Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA (18460 Views)

$50m Loot: DG NIA diverted Gej's 2015 Campaign Funds- Deji Adeyanju / Suspended DG NIA Weeps, Barred From Aso Rock / President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by enomakos(m): 9:10am On May 04, 2017
bantudark:

then they are useless in that case....armed robbers are everywere,kidnappers,looters,cultists,baby factories,militant groups....

you want to tell me its not the job of the nia to look into such things....

and why is jonathan still not in prison...
what is the job of the police and sss then?
Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by misterh(m): 9:12am On May 04, 2017
bantudark:

fbi involves itself in such things......
Dude, in what universe are you equating the FBI with the NIA? shocked. Is FBI an intelligence gathering agency? NIA works with the same parameters as the CIA, M16, KGB.

This is my last reply to you. Cheers and have a nice day.
Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by bantudark: 9:12am On May 04, 2017
Jaabioro:
Weldone sir, and well said sir but we needed to change from old folks way of doing things that's not benefiting her citizens. Your offspring was unable to unravelled the misery behind Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen and militants kidnapping, pirates saga enveloping us everyday. I prayed you see Mr President or VP.. we need reformation...

they should do their job or get lost...if nia was that effective,then why is ghadaffi dead??....

the death of gadaffi made things even more worst....

1 Like

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by adanny01(m): 9:12am On May 04, 2017
This man is just looking for relevance.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by enomakos(m): 9:13am On May 04, 2017
sending the military to take over some dept of the NIA is very wrong ,a military that hads been compromised, a military that gives itel to book haram

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by bantudark: 9:14am On May 04, 2017
misterh:
Dude, in what universe are you equating the FBI with the NIA? shocked. Is FBI an intelligence gathering agency? NIA works with the same parameters as the CIA, M16, KGB.

This is my last reply to you. Cheers and have a nice day.

soooo...because we are not white,we dont deserve the equivalent of fbi??....

go joor....
Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by morscino: 9:14am On May 04, 2017
bantudark:

foreign intelligence bring us nothing.......preventing trouble for the nigerians is their job..not playing international games..

the world is a dangerous place....we have no business playing nice with the world.....how many secrets did they steal from abroad to help us......illegal imigrants everywere....isnt it their job to inform us about illegal foreighners....

why are they not capable to trace shekau??....tompolo.....dokubo and others...

how could chibok happen under their watch?...
why not drop ur email add,so I can tell dem to mail u when next they get an intel.
Their op is shrewd in uttermost secrecy,there are some ppl dat would tell u they work at a bar or something abroad,who are actually agents of NIA,same way there are DSS agents whom u might know as a banker or something.
Oke's only offence is not informing d President abt d existence of d said money.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by Jointhemiltons2(m): 9:14am On May 04, 2017
misterh:
Please do yourself a favour by reading about how foreign Intelligence agencies work. What the hell is the relationship between the NIA and the prevalence of baby factories, cultists, armed robbers and co?

Have a nice day.
Oga I swear you get time to dey reply dat human being. Some people hv just sworn to always be ignorant. Am sure he dsnt understand the fact that every organization has its jurisdiction.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by Jaabioro(m): 9:16am On May 04, 2017
bantudark:

they should do their job or get lost...if nia was that effective,then why is ghadaffi dead??....

the death of gadaffi made things even more worst....
Exactly ..

1 Like

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by bantudark: 9:16am On May 04, 2017
morscino:

why not drop ur email add,so I can tell dem to mail u when next they get an intel.
Their op is shrewd in uttermost secrecy,there are some ppl dat would tell u they work at a bar or something abroad,who are actually agents of NIA,same way there are DSS agents whom u might know as a banker or something.
Oke's only offence is not informing d President abt d existence of d said money.

even america questions fbi,cia and others every now and then.....what makes you think nigeria shouldnt do that too?..

1 Like

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by bigtt76(f): 9:17am On May 04, 2017
Nor bi from those countries BH guys from come? Or na for Aba those militants manufacture their weapons from? If NIA were up to the task monitoring other countries, why did they not get intels on the movement of weapons to Naija or BH guys? Forget that thing those guys are saying, they're just squandering our wealth like governors are doing to security votes. We're doomed in this country shaaaa. CIA carries out covert operations outside her shores to prevent wahala coming into their country but we NIA de busy de hide forex for apartment then some former head de tok thrash ....they're are all beneficiaries thats why they're scared!

Elagancy:
nothing concern NIA wit Nigeria issues. wat concerns dem are other countries issue. they are spies. so I support dis mans talk

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by Jointhemiltons2(m): 9:18am On May 04, 2017
shadowsblu:
ABI OOH... MEANWHILE WHOS DOWN FOR SOME CHUKU CHUKU WEEKEND SEF... I JUST WANT SOME FUN.
So how's d chuku chuku weekend gon be

1 Like

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by misterh(m): 9:19am On May 04, 2017
Jointhemiltons2:

Oga I swear you get time to dey reply dat human being. Some people hv just sworn to always be ignorant. Am sure he dsnt understand the fact that every organization has its jurisdiction.
See ehn. I've started having headache sef. How can someone be so ignorant and revel in such ignorance?!
Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by Jointhemiltons2(m): 9:21am On May 04, 2017
misterh:
See ehn. I've started having headache sef. How can someone be so ignorant and revel in such ignorance?!
Some people have just refused to learn even tho learning is a part of life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by Nobody: 9:21am On May 04, 2017
seunmsg:
Nonsense. No agency should be above accountability and public scrutiny no matter how sensitive their duties are.

This same silly mentality is why the president and all governors vote huge amounts as security votes annually without giving account of how the funds were expended.

For us to succeed in the war on corruption, we must move away from this old military mentality. Every public official and government agencies entrusted with public funds must be made to give account of how the funds were expended. No agency, no matter how sensitive should be above accountability.

I am quoting you because you write as an intelligent mind, but devoid of the knowledge of how the intelligence network functions. NIA is not DSS, and not the Police. NIA and any of such Intelligence Agency in other countries example CIA in the USA, are operable on black budget. Black Budget means, it will be off-budget how much is allocated to them, where their funds are lodged and they dont use the regular internet protocols, not same GSM protocols and they are the Humans responsible for the safety of the country, even the President, or any other Political Office holder have no access to the Secrets known by these Agencies. The NIA actually has the right to take down any President, at last resort who could plunge a country to wars. Example - It is only Agencies like NIA that could take down Abacha and plant fake news everywhere to quieten the mass revolutions to follow.

What I mean is, you can not audit the NIA using the public auditors, because their funding is not on the budget you pass. Intelligence agencies have their internal peer review mechanisms.

I grew up knowing that some Intelligence Agencies actually operate with limitless ATM cards and diplomatic passports and access to flights anywhere in the world. These guys are the reasons we stay safe. I have met a few of them, trust me, for once in my life, I was confused cos I met human beings that can not be bribed. No nonsense, they dont talk much, no uniforms, they act like they own the world and they arrested soldiers and policemen in my presence and I was shocked. I was smart to have sauntered away.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by banio: 9:27am On May 04, 2017
I agree with Horsfall. But other countries use their secret agents to achieve things including technology advancement. But NIA work is to store millions of dollars in Lagos flats and share it later amongst themselves. Ihamnotundastandin

1 Like

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by Nobody: 9:38am On May 04, 2017
intelligence agency yet they cant find the sponsors of bh, fulani herdsmen and cripple their affairs. the thing is some people are using the agency to divert public funds, until that nonsense stops, the agency will have to be subjected to periodic scrutiny

1 Like

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by enomakos(m): 9:43am On May 04, 2017
linnyx:

NIA don't operate within Nigeria, it is illegal. They are meant to gather intelligence from outside Nigeria. They use the same modus operandi as the CIA or MOSSAD
tell them

1 Like

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by warrah(m): 9:44am On May 04, 2017
I can see that many Nigerians are not conversant with reading detective and espionage novels. Novels from authors like Tom clancy, Robert ludulum etc.........they will understand that the Man is partially right, just that in Nigeria, everything is usually abused and used as a conduit for corruption.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by deandavid(m): 9:45am On May 04, 2017
goodfortune200:
congrats to my yesterday's winners and my previous winners also who could not meet up yesterday. my next game game drops tomorrow, (05/05/2017) join me let's keep hitting the bookmakers where it hurts..
GENERAL INFORMATION BASED ON THE INTELLIGENCE THINGS, THIS MAN POSTING SUREBET WITH EVERYTHING COLLECT AND PHONE NUMBER ON THE SLIP, IS A CHEAP SCAMMER, AND THAT SLIP IS FAKE AS FAKE
DID I FALL VICTIM ? NO

DO I KNOW HIM? NO

HOW DO I KNOW ITS FAKE?
THAT SLIP IS SOMETHING THAT CAN BE PRINTED FROM A COMPUTER USING A4 PAPER AND THEN TRIMMING IT TO SIZE, IF YOU OBSERVE THAT SLIP WELL, THE SHAPE OF THE EDGES ARE IRREGULAR. BE AWARE.
OYA NIA COME AND EMPLOY ME. YOU GUYS DO NOTHING IN THIS COUNTRY, OTHER THAN HAVING, LIMITLESS ATM, ACCESS FLIGHT TO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, ARREST SOLDIERS, EAT OUR MONEY AND KEEP HARD CURRENCIES IN AN UNSAFE HOUSE AS A SAFE HOUSE. AND YOUR OWN FELLOW NIA WORKER BLOW WHISTLE ON YOU. ABI I LIE?
Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by Ipfreely: 9:47am On May 04, 2017
bantudark:

fbi involves itself in such things......

The FBI has as its approximate nigerian equivalent, the DSS/SSS, though in practice it isn't that clear cut. It's more a combination of the police IGP SIRT and other special branches of the other armed forces.

The approximate foreign counterpart of the NIA would be the CIA or MOSSAD. Strictly in terms of their respective jurisdictions, not necessarily their efficiency or historical antecedents.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by Ipfreely: 9:49am On May 04, 2017
In summary the FBI isn't necessarily equivalent to the NIA in terms of their constitutional roles.
Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by GavelSlam: 10:00am On May 04, 2017
misterh:

I believe the Boko Haram issue is within the purview of the DSS. Does the mandate of the NIA include going after looters, as you alluded to in your comment?

NIA has more to do with foreign intelligence.

Boko Haram is an international/regional group.

If NIA claims the sect is not within their purview they should be summarily dissolved.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by ontruth(m): 10:08am On May 04, 2017
AntiWailer:

You are right NIA's jurisdiction is keeping 48million dollars cash in personal apartment.

Na so
Imagine a whole National intelligence of a country carelessly kept money in an apartment.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by fof1: 10:14am On May 04, 2017
seunmsg:
Nonsense. No agency should be above accountability and public scrutiny no matter how sensitive their duties are.

This same silly mentality is why the president and all governors vote huge amounts as security votes annually without giving account of how the funds were expended.

For us to succeed in the war on corruption, we must move away from this old military mentality. Every public official and government agencies entrusted with public funds must be made to give account of how the funds were expended. No agency, no matter how sensitive should be above accountability.

WHAT DO U REALLY KNOW PLS?
Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by 7mentrouble(m): 10:18am On May 04, 2017
My Guy u finish work.no mind de simbi
bigtt76:
The best yet Boko Haram and Niger Delta militants held Nigeria to ransom for close to a decade ....#mtscheeeeeeeeeeew!!!
Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by Dottore: 10:19am On May 04, 2017
morscino:

Guy!..d fact dat u can sit/stand to type dis thrash means u are secured...

I typed trash like your father's dick abi
Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by kowema(f): 10:26am On May 04, 2017
enomakos:
did you even know how much the CIA spends in a day?

So CIA nd NIA don be mate?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by hmbassey1960(m): 10:28am On May 04, 2017
I think dis matter should be address,carefully the NIA is nt a small agency
Re: Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA by misterh(m): 10:39am On May 04, 2017
GavelSlam:

Boko Haram is an international/regional group.

If NIA claims the sect is not within their purview they should be summarily dissolved.
I'm not certain that Boko Haram is within the purview of NIA, hence, I typed 'I believe'. Before such conclusions can be made as to whether it is within the purview of the NIA or not, don't you think we need to read the Act (Decree?) that established it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pension: Delta, Edo Spend Over ₦842 Million On Two Convicted Ex-Governors / SDP Pres. Candidate, Adewole Adebayo Reacts To Allegation Of Drug Crime / Abiola: 'Jail Babangida' - I Go Dye Writes Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.