Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land (38109 Views)

Meet 50 Obas Who Rule Lagos With Oba Rilwan Akiolu / Oba Akiolu Arrives For Fashola's Photographic Foundation Ceremony In Style / Oba Rilwan Akiolu's Palace On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 8:47am On May 04, 2017
@9jacool,

Two empires can not co-exist so close to each other as Oyo and Benin would have been. The worse nightmare for an empire is an other empire at its doorstep. So since it has been proven that Benin had an empire, I can conclude that it is quasi-impossible that oyo was ever an empire. Besides the pre-colonial maps don't show oyo as ever being an empire.
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by SIRmanjar(m): 8:47am On May 04, 2017
Chapterr5ive:
[s][/s]

You are only bringjng shame and disgrace to your Ibo tribe. I now know why Ikweres insult you people daily cos you love claiming things online. Your parents will surely stone you to death when they know you are denying your origin online cos of shame. I really pity your unborn kids. Pathetic
What is dis mumu Jobless boy saying?Im be like say mad woman give u lap dance yerstdy na why you dey think upside down..How does it feel to be a rejected lonely pshyco,trying to force brotherhood on people?
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 8:49am On May 04, 2017
Prove your unsubstantiated claims.
VirginFinder:

The Oba cant say those things ascribed to him. He will soon come out and deny it.

I stand with documented history anytime anyday.

For the records, there were Yoruba settlers (mainly Aworis) in Lagos Island long before the Binis were invited to rule them when they kept suffering persistent attacks by the Dahomey empire. Unfortunately, Oyo empire couldnt protect them hence the Binis came to their rescue.

Only the first 3 kings were of Bini ancestry. The third king was childless, this led to his sister (a princess) marrying the high priest (an Ijesha man) to produce the current line of Obas with Yoruba ancestry.

These are facts gotten from the Lagos Island palace and other sources.

I have seen the dynasty chart before; showing how the dynasty shifted from Bini to Yoruba,

Till tomorrow, Lagos Island Obas will be Yoruba.

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 8:50am On May 04, 2017
SIRmanjar:

What is dis mumu Jobless boy saying?Im be like say mad woman give u lap dance yerstdy na why you dey think upside down..How does it feel to be a rejected lonely pshyco,trying to force brotherhood on people?

Your parents will be crying right now for bringing forth a shameless person like you to this world. I really feel their pains and agony, I understand you all deny your Ibo tribe cos of shame. Even far away Asia, they knew you are a curse to Nigeria and Africa. Lol

8 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by OAUTemitayo: 8:51am On May 04, 2017
Mckennedy:

I feel your frustration you're telling us that Aworis are yoruba? Why then do they have their own language? Until then I will take you serious.
Why are you so brainless? Is Awori speaking a different language?
They have a dialect olodo. Same way Iboes in Enugu have their dialect

5 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by VirginFinder: 8:54am On May 04, 2017
history2901:
@virginfinder,
All pre-colonial maps of west africa show Lagos as being part of the benin empire. And the first of those maps was made around 600 years ago.

Nigeria too used to be part of the British empire. Does that make Nigerians British

Does Britain claim to own Nigeria today

4 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 8:54am On May 04, 2017
Look the only difference between a dialect and a language is that the language has a published dictionnary, and that proves the point that your dichotomy has no relevance. You guys don't seem to differentiate the present from the past.

Omofunaab2:

Lol, and you want people to have a discussion with you like this.

You don't even know the difference between dialect and language
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 8:54am On May 04, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Lol, and you want people to have a discussion with you like this.

You don't even know the difference between dialect and language

That guy is very daft and even proud of it. Smh

8 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by bakynes(m): 8:54am On May 04, 2017
VirginFinder:

The Oba cant say those things ascribed to him. He will soon come out and deny it.

I stand with documented history anytime anyday.

For the records, there were Yoruba settlers (mainly Aworis) in Lagos Island long before the Binis were invited to rule them when they kept suffering persistent attacks by the Dahomey empire. Unfortunately, Oyo empire couldnt protect them hence the Binis came to their rescue.

Only the first 3 kings were of Bini ancestry. The third king was childless, this led to his sister (a princess) marrying the high priest (an Ijesha man) to produce the current line of Obas with Yoruba ancestry.

These are facts gotten from the Lagos Island palace and other sources.

I have seen the dynasty chart before; showing how the dynasty shifted from Bini to Yoruba,

Till tomorrow, Lagos Island Obas will be Yoruba.

Even the Binis that ruled Lagos ruled Aworis. The same thing can be said of Onitsha. Onitsha was first ruled by the Benin Empire does that make Onitsha today Benin land.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 8:55am On May 04, 2017
dialect = language, olodo !!!
OAUTemitayo:
Why are you so brainless? Is Awori speaking a different language?
They have a dialect olodo. Same way Iboes in Enugu have their dialect
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by VirginFinder: 8:56am On May 04, 2017
history2901:
Prove your unsubstantiated claims.

Research. Use google.

Go to the Oba's palace and ask questions.

The Oba NEVER said the trash you pathetic yEasterners as spewing all over the place.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by VirginFinder: 8:57am On May 04, 2017
nku5:
What was the name of the Oba born by the Eko princess for the Ijesha priest?

I'll try and get back to you.

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by SIRmanjar(m): 8:59am On May 04, 2017
Chapterr5ive:

Your parents will be crying right now for bringing forth a shameless person like you to this world. I really feel their pains and agony, I understand you all deny your Ibo tribe cos of shame. Even far away Asia, they knew you are a curse to Nigeria and Africa. Lol
Hahahaha..Team akiolu anytime, anyday..coming from a confirmed bini lagosian cool if im pain anybody
Make una climp 10 story building troway una sef with backflip.
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 8:59am On May 04, 2017
VirginFinder:

Research. Use google.

Go to the Oba's palace and ask questions.

The Oba NEVER said the trash you pathetic yEasterners as spewing all over the place.
No, it doesn't work like that. You make a claim -> you prove your claim.
Anything short of that portrays you as a 419.
Besides, the stories you are telling are way too precise while there is no historical document to back your claims.
You are merely reciting fairytales.

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Omofunaab2: 9:00am On May 04, 2017
history2901:
Look the only difference between a dialect and a language is that the language has a published dictionnary, and that proves the point that your dichotomy has no relevance. You guys don't seem to differentiate the present from the past.

Lol, You are just too daft.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by bakynes(m): 9:02am On May 04, 2017
history2901:
@9jacool,

Two empires can not co-exist so close to each other as Oyo and Benin would have been. The worse nightmare for an empire is an other empire at its doorstep. So since it has been proven that Benin had an empire, I can conclude that it is quasi-impossible that oyo was ever an empire. Besides the pre-colonial maps don't show oyo as ever being an empire.
Mumu did Kemet(Egypt) Empire and Nubia (Sudan) Empire not exist side by side ? Who told you Oyo wasnt an Empire?

You people are dull.

5 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Omofunaab2: 9:05am On May 04, 2017
history2901:
There is no proof whatsoever that oyo was ever an empire.
On all pre-colonial maps on which oyo is represented, all we see is a small and young kingdom being overran by fulla.

lol

This guy is truly daft,

2 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 9:05am On May 04, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Hahahaha..Team akiolu anytime, anyday..coming from a confirmed bini lagosian cool if im pain anybody
Make una climp 10 story building troway una sef with backflip.

Aba tout not proud of his worthless tribe. Ibos are never proud of their tribe reason everyone spits on them. I can understand your frustration. Lol

6 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by VirginFinder: 9:05am On May 04, 2017
history2901:

No, it doesn't work like that. You make a claim -> you prove your claim.
Anything short of that portrays you as a 419.
Besides, the stories you are telling are way too precise while there is no historical document to back your claims.
You are merely reciting fairytales.

Are you a goat

How else do you want me to prove it?

I told you I've seen the Eko dynasty chart before and the current Oba has once alluded to fact that Lagos royalty is part Yoruba(paternal) and part Bini(maternal). This was shortly after he ascended the throne.
This is aside other documented history I have read.

Come on!

4 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 9:07am On May 04, 2017
bakynes:

Mumu did Kemet(Egypt) Empire and Nubia (Sudan) Empire not exist side by side. Who told you Oyo wasnt an Empire?

You people are dull.
I am not going to dive into this subject (egypt and sudan) of which I know nothing. What I know is that there is no case in history of two empires living side by side except the roman empire which devided itself into two at some point and in which the west became a puppet of the east.
Who told me oyo was never an empire: well pre-colonial maps told me that.
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 9:09am On May 04, 2017
"Eko dynasty chart"
Do I strike you as a fool ?
You made claims, if you can't prove them by providing historical documents then you are a liar.
VirginFinder:

Are you a goat

How else do you want me to prove it?

I told you I've seen the Eko dynasty chart before and the current Oba has once alluded to fact that Lagos royalty is part Yoruba(paternal) and part Bini(maternal). This was shortly after he ascended the throne.
This is aside other documented history I have read.

Come on!

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:10am On May 04, 2017
Okezenwa:

Frank, you said you own somwhere and your destitutes parent were deported back to your region, is that not a shame. Your people were flung back to Onitsha bridge, deal with it.
No wahala, the reality on ground Lagos doesn't belong to Yorubas

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by bakynes(m): 9:11am On May 04, 2017
history2901:
I am not going to dive into this subject (egypt and sudan) of which I know nothing. What I know is that there is no case in history of two empires living side by side except the roman empire which devided itself into two at some point and in which the west became a puppet of the east.
If you know you are not wide read then shut up. Those two empires Kemet and Nubia existed side by side and fought many wars against each other they both built pyramids too.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 9:11am On May 04, 2017
bakynes:

Mumu did Kemet(Egypt) Empire and Nubia (Sudan) Empire not exist side by side. Who told you Oyo wasnt an Empire?

You people are dull.

The kid is ignorant and even proud of his own stupidity.

7 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by VirginFinder: 9:12am On May 04, 2017
Sweetguy25:

The socio-political entity called Nigeria was created by Britain. Britain didnt only colonise Nigeria, they also created Nigeria. Unless the entity redefines itself, it is owned by Britain.

I just wanted to clear the air.

The people make a country and not the other way round.

Nigeria is made up Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Fulanis, Ijaws, Bini etc etc

Which of these people can be said to belong to Britain?

If you build a house and decide to relinquish its ownership or sell it legally, do you still own it?

Britain doesnt own Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by SIRmanjar(m): 9:12am On May 04, 2017
Wey dat useless jobless chapter5 wey no dey sleep..Na Im ashawo mama I blame..why she no troway de yeye boy for gutter or abort the pshyo.
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Okezenwa: 9:13am On May 04, 2017
post=56192482:

You are right Frank, it belongs to the Ibos. Onitsha is Benin land, Enugu is Fulani land. So the only Ibos, Abia are the owners of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by VirginFinder: 9:14am On May 04, 2017
post=56192482:

By the time the Obas comes out to deny the publication, we wont see you pathetic yEasterners again. I doubt the thread will hit 2 pages.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by bakynes(m): 9:14am On May 04, 2017
post=56192482:

Just like the throne of Onitsha is a Benin throne and so Onitsha doesn't belong to igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 9:14am On May 04, 2017
bakynes:

If you know you are not wide read then shut up. Those two empires Kemet and Nubia existed side by side and fought many wars against each other they both built pyramids too.
It seems you guys have a problem with honnesty. Nobody in this world knows everything. When I don't know something I boldly say so. Why should I be quiet for being honnest ? No it is liars like you who should shut up ! You may want to revise your notion of empire. Not every kingdom was an empire, and what you said about the pyramids is known to all as from primary school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply)

Emir Dantoro Suspends Officials For Allowing Fulani Herdsmen Enter Communities / Nigeria Bans Foreign Models & Voice-Over Artists In Advertisements / Ask A Muslim/somali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.