Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians (2480 Views)

Beware Of Another Civil War – Ohanaeze Ndigbo Warns Nigerians / Is Nigeria In The Brink Of Another Civil War? - Al Jazeera / IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 7:37am On May 04, 2017
[img]http://punchng.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/28012526/Abubakar-Sa’ad.jpg[/img]

The Sultan of Sokoto , Alhaji Muhammadu Sa ’ ad Abubakar III , on Wednesday , cautioned Nigerians against making the mistakes that plunged Nigeria into 30 months civil war .
Abubakar , who said that the country would not be able to survive another civil war , added that it was necessary for every Nigerian to work towards peaceful coexistence .
The monarch spoke while delivering his keynote address at the Traditional Rulers’ Day during the ongoing Rivers State Golden Jubilee celebration with the theme, “ Traditional Institution in Nigeria and the Challenge of Re-engineering Viable Local Economies . ”
He said , “Nigeria is just above 50 years and had fought a civil war . We must understand that Nigeria cannot survive another Civil War . Therefore , Nigerians should work against repeating such mistakes that led us to that Civil War. ”
Explaining that traditional institution had been in existence before Nigeria was created , Abubakar maintained that Nigerians had what it takes to bring the best out of the country.
He urged politicians not to see the traditional institution as a threat , but they should work with it ( traditional institution ) to develop the country .
“ The traditional institution was already here before Nigeria came into existence . When the colonial masters came , they saw a well organised traditional institution and that was why most parts of the country were ruled by them through the traditional rulers .
“ The traditional institution in Nigeria has what it takes to bring the best out of our communities and our country. The politicians should not see the traditional institution as a threat , rather they should work with us , ” he stressed .
The Sultan of Sokoto charged monarchs in Rivers State to be supportive of the state government ’ s policies for the growth of the state .
He hailed the state government ’ s commitment towards the completion of the modern traditional rulers ’ complex within six months
Earlier , the state Governor, Nyesom Wike , had pointed out that the state would use the opportunity provided by the Golden Jubilee celebration to deepen the unity of the people of the state .
Wike added that his administration had put measures in place to enhance the status of the state ’ s traditional rulers .
Also speaking, the Ooni of Ife , Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi , called on traditional rulers to always lead exemplary lifestyle worthy of emulation by their subjects .
Maintaining that monarchs have more roles to play in the development of the country than the government , Ooni noted that the traditional rulers knew most of the bad eggs in the society .
The Ooni , who was the chairman of the occasion , urged the political class to make use of the traditional institution and create jobs for the rural populace.
He commended Wike for recognising the traditional rulers in the state by bringing them together through the state ’ s golden jubilee.
Laying the foundation for the construction of the Rivers State Council of Traditional Rulers complex , Abubakar prayed God to grant the governor the strength to continue to deliver development projects to the people of the state .
Wike , however , directed the contractor and the Special Adviser on Special Projects to ensure the completion of the project within six months.

source

http://punchng.com/we-cant-survive-another-civil-war-sultan-warns-nigerians/
Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by SexyNairalander: 7:39am On May 04, 2017
booked
Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by Afonjashapmouth: 7:41am On May 04, 2017
Who wan even fight the war This our people full of headlines and zero actions?? Warlords are long dead. Check any fight scene trust me na two frustrated hungry people

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by madridguy(m): 7:41am On May 04, 2017
Noted.
Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by Igboesika: 7:42am On May 04, 2017
I have said this several times , no country on earth has survived second civil war. If there is war today, whether it's won by BIAFRANS or Nigeria, the next line of action is immediate break up !.

This is why some people are putting all their best to ensure that there won't be another war outbreak because they have a lot to loose and already, they know what the outcome would be which is disintegration and the winners or the losers wont be considered this time.

I laugh when I see people saying something like " Nigeria will deal with Igbos again if there another war and they must remain in Nigeria". These gullible f00ls don't even consider the aftermath of the war which is inevitable break up before they start spewing rubbish .

In whichever way ............................ THE SUN DEFINITELY SHALL RISE AGAIN!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:50am On May 04, 2017
Nobody is talking about civil war
There is peace once people stay on their own side of the divide and mind their business

2 Likes

Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by Aufbauh(m): 7:53am On May 04, 2017
To be forwarned is to be forearmed
Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by dealslip(f): 8:00am On May 04, 2017
He should educate his brothers, Southerners are not interested in fight. It is your brothers that have been promising to kill anyone should Buhari die. We just want a break up or restructuring. This doesn't need war to accomplish. Every state knows it's boundaries.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by GrandGarcon: 8:04am On May 04, 2017
GTFOH

3 Likes

Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 8:08am On May 04, 2017
dealslip:
He should educate his brothers, Southerners are not interested in fight. It is your brothers that have been promising to kill anyone should Buhari die. We just want a break up or restructuring. This doesn't need war to accomplish. Every state knows it's boundaries.

Igbos are illiterates so I don't expect them to reason

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 8:09am On May 04, 2017
mynd44 Lalasticlala
Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by Cooly100: 8:19am On May 04, 2017
But you can survive Nigeria as owned by the north. Have you made any statement concerning the appointment of mainly Hausa/Fulani in almost all the agency of federal government, like you did during GEJ tenure? You are nothing but a hypocrite and utterly not sincere.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by Cooly100: 8:21am On May 04, 2017
IpobExposed:

..but you and your people did are educated and have been ruling Nigeria for more than 40 years...Can you see where you have left the Lugard's contraption...Abysmal....poverty, pain, misery and hopelessness

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by criminalmindz: 8:28am On May 04, 2017
he should go advice buhari. hypochrites!

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:56am On May 04, 2017
Igboesika:
I have said this several times , no country on earth has survived second civil war ...

Stop propagating this falsehood. The English Civil War (1642 - 1651)was composed of 3 distinct civil wars all fought on English soil.
Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by Igboesika: 8:59am On May 04, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Stop propagating this falsehood. The English Civil War (1642 - 1651)was composed of 3 distinct civil wars all fought on English soil.
Go and read your history and understand it very well before you quote me.

2 Likes

Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:02am On May 04, 2017
Igboesika:

I give up. You rank among the unteachable
Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:04am On May 04, 2017
Igboesika:

There is no need to compound ignorance with obstinacy.
The police Google is your friend
Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:05am On May 04, 2017
Cooly100:

..but you and your people did are educated and have been ruling Nigeria for more than 40 years...Can you see where you have left the Lugard's contraption...Abysmal....poverty, pain, misery and hopelessness

Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:06am On May 04, 2017
Cooly100:

* rings the bell... *
TKO.
Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by dealslip(f): 10:23am On May 04, 2017
IpobExposed:

So everyone that remotely has another opinion different from yours is an IPob. So who is the real illiterate now as I ain't an IPOB citizen

3 Likes

Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by dragonking2: 10:32am On May 04, 2017
He should tell that to his blood thirsty brothers who are threatening to kill innocent people if Buhari loses or die.

Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by samfuntua: 10:48am On May 04, 2017
i don't think agitation for freedom is synonymous to civil war in civilized world except otherwise some people or region want to change what should be modern/civilized minds agreeing on a round table to theater of war.

2 Likes

Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 04, 2017
dealslip:

So everyone that remotely has another opinion different from yours is an IPob. So who is the real illiterate now as I ain't an IPOB citizen

I have opened your profile you're hardcore ipob
Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:02pm On May 04, 2017
IpobExposed:

Are you been paid to do this or you just want to be iPob nightmare? A look at your history shows that you've been all about Ipob. I don't get how someone will create an account just for bashing ipob if they are not paid to do it. Explain please.

4 Likes

Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 04, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Are you been paid to do this or you just want to be iPob nightmare? A look at your history shows that you've been all about Ipob. I don't get how someone will create an account just for bashing ipob if they are not paid to do it. Explain please.

concerning if am paid that will be a secret discussion pm me to know my secret
Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:06pm On May 04, 2017
Why?
Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 04, 2017
dragonking2:
He should tell that to his blood thirsty brothers who are threatening to kill innocent people if Buhari loses or die.

that is a fake Hausa man profile spread by the liepods
Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:09pm On May 04, 2017
IpobExposed:

concerning if am paid that will be a secret discussion pm me to know my secret
Pm you to know your secret? I don't get. A simple Yes or No will be okay and an explanation on why you opened an account for the sole denigration of ipob. Because I can't see myself working against a particular perceived evil, leaving out other evident evils if I'm not paid or have a burning reason for doing it.

2 Likes

Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by dealslip(f): 2:33pm On May 04, 2017
IpobExposed:

I have opened your profile you're hardcore ipob

You must have mixed up profiles
Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by kenny987(f): 2:39pm On May 04, 2017
KidsNEXTdoor:
Nobody is talking about civil war
There is peace once people stay on their own side of the divide and mind their business

The divide needs to be clearly and officially created first don't u think so?
Re: We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians by Vicolan: 3:26pm On May 04, 2017
Abegi ma mama dey always tell how dt war b oooo....Abegi mk we no start am ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo In Diaspora Laud Operation Python Dance, Urge Probe Of IPOB / Breaking: Ekiti Election, How Result Was Altered, INEC Official Reveals- Pics / Nigeria: Buhari Or Jibril? The Russian Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.