Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

A Call To Nigerian Programmers - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Call To Nigerian Programmers (2939 Views)

Nigerian Programmers Are Great / Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design / Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Call To Nigerian Programmers by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 07, 2017
Re: A Call To Nigerian Programmers by stealthtiger(m): 7:31pm On May 07, 2017
4dor:

This is another comment I really like. Unfortunately, you're like a Pastor preaching in a bar. Most of the people you're talking to have no idea.
grin
Lol.. but don't underestimate people o

1 Like

Re: A Call To Nigerian Programmers by stealthtiger(m): 7:47pm On May 07, 2017
I think we need to begin to solve the problems that are peculiar to our own demography, life style.

There are still underlying issues that need to be solved before we can start doing these so-called Bigg things folks over there do.

Take e-commerce as an example.
Some people argue that e-commerce isn't something Nigeria is ready for.

There are several contributing factors that determine the success of e-commerce like efficiency of internet payments and confidence in making payments online, security, internet infrastructure, logistics etc. These are serious problems that needs to be solved in these areas and e-commerce can't be successful as we intend without these contributing factors running well.

So if the fundamental problems can be solved in a way that's local to us, things would begin to take shape on their own.

2 Likes

Re: A Call To Nigerian Programmers by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 07, 2017
stealthtiger:
I think we need to begin to solve the problems that are peculiar to our own demography, life style.

There are still underlying issues that need to be solved before we can start doing these so-called Bigg things folks over there do.

Take e-commerce as an example.
Some people argue that e-commerce isn't something Nigeria is ready for.

There are several contributing factors that determine the success of e-commerce like efficiency of internet payments and confidence in making payments online, security, internet infrastructure, logistics etc. These are serious problems that needs to be solved in these areas and e-commerce can't be successful as we intend without these contributing factors running well.

So if the fundamental problems can be solved in a way that's local to us, things would begin to take shape on their own.
On these points, I completely agree.

1 Like

Re: A Call To Nigerian Programmers by stealthtiger(m): 7:54pm On May 07, 2017
Always online?
Re: A Call To Nigerian Programmers by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 07, 2017
Me? yes of course, I am always trollin' online, just that I might not say anything most times
Re: A Call To Nigerian Programmers by stealthtiger(m): 9:27pm On May 07, 2017
Oh! I see.

We're not just getting our priorities right. Untill we retrace are foot steps and look at what we're overlooking.
It's just a ground up process
Re: A Call To Nigerian Programmers by cbrass(m): 11:01pm On May 07, 2017
dhtml18:

Me i no go ever ever try to install that your okrika whatsapp o, make i no lie to you

grin grin grin I don almost die with laugh here o
Re: A Call To Nigerian Programmers by Nobody: 12:55am On May 08, 2017
stealthtiger:
Oh! I see.

We're not just getting our priorities right. Untill we retrace are foot steps and look at what we're overlooking.
It's just a ground up process
Yeap, you are very correct bro, we need to be encouraging the younger ones to know the true meaning of being a programmer!

cbrass:

grin grin grin I don almost die with laugh here o
Hehehe, you wan blow my device ni?
Re: A Call To Nigerian Programmers by 4dor: 1:35am On May 08, 2017
dhtml18:

Me i no go ever ever try to install that your okrika whatsapp o, make i no lie to you
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Call To Nigerian Programmers by stack1(m): 10:46am On May 09, 2017
AntiWailer:

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you.

No the spirits did
Re: A Call To Nigerian Programmers by stack1(m): 10:49am On May 09, 2017
BlueMagnificent:

I politely disagree with you point.

If whatsapp guys where waiting until they could acquire a good number of servers and infrastructures then you and I know that there would be nothing like whatsapp today. Same goes for facebook and even google.

First bring the idea to life then worry about servers and other infrastructures later. smiley

Well good point, i agree, wasn't saying its not possible starting such a platform in a minimal way, but then personally i wouldn't venture into such without the semi-assurance of some form of investment as time goes on, cuz at least venturing into such you'll do it with the mind of such a platform succeeding, which means at a point you'll need to scale - up!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Google Hacking For Information / Cherrypy, Flask And Other Python Micros..... / Solve these challenges to join Our Cybersecurity Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.