 kings were of Bini ancestry. The third king was childless, this led to his sister (a princess) marrying the high priest (an Ijesha man) to produce the current line of Obas with Yoruba ancestry.

These are facts gotten from the Lagos Island palace and other sources.

I have seen the dynasty chart before; showing how the dynasty shifted from Bini to Yoruba,

Till tomorrow, Lagos Island Obas will be Yoruba.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Omofunaab2: 8:47am On May 04, 2017
history2901:
There is no such thing as "the yoruba tribe", what we have are different tribes which are being called "yoruba tribe".
You can not be a tribe if you have many languages. Each tribe has its own language, that is only common sense, but guess what the "yoruba-crazies" over here have no common sense.

Lol, and you want people to have a discussion with you like this.

You don't even know the difference between dialect and language

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Emir Dantoro Suspends Officials For Allowing Fulani Herdsmen Enter Communities / Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements / Ask A Muslim/somali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.